PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite creature or race in fantasy or mythology?

Crazywolf
04-02-2017, 12:25 AM
Basically as it says on the title... What is your favourite creature or race in fantasy or mythology?

rabbit
04-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Faery, probably. There's so much about their world/universe, different races and factions, monsters of their own, SO MUCH. So good.

The Only One
05-28-2017, 11:05 AM
I tend to play Nekos quite a lot. Either that or Lalafell.

Crazywolf
07-10-2017, 09:19 PM
My own is probably dwarves. Though I also like elves.

Organis
07-13-2017, 04:42 AM
"What's your favorite idea?
Mine is being creative."

For realsies, though, the Bulette from D&D. It's like a land shark that can friggen burry underground.

I also sculpted a creature for a seventh grade project called the Terragilis (g is j-sounding). It's a massive, mountain-dwelling reptile with the teeth structure of a lamprey. It's dark grey with occasional pairs of green stripes circling around its torso. The end of its thick tail is shaped like a pickaxe which can extend and fold/retract to normal, and its stocky legs have massive feet bearing three stubby-clawed toes. It burrows through the earth by twisting its insanely-flexible cartilage/bone skeleton that contains a gear mechanism. As it twists slowly, the Terragilis's bones move away from their normal positions, altering a skeletal structure still held together by cartilage surrounding the ligaments. This creates loud clicking noises at certain degrees of rotation signifying being locked in once again. Then, the stored up energy is released and the body twirls at high speeds, the Terragilis's teeth grinding through rock like a drill. It's pickaxe end folds back into the rest of the tail during this process, though it can be used underground for sudden stops and helps to climb and break things on the surface. It also has a pair of glowing green eyes with excellent darkvision and poor lightvision. It hunts mountain goats by sensing vibrations and bursting up through the surface. It can detect if its prey is a goat or a mountain lion, but it might attack lions too if desparate. :3

Celestial
04-28-2018, 09:36 AM
Chimera ~ The Lore behind the Creature is just amazing and the way Video games try to mimick that with their own taste is just like absolutely stunning.

Doe
12-14-2018, 09:26 PM
Werewolves all the way

KeirenReine
06-04-2020, 10:54 PM
I have and always will have an affinity for Vampirism.

Alura
08-28-2020, 03:16 PM
This is such a great question, hard to choose! I quite like Selkies because of how complex their situation is: the most vulnerable aspects of humanity and some of the most predatory rolled up into one cryptid.

Holeypaladin
08-29-2020, 02:21 AM
I have to go with Dragons. Though you can think of Dragons more as a genus rather than a species, since there are many different types of dragons (fire dragons, frost dragons, etc). My favorite are the highly intelligent, magic using, shapeshifting True Dragons that could very well be standing behind you ready to shift into dragon form and eat you right now. They're smarter than you so unless they succumb to hubris (like they frequently do), you'll never stand a chance against them.

After dragons, fairies (as a genus) since they include elves, dwarves, mermaids, selkies, salamanders, goblins, hags, and basically half the creature roster you're likely to find in a typical fantasy RPG.