PDA

View Full Version : (June '17) Prompt #3 - "They say when you marry in June..."

.Karma.
06-01-2017, 02:22 PM
June's 3rd prompt is "They say when you marry in June..."

If you have any questions about how to participate in this event,
please visit the The rules and Guideline (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80942) thread or PM Karma (http://role-player.net/forum/member.php?u=47486).

Feeling like offering us a prompt?
Do you want to see your idea featured as one of the Month's prompts?
Click here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80942&p=2769937&viewfull=1#post2769937) to learn more!

ArtisticVicu
08-04-2017, 05:57 PM
"They say when you marry in June, you are graced with good luck." He spluttered, hearing a string of giggles from his soon to be sister-in-law as he fought with the tulle. "I think they were lying."

"I don't think they meant prior to the wedding," she offered, still heavily amused by his inability to get the tulle under wraps. Honestly, he had a fricken theatre degree and had done enough work in the costume department to know how to get tulle to behave. This was just utter fricken chaos and against him at the moment. "I think it's for the marriage's longevity."

He gave her a flat look and she giggled again. He facade broke and he gave her a soft smile. "True, but I wouldn't sneeze at a little of that luck coming on the wedding day." He made a face at the tulle again. "Why does this have to be so difficult."

"We could always just ask our mothers to help."

"My mom's too busy helping my brother," he responded, "and yours is too busy corralling the bridesmaids."

Again, a string of giggles. He was truly glad she was enjoying herself. The process had been stressful for her and his brother. He was glad that in the midst of all the stress he was being able to offer her a moment to laugh. "Yes but you're a man and men don't know how to do this."

It was a teasing tone, not meant any real damage. He could tell even with his lack of understanding social cues and sarcasm the majority of the time. He beamed at her even as he fired back, "I didn't take theatre for nothing. Besides, I've handmade a good number of costumes since my college years. I can deal with," he turned a glare on the tulle tornado set before him, "this monstrosity. Should be nothing more than a fricken ballerina skirt and I can't even find the waistband." He looked at her and whined, "Why'd you have to get the poofy princess dress with so much tulle? Why couldn't you have gone with a simpler dress?"

She grinned at him, the mischief in her eyes a clear indicator that she understood he was playing. She met the bait with pride. "Because I am a froofy, froofy princess and I deserve the best, most elaborate dress the kingdom has to offer."

He broke first, choking on a laugh before she had even said anything. There was a pause as they gauged each other before they both fell into fits of laughter.

"I can't believe you admitted it!" he gasped between fits of giggles. "Oh man. I wish I had been recording that."

She raised her head proudly but the grin on her face made her look like an over-excited child. "I'll gladly say it any time you wish."

He pointed his finger at her as the door opened behind him. "I am recording it and it is becoming your ringtone."

"Need a hand in here or are you two having fun in this mess?" a voice inquired behind him.

He turned as his soon-to-be sister-in-law huffed. "You're not supposed to see me before the ceremony. It's bad luck."

Standing in the doorway was his youngest brother. Even only half dressed he looked rather dashing in a sort of bad boy from the 1960s way. He tried not to laugh at the thought but a smirk broke out regardless. His brother only winked at him, clearly understanding. "I came by because my mom is driving me up the wall."

He snorted. "Adrien, Mom fretting over you is nothing compared to Celeste mom fretting over you."

Adrien shuddered and that gained a set of giggles from Celeste behind him. "Don't remind me."

Adrien focused fully on him, concern in his expression. "Are you sure you're ok playing this part, Skyler? I know you said it was ok even though you're fully transitioned now but-"

He raised a hand, touched at his little brother's concern. He offered a soft smile. "I agreed to do this before I had finished transitioning. And I would have still agreed to it even if I hadn't. Benedict and Alice aren't here yet and Alice would have been our only other choice outside of family."

"Someone dissing my girlfriend?"

Skyler chuckled as the middle brother appeared with said girlfriend in hand. Adrien greeted Benedict with a rough hug, Alice slipping away to give Celeste a hug. Skyler let his two younger brothers chat as he focused on the girlfriend and bride's conversation.

"Congratulations, Celestia," Alice offered with a smile. "And sorry we weren't here on time."

Celeste waved her off. "It's quite alright. You two had quite the drive and accidents don't make that drive any easier."

"Especially when there were three and no way to bail," Alice agreed.

"Trip wasn't horrible, though, beyond that?" Skyler interjected, stepping closer to be included.

Alice shook her head. "No. It was quite pleasant, even if your brother stressed about the time."

Skyler gave a fond smile. "That's Bendy for ya: The Stresser."

An arm wrapped itself around Skyler's shoulders and he was jostled about as his middle brother challenged, "You using that horrible nickname again?"

"Of course!" Skyler shot back, a mischievous grin on his face. "I like associating you with an ink demon from a video game."

Benedict started a small tussle that Adrien joined in on. Skyler was never any good at tussling with his brothers, even as a girl, but he was getting wiser to his brothers' tricks and managed to slip out before too much damage could be done. There were rounds of laughter from all of them and even Skyler was breathless from laughing so hard.

"Alright, alright," Skyler called over the noise. "We'd best get busy. Otherwise we'll have both mothers breathing down our necks and I don't think we need to ensue that kind of wrath."

There was a bout of chuckles and shudders shared about the five of them before Skyler took charge once more. "Adrien, you'd better head back before Mom figures out where you disappeared off to." Adrien nodded and kissed Celeste's cheek before dipping out. "Benedict, can you go check on the men? I have no idea what's going on in there and, honestly, I've got my hands full here."

Benedict nodded and kissed Alice's hand. "Find me when you're done."

Alice nodded and Benedict also left. Skyler turned an apologetic smile to Alice. "Mind helping with the storm of tulle? Celeste, if you want to go ahead and put your slip on, we'll get this situated so that it can go on first."

Celeste nodded and slipped behind the dressing screen to change as Skyler and Alice - almost literally - tackled the storm of tulle before them.

"Why did you go with so much tulle?" Alice complained.

Celeste's string of giggles and Skyler's bellowing laughs filled the room.