PDA

View Full Version : (November '17) Prompt #1 - "I didn’t mean it."

.Karma.
11-08-2017, 07:38 PM
November’s 1st prompt is "I didn’t mean it."

If you have any questions about how to participate in this event,
please visit the The rules and Guideline (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80942) thread or PM Karma (http://role-player.net/forum/member.php?u=47486).

Feeling like offering us a prompt?
Do you want to see your idea featured as one of the Month's prompts?
Click here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80942&p=2769937&viewfull=1#post2769937) to learn more!

ArtisticVicu
12-01-2017, 07:17 PM
“No! Please! I didn’t mean it!” she hollered, struggling against the grip around her wrist. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the others shrinking away and being left alone. Good. She could take this far better than they could. “Please! I’m sorry!” she screamed, putting on such an act that she had everyone fooled.

“Shut up,” the one dragging her along growled, shaking her. “You did this to yourself so you will pay for your mistakes.”

Her hands were shoved into the basin of scalding water and she let out the loudest pain filled scream she could struggling against the grips holding her hands under the water. Mentally detached from the act she was putting on, she noted that while the water was hot it wouldn’t actually leave a mark. In fact, the sensation of the hot water on her cold hands was fascinating and she used it to keep her sanity as she led them all by their nose believing she was breaking.

She was shoved back with the others and while she wanted to assure them all she was alright, she shied away from them, cowering as was expected.

It was hours later when one of the other captives came to her side, a familiar empty bowl in hand. They must have been fed while she dozed.

“We have food for you,” the one that had approached her whispered.

“Give it to the ones that need it most,” she ordered softly. “I’ll be fine till the next meal.”

The other nodded and walked away, taking the bowl with them. It was dangerous behaving as such with one that could betray her to those that held them but she trusted them, as foolish as that was. She trusted them to behave as needed and she would lead them out like the sheep they were.

It was just a matter of time, after all.

The next round of meals came and she made the act of shoveling food. It was rather easy seeing as they weren’t given utensils to use. She just pushed more off her hand than she actually took in her mouth.

It was working. Those that watched over them were watching her less and less while those she was trapped with watched her more and more.

The alarm came when they had all managed to get to sleep.

She was up and moving towards the bars, three others joining her. She pressed against the bars of the cell, gesturing for those that had joined her to be quiet, and waited.

A moment later, guards rushed passed.

“-breach of the northern wing. All personnel! Breach to the northern wing. Lock down commen-”

She turned, facing the three with her as the guards disappeared. “Gather everyone quickly. We’re leaving.”

Two of the three dashed off to round everyone up while the third passed her several small items. Turning, she popped the electronic lock’s cover and got to work. By the time the entire group was situated, the lock clicked open and the door swung freely on its hinges.

“Keep together and keep quiet,” she directed. “Those set to release the other rooms, do it now. Meet up at the designated place.”

A few branched off as she let another lead the masses through the halls at a run. She brought of the rear end to help those that couldn’t keep the pace not get left behind.

A rumbled rolled through the building as another group joined them. The now larger group spilled out into the receiving hall even as the group kept together. She ran around the edge, shouting orders. “Keep tight together! We’re not leaving a soul behind if we can help it!”

Another group joined them, adding to the mass of bodies clustered in the middle of the room. She kept running perimeter with a few others, keeping everyone in a relatively circular shape even as the third and fourth groups were added.

The building shook and a number screamed. She came to a stop, gaze snapping to the ceiling. Almost there.

She looked to one of the ones helping her. “Keep them clustered and as calm as possible. I’ll get our ride.”

“Be safe,” they responded, nodding.

She didn’t get very far.

The outside wall was blown in as she reached the door and the entire mass of bodies quickly moved towards the opposite side of the space pressing tight against the far wall. Several tripped and a few fell but none were left behind. Many stopped to grab and drag along. They had been in this together for too long for one of them to be left behind.

She turned, catching someone before setting them upright. She took a few steps forward as the dust cleared and the debris settled. Beyond the destroyed wall was a vessel that had them all on edge till the gangways were lowered, revealing that those on board were not those they needed to fear.

There, standing at the edge of the middle gangway was a figure that she was immensely grateful to see. He locked eyes with her in an instant and before the ramp had been completely extended, he was running across it towards her. She ran to meet him.

He leapt the gap. landing hard and rolling but never losing his momentum. They collided, armed wrapping around each other and shifting weights to keep themselves upright. She pressed her face into his shoulder as she cried out, not sure if it was his name she was calling or simply exclaiming her utter joy and relief to have him there. He buried a hand in her overgrown hair, the other gripping the measly fabric between her shoulder blades as he held her tight, any words he was saying going unheard till he pulled back enough to look at her, his hand dragging along her scalp to cup her cheek.

“Are you alright?” he asked, his voice calm and familiar. She nodded, watching, waiting. He relaxed, letting out a breath. He slipped his hand from her cheek to the side of her neck. “Good. I would have been here sooner but I ran into a few political issues.”

“Your timing worked well enough,” she assured him. She looked to those that were being herded into the craft. “What will happen to them?”

His gaze followed hers as his thumbed rubbed over her skin slowly, She suppressed the shudder at the sensation, appreciating the comfort he was giving her with the contact. “The Association has created a small town for them to all live in. If any want to return to their Masters or go elsewhere, we’ll help as best be can.”

She turned, resting her forehead on his shoulder. “Can we go home?” she asked weakly.

“As soon as I can pull us away.” He pinned her against him and she reveled in the sense of security as he pressed his face into her hair. “I am never letting you out of my sight again.”

She chuckled and he pulled back. Her smile fell away instantly, ready for an order. Instead, he stared at her and she grew confused.

“If I kissed you now, would you push me away?”

She blinked, staring at him. “I-You can’t. I’m your Collared. It would be improper.”

“You were never registered as such and the Association is willing to get you your honorable discharge as well as a badge of some sort for your part in this.”

She lost all her strength at that. His arms tight around her kept her upright. She couldn’t think, couldn’t seem to find a reaction. She knew he was calling her name, could hear it, but it wasn’t really registering as she realized that the heaviest thing she had carried for so long was the one thing she didn’t want to let go of now. She looked to him, her eyes pleading. “I don’t have anywhere to go. All I have is that status. I don’t-”

His lips covered hers, stilling her words. She was shaking as she lost her composure but he was there, he was solid, and he was clinging to her as if he didn’t want to let go. She prayed he never would as she clung to him in turn.

He broke the kiss, his breath hot on her face. “You don’t have to leave. You can stay. With me. At my side.”

She looked at him confused but she was able to stand again so she counted that as something.

“I want you to be my life partner.”

He was pulling away but he didn’t brush her hands away. Instead, he took hers in his, pulling off the red control ring of his own finger and putting it on hers. It wasn’t a wedding band but the symbology was so much more.

“If you will have me,” he continued, “I would love nothing more than to see this world burn with you at my side, whether as my life partner or simply my partner till we go our separate ways.”

She pulled her hand from his only to grab his face and kiss him. It was short as she pulled away enough to say, “If you will have me as your life partner, then I don’t intend to be anything else but such.”

He kissed her at that and she felt like she was drowning in both of their joy and did not want to be saved.