PDA

View Full Version : WH40K The Orotian Affair {R}[IC]

Atrum Daemon
11-16-2010, 11:11 PM
“Thank you all for coming, gentlemen,” said the seated Inquisitor to the small group standing before him. “A matter has come to my attention that needs seeing to. Since I cannot do this myself, I am delegating the task to you. The task is to travel to the desert world Orotia on the edge of the Girza system. Sporadic reports and rumblings suggest that a cell of militant rebels with access to high-end gear is operating there. They can’t be allowed to get too out of hand. Not with the crusade in Girza.”

“Any specific instructions?” Kanewulf, the Inquisitor’s new Interrogator, asked.

“Do this discretely. If word spreads about Inquisition agents planetside, you can be sure the rebels will just melt into the sand. The one problem is that they’ve stolen several equipment shipments meant to go the Crusade Fleet. If the Warmaster decides to investigate himself, you’ll have a whole other mess on your hands. Discretion and speed. Good hunting, gentlemen.”

---

“Any ideas?” Kanewulf asked the gathered crew in one of the rooms of Inquisitor Dalk’s estate.

“The simpler the better,” said Mikhail, a former sniper in the Valhallan Ice Warriors. “Various mercenary and paramilitary types. Criminals on the run. A noble and his private security. That kind of thing. Well, except for Voltaire.”

“An excuse for me will be easy enough to come by,” the tech-priest said.

“All right, then,” Kanewulf said, “Archarus, you’ll be posing as a freelance doctor of some sort. Places like Orotia do not have very many large cities. Voltaire will be claiming to be on some kind of Mechanicus business no doubt. That leaves the rest of us to just play the part of private contractors, bounty hunters, and the like.”

“Sounds effective,” Voltaire said with a short nod.

“Inquisitor Dalk has set us up to leave on a transport carrier tomorrow.”

With those last words, Kanewulf swept out of the room and was quickly followed by Voltaire.

---

OROTIA - A LONELY CHAPEL IN THE DESERT

“You’re later than we expected, Thermidor.”

“Well, I had to take a more roundabout route to avoid the Imperial Navy. You and your boys don’t seem to be hurting for supplies, anyway.”

“That’s true. But, stealing Imperial shipments is more trouble than it’s worth. That’s why we need someone like you.”

“You’ll get your first drop in a few days. I’ll contact you then with the location.”