PDA

View Full Version : Amazon to make Lord of the Rings tv series

Crazywolf
11-13-2017, 10:07 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/nov/13/lord-of-the-rings-amazon-tv-show-confirmed

Splat
11-13-2017, 11:15 PM
...I'm not sure how I feel about this. I hope it doesn't turn out like Star Trek Discovery :P

Crazywolf
11-13-2017, 11:32 PM
Heh I never watched Star Trek Discovery. I don't really know what to think of it either. It could either be very good or very bad.

Splat
11-14-2017, 02:06 AM
Honestly I’m just surprised the Tolkien Estate is even letting them. Christopher is notoriously touchy about his dad’s work. At least when it comes to Peter Jackson’s movies lol. (He didn’t like them very much).

Edit: I realize now he’s like 90, I’m guessing he had little input in this decision lol. But still, I’m surprised they got the rights.

Crazywolf
11-14-2017, 03:39 AM
Yeh I think Christopher is probably out of the loop now.

Damonique
11-14-2017, 06:49 AM
The Tolkein Estate is now being held in trust, so yeah, Christopher is entirely out of the loop. I don't know the details as to how it's organized, but generally, trusts are more concerned with making money than any sort of artistic integrity, which would explain how the Three-Parter-For-No-Reason money-grubbing hobbit movies came into existence.

Amazon's got money enough to hire a good writer, though, so it might not suck. I'll wait until I see it before passing judgement.

Life
11-15-2017, 08:52 AM
I'm excited, I just hope the casting and writing is done well.

SikstaSlathalin
11-19-2017, 12:07 AM
If they screw with the cast or story I'm sure the world would unite against them and burn Amazon down. XD

Merry
11-20-2017, 01:53 AM
Absolutely - at the very least it will be an interesting thing to see... good or bad. :)

royedwards
03-15-2018, 01:43 AM
I think this (http://mega-joker-spielen.com/) is really bad idea because they can make plot too slow and boring. And because I think that they will show us the same things as in original movies about Lord Of The Rings

aalien01
03-15-2018, 01:46 AM
I think that this could be a really good idea, IF they don't add unnecessary romance and new characters to the story. I'd want to watch it only if it was a direct retelling of the books. It would have to be high quality production and good acting for me to get into it. I'm super picky when it comes to TV shows adapted from books.

Honey
03-16-2018, 05:22 PM
But the whole story. This time including the first third of book one. And everything else they left out. Also I agree, I hate it when they add new characters just for an added romance element. Don't add things if you already think the original content is to much to begin with.