PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the coming Rumble

Kris
07-05-2017, 10:50 PM
We thought on Crazy idea of having 2 VS. 2 (Think Tekken tag deal)

Yay or Nay?

Please vote and/or express your opinion.

(You are allowed multi choices)

Regarding the option:

2 Vs 2 : allowing CO and teaming either before or by randomness (or even bote), two winners in the end.

2 Vs 2 in some rounds: Allowing a CO and teaming for 1 or 2 rounds, having one winner at the end.

1 Vs 1: The way it used to be until now, not changing it.

Omac
07-05-2017, 11:07 PM
This sounds amazing! I haven't done an arena battle since like.. 2015.. and never as a rumble, but I think it sounds fun to have a partner. I doubt I'll be up and ready by time it comes around or if I'm intrested enough to join, but you have my full support! If there is anyway I can help (without being in the battle) just let me know! I'm good for brainstorming ideas off of and practically always online. ~razz~

Mystress of Shadows
07-05-2017, 11:43 PM
I plan on joining again, and I swear, if I wind up dropping out, I will shoot myself so you guys don't have to. (Still mad at myself for, what? Two years ago? XD)

Kris
07-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Don't worry, we don't hold grude.

>.>

A lot.

*sparkle my gun*

Kidding! I'm glad you'll be joining again :D

Dire Hoef
07-08-2017, 02:10 AM
*Scratches head* Eh.. Not a crowd favorite nowadays, but I'm willing to turn that around. I'm going throwing anything you throw at me twice, no thrice, as hard. Bring it.

Salroka
09-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Had I seen this sooner, I would have voted. I've been running around like a madman lately, with my upcoming surgery and testing and preparations... ugh.

For what it is worth, I think keeping it 1 vs 1 would be the best option. Rumbles tend to have at least one or two people drop or forfeit before they finish anyway, so making them 2 vs 2 adds more complication to the mix if and when that happens.

RedKayne
09-04-2017, 03:33 PM
I'll toss in my own suggestion into the mix. I would like to see a 2v2 Rumble because I think it'll prove interesting, but Beta does raise a good point about people dropping out.

I think a main way to fix this is to require players to create brand new characters for the upcoming Rumble. They will have to go through the entire process of having their character approved by the judges. I remember in the Rumble from 2 years ago, we had the largest player cast ever because a lot of people grabbed pre-created characters. However, in that Rumble, people were dropping left and right - in my belief, because they didn't put in any effort in creating their characters.

Last year, we saw a lot of people interested in the Rumble - but then we saw a lot of people drop their interest throughout the character approval process. I think we only had one drop-out from last year's Rumble, which itself is a great accomplishment.

If you make it a requirement for people to make brand new characters subject for character approval (or it doesn't need to be a brand new character, just a strenuous character approval process lol) - then you should see a big difference between those 'just interested' and those that are 'committed'

Dnafein
09-05-2017, 12:57 AM
Before I vote, I'd be curious as to the plan on how tags would work. I don't know about other gamers but when I play a game with a tag element, I tend not to tag (mostly from habit) so my second character only gets play time when my primary goes down, or when I remember and/or am chasing an achievement/bonus for number of tags in a match.

It would be frustrating for a player to create a char, and then never get to play said char cause their teammate is a badass.

Mystress of Shadows
10-15-2017, 09:53 PM
Just curious - I'm willing to wait - but I wanted to know how progress for setting up the Rumble for this year was coming.