PDA

View Full Version : [M]Blood for Gold

Dual
11-19-2010, 11:24 PM
To my beloved mother and sister,
If you are receiving this letter, I fear that my present condition may have taken a turn for the worse. I have given this letter to certain acquaintances of mine that have agreed only to send this message if I am missing or dead. As such, I would like you to know everything of my history since my departure from home that has transpired up to the point of the writing of this letter, and I can only hope that you can understand the reasoning behind the choices I have made. I also regret to inform you that your eldest son, and our brother, William, died long before the writing of this message. In the aftermath of his passing, I became overwhelmed with violent grief and was vehement in my quest for retribution for his demise, and so came to cross paths with more travelers who I have come to think of as my dearest friends. Our paths must have been divined by the Almighty, himself, for we were fortunate enough to survive dangerous encounters of the most incomprehensible sort through our companionship and God-given skills. The second letter in the envelope is a full disclosure of my story, and I believe that it is reliable enough to inform you of the situations leading to the day you receive this very letter.

You will also note that this message was delivered along with several large trunks, filled with exactly two-hundred and sixty-four pounds of gold and gemstones, which have been appraised to be worth no less than one hundred and seventy thousand dollars. This is my even share of the treasure that I and my friends came across, though it was not without payment- most specifically in the spilling of our group's lifeblood. Rest assured that no evils were perpetrated on our part to claim such a trove, and that I wish for you to have this to accomodate you for your lifetimes, since my father, brother, and I are thus unable to provide for you any longer. I pray that both of your lives are as happy as I have often dreamt in my years away from home, and that someday we will be together again in Heaven, God willing.

Your loving son and brother,
Benjamin

Alright, so if you've read the above, you know that this RP will be about a group of people who meet several years after the Civil War and embark on an epic journey to claim an legendary treasure somewhere in the American West. The Player Characters will consist of these adventurers, all with their own reasons for getting the treasure.

Rules:
1. No godmodding. This means no auto-hitting, auto-dodging, or assuming control of another player's character without said player's consent.
2. As an M-rated roleplay, there will be violence, language, and some implied sensuality, but cybering is strictly a big no-no. Don't do it.
3. There will be situations that arise that may lead to a character's death. If you'd like, feel free to create as many characters as you like, so that the full scope and the tragic parts of this RP may be better played out. After all, who mourns an NPC?
4. History is not required in the Character Sheet, but if you would like to do a similar letter or something to a correspondent of your character, that would be perfectly acceptable. Otherwise, character history will be discovered through RP.
5. Lastly, have fun with it. If you have any questions as to what else may be allowed, feel free to PM me or something and I'll be glad to help you out.

Name: First then last.
Appearance: Brief description or a picture will suffice.
Profession: Remember, this is very shortly after the Civil War, meaning that there are plenty of jobs to be had- in the North, that is. Much of the South's economy was destroyed, so unemployed Southern characters may be quite common.
Personality: Not much needed here. Just some explanation as to who your character is on the inside. That's all.
Skills: Everybody has some skills, whether they are intellectual or physical in nature.

Here is my character.
Name: Benjamin Thurston
Appearance: Benjamin is very tall and solidly built, and his height merely adds to his imposing air. He speaks with a defined gentleman's drawl, and he looks the part with ease. He has dark brown hair and eyes, a defined and gaunt face with a neatly trimmed goatee, and is usually seen wearing a dark blue duster and a suit underneath. He wears a pair of shaded lenses over his eyes, and his medium-length hair is kept styled back in the proper fashion.
Profession: Unemployed, former Union soldier
Personality: Calloused and ornery. That's the best two words for Benjamin. He has a fairly good grasp of the English language, as well as quite a bit of Spanish and Latin. He's also highly temperamental and takes very little nonsense before he starts shooting. He loves his family more than anything else in the whole world, and would die or kill for them at the drop of a hat. In order to secure a better life for his family, he is also desperate for money to make up for the debts incurred after the war and to replace the lost income with his father dead and their family farm burned to the ground.
Skills: Highly skilled gunman, well-read, ambidextrous.

Yoruyonaka
11-21-2010, 08:25 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

thesouleater
11-21-2010, 10:23 PM
This looks interesting. I'll have two characters up soon if thats alright.

Also, if I were to use a picture, is there a specific type you would prefer (eg. anime, real life, etc.)?

Dual
11-22-2010, 03:56 AM
That's perfectly fine. And I don't object to any medium of picture for a play-by. Any will do.

I_E a t_P i l l
11-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Name: Ami Herson
Appearance: Ami (http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa15/yukiniwa/138640.jpg)
Profession: Waitress
Personality: Ami is a shy and quiet girl. She doesn't show her feelings very much, because she is scared to be rejected by anyone. Her kindness takes it to the furthest point, she wants to help and take other peoples problems and make them her own. Ami tries to holds them but at times she breaks down and loses herself, she usually needs moral support or someone to pick her and set her straight.
Skills: She is very knowledgeable about the wilderness and trails. She normally can get from one place to another with no problems at all. She is a natural map-reader and guide.

Dual
11-27-2010, 02:37 AM
Accepted, Pill! Welcome!
Excellent work, by the way. A young character will make things interesting.