PDA

View Full Version : [M] WASTE - Survival Sandbox RP

Craze
08-17-2017, 11:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qoX9WYb.png
rated 'M' for blood, gore, violence, sexual content.

In 1983, the Cold War heats up once again when Ronald Reagan called the Soviet Union an 'Empire of Evil'.
On September 26th 1983, the nuclear early warning system in a secret military base somewhere in Russia goes off - twice. One of the satellites detects an incoming launch of four missiles coming from the United States.
The day they all feared has come.
Without thought, the Soviet Union retaliates and presses the nuke button. The might of the Soviet nuclear arsenal is finally unleashed, heading straight for the United States and Western Europe.
At this time, the U.S. nuclear radar goes off as well. However, their detection, unlike the Russians, is correct. Without hesitation, the United States retaliate with their arsenal.

The Soviet radar was in fact mistaken - there was never a missile launch, it was merely light reflecting off of one of the panels.
But it is too late now.

In less than an hour time, Earth's entire northern hemisphere is turned into a nuclear wasteland.

The year is 2020.
The setting is Europe.

http://i.imgur.com/xzcD8Ff.png

Half the world is a barren wasteland, the only slither of modern civilization left behind in the periphery such as South America and Africa, where it was never at its peak in the first place.
All of Europe is divided into seven countries, five of which dominated by terrorist factions.

In this world, you are part of a small group of survivors trying to find their way in this wretched nothing.

THE REGIONS AND THE FACTIONS

YELLOW - Paryse
Danger rating: **
Paryse considers itself the most civilized of Europe nowadays, the name referencing the grand city of Paris as well as the notion of paradise in the Bible. It is ruled and patrolled by the Southern Armada (SA), who could be compared to a military operation of sorts. They have confiscated or crafted military garments and have fashioned firearms. They think of themselves as being quite civilized, though they do not take kindly to 'intruders' on their territory. The borders of Paryse are lined with soldiers and tank-like vehicles.
However, thanks to the strong military enforcement, brutes and dangerous creatures have been kept at bay. Apart from the soldiers, there are really not many threats in Paryse. They're even attempting reconstruction at the cities, with Paris being the first - the Eiffel Tower is already halfway up, being held up by cables and ropes.

PURPLE - Rome
Danger rating: ***
Rome, once considered the great Roman Empire at some point in history, is now not much more than a waste of ruin and garbage. Considered the 'garbage disposal' of Europe, it has many skyscrapers that, in fact, consist of heaps and heaps of garbage.
For some, however, it is quite beneficial; from car graveyards to landfills, Rome is the perfect place to scavenge for scraps and materials.
The air, however, is the most poisonous in the world at this time.
Rome is home to the very scum of the earth, from mutated brutes to disfigured scavengers. It is ruled by the Scrap Gang, who have built their kingdom on top of the largest garbage pile in all of Rome. Their leader, fittingly named Caesar, is a true tyrant, but at the moment also terminally ill.

GREEN - Britain
Danger rating: ****
The most western part of Europe, at first bigger than Paryse, is now considered Paryse's failed little brother. The people, should you encounter any, are ill-mannered, ill-tempered, and most of the time intoxicated. The ruling faction, the Growlers, ruled by James Poppycock, are a bunch of Cockney bastards with no high regard for humanity. They even slaughter their own like it's nothing and incest is no stranger to them. They barely wear clothes - the only garments they wear are bits of skin and bone from their victims. Oh, and they eat people as well.
Worry not, though - they're often holed up in their hideout somewhere where Belgium used to be, only coming out for scavenge runs and joyrides in their garbage cars.

BLUE - Scandinavia
Danger rating: *****
Apart from the wasteland climate it now has, Scandinavia is the most unchanged of Europe. The ruling faction are the Nordics, true survival experts who know where to find what they need. They're actually a quite peaceful lot, so you needn't worry about them - the real danger is Scandinavia's wildlife.
From mutated bears to two-headed lions, Scandinavia is crawling with the worst of the worst when it comes to predators. As if that's not enough, Scandinavia also has quite the harsh climate. Just like the rest of the world, it often has sandstorms and acid rain, but the temperatures can get incredibly high as well as incredibly low up here in the north. The sandstorms, also, go paired with lightning strikes and debris flying about.

RED - Commie Country
Danger rating: ******
Though officially still named Russia, people have refrained from giving this part of the world any credit since what happened in 1983. The hate for Russia has increased enormously, growing into unfiltered racism-like hatred.
Fittingly, this part of the world is ruled by the Neo Soviets, who take pride in their Russian heritage and still see merit in setting forth communism. They do not have a leader, but instead act as a pack of wolves, tackling their prey in convoys of cars they've managed to bring back from the dead.
They've embraced the hate they get from the west, and basically tolerate only true Russians in their country.

GREY - No Man's Land
Danger rating: **********
As the name suggests, no one rules here. No one can live here, no one can survive here. It is an endless desert of nuclear waste, impossible to get through with anything else than a reasonably fast car.
Those who set foot in the No Man's Land do not die at the hand of the factions, nor at the hand of the predators. They die from starvation or exhaust.
Fittingly, the center of No Man's Land is named the Desert of the Dead, as it is filled with the bodies of those who attempted to cross it.

Alright, time to talk technical RP terms. In this RP, you'll be part of one of 3 groups of survivors. Each group needs a minimum of 3 characters, and can have a maximum of 5. (that is, at the start of the RP; I more than encourage the fusing of groups in the story, should this occur.)
The minimum of 3 is required as each group requires three 'special members':

- The Scavenger
- The Mechanic
- The Cook

Each of these roles is as follows:

The Scavenger is responsible for finding supplies and materials. He or she goes on scavenger hunts (not necessarily alone), well equipped to deal with the threats of the land. He or she is the most skilled in the group when it comes to combat and scouting.
The Mechanic is responsible for putting together whatever the Scavenger manages to find. This could be a car, a weapon, or anything really. He or she is an engineer, a technician and the most skilled when it comes to planning and schematics.
The Cook is perhaps the most essential - he or she is responsible for taking care of the pack, making sure everyone is healthy and in good state. He or she cooks meals, heals members, knows what herbs do what things, and so on. The Cook is usually the person to defend the camp, if there is one.

Each group can have a leader, but it is not required. Nor is it required that the leader is a specific member, such as a Mechanic. It could be any random Johnny for all I care, just know that a form of hierarchy can sometimes lead to conflict...

THE GROUPS

Group A
Scavenger:
Mechanic: Joe Wyland (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88676&p=2925044&viewfull=1#post2925044) - Craze
Cook:

Group B
Scavenger:
Mechanic:
Cook:

Group C
Scavenger:
Mechanic:
Cook:

#1: All RPA rules apply.
#2: I am the GM. My word is law.
#3: This RP focuses solely on character development, whatever that may mean for you. Yes, it is about survival, but not ONLY survival. People are people - they want romance, conflict, friendship, whatever. Keep that in mind!
#4: Have fun. PLEASE have fun. This RP is not that serious.
#5: IMPORTANT RULE: this RP will focus on a sort of DND-style of play. Which means that there is a game master, in this case, myself - Craze. I will tell the groups, at any given time, what is around them and how the plot can advance.
For example, I may present you with a scrapyard in the east, and a settlement in the north. However you decide to act, is up to you and your teammates.
#6: THIS RULE EXPANDS ON RULE #5: At any case of conflict or an event, the game master will tell you what happens. For example:

GM: To the east is a scrapyard.

Player A decides to investigate on the scrapyard in his post.

Now, instead of having the PLAYER decide on what's inside the scrapyard, the GAME MASTER decides this. So it continues as follows:

GM: The scrapyard contains a big ass bomb.

Player A decides to get the fuck outta there.

In these cases, what is within the scrapyard is up to me and I'll get as playful with it as I can. HOWEVER, when it comes to conflict, whether it be between player-player or player-NPC, I decide how it ends with a dice roll.

For example, if a player encounters a wild animal and decides to hit the animal, I will roll the dice and the outcome will determine how successful the attack was. It will be a simple die ranging from 1 to 6, 1 being the lowest and 6 the highest.

So, if the dice ended on 1, the player's attack will miss.
If it ends on 3, the attack will land but it won't do much.
If it ends on 6, the player will whack the animal across the face and do some badass damage.

#7: Keep to the setting and what I give you, please. It's highly unrealistic for you to find a field of poppies growing in a nuclear wasteland. Though, of course, I give you some playground within what I give you - don't think you can't dictate anything without my approval.
#8: The survival aspect of this RP means that you will have to care for you and your group. At any given point if the story, if I see you've neglected yourself or the group for a long time, I will tell you something along the lines of 'you find yourself growing ill' or 'the group is hungry'.
Think of it is an overdramatic Sims scenario, if you will.
#9: I may add more rules if I want toooo

Name:
Nationality:
Group: (A, B, or C)

Skill: (Scavenger, Mechanic, or Cook - this is optional)
Personality:
Appearance:
Bio: (only recent or important events)
Weapons: (if any)
Other:

Craze
08-18-2017, 12:06 AM
"Australia. That's where I wanna go. It's where I was born, and it's where I'll die."

http://highlighthollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/hugh-jackman-logan.jpg

Name: Joe Wyland
Nationality: Australian
Group: A

Skill: Mechanic
Personality: Overall very to-the-point and rather brutal. He's very short-tempered and rather unapproachable, almost constantly scowling. When he does talk, it's usually banter and he can be quite funny. Some know him as gentle and kind, though he is very keen on surviving and less keen on maintaining friendships.
Appearance: see image
Bio: It's a miracle he survived the fallout of the nuke in 1983, but he did - he lived in Australia, after all. At the age of 20, Joe Wyland watched as the world turned to dust. Though getting off relatively okay in Australia, he went with his uncle for a 'touristic adventure' to Europe.
He and his uncle, however, got stranded somewhere in the wasteland and were captured by Growlers, not yet having a name at the time. The Growlers brutally tortured his uncle to the point of death and they released the young Joe back into the wasteland, chasing after him in their cars with whips and guns. Joe did not get away unscathed, but he got away.

Now, he lives life as the Mechanic in his group and does what he can to make sure they survive - no matter what the cost.
Weapons: Crowbar, sawed-off shotgun, modified sniper rifle, machete
Other: -

Chat Noir
08-18-2017, 01:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jIrwgg3.png

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85745). This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59571).

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79546).

Next, you can post in this thread (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79783) and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40645). This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

http://i.imgur.com/3jp44Mo.png

AngelFire
08-19-2017, 04:51 AM
Oh...this sounds cool -pokes Fable in face- wanna join? I wanna join -pokes get faster and harder-you should join. Anyways... -clears throat, directing attention to Craze- I''m super interested, how many players are you looking for?

Craze
08-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Oh...this sounds cool -pokes Fable in face- wanna join? I wanna join -pokes get faster and harder-you should join. Anyways... -clears throat, directing attention to Craze- I''m super interested, how many players are you looking for?

It's all in the rules, darling. A minimum of 9 characters.

Dnafein
08-20-2017, 05:54 AM
If there's a duo looking for a third to make up a group shoot me a message. We can build or characters together.

bluemoon
08-20-2017, 07:59 PM
I would like to reserve the spot of cook in Group A if possible. It may take me a few days to get my character sheet up due to limited internet access (which I hope to resolve very soon).

Craze
08-20-2017, 08:18 PM
Reserved.

Chat Noir
08-26-2017, 04:54 AM
This roleplay has been featured as

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2v9azv8.jpg (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88764)

Congratulations!! Good luck with your RP!

Craze
08-26-2017, 08:51 AM
That's amazing! Hopefully it'll give us a bit of a boost..

bluemoon
08-27-2017, 01:25 PM
I finally have internet in my home! YAY!!! I will get working on my CS tonight. Hopefully more people will join.

bluemoon
08-28-2017, 12:53 AM
Name: Gwyneth (Wyn) DuPre
Nationality: French
Group: A
Skill: Cook

Personality: Wyn is quite whimsical, but she also tends towards fierceness when the need arises. She can be trustworthy, but don't count on it, as she has a tendency to take things that catch her fancy. Her moods swing and her temper is quick to ignite. Her loyalty is to her group only and she cares for them like family.

Appearance: Wyn stands a little shy of 5'6" and has a feminine, yet muscular build. She typically wears colorful clothing and anything with a hood is preferred.

http://sootelmasry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/auburn-haircolor-beautiful-hair-color-ideas-134840.jpg

Bio: Wyn was raised by her father until his death at the hands of a thief when she was twelve. He was a doctor and after the war he grew herbs indoors and performed minor surgery when the need arised. Wyn learned his trade as well as a young girl might, observing him at work in their home. After his death, she took to the streets for a means of survival. She landed in the hands of a man that "employed" children as thieves. Taught to believe that life was precious by her father, Wyn soon learned that life was also easily taken and people easily deceived.

Wyn spent seven years working the streets. She lived in poverty and barely got enough to eat, but there was always a roof over her head. When she was eighteen, she left Paris and set out on her own. Most of her skills were learned on the road, and most of her possessions were "borrowed" from others.

Weapons: Short sword and a myriad of knives.

Mystress of Shadows
08-29-2017, 01:27 AM
This has definitely peeked my interest. I'll see how I settle into college this first week then see if I'll be able to join.