PDA

View Full Version : Private Lessons in Defense Against the Dark Arts.

HaelKatrin
09-04-2017, 03:40 AM
Saturday, September 4th, 2117
The Transfiguration Classroom, 2:00 PM.

Hogwarts. Once more, home.

The thought passed rather quickly from the young woman's mind.

The Welcome Feast, as always, had been most enjoyable the night before. Once again seeing her collegues and friends, watching the bright new faces as they were each sorted into their own houses. She wasn't quite sure what to make of a few of the Gryffindors

Time Will tell.

It had been a week since school had begun. Still much to early to make a determination of each student. Though, a couple had caught her eye.

Fira Clemintines

The name caught her eye from an odd piece of parchment on her desk. The rest of the classroom quite clean and organized, her desk a different matter. It laid covered in books, trinkets, and parchment. A lone pot of ink sat precariously on the edge of the desk. An orange cat stared up at it, her tail twitching. "Oh, not now Lili." She said irritated, slightly moving the ink out of danger. The cat meowed, then turned and left the room.

Hael shook her head slightly with a laugh, then returned to the paper that caught her eye. It seemed this young Gryffindor had missed some school.

She smiles to herself as she pulls out a new parchment. Quickly writing a note, and sending it off.

The note would be given to Ms Clemintines, to inform her to report to Professor Shurley's classroom that Saturday at 2 P.M. for tutoring in DADA that she'd missed.

P.K.
09-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Fira peered down at the note with a frown before looking up at the door with the same frown. "Tutoring?" She grumbled. She supposed she'd seen it coming, she had missed half of the last year and so she was almost noticeably behind everyone else. She Tisked shoving the note in her pocket and reached for the handle. Her dog tags clinked around her next as she pushed the door open and stepped in, gently kicking the door shut behind her and looking around the room with a look that spoke volumes about how much she wanted to be here.

"Hello?" She called striding further in and setting her make shift book bag on one of the desks. She just wanted to get this over with and get out of here, all the other classes were enough to wear down her sanity with everything being so complicated in the magical world. Not to mention that her wand never seemed to like casting decent spells for her. She just wasn't good with most magic...

HaelKatrin
09-16-2017, 09:01 AM
A lone white wolf sat in front of the professor's desk as the girl walked in. She leapt forward, transforming as she did. "Hello, Miss Clemintines. I am Professor Shurley. And I will be helping you "catch up" as it were, to your fellow second years. Tell me, what first year spells do you know?" She asked curiously. She sits on the edge of her desk carefully. Watching the young girl.

P.K.
09-17-2017, 01:16 AM
Fira's eyes caught hold of the wolf and her eyes winded for a moment as she instinctively stepped back one arm half way raised not even thinking about her want. Her chest had tightened for a moment but as she watched the teacher transform she felt it lossen allowing her to breath for a moment, but she tried not to let out a sigh of relief and relax with out letting on that the while scenario had kind of... spooked her. Ignoring the still frantic beating of her heart Fira shrugged as the women spoke.

Professor Shurley? Had she been a teacher last year? She hadn't payed overly much attention to names last year she'd been to busy having one fight after another, the only name she really remembered was the nurses and head mistress Medina. When asked what first year spells she knew Fira frowned as she crossed her arms and lend back on one of the desks. Well she knew about the first spells, But casting them was a different story.... "I know the Lumos and Nox, The levitation Charm and Alohomora." She mumbled. "But I can't cast with this stupid wand She grumbled pulling out her wand and glaring at it.

HaelKatrin
09-17-2017, 01:30 AM
Hael chuckled as the girl stared at her own wand. This one will be a challenge. . . she thought to herself.

She takes out her own wand, looking at it. Inspecting it carefully. Turning it over in her hand.

"This, is a part of you. An extension, if you will. As natural as your own arm. Your own hand. It chose you. Why do you believe it does not work now?" She asked curiously, finally looking up at the student in front of her.

P.K.
09-17-2017, 01:41 AM
"How should I know?" Fira responded. "Everyone keeps saying that 'it chose you' I have a hard time believing this stick Chose me." She grumbled. She always got the feeling that this thing... was indeed intelligent in some way. It was magical after all but it just didn't like her... or something... "Maybe It knows I'm just not good with spells so doesn't even bother to put out the effort to help me." She said simply and shrugged.

HaelKatrin
09-17-2017, 01:49 AM
Hael watches her, listening to her words. "Let me see this wand of yours." She said, holding out her hand.

She accepts the wand from Fira, looking it over much the same way she had her own. "Blackwood. It is quite difficult to win a blackwood's loyalty." She missed aloud. Still, with this wand, the girl would go on to do great things. This she knew. She hands it back to Fira. "I do believe it is as stubborn as it's owner." She said with another chuckle.

P.K.
09-17-2017, 01:55 AM
Fira Handed the wand over and watched the women look it over for a moment. Listening to what she had to say. "Pft... So it chose me but I have to win its loyalty? Why not the other way around?" she grumbled She took back the wand and rolled her eyes when the professor said it was just as stubborn as she was. "Great." She said looking at the wand. "So what do I do about it then?"

HaelKatrin
09-17-2017, 02:05 AM
Hael grins at the question. After all, she always did love a challenge. And this one would definitely be such a challenge. "That, my young student, is yet to be seen. Traditionally, a great danger or challenge must be faced. By witch and wand together. Survive, win, and you become a stronger pair. Bonded and tested through fire. I am sure you can imagine what a failure would result in."

The professor often forgot how easily a young student could be frightened. And when she did remember, she often had no sympathy. Well, none that she showed. After all, to be Gryffindor, meant to be brave. She expected no less from her own students.

"For now, however, it will do as you command. So long as you have the strength of will. Any witch can bend a wand to their will. With time. With practice. And most of all, with determination. So, tell me, Miss Clementines, do you have these qualities? Or shall we send for a new wand? Are you the master of this wand, or is it the master of you?" She stared straight into Fira's eyes as she spoke. As if the professor could look into her very soul.

P.K.
09-18-2017, 03:21 PM
Fira frowned as the professor talked about a great danger. She looked down at the wand thinking about last year... that night in the woods... That had been a great danger... but guess she'd failed. "Tch..." She looked back up her eyes narrowing. Her grip tightened on the piece of magical wood as the questions were asked. It was a good way to put it she supposed, and a good way to get at her to... But the answer was she just didn't know.

Her eyes moved away from the women's and down to the stick in her hand, unwrapping it from her palm for a moment. If she'd already failed the first time what was the point? But her father would say a failure was just a way to do something better the next time around. Soldiers didn't just give up, they learned and adapted to the situation to find a way to win. "Sure..." fira said finely. "I've got it."

HaelKatrin
09-19-2017, 06:38 AM
Hael remained quiet, allowing the girl to consider her words. She could practically see the thoughts racing in her mind. She nods as the girl finally speaks. "Try that again. Let me hear you. Are you going to 'try' or are you going to succeed?"

P.K.
09-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Fira's eyes narrowed. "I'll get this." She said with a Low determined growl. She'd promised as much when she'd come this year, if professor Hael was going to lend a hand then Fira might as well take it however reluctant she might be to be here. "What's first?" Fira asked shifting her wand in her hands.

HaelKatrin
09-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Hael once more smiles as the student decides that she would succeed. "Good. Hold on to that confidence. The wands choose us, my dear. Yours chose you for a reason. But, that does not mean it is master of you."

She thinks over the question of what to do first. It was an interesting dilemma. "I think you like a bit of a challenge. Let us try to levitate first."

To demonstrate this, she turns to face a stack of rather heavy books on her desk. A swish, and a flick. "Wingardium leviosa." She says quite calmly. Musing to herself at how odd it always was to do magic aloud. She much preferred silent. Ah well. One must teach by example. the books rose slowly into the air. She brought them to sit nearly in front of Ms Clementines.

"Now then, you and your wand are both stubborn. Return those to my desk, if you please." She said with a glint in her eye.

P.K.
09-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Fira watched the books float over and settle down on front of her. She knew where this was going even before the professor spoke out loud. Great. She thought looking at the stack of books. Even though she'd said she'd had it, and she was still determined to try she could already feel her frustration growing just by thinking about it.

She rolled her eyes before she pushed away from the desk and flicked her wand at the stack. "Wingardium leviosa!" She said firmly. Nothing even stirred. She kept from grinding her teeth and instead took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, pushing back the urge to throw down the magical piece of wood. She tried once more. "Wingardium leviosa." One of the books shifted in its place and the stack trembled.

HaelKatrin
09-20-2017, 12:52 AM
"Well. . . It's a start." Hael said aloud. Trying very hard to hide her own frustration. Fira wasn't the first student to have trouble with magic. Nor would she be the last. Each student came with their own set of issues, and trouble. It was a matter of showing them they could do this. And helping them find that confidence.

She once more takes Fira's wand. "Any witch can make a wand bend to their own will." She said again. Then, with a swish and a flick, without saying a word, the books rose off the desk they were on, and moved to a desk next to her. Even farther away from the professor's desk now.

Instead of handing Fira's wand back to her, she hands her her own. "Try again." Perhaps it was the wand. Or, perhaps it was simply the girl had a few problems that needed to be discovered first.

P.K.
09-20-2017, 01:10 AM
Fira couldn't help feeling even more frustrated when the Professor spoke. It wasn't mocking but it still frustrated her. She looked at the women as she plucked her wand from her hand and moved the books with out saying a word. Damn. Fira thought quietly. What had it taken for this women to get that good that she didn't even have to say it out loud...

She looked back as she was offered the professors wand. Fira was taken back a little bit but hesitantly took the want. It felt different in her hands. She knew it was possible to use other peoples wands, wasn't there a wand that only answered to the person who could beat its previous master? She looked at the wand for a long moment before looking to the stack of books again.

She flicked the wand at the stack. "Wingardium leviosa!" The books clattered over the side of the desk, spilling all over the floor. "Tisk..." That was more movement then last time, but nothing like levitating something.

HaelKatrin
09-20-2017, 01:20 AM
Hael watched with almost horror as the books clattered to the floor. A car came screeching out from under the desk, tail fluffed completely out and straight in the air. Hissing at Fira as she hid behind Hael. Hael shook her head in amusement. She then uses Fira's wand, which she still held, to once more wordlessly pick the books up. This time, she placed them on a desk a row behind them. She then set the student's wand down in front of the girl. "It's the Elder Wand." She commented casually. It was an obvious thing for a student to be curious about. It didn't take legilimens to know that's what she'd been thinking. "One must won it in a duel. For your more common wands, it will do as you say even if you've not won it. Now, try again."

P.K.
09-20-2017, 01:32 AM
Fira grimaced at the cat as it hissed at her. It wasn't unusual, so far the only animal that seemed to like her was Katrin's Dog... Which was strange in s many ways. She looked back to the books as they were picked up and placed on another desk once again before looking back at the click of her wand being set aside.

"The elder wand?" Fira asked. How did she know? She hadn't said anything out loud. "Can you read minds?" she asked before looking back to the stack of books. This wasn't going well so far, same old out comes. She sighed before pulling the wand up once more. "Wingardium leviosa." She hissed, Again one of the books shifted off the stack, it slipped off but hoovered for a moment making Fira's eyes sharpen as she tried to will it to stay there. But it finely dropped hitting the corner of the desk and falling to the floor.

HaelKatrin
09-20-2017, 01:56 AM
The cat looks between Hael and Fira. She flicks her tail a few times until the fur returns to it's unfluffed state. Then, walks up to Fira, purring rather loudly and rubbing against her leg.

"You are using a wand belonging to myself. It is a common legend that entices young minds. The wand that can only be used by killing it's previous master. What else would you be thinking of?" She doesn't deny or affirm whether or not she could actually read minds. Leaving that up to the girl's imagination.

The cat jumps back a few steps, hissing at the book that had fallen once more. Hael ignored the cat. She picks up the wand once more, lifting the fallen book, and placing it on a desk next to the others. Now, Fira would have to return the book to it's stack, before moving them all back to the desk. "Good. That time was better. Try again."

P.K.
09-20-2017, 02:23 AM
Fira gave the cat an uncomfortable glance but tried to focus on the books. Ugh, things were just getting messier here. She was trying to hard not to grind her teeth as She raised the wand again, focusing on just the one book. Why did magic never seem to work for her? Her mother was a witch, she was half witch shouldn't she at least be able to use a simple spell?! or was she just not good enough? not powerful enough? not meant to be here. She didn't know any of these answers.

She hesitated for a long moment, her brows knitted together in furious concentration. What the hell was she even doing here and why would a wand chose her? She couldn't even manage a simple spell. Most first year students could get this one the second or third try, but she'd lost count. "Wingardium leviosa!" She snapped, The book flew off the desk and slammed into the Professors desk before skidding across the floor.

"Damn." Fira growled. Glowering down at the book. "I don't think it matters what wand I use." she said finely losing her white knuckled grip on the wood and offered the wand back. She obviously lacked something, and maybe it was just magic by itself....

HaelKatrin
09-20-2017, 03:02 AM
The cat ran in the opposite direction of the flying book. Then, after watching it a few moments, dashed after it. Tapping it with her paw, waiting for it to move. Then, looking impatiently up at Fira, as if expecting her to make it move again.

Hael gently took the wand from her, and set it next to the other wand on the table. She gestured to an empty pair of desks, motioning for the girl to sit down, then also sitting down. "Let's forget the magic for a moment. Tell me about yourself." She said kindly. Almost like one would expect a mother to.

P.K.
09-20-2017, 03:18 AM
Fira ignored the cat as Professor Hael took her wand back and set it down. When she motioned to Sit Fira frowned for a moment, certainly expecting a lecture or something. She set down crossing her arms and leaning back in the chair. What she wasn't expecting was to be asked to talk about herself. "What?" Fira said taken back, her confusion crossed her face. "Whats there to say?" She asked confused about why she was asking now. There wasn't much to say, she was pretty much a Delinquent or probably seen that way, She didn't have really any friends.. accept maybe katrin now. She still wasn't entirely sure about how that had happened or how she felt about it. But it was a thing... even if she was a snake.

"Uh..." Fira said looking around the room as she thought. "I guess, I'm loner. I've got a temper to match My name, I'm a mud blood and everyone knows I'm nothing but trouble waiting to happen." She said looking back at the women.

HaelKatrin
09-20-2017, 03:40 AM
Hael chuckles. "Relax. I'm not lecturing you. I simply wish to get to know who you are. Not who you think everyone says you are. But, who you are."

The cat, seeing both the teacher and student sitting, walks over to them. She purrs, rubbing against, and winding her way around, Katrin. Then, finally, with a determined Meow! she jumps on the girls lap and lays down. Purring happily.

Hael doesn't say a word as she watches this. Instead turning her attention back to Fira. "Mudblood?" She asks curiously. Obviously having a distaste for the term. "Tell me of your family."

P.K.
09-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Fira shrugged at what she said. Who was she? That was a good question. Monster. She shoved the thought back down to the depths of her mind from where it had floated up from. She jumped when the cat leaped onto her lap. "Okay, Sheesh.' She grumbled before slowly pet the animal with the stiffness of someone ready to with draw their hand when the animal changed their mind on a whim. This was a strange year, Ever since that incident animals had been wry of her even hostile, but this year she had not one but two animals a cat and a dog who were nither. She wasn't sure if she was uncomfortable with it or... how she felt about it.

"I a hot head with no social skills in this magical world." She said finely. Clear the professor didn't have a great liking to the name, Personally Fira didn't care when someone slung it at her, or at least that's how she thought she felt. She shrugged. "My mums a witch." She said simply. "My dads a muggle." She said touching her Dog tags under her shirt. So much for luck. "He's in the military, So he taught me a lot about defending myself and how to beat the other guy and how to think on my feet. mum taught me a bit about magic and home making." She shrugged.

HaelKatrin
09-20-2017, 05:01 PM
Now we're getting somewhere. She thought to herself. This particular student was going to prove difficult.

"I was much the same, when I was your age." She said with a fond chuckle. "It can be used to your strength. Despite what most would tell you."

She listens as the girl talks of her family. Having noticed the strange muggle necklace she had worn. Hael had been raised in the muggle world as well. Knew the significance of the object. "Magic can be much the same. Your father taught you to look after yourself. To defend yourself. That is what this class is. Your father gave you the tools you needed in his world. Let me give you the tools you need in this world." She said with a smile. "We will continue what your father started. Then, you'll be able to write home to him. Tell him all the new things you've learned for defense."

Meanwhile, the cat had completely fallen asleep on her lap.

P.K.
09-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Fira found that hard to believe, but didn't say so out loud. "I don't see how." She said simply. "Magic and muscle seem to be two very different things here and I'm good at one and not good at the other." She looked to the side. Write home to dad huh? He and mum would probably be more then happy to hear about it, if she could accomplish it. "Like what?" she asked. "We saw how well the wands went down."

HaelKatrin
09-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Hael chuckles at her skepticism. "I think, if we keep practicing, we'll find something. Muscle and magic. They aren't that different. It's simply a different type of muscle you have to train. I'm sure you remember how difficult things were when you first began learning the muscle half. Perhaps simple charms aren't your forte. Perhaps we will try something different."

With this vague comment, she stands up moving to the front of the classroom. A small bit of wandless magic, and a nice space cleared, the desks pushing towards the edge. Through all the noise and movement, the cat continued to sleep.

Once the space cleared, a nice size mat unrolled itself. Creating a clear gym like space for them.

"I assume you've been trained in martial arts? Let us begin with that."

P.K.
09-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Fira listened nodding a little. She supposed that made a little sense. After all they said the mind was a muscle to and you straightened it by learning right? "Try something different?" She asked watching Hael stand and move to the front of the room. with out even using a wand she moved the desks out of the way. Fira watched with a bit of wounder before looking to the women taken back by her question. "Well ya, a bit." She said confused. "Wait, you want to... Brawl?" She asked looking over the mat.

She glanced down at the sleeping cat for a moment before she tentatively picked it up trying not to take it as she placed it on one of the desks so she could stand. Once she did she stepped on the mat still clearly confused as to what they were doing now.

HaelKatrin
09-20-2017, 06:21 PM
The cat opens one eye and looks up at her, yawning with an indignant Meow! Hael chuckled at this. "I rather think she's fond of you. That is rare." The cat was well known for not liking anyone but Hael. "Interesting."

She chuckles again at Fira's confusion. "Yes. Yes we are. Let's see what you've been taught. Put away the magic, and the fear of failing. Let's focus on something you know. Let's spar.

She moved to a corner of the mat, her feet spread a bit apart, knees bent. Her hands up, ready to defend herself. She bows to Fira, then waits for the girl to make the first move.

P.K.
09-20-2017, 10:10 PM
"I'll say..." Fira agreed giving the cat a glance. Why did the cat like her of all people? She pushed that aside taking back in the strangeness she'd never thought she'd see in this school. One of the professors of all people was standing across from her ready to take her on in hand to hand combat. Fira was not sure weather she should be scared of getting beat or beating up a teacher.

She gave a stiff bow, still very confused by all of this. What was the point of this? If magic was a muscle how was brawling now going to help with magic? Fira took her ready stance slowly, Which was one foot forward and both fists up. There was a little distance between her and the teacher she'd have to close, and by the teachers stance she was on the defense waiting for her to make the first move.

Fira moved forward To close the distance with as few steps as she could before she swung, testing the teachers reflex and sturdiness.

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 12:05 AM
The teacher seemed to change only slightly. Focused. Determined. Watching every move the girl made. But, unnervingly relaxed as well.

She doesn't move as Fira starts moving closer to her. Only at the last second does she duck out of the way of the strike. She twists her way to the side of Fira, making her own attempt to strike the student.

"Relax. You will not get in trouble. This is something familiar to you. Let it take over your thoughts."

P.K.
09-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Fira was surprised at how quick Professor Hael was. Fira only just managed to pull her block together by pulling up her knee and crossing her elbow over it but the force caused her to take a few steps to the side afterwards, staggered she made space between them so she could collect her balance again.

"Professor..." She started. "Since when dose a witch need to know martial arts?" she asked circling. "Don't get me wrong its cool and all... But you can use magic to defend yourself... Why learn Physical arts?"

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 12:56 AM
Hael took a step back herself when Fira blocked her. Rather impressed with the girl's skill. She chuckles at the question. It was one she'd been asked more times than she could count.

"Of course, I do have magic. But, what if it were a muggle attacking me? Or, Merlin forbid, I lose or damage my wand? I would rather be prepared for anything, than to put my complete faith in one thing. Besides, it is a good workout. And great for stress." She finished with a laugh. "Now then, how are you feeling? Care for more, or shall we try the wand again?"

She keeps her open hands up, circling the girl.

P.K.
09-21-2017, 01:28 AM
Fira listened. Ya... she supposed that made since but it was hard to imagine that She'd be in any situation where she'd get into a fight with a muggle. "Maybe that's what I need a good old fashioned punching bag." She muttered. Stress relief, ya she just needed something Physical to do instead of sitting all day listening to someone else pace around the room.

Fira glanced at the wands. Thinking for a moment. She'd rather just continue with this, so much more engaging and dependable. Not to mention she found an unexpected similarity between her and a teacher. "I could go for this a little longer." She said finely pulling up her fists again as she watched the teacher circle her.

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 01:41 AM
Hael chuckles. "I do not have a punching bag, unfortunately. But, any time you need, you're welcome to come in for a spar."

Even with Fira being a student, it was nice to find someone to share her love of physical combat. The other professors found it strange and archaic. Though some were fascinated as well. "Stranger things have happened than needing to fight muggles." She tells the girl.

She stops circling, and aims a kick at the girl, twirling away as she pulls back.

P.K.
09-21-2017, 02:00 AM
That was it, she could read minds. Fira thought as she braced herself and blocked the kick with both her arms. "I'll keep that in mind." She grunted before she stepped after Heal making a feint to her right before going for her left in an attempt to catch the older women off guard.

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 02:24 AM
Hael smirks slightly as the girl figures it out. Though doesn't say anything. Instead, commenting on the comments she made. "My life has been a series of strange things. Strange, even for a witch."

She took a step back once she reclaimed her leg. Then, blocking the girl's hit. She circles, throwing a hit of her own, the side of her open hand aimed for Fira's neck.

P.K.
09-21-2017, 02:36 AM
Strange even for a witch? That seemed hard to believe... but then again... Fira couldn't bring up her arms in enough time to block the on coming attack, she only had enough forethought to throw herself back just barely missing being slammed in the neck. But the last ditch effort caused her to stumble back and lose her balance collapsing onto her back. "Bleh." She said after a moment pushing herself to stand before rubbing the back of her head before looking at Heal. She couldn't help feeling better after that, however short it was.

She started to pick herself back up and brushed herself down. Not seeming to be very effected by the little tumble. "What could be stranger?" She asked genuinely interested.

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 03:15 AM
"Things that killed my daughter." She said softly. She watches as Fira goes flying, quickly getting up. She takes a step or two back, regaining her own stance as Fira settled as well.

P.K.
09-21-2017, 03:35 AM
Fira paused hearing those soft words. That awkward feeling of guilt and curiosity swept through her. "O-oh..." She turned her head to the side for a moment as she rubbed the back of her head not wanting to look at Heal for a moment. Her intention hadn't been to bring up such... such a memory. She couldn't imagen what it was like to lose someone.. that close to you. she wasn't sure what to say, Sorry wouldn't help anything and she didn't know enough of anything to offer any sort of condolences to begin with. Fira wasn't sure how to.. brake the awkward silence that fell as she looked to the side.

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 05:31 AM
Hael shakes her head slightly, as if to shake the thoughts and memories. She begins circling the girl, once more on the defense. "Still," she began to speak. Taking a step towards Fira, and striking out with her left hand. Then, taking a step back and circling again. "I will find the man who did it." Here, she strikes with her right. "And he will regret it." She finishes with a kick.

P.K.
09-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Fira's head turns to the women as she starts to circle once more. Fira pulled up one arm to redirect her strike, taking a step back and following her with her eyes before blocking the next strike and jumping back to avid the kick, arch her body before striking out to try and catch the teachers ankle and grip her leg to her chest and pull her down. Was that why she trained in different ways of... combat? Seeing what she did here she had no doubt that whoever had caused her to suffer would pay, and pay dearly. Fira was certain she'd promise the same thing but if it was magical she didn't have the talent to back it up...

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 04:14 PM
This time, it was Hael who hit the mat with an unceremonious thud. With an Ugh! knocking the wind from her.

She chuckles as she stands up, nearly dusting off her robes. "Not bad, Ms Clemintines."

P.K.
09-21-2017, 04:42 PM
Fira quickly let the women go as she hit the floor allowing her to get back up. As Heal stood and dusted herself off Fira managed a smile at the praise. The awkwardness had passed somewhat. Their spar hadn't been intense but Fira was feeling better from just moving around and doing something. Now if she just could figure out how to make it work the same way with Magic.

How could she work her magical muscles? Fira stretched one arm over her shoulder as she watched the teacher. She realized she was still smiling. It been a while since she'd felt like doing that, let along doing it with out realizing it. Perhaps this year would shape up to be a good year after all there was only to wait and see. She glanced back at the wands thinking over what had been said earlier. But she didn't know how that piece of wood could be an exstention of herself.

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 04:49 PM
Hael makes her way back to the wands. She picks up her own, turning it in her hand. "Tell me, Ms Clemintines. When you throw a punch. Do you think about it? Do you think about the way your hand is held? Or which exactly muscles to use? Do you think about how much force to put into it? Or, do you simply. . ." She stops talking for a moment, and flicks her wand. The books practically explode, flying across the room. They finally land on the mat, in disarray. ". . .Do it?" She finishes curiously.

P.K.
09-21-2017, 04:58 PM
"I Uh..." Fira said looking at the mess of books on the mat. "I donno... I guess. do it." She said woundering what the teacher was getting at.

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Hael once more flicks her wand. The books rise gracefully into the air, fix themselves, and then stack neatly on one of the desk.

She then walks over to Fira, turns the girl so she's facing the books, and places the wand she'd just used into the girl's hand. "Close your eyes, and just do." She replied softly.

P.K.
09-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Fira was once again a little taken back when she turned her around and handed her the wand then told her to close her eyes. Cast a spell with her eyes closed? "Uh...." She wasn't sure how this was going to help. She closed her eyes uncertainly pointing the wand in the direction she was facing. How did one just do a spell? She hesitated thinking about what Heal had asked. When she threw a punch she knew what it was supposed to do and she just let it do it... was that what she meant? she wondered with a concentrated frown. If that was the case the Levitation spell was only supposed to levitate things right?

Uncertain if her line of thinking was on the right path she flicked the wand. "Wingardium leviosa." She sounded a lot less certain but the stack of books shifted a bit to the side closer to the edge of the desk.

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 05:16 PM
"Good. Now, this time, like you mean it." Hael said. She knew it wouldn't be a quick thing, for this student to learn how to use magic. But, with time and patience, perhaps she would. She certainly was stubborn enough.

P.K.
09-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Fira Kept her eyes squeezed shut before swallowing and flicking the wand once again in the direction she was sure the books where in. It would float she just had to let it do that... right? "Wingardium leviosa!"

The books didn't move and inch but the chair next to the desk tipped and began to float a few inches off the ground. Not hearing anything fall to the floor Fira opened one eye to see the chair floating on its side. She took in a sharp breath trying to hold it. She didn't think she could move it or it just drop to the floor, but there it hung, suspended in place.

HaelKatrin
09-21-2017, 10:29 PM
There was a loud indignant meow! as the sleeping cat slipped off the now floating chair. Hael chuckles to herself as the now fluffy cat swishes it's tail irritably. "Good. Good job. Now, see if you can move it to the other side."

P.K.
09-21-2017, 11:27 PM
Fira wanted to protest that, that wasn't gonna happen. But she bit her tongue and tried to move it It floated a little ways before she lost it and clattered to the ground. She huffed staring at the chair for a moment. She wasn't sure if she considered that better then what she'd done before or not.

HaelKatrin
09-22-2017, 03:15 AM
"Very good. Much better." Hael says with a proud smile. "Now, try your own wand." It would take a while, but at least now she was able to make something happen.

P.K.
09-22-2017, 04:13 PM
Fira glanced over to the professor before looking to her wand. After a moment she made her way over to her wand, setting the professors on the desk and picking up her own. She looked down at it for a moment before facing the stack of books. She took in a deep breath before closing her eyes and trying to focus and relax. "Wingardium leviosa!" The book pile shifted bot only the top three books lifted off the pile a few inches into the air and held there.

Opening her eyes slowly Fira stared at the books breathing quietly as she tried to keep her focus, willign the wand to work with her. The books floated off the pile before dropping to the door. "ugh..." Fira sighed heavily.

HaelKatrin
09-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Hael gently places a hand on the girl's shoulder. Knowing her frustration. "It's progress. Don't think otherwise. Now, try again."

P.K.
09-23-2017, 01:09 AM
"Right." Fira sighed before pointing her wand again at the books on the floor. She just had to keep trying. She took a deep breath before focusing on the books.

~ small time skip ~

Fira sighed heavily as she collapsed back into one of the chairs for a moment. Unlike a Physical work out which left her trembling in Exhaustion, sweaty and feeling somewhat satisfied she just felt mentally and emotionally drained with little to no satisfaction to the out come. All she could get it to do was float about the surface of whatever it was standing on. She was to tired to be vocally frustrated about it though.

"I think we should call it quits for today." She grumbled. "Or I'm going to snap this bloody thing in half if I try any harder." She said leaning her head back over the back of the chair before rocking forward slowly to get back to her feet, shoving her wand back in its place and walked over to the desk that had her make shift book bag and threw it over her shoulder. "Are we doing this again next Saturday?" she asked turning to professor hael. "Same time?" She expected that would be the case if this was a tutoring class and she wasn't anywhere near passing it.

HaelKatrin
09-23-2017, 01:31 AM
Hael watched her pupil slump back in the chair. She knew how exhausting this could be. A different kind of tired. One you could feel in your soul. She waved her wand at her desk, and a small square of chocolate floated toward them, setting down on the desk. She then turned back to Fira as she spoke. "Get some rest. Next Saturday, we will try something a little different. You've made good progress today. Remember that."

P.K.
09-23-2017, 02:01 AM
"Ya..." Fira sighed. "Sure thing Professor." She said before picking up the chocolate Square that had floated over, giving Professor heal and small salute and turning to leave the room. She gave one last wave over her shoulder before closing the door behind her with a click.

HaelKatrin
09-24-2017, 05:37 AM
Katrin smiles as the girl packs up her things. "In fact, five points to Gryffindor. For your perseverance and determination. Another Five for the progress you've made. Well done."

With this announcement, she watched the young Gryffindor leave her classroom. She turns and begins returning it to it's natural state for the next class.