PDA

View Full Version : [M] Grimm Tales- Ch1: From these emerald waters (SiksXKris)

Kris
04-03-2018, 11:13 PM
"Look I don't think we should do it!"

"Don't you dare getting cold feet on me!"

"I really think we shouldn't do it".

She turned around slowly, as she crossed her hands on her chest, "Then what do you want us to do, Karl?"

Karl was a young elven man with trimmed cut that reach behind his long ears. He skin was pale, and his eyes azure blue. He cough softly as he looked into her violet eyes. They were usually the eggplant shade-almost dark, but when she was in very dire emotional state, they will glitter and change to a shade of Pansy flowers. He could tell that she was furious.

"You don't know, do you?"

"No, Illvani, I don't..."

"Well, we can't go back now..."

"Yeah, we just wounded a templar badly"

"Gah, you are just impossible!- We can't go back because knight commander Meredith wants us dead- Do you even understand what the rite she invoked means", she said, grabbing his fancy clothes he saved only for special occasions. It was his keeper's robes, which marked him as a student of the dales. Although he was never going to be acknowledged as a First, he always hoped the elder of his clan, or maybe his keeper, will somehow track him and get him in back into the clan someday. And he in turn, will show his loyalty, by appearing dressed as he were when he was forced outside- but to do so he had to keep his robes well preserved. But now that they were on the run, it was the only thing he bothered taking with him, and since he feared losing it, he dressed himself in it.
This sad story of his, was kinda what draw Illvani to him- he was so pure and naive, and something about him just constantly made her recall of better, sweeter years. As impossible as he was with his dreams and fantasies, she always protected him like a little brother, and he treated her as family. Not human or elf, but a bounded family.

"But Gabriel is different- she cares-".

"She is a templar... she will obey rules... no Karl, we cannot trust anyone other than ourselves, and while the others run away or fight for dear life, we must destroy our Phylacteries- Because if we don't, they will be able to track us with it!"

"I... I understand", the elf said and Illvani let go of him, "Good- now start looking".

And so they moved all over the room and checked each and every vial in the room, opening drawers, climbing ladders... There were just so much of them...

"You will know it's yours, it will glow once you reach it".

"I think I've found it!", said Karl as he moved down, holding a lovely looking brooch with a small glass in the shape of a sand clock in it. It was red as it was made from his own blood.

"Pretty!", he said, admiring the thing.

"Stop ogling it. Shatter it already and help me find mine"

The young elf did so- and joined Illvani search- but before long the sounds of havoc reached their ears.

"I can't find it", Illvani said and her eyes brightened once again- Karl knew she was growing extremely worried.

"Could it be in another room?"

"No- unlikely- this is the only well guarded room -Could it really not be here!?"

"Very unlikely- Orsino likes you, true, but there is no way your Phylactery was moved to the silver spire- You are not first enchanter candidate! and not even a senior enchanter like Bethany", Karl said, "Look, it's gotta be here, and we just missed it", he stopped for a moment, "I can hear them- They are almost here- we gotta go- Let's just destroy all of them"

"They will know we are here if we do, but---", Illvani summoned her spells, "Quick cast something, I will invoke it"

Illvani had many talents, but offensive magic was not exactly her area of specialty. She had really rough time during her harrowing because of it. It was also another reason she relayed on Karl to cast some explosive which she would booster with her spells.

And soon the young elven man casted a fire ball which spread around. Illvani then increased the effect and made the vials to shatter, the blood which was touched by the fade's magic gathered around the stormy fire and seemed to making a strange sound.

"GO! THIS THING WILL EXPLODE!", Illvani shouted, pulling the hand of the elf and running for the door. They slide behind more templars that wanted to check within the basement, but before long a huge explosion happened, which pushed the both of them from the nearest window.

"GAHH!", Illvani gasped and coughed as she pulled her head over the waves, her long black hair trailing around her. Her back hurt from hitting the waters but she was happy to have her landing being uneventful.

She then realized Karl was missing.

"Karl?!", she called to him as she looked at one direction, "KARL?!", she called again, looking around her. She then dived in and started to swim downward. Noticing his body she swam faster, picking him and carrying the both of them upward.

Once up he also gasped for air.

"You can't swim? what kind of a hunter will you make?"

"Mythal's grace! Woman, I was admitted to a Keeper, mind you- and then I was to be relocated before I was moved to the circle- any chances of me learning something useful was lost then", he then started to laugh like crazy, "HAHAHAH, we did it! we did it, we actually-!"

It was then that an arrow stroke with full force at Karl's heart.

"Karl?!", Illvani's shook his body constantly, "KARL?!"

Blood started to spread on the water around her, and as she continued to shake his body she looked around and saw Gabriel Caron- a beautiful templar, which resembled Meredith so badly, one would assume them both mother and daughter. She was holding a bow and seemed fixed on hitting something more.

And since Karl was dead---

Illvani felt something hitting her shoulder. She moved her right hand to find that it was soaked with blood. her own blood. She could no longer hold onto Karl and she helplessly watched as his body sank to the depths.

Gabriel had a sad expression, which she could have easily decipher as 'forgive me', but that didn't stop her from loading another arrow into her bow.

Illvani gasped as another arrow pierced into her flesh, and she too, sank into the water.

Illvani gasped hard and almost choke as she woke up in a startled. Looking around her she realized that she lived, and that someone pulled her out of the water and bandaged her.

"Easy now, you're safe!", said a familiar looking dwarf. He was strangely good looking for one of his kind and dressed in style. Also he seemed honest, unlike those she met before, "You had some sea salt in you, but the wounds are not too lethal. Don't worry, I didn't patch them myself, I got a nice girl from the pharmacy to do it for me- made sure she wasn't from the chantry, I don't want things to be more complex".

Illvani lifted her hand to rub her shoulders, but she regretted doing so, as surge of pain paralyzed her whole body and she moaned and cried.

"Yeah, they drilled you good with holes, best not to move around"

"You--", she said, "I remember you, you took Bethany with the Captain of the Guards just before the attack".

"Yes, my name is Varric Tethras, rogue, story taller, and occasionally bullshitter, at your service", he said, before approaching with a tray of food, "Eat up kiddo- the medic told me to condemn you to soap for now-- she also own me 3 Sovereigns, she thought you won't be up before the next day"

Illvani then placed her hands on her mouth as she began to wail, "KARL!".

The dwarf looked unsure and as he tried to pet her but she aggressively pushed his hand away. He looked sorrowful but shook his head, "I understand kiddo. I will let you mourn. I saw the whole thing. Can't be easy to lose a friend like that... I best... get the medic to check on you?", he smiled gently, "Just let it all lose and lie down, you barely escaped death there, kid..."

He closed the door, and once he did, Illvani kicked her legs on the bed in anger. Of course she nearly escaped death. It seemed to be her only attribute of good luck. It is always other people around her that are getting hurt. Her mother, which needed to suffer because of her, and now Karl... it was all too much..."

She got up slowly, barely able to carry her own weight. She looked for her clothes, but found them hanged from a chair. They were soaked but luckily there was a closet and many outfits inside. Most of them were of a man, but it was not a dwarven seize. Apparently this was not the house of that dwarf Verric fellow- and luckily so, for she needed to get out of here and fast.

Even if this Varric was honest about helping her, something will go wrong eventually for sure, as it always does. She was a half-breed and a mage to top it all. There was no safe haven for her. And besides, she had to return to Ferelden- to her mother.

She dressed- and it proved to be a terrible task. She was hurt all over and her wounds were opening with every movement, making her bleed over the clothes she "borrowed". It seems that her shoulder was still somewhat numb too. Magic was not enough to fully heal herself either, for she was too weak. Once she was dressed, and looking decent, more or less, she stumbled outside.

There was a smell of smoke everywhere, and fighting was all around her. She covered her head with a cloak and made her way for the port. She knew ships were probably bound to leave during this time of ordeal, and she needed to get out of this accursed city, and fast. She was penny less, and wasn't sure anyone would agree to take her just like that.

"Get the cargo loaded in the hour!"

Someone said and she noticed pile of wooden large boxes. The idea on itself seemed repulsive, but she really didn't had time to consider any other option, beside, she knew she was about to pass out any given moment.

She opened one box and found it to be full of apples. She slide inside and covered herself completely, squeezing some wood away so she could breathe.

"Hey get this closed and up on the boat!".

The lid was on her, as well as darkness.

She took a deep breath and fell asleep.

SikstaSlathalin
04-04-2018, 01:29 AM
The docks of Kirkwall were in a state of pure chaos. A Mage/Templar war had just been declared and people were either running to ships to flee the fighting or were joining in and stealing what they could from the dead and wounded. Before a black painted ship a beautiful Qunari woman (https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79692&page=33&p=2973794&viewfull=1#post2973794) was standing besides a former Templar (https://i.imgur.com/MLtDcMP.jpg) and a roaring Qunari man (https://i.imgur.com/DQbmH9K.jpg) acting as a bulwark of power and steel as others in the crew bustled around the docks grabbing whatever goods they could more than a few times looting the dead as well.

A deadly looking human woman (https://i.imgur.com/6cOvGNa.jpg) had just finished stabbing a man in the chest before she shouted back at the three warriors. "Oi, Saorsa, Shep, Vandre! Do a better damned job of keeping these looters away ok?!"

She quickly grabbed the man's valuables and tossed them into a small crate of potions and poisons before she ran up the gangplank. She hurriedly dropped the crate besides a female Dwarf (https://i.imgur.com/MBy00Cf.jpg) who was quickly checking off lists and handing them to a hooded male Dwarf (https://i.imgur.com/JM27Htn.jpg). The Dwarf woman shouted just barely dodging the crate being practically being thrown at her. "HEY BE CAREFUL ESMERELDA! You hit me with one more crate, I'm sending you back to Rivian in pieces!" In her rage at the Duelist she didn't pay attention to the sack of flour she knocked into the cargo hold causing a string of deep throated curses to fly up at her. "You fuckin' be careful Bulka! There's only two of us down here, so kill me and we'll be extra fucked!"

The female Dwarf took in a sharp breath and looked down the dark cargo hold watching the ship's Sapper and repairman rubbing his bald head glaring up at her. "I'm sorry are you ok Ogmar?" The grumpy man snorted and nodded his head. Then a soft female voice came from the darkness besides him before a kind-eyed Elf woman (https://i.imgur.com/4Tmje5C.jpg) appeared and quickly pulled the Ogmar's head down so she could look it over. He winced pulling his head back. "I said I was fine Emmy! Just get back to stacking the cargo, we gotta get the sod outta here before the Guards appear to start trying to take the city back!" The Elven healer frowned. "Hey it's my job to make sure!"

The argument was quickly interrupted by a massive explosion and a pair of dark-haired Elves (https://i.imgur.com/x0nAaBF.jpg) run up the gangplank carrying a crate of apples between them. The female shouted across as the male obviously her brother. "You massive moron! Why would you risk our lives for a stupid crate of apples!" The male shouted back as they both unceremoniously dropped the crate. "To fend off scurvy!"

Emmy quickly jumped out of the hole expecting to see someone dead. "Meleim! Ashahra! What was the explosion are you two ok?" The twins, Dalish Elves, by their appearance nodded in unison, but Meleim jerked her thumb back at the docks. "Yeah we're fine, but our beloved Captain might've succeeded in killing him this time. He set off a bunch of Ogmar's Lyrium explosives while trying to steal a Knight-Commander's armor!" The gathered crew let out a deep sigh. They knew better than to hope something actually finished the job of taking the rest of the Captain's ninety something lives.

And as the sounds of fighting drew closer the three warriors holding the docks clambered aboard carrying a great deal of loot and cargo between the three of them. They dropped it all on top of the apple crate and the First Mate Saorsa quickly took control. "Get the rest of the cargo below deck and make ready to set sail! Vandre help me with the gangplank!" The crew quickly fell into line forming a line of hands with Shep jumping into the cargo hold to help Emmy and Ogmar catch and stack while Esmeralda, Meleim and Ashara grabbed the cargo and deposited it into the hold.

The male Qunari grunted grabbing one end of the twenty foot long plank while Saorsa worked on the other. "What of the Captain?" He asked his deep voice little more than a growl. The former Tamassran sighed and shrugged as they pulled the plank up. "His orders were to leave as soon as all the cargo was on. He'll find us." She left the big male to secure the plank before joining the others in securing the cargo and preparing to set sail. Saorsa took the wheel and once all the moorings were cut and the anchor out of the water she quickly steered the Kharon into the angry storm winds that were blowing in. But a loud shout was heard from the chaotic docks. "OI, THE FUCK YOU LEAVIN' WITHOUT YOUR CAPTAIN MUTINEER! WHO SAID FOR YOU TO LEAVE ME BEHIND?" She sighed and saw the frantically waving arms of a stout man (https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79692&page=30&p=2762305&viewfull=1#post2762305) with a long gray coat. The Tal-Vashoth rolled her eyes and shouted back. "YOU DID SEBASTIAN! NOW RUN FASTER OR YOU'LL MISS THE PARTY!"

Captain Grimm was running with a templar's helmet, breastplate, and shield hanging about his person. But panic and adrenaline do great things for a person's physical abilities when needed. Captain Grimm ran at full speed and using some high-stacked crates and a dangling rope from his own ship to pull himself out of danger and onto the deck of his ship in a clanking pile of bullshit and luck. Emmy quickly jumped back out of the cargo hold and rushed to his side. She doubted he was hurt, but she always must check. But as she reached his side all she found was his lips on her's and his hands on her ass. She instinctively elbowed him in the face and rolled away red. "Why do you always have to do that!"

The crew laughed and the Captain laughed the loudest as he climbed back to his feet winking at the embarrassed young Elf maiden. "Cause you gotta learn better, ask Saorsa she'd rather let me bleed out then come close right?" He asked the tall woman who simply smirked and rolled her eyes going back to steering the ship away from the pit of madness that was once Kirkwall.

The crew didn't take a break until they were well into the Waking Sea with only the black smoke of Kirkwall on the horizon. The cargo was secure and ale was being retrieved, but Sebastian wanted an apple and he saw the tell tale red of apples in the only crate left on deck. He tossed the loot off the top and popped it open. Reaching in he aimed to grab an apple, but actually felt something soft, squishy, and covered with cloth. Looking in he saw that his hand was full of some woman's breast which was protruding from the apples. He laughed and waved his crew over. "Now this is the type of surprise I like!" He reached in deeper and pulled the head of a pretty half-elf from the apples.

Kris
04-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Thedas.

A world full of mystery, adventures, romance, wars and many tales and stories- nobles and commoners living side by side, along with many races and factions. And while it's easy to see the distrust among the people, it is no doubt that elves had it worse.

Once part of a magical empire- or so the people of the Dales claim, elves are considered today nothing but folks reduced to live in ghettos, known as "alienage", as a second class citizens. But those are the lucky ones. In the kingdom of Tevinter to the north, practice of slavery on these poor folks is still strong- there are even rumors of horrible abuses and blood magic practices, which claimes the lives of many elves because of their strong affinity to magic. They are a convenient boosters and their lives are meaningless.

But even those living in a semi truces in the city in the alienage, often suffers from the city's attackers, and often are given to the local noble's mercy. They have no trouble storming in, and hitting on us. We are weak after all and can hardly resist.

Mother only crime was her appearance. She caught the eyes of a local noble whom she refused to ever speak his name to me. I am not sure if he ever returned to check of her child, but he probably threatened the rest of his house to hush about it.

I was lucky, or so she told me. Like all half breeds I was born with the look of a human girl, and aside from few features, no one would suspect of my origin- at least not right away. I will not be called "knife ear", or be submitted to bullies. Hell, I could even leave the alienage if I wanted to- but I didn't want to leave mom alone. She was the only family I had.

As much as I mocked the elves I knew the heart of men and they were not any better. They were dirty scums. Whenever we walked in the streets of Denerim we would get nasty looks, and the humans always seemed so loud and vulgar.

I was without a choice- torn between two worlds which both I didn't to be part of. The humans were too mean but the elves of the city were so weak and willing to grovel. I often wondered what were the life of the dales- the elves living free of humans in the forest. Mother used to tell me that her mother was one of them- one of the free people. They would live and die in freedom, and will only submit to their Keeper, their elder of the clan.

How mom longed to return- but she couldn't just leave everything behind and go. Of course that was not the only reason- there was something else preventing her from returning, a reason which I would learn later... during the time she found out I bore the gift of magic...

Illvani cried softly. She seemed in a lot of pain. She was sweating hard and her eyes would barely open.

The kind elf moved closer, pushing Captain Grimm aside, "She is burning!", she said, as she examined Illvani like a good healer. Removing the cloak from her she noticed the blood stains and her heart missed a bit, "Oh no! We gotta move her to a clean bed now!"

"We can't keep her here..." , said the dwarven male, "If she is sick we gonna catch it too-"

"Ogmar!", the healer protested, "We can't just leave her like that!"

"Then throw her out. She is a Stowaway. We never took kindly to them", said the male Tal-Vashoth.

"I know, Vandre", the elf said, "And yet..."

I was about 12 when I almost accidently killed Behndan, the neighbor's son by causing him to fell off the roof. We had a clear distance between us, but it was obvious that I somehow witch crafted the wind. It was then that my eyes first began to change color. Behndan found it cool, but mother was afraid. She knew all too well what they do to people born with magic. If there was something which was more hated than elves, mages were probably in said spot.

Any rumor would have caused to guards to be on me faster than a hungry cat on a bird- and they would have taken me away to the circle. A tower were they keep mages locked away for "their safety".

But mother was quicker. She packed hastily, putting a small backpack on my back and grabbed me by the hand. It was almost impossible bypassing the guards, but mother was smart and cunning.

I later heard that Shianni, my cousin and few other female members of my family faced ordeal by the son's Arl, during which another cousin of mine found her death. Our Hahren, our elder, Valendrian did nothing.

Elves are so weak...

SikstaSlathalin
04-06-2018, 05:15 AM
Sebastian sighed and put his fingers to his lips and let out a shrill whistle silencing his crew. He knew the policy about stowaways, but they never tossed wounded into the water to attack sharks and potentially give someone a reason to try and find them for murdering XYZ. He couldn't just toss such a nice shaped woman overboard without making her intimate acquaintance anyway.
"Ok Reapers, you all know we can't toss a bleeding person overboard. We're still kinda within range of trouble. Emmy and Saorsa get her out of those apples and take her to my cabin, it's got the best bed for healing." The Tal-Vashoth woman rolled her eyes, she knew the Captain's ulterior motive for having the stowaway taken to his cabin, but she wasn't in the mood to argue right now. Maybe the new girl can keep him from sniffing around her bunk tonight. Saorsa and the Emmy delicately picked the wounded girl out and the Qunari carried her away while the Elf ran below deck to get her healer's bag.

The Captain than pointed to Bulka, Ogmar, and Shep.
"You three go through the crate and toss any apples with blood on them overboard and put the good ones into a different barrel. Ogmar was right in saying she could have something catchin' we definitely don't want that!" The three pirates nodded though each face wore a grimace. The men pushed the crate to the edge and with Bulka they began sorting through the apples, a bunch of random floating apples would bring some attention, but far less than a floating body.

The Captain turned to the remaining crew. "Everyone else! Go do ship things I have a boat to drive, we're heading for Glisten Skull Island friends. I'm sure we all miss our wonderful pirate hideout and it holds so much more loot than the Kharon." Esmeralda, Meleim, and Ashahra gave the man a salute and walked off to get things set. Sebastian quickly glanced down at his compass spun the wheel and aimed them towards home.

In the Captain's spacious red adorned cabin Emmy and Saorsa stripped the stowaway down to her under clothes and using their combined knowledge and a little bit of the former Tamassran's spirit power to bring the young woman back from the edge. The arrow nearly killed her, but by sheer luck it missed her heart by inches. But that aside she had numerous cuts, bruises, and a burn or two that needed fixing.

It took the women a full hour and patch up and stabilize the wounded Half-Elf which they decided she was after a very thorough examination of her body. She'd live through the night, but she couldn't be moved from Sebastian's bed, which would present a whole new series of issues for the woman or the crew. Honestly if Sebastian wasn't such a good Captain and didn't pay back all the trouble he dished out with lots of loot and luxury the Reaper's would've mutinied a while ago. They may not be able to kill to man, but they could toss him overboard and let the Maker take another crack at ending Sebastian Grimm. For now though the girl was breathing evenly, but she was still running a fever so she'd stay in her bra and panties for now. Emmy wouldn't leave the woman's side, it wasn't often she got a real patient to heal. Most of the crew were either too damn tough to be gravely wounded, or just did their own stitching up. So she was eager to prove herself especially since she was the youngest onboard. She resoaked the cooling cloth on the woman's head and nodded up at the First Mate. "Best go get the Captain and explain the situation to him Saorsa, she's stable, but it's best we not move her. So he'll need to find somewhere else to sleep cause I'll be by he side all night and will have no problem kicking him out of here for trying anything!" The girl's voice and eyes were determined, and Saorsa was glad she found her backbone at last.

She's only been with the crew a couple of years and she spent most of the first year being embarrassed by and eventually bedded the Captain to make him stop bothering her. Every since she's been worried about being seen as a coward and targeted by him again despite every other woman on the crew from Saorsa down to Bulka telling her his bark is worse than his bite. He usually beds a woman once and is done. It's only Saorsa he's slept with more than once, and that's because he's fascinated by Qunari women and especially the Tamassran way of sex. It's saved many of the female passengers they've have from having to suffer his company. Either way the ox-woman nodded and walked out of the cabin, they were still a day or so away from Glisten Skull, but it would be good to be back in their hideaway. Everyone had their own room and their own thing back there, it was a home or at least as good a home as any of them have known, she studied each of them as they bustled across the desk. Ogmar was a casteless thug from Orzammar, Bulka is an exiled surface Dwarf formally from the Merchant Caste, Esmeralda was born in Rivain, but was an Antivan Crow most of her life, Ash and Mel were proud Dalish, but their clan fell during the Fifth Blight, Emmy was a City Elf from Amaranthine who ran away with her family and became kind of a traveling circus. Acrobats, archery, various tricks to keep the peasantry amused, but like with Ash and Mel her family was wiped out in the Blight. Saorsa's story is full of fighting tradition and finding a greater purpose than what the Qun gave her, hell even the Captain's story isn't so good, orphan, gang life, drafted military service, and so much more. Shep may be the best example of a normal life among them. Raised in the Orlesian Chantry, and destined pretty much from birth to be a Templar, good life, good education, good parents, he had it all. But as is the Orlesian way Shep feel afoul of a noble Lady very experienced in The Game. He was romantic with a Mage, but the noblewoman wanted him herself, he scorned her and she took revenge. His love was made Tranquil, he was accused of and found to be guilty of treason and if he hadn't escaped to the Kharon he'd have been executed. They all know each other's stories both good and bad, they're as close to family as one could get without sharing parents.

In fact the only one of the crew who is still mostly a mystery was Vandre. All they knew was he was a Ben-Hassrath from Seheron and he left the Qun over a disagreement with his leaders. Anything more and he throws up a huge wall and not even good wine and a good women can make him open up again. So most just leave him be after they reach that point, but Saorsa thinks she can get through to him. Someday she'd like to have a child that didn't belong to the community and she wanted it to be a full Qunari born in freedom. Vandre was a strong quiet type and she knew he'd make a good father simply by watching the way he handles children they take onboard the ship. He's like a friendly uncle always telling silly stories and teaching them tricks.

She finished her little walk down memory lane and approached the Captain.
"Sebastian, our stowaway is going to be ok. But we can't move her from your bed until her fever has passed. Can you control yourself long enough to give the girl a chance to wake up before you harass her?"

The Captain put on a face of mock wound.
"I am the perfect gentlemen around all women you know that!"

Saorsa crossed her arms under her breasts and rolled her eyes.
"Emmy said she'd stab you in the neck with a broken bottle if you bother her first real patient in months."

Sebastian glanced down at his First Mate's popped up bust and sighed.
"Very well, but I'll still sleep in my cabin! Somewhere, don't need any of you trying to mount me or kill me in my sleep if I stay in the crew cabin with you."

Once again Saorsa rolled her eyes then took the wheel.
"Like we'd do you the pleasure of mounting or killing you. Go talk with Emmy she can give you a better idea of the proper course of action. I know the way home." She hip bumped the man away and began shouting orders down to the crew. Knowing when he'd no longer needed Captain Grimm bounced down the steps and entered his cabin being more quiet than most would expect of him. He crouched down besides Emmy smiling at her.
"Sorry about earlier, just didn't want you lot being sad around me."

The She-Elf sighed shaking her head. Even as much as she hated him, the man had charm still.
"It's ok, just be quiet and respectful. I think our guest might be waking up soon."

Kris
04-07-2018, 12:44 AM
Dwarves have it easy in their underground kingdom of Orzammar. Dwarves, for some reason are disconnected from the "fade", the world of dreams. Because of that, they do not have magic in their blood and said to be dreamless.

But saying they have easy life would be wrong. Everything about dwarves is their profession, work, family name, ranks- and each of those can be at the risk of being taken from them at any given time. Condemned dwarves are to be stripped of their caste and their memories deleted from the records of the stone- as if they never lived. Even their family are tossed away with them.

In a sense, being a castless is like being a leper, suffering from a disease. They can try and improve their fate by joining the Legion of the Dead, for example- there are to find their death in the deep roads, fighting darkspawns, but their names are reinstated and their family gains a cast again.

Dwarves that broke tradition or fled to the surface are consider a castless too. They could never be accepted back to their old ranks- and often the family they leave behind is at risk of losing their caste too.

But what I am talking about dwarves and their rules… it was the furthest issue from me as ice and fire… or so I thoughts.

And then we have returned to mom's clan…

Illvani opened her eyes slowly, and a loud scream escaped her lips when she noticed two people looking down at her.

She has been found out!!

She quickly got up and tried to run away but the pain hit her hard again and she fainted once more.

They called mother a city trash. They didn't want her, or me, the "shemlen" offspring with them. They said that grandmother never looked back when she left for the city and married an elven trash, and said that we are both not welcomed here, because we need to live with the consequences of such actions.

She tried to reason with them, but it was only when she mentioned my ability that the "Keeper", the clan leader, decided to join the conversation. The keeper, lady Marethari Talas, had a very annoyed expression upon her face and said straight out, "You will never be recognize as one of us, but you may hold a gift that needs my direct attention. Under normal circumstances I would not have accepted you back, but we are living in a strange time. You will join us temporarily as comrades, and I will recognize you as my "second". Will you accept this?"

I looked at my mother who nodded back at me.

Frankly all I wanted was to just spit at their faces and leave. Elves were no different from humans after all… but we had no other place to go…

I said "yes".

"Err… my head", Illvani woke up slowly again.

"Easy now!", said a lovely looking elf, "You were found by us, true, but you are not in trouble… yet?", she said looking at something.

Illvani followed her gaze and found a man sitting on a chair, while his boots were up on a barrel, looking extremely pleased with himself. She swallowed hard and covered herself up. She was not used to be like that in presence of a man, "Please, I can't go back, please!", she grabbed Emmy's clothes, "Please"

"Who hurt you like that?", the elf asked and Illvani bite her lips.

"You better answer her!", the man said, while rocking on his chair. He never stopped smiling but it was hard not to see that he was ordering her to answer.

"That would be our captain, you are in his room which he provided for you to recover in. Most of the staff protested too. So… You better answer", said the elf, "Please?"

Illvani shook her head, "Templars... did this", Illvani said and reached for the wounds on her shoulder and chest. Fuck, Gabriel was too good with the bow.

"Why would they—oh!", the elf's eyes glittered with understanding, "You one of the circle?".

Illvani looked at the man again who had a look of demanding answers. She then looked at the elf and nodded. She then wrapped the covers around her, "What will you do with me?", Illvani asked.

SikstaSlathalin
04-14-2018, 11:46 PM
Sebastian chuckled low in his throat, but Emmy simply smiled at the girl patting her legs under the covers.”That’s up to the Captain, but don’t worry we don’t toss people overboard when they’re bleeding it attracts unneeded attention.” Sebastian plopped his chair back to the ground and stalked over studying the young woman closely. “So how’d a mage find herself bleeding in my apple crate?” He peeked under the covers then smiled into the woman’s face.

“AHH!”, Illvani pushed the covers to her, “Please… don’t… don’t do it…”, there was a real and honest terror in her eyes when she said it. Fucking humans. All of them the same, “Please I’ll buy you the apples back once I can… just don’t… don’t come closer!”

Sebastian laughed loudly and fell flat on his ass, Emmy only sighed and dropped her head in shame shaking it slowly. “Please miss don’t get him started.” The Captain was back on his feet and smiling madly he began walking up and down the cabin like a rooster. “My dear it is not the apples that concern me. Oh no it is the fact you are a stowaway and stowaways do not make demands aboard the Kharon!” She was a scared bunny and Sebastian so loved messing with scared bunnies, it was part of his charm in his eyes. But to everyone else it was just scary and annoying. Emmy sighed deeper looking at the man. “Be nice or I’ll get Saorsa in here to deal with you sir.”

The Captain laughed again.
“Oh come on, the rest of you are so dull it’s not often I get a new audience!”

Emmy shook her head.
“At least wait until she’s healed and dressed before you scare the pants off her.”

The man sighed crossing his arms and sat back down besides the bed studying the young woman’s face. “Well either way, who are you and what are you doing on my ship?”

“Illvani Tabris, and…”, she bit her lips, “I needed to run, okay? I had to leave there, I didn't care how. I just need to head back and find my mother, see if she is okay. We got separated once they forced me into the Circle. Now that I was free I planned to get her out but…”, she sighed again. They probably didn’t care if she told them she just lost someone but decided to use that card anyway, “I just saw someone dear to me getting murdered before my eyes. Please, if you want, I can leave on the closest land, or… if you want me to jump off ship I’ll do it... “

Emmy frowned, Tabris was a City Elf name. And she knew the horror City Elves went through and add to that being a Mage, she couldn’t even imagine. The Captain would eat her alive given the chance literally and figuratively But judging on how she reacted to him, looking at her under the covers she’d never been with a man. She gripped the girl’s bare shoulder smiling. “Take a breath Illvani, I don’t need you panicking and ripping your stitches.”

Sebastian continued to watch Illvani, she was more jumpy than Emmy this would be lots of fun for him. “Well both lucky and unlucky for you, the closest land is our HQ at Glisten Skull Island. And you’re too pretty and wounded to toss overboard. Just like Emmy here.” He chuckled patting the She-Elf’s head which just made her sigh. She was used to the man and she knew she could stab him and it likely wouldn’t kill him.

Illvani watched him with dread, shaking to her core, holding herself from crying, “What does that mean? If you want me to find a way back from there, I can do it!”

Emmy shook her head.
“No you won’t be able to, we have the only ship that knows where the island is and we’re the only ones there.”

Illvani switches gazes from one to another, all the while holding the covers, “Where are my clothes, I can just swim back, ouch-!”, she bite her lips, “Really!”

Sebastian growled provocatively. “Hmm where we’re going you don’t need clothes.” This time Emmy punched him hard in the side shooting him a warning glare. “Go find some clothes for her, she looks to be about my size so my circus singlet and long coat will do until we get back home.” Sebastian laughed and quickly jerked the covers to make the girl jump once more before leaving.

Emmy sighed deeply pulling the covers back up.
“I am so sorry, he’s really a good man. Just hasn’t grown up much since he was drafted into the army from Darktown. Your normal clothes were too ruined to reuse, as for swimming home from Glisten Skull? You’ll die on the rocks around it.”

“I know…”, Illvani didn’t look at her, “I didn’t mean to do it… I was just…”, she grabbed the sheets around her, “This is not me, okay, I was extremely terrified and I had nowhere to go. I will pay you up once I can. Please don’t let him get near me. He is disgusting. He reminds of the horrible Arls at home. They kept picking on the woman. Mother said I don’t need to worry because I look human enough, but…”, Illvani then looked at Emmy, “guess I was wrong… why does he treat you like this… He’s just so sure of himself, are you a slave of this human? A pet?”. It made sense for her to ask that. The only Elves she knew that were not Dalish were often just second class humans, and Emmy bore no sign of the Dalish tattoo, the Vallaslin, on her face.

Emmy smiled softly sitting on the bed with Illvani patting her leg.
“You’ve been kicked around a lot huh? Well let me start by telling you what all the other women of the Grimm’s Reapers told me. We make up more than half the crew, and he can’t run this ship without us. He may looks like a greasy Guard Captain, but his bark is a lot worse than his bite. You saw me punch him without repercussions yes? Well that right there should tell you all you need to know about our relationship. He teases and flirts with all of us, the big female Qunari, the deadly Antivian Crow, the sharpshooting Dalish Archer, even the Dwarven merchant princess. The man has as little shame as he does fear, but he’s also the Captain of the ship and the only one keeping most of us from actually being slaves. We can’t keep him away from you, but you can ignore him. Or just tell the First Mate Saorsa.”

“He shouldn’t do it! And you shouldn’t allow him too… unless…”, she sighed, “Well, humans always have the power… and this Saorsa… why is it okay for her to be with him? Do you look down at her that much?”

Emmy let out a deep mirthful laughter.
“Look down on Saorsa!? My dear that is impossible to do unless you’re standing on the forecastle.” There came a knock on the door and it pushed open admitting the woman in question carrying the colorful Harlequin style singlet and long sleeveless coat Emmy had sent the Captain to get. Emmy smiled motioning to Saorsa letting Illvanin take in all 6’2 of the Tal-Vashoth’s sensual womanly body. “That is why you go to Saorsa if the Captain gives you too much trouble.”

Saorsa smirked tossing the clothes at Emmy.
“Thought my ears were burning, so the Captain really did shake her up huh?”

Emmy laughed handing Illvani the clothes and standing up from the bed.
“Yes he did, he smelled a scared bunny and attacked.”

The grey woman sighed crossing her arms under her chest shaking her head.
“I’ll kick his ass tonight. He likes the scared ones my dear, don’t be scared of him.”

“Why are you letting him act like this to you!”, Illvani looked from one to another, “Just because he is a Human? Does he own any of you? Are you in debt to him?”. This upset her much. Her mother was given to the abuses of some human prick, and couldn’t really resist it. And there comes another one which acts all high and mighty again. And the way the kind Elf spoke of him made her consider this ship some kind of a moving harem, “Is he a noble or something?”

Saorsa and Emmy shared a look. But the Tal-Vashoth spoke shaking her head.
“Wow she’s got some bite to her that’ll make it even more fun for him and us.” The tall woman put on a serious tone now and looked into the Half-Elf’s eyes. “Look girlie, I’m sure you had a lot of rough experiences with Humans, but lumping the Captain into the same group as some spineless noble is as much a discredit as calling the Queen of Ferelden just another Warden. He owns none of us, but we all do owe him. He saved us from far worse lives, he’s never actually forced himself onto anyone, he’s like a dog who humps legs a lot. Annoying but harmless as long as you let him be, we let him do it because it’s part of life on the seas. It’s entertaining, and we can dish it out as well as take it. Aboard the Kharon we are all equals, as long as you play along. And as of now you owe him too, get dressed and rest up. When you’re feeling up to it we’ll introduce you to the rest of the crew. ” She nodded to Emmy and the new girl then exited the cabin.

Illvani considered. She won’t have to stand it for much longer. They can be settled in whatever agreement they have just fine, but this was a bit too much for her, “Okay, I will respect your opinions. I just simply think it’s wrong for him to behave like this, even if he is joking”, Illvani sighed. She didn’t trust men, but was a little taken aback and surprised from the attitude of this huge woman. She was pretty, but the way she just ditched out her trouble was very hurtful and annoying. She never said anything about having her life being such a misery pile or saying she had bad experiences, who was she to just sum up her life and pass a judgement- all Illvani wanted was just a getaway long enough for her to reach where she needs to be. Hell if things were better she would not have stowed away like this at all. But, when in Antiva act like an Antivian, and she was indeed a guest here after all- things could have turned out much worse, “I know it’s horrible for me to ask, but do I really have to meet the rest of the crew?”

Emmy sighed shaking her head.
“You’ll learn, soon enough Illvani, there’s a lot of things wrong in this world now. But oddly enough Captain Sebastian Grimm isn’t one of them.” She placed the clothes in Illvani’s hands patting her cheek gently. “Eventually yes, But don’t worry you’re under my care you’ll meet the rest of the crew when you’re ready and no sooner, but I can’t bar the Captain from his cabin so it’s likely you’ll have to talk with him again. Just ignore him and he’ll go into his own little world and fall asleep or maybe he’ll go bother Saorsa they both can fit in her bed.” The City Elf began gathering up her equipment while Illvani dressed.

Illvani nodded slowly and struggled to get dressed, they were close to her size, and felt nice on her skin, though her breasts were close to a full cup bigger than Emmy’s. Either way she felt worlds better not being in her underwear in a strange man’s bed. The She-Elf helped her back to bed then began gathering her equipment. “Thank you.” Was all she said before sleep overtook her again.

Illvani slept the rest of the trip to Glisten Skull and she barely woke up when Sebastian or Emmy came in and out of the room for various reasons. But as Saorsa saw the tell tale black dome of Glisten Skull and watched the water quickly become full of rocks and choppy water she let a smile stretch across her face, they were almost home. And after a month at sea ferrying people around and taking advantage of wreckage from people with the same idea as them just too stupid to do it right the Tal-Vashoth was looking forward to her bed and the heated rock pools to bathe in.

The Captain before Sebastian was a well-traveled old sea dog, he found the island following up on rumors and fueled by a desire to make a safe base of operations for him and his crew. He found Glisten Skull and made sure they were the only ones who knew about it. And so far no one has betrayed their secret and a few of the refugees they found had nowhere else to go willingly joined the crew and stayed on the island turning it into a small pirate community. They fished and farmed and were kept safe. Though one proviso of joining the Reapers is you join for life, most were fine with that, but like any group they’ve had troublemakers. They were dealt with and never spoken of again, which ruffled some more feathers, but such is life. The Kharon brings home lots of loot and stories to keep everyone amused and happy.

Vandre’s war horn sounded waking up anyone who may have been snoozing and the quick barking orders of the First Mate shook the rest of the cobwebs away and everyone began bustling around the deck. Navigating the treacherous rock shoal maze took the whole crew, moving sails around pushing off rocky surfaces with long poles and sometimes even smashing rocks to get away. The waters were always rising and falling so the path you took leaving wasn’t always going to be the one you need to get back.

This time though, it was a smooth sailing. And once they were in the large half crescent cove, the Captain who had been going over charts in his cabin gave a clear shout to Illvani and Emmy who were both asleep. “Up’anatom ladies we’re home.”

“Home?”, Illvani asked as she looked at the Elf who smiled and nodded at her. For the duration of this whole voyage, this faithful healer stayed by her side, taking care of her. Illvani was in much better condition and aside from small echoes of pain and a walking stick, she was fine. She helped the Elf clean the room and pick up the sweaty sheets, pulling them in the corner and dusting the cabin’s windows. Then they both climbed up to the deck. Emmy turned out to be a true friend. Even if Illvani still didn’t know if she could trust her or not, something about her just reminded her so much of Karl, that the connection between them bloomed almost right of.

As the two women exited the cabin, the rest of the small crew were already gathered and gazing longfully at the glistening white beaches at the far end of the beautiful turquoise cove. It looked to be a vacation destination for the rich and powerful...at least within the cove. Outside of the protective rock arms was a scene out of horror story. Huge gray colored rocks littered with destroyed ships and the bones of sailors not lucky enough to be rescued. Even looking one couldn’t see the safe passageways through the graveyard. It also left little doubt of surviving an escape from the pirates. The sight of Glisten Skull always marveled Emmy who eagerly pulled Illvani to the railing hugging the other woman’s arm some. “Oh you’re gonna love it ashore! Fresh sweet water, good food, and our lovely landlubbers who decided to stick around after the Captain saved them.”

“Let me guess”, Illvani said with a smirk, “All of them pretty ladies?”

Emmy shook her head laughing. “Not all of them, but a couple yea. Don’t worry you can bunk with me and the twins in the tree house you see on the left side of the beach there.” The woman pointed into the jungle and showed Illvani the two-story treehouse adorned with Dalish Banners and a few treetop alchemy gardens. “We built it ourselves from the flotsam that washes ashore from time to time. You’ll love it!”

Illvani stared at it fondly. It sure seemed like it was built with love and care in mind. It didn’t have anything that reminded her of the city or the forest. It was something far more magical in nature, “I’m sure I will”.

A bell rang out above them and Sebastian was standing on the railings that same kind of mad smile on his face that he had back in Kirkwall. “Another successful voyage my friends! We have loot to give out and stories to tell! Once we make it to shore and unload the Kharaon drinks are on the house tonight!”

Ogmar snorted from the deck. “The drinks are always on the house ya nug-lover. We make it ourselves.”

Sebastian laughed and jumped from the fourteen feet up and landed in a crouch before the stout Dwarf. “Well yea, but we didn’t want the new girl to know that! We could’ve gotten some coin out of her for the fun of it. Pfft some shifty-smuggler type you are.” Ogmar snorted and shook his head. “I swear Captain, you must have some Merchant Caste Dwarf in you somewhere.”

Sebastian laughed then looked at Bulka and winked. “No, but I’ve been in a couple before.” Bulka rolled her eyes and shook her head sighing gently. “Ya freak.” She said quietly looking back towards the pirate island.

Sebastian kept on smiling and looked out across his crew. “Let’s get gone friends.” He motioned for Saorsa and the big woman nodded and aimed the ship to the dock.

“So Emmy, if you are all so set back there in the hideout, why venture out? Are there others who keep going out sailing as pirates under the banner of your captain too, or just you guys?”, Illvani asked, her eyes drifting over the shore line of the land ahead, “I should be grateful, but I feel like this will be just another prison- not like the circle but still… oh well at least it will feel more “home” like than the other places I’ve been… and I need to pay off my debt anyway. So… What will I do once we get there? I’ll obviously be assigned to something, right? And am I supposed to stay here, or will I be able to leave, and if so when?”

Emmy motioned back to Grimm. “He’s incapable of sitting still for very long, besides as nice as Glisten skull is there isn’t much to do. We have a tavern yes and the island has some fish and game, but all and all there’s only thirty of us that live here. And it’s impossible for anyone else to come in from the sea unless by pure luck and accident. Like any port city we need outside supplies too. As for what you’ll be doing…” She shrugged once again looking back at Grimm who was chatting with Saorsa no doubt making some plans for shore. “That’s up to them, they’re the only officers we have, but don’t worry you’re a Mage. Lady Cristo will want you as her Apprentice!”

“Err… apprentice?”, Illvani looked surprised, “To what exactly? What would I study here? Do I need to be trained?!”. The only one who she admired as a mentor was her Keeper back with the Elves of the Dales, as no one could allow her as much freedom in the Fade, or as much exploring. Even her mentor told her she may have a gift for dreaming, and other skills, while the people in the circle tried so hard to block her from trying something new. Beside, keeper Marethari was very nice, and welcoming… Illvani was sure she would never found someone as caring and loving like her.

“Apprentice to a former Knight Enchanter from Tevinter. Lady Cristo was one of the first to join our crew after the last one was killed by Tevinter Raiders. You’ll like her, she hates the Captain too.” She whispered this last bit giggling gently. Besides she’s the only other Mage we have so she’ll seek you out anyway as soon as she hears you’re here.”

“Err… That’s good, right?”, Illvani raised her eyebrows. Oh well at least they both had something in common, “Do you hunt here? I would love to stitch some outfits for myself, I guess I could hunt something and use the skin… or… maybe there are fabrics here I can use? How do I get money here? Are there shops around here?”, Illvani blushed and lowered her gaze, “I’m sorry for all those questions, I am just so excited a little scared of what is about to come… and I get the feelings I won’t get a nice welcome for the whole cart and apples deal… I’m surprised none of the crew came about to have a “talk” with me yet”.

Emmy chuckled keeping Illvani’s arm hugged to her body. “Oh yes, Lady Cristo is a powerful Mage and the oldest one on the island. She commands the most respect behind the Captain and First Mate. And I don’t mind the questions, I used to be the youngest before you and most people don’t talk much with me unless they’re hurt so I’m glad to have someone my own age to talk with. Now to your questions.” She cleared her throat. “We have some hunting, but the island only has some Nugs, a herd of Halla, a small group of Rams, and a pack of Wolves. But Glisten Skull is small so we don’t do much hunting we mostly fish and raid for meat and we have a few farming plots further back in the jungle. But we have plenty of stored up goods you can dip into, but you’ll need to talk with Bulka to get access, I also have more clothes you can borrow. We have no need for money or shops on the island, but if you join us on the ship you get a cut of whatever loot you help bring in and that is where you can get coin to spend on the mainland.” The ship nudged into the dock and the Captain gave the order to go ashore. “And I wouldn’t worry to much about that, we didn’t have to throw out many of the apples, and we’re ok on food stores for now. Now come on, between the eleven of us we can have the ship emptied in an hour or so. Then I’ll show you to your room!”

“Sounds good”.

Illvani spent the time in silent as she helped the others unpack the goods and bring them down. She was still lost in her thoughts which were still with the departed Karl, and the image of Gabriel popped into her mind from time to time. She knew the templar would not disobey, but to so cruelly kill someone… that she did not expect of the pretty knight. She was also bothered about the fact she did not found her phylactery, but she calmed herself by the fact that she, as individual was unimportant. She was not a criminal or some kind of noble. No one would actually be needed to track her, or have use for her. And besides who in his right mind travel all the way around for one mage- and it looks like this island was safe from any attacks.

Illvani then stretched when everything was organized and labeled. While the life in the forest was not as easy as it was in the Circle, it sure didn’t prepare her for such labor. She was too weak to do real work, but she knew better than to complain.

She looked around and tried to find Emmy between all the mess of people and carts. Not because she actually needed her right now, but mostly because she was the only person she felt safe to be near, but the healer was nowhere to be seen.

Soon a male’s voice caught the woman’s attention. It was the Captain and he had a smile on his face. “Hmm looking for Emmy? She needed to go inventory the healing herbs, but don’t worry I’ll keep you from getting lost.” He walked up closer to the Half-Elf and smiled offering her his arm.

Illvani simply stared at him and had trouble breathing. She opened her mouth few times and looked at his arm and really didn't know what to make of his offer. It was obviously a trap, or something… He was not going to be nice for the sake of it as he proved to be perfectly capable of being a fearsome person and someone to watch out for, “Err... “, she said as she blushed, “Thanks”, she simply continued to look at his arm, afraid to take it. She then stared at him, hoping he will get the hint, and just let her follow him without the needed “closeness”.

He simply took her arm himself and pulled her close winking. “Don’t worry, I’ll be nice. Sorry for scaring you before, but it’s hard to find fun individuals at sea sometimes. Most of the crew are real sticks in the mud. Come on, I’ll take you to where Emmy is.” He pulled her along and began walking along the heavy planked walkway to the stour building at the top of a small hill on the beach it was the main herb storage hut.

“D-don’t… worry about it”, she blushed even more as she was moving along. He sure was strong. She still didn’t trust him and she shivered from fear. But the last thing she wanted to do was show him how insecure she was, so she avoided looking at him altogether, “Sorry…. About the apples”, she tried to change the subject, “You have a nice place here… I mean, I haven’t seen all of it, but it looks rather peaceful…”

Sebastian chuckled at the girl’s nervousness he couldn’t ignore the girl’s shivers. Been a long time since he’s had this sort of effect on a woman. She really was a virgin, surprising even coming from a Circle many of the Mages he’s rescued had shook the bed with a few of their fellow Mages in the towers. He patted her hand calmingly. “Don’t worry about the apples, we have a few trees here that grow them. The twins just like bringing more variety to our orchard.” He nodded at her rather forced compliment, but he took it nonetheless. “Hmm thank you, it takes a lot of work to keep Glisten Skull...glistening. I haven’t heard of any complaints, at least unless Ogmar is drunk than he complains about falling into the sky someday if he forgets to hear his steel plated boots.” The Captain led Illvani through the small community the islanders watching them and whispering a little. A few were still pretty women, but there was also a good number of males though most of the people they saw were Humans or Elves. A couple of Dwarves were hanging around, but no more Qunari.

“So.. the tall Saorsa and that other Qunari guy… are the only ones of the oxmen we have here?”, Illvani whispered as she tried to avoid the staring she got. She then recalled the captain was holding her arm, which must have upset some of them in some manner or another, but right now she had a very undecided impression of him, and didn’t understand the big deal of it. Either way, she wanted to ask, so she did, “But aren’t those of the Qun strict? How did you get them to join? Are they spies or something, I heard of them, even in the Circle!”

Captain Grimm smiled and waved at his friends giving a few of the women secret winks as they passed. He wasn’t showing off a new conquest, but sometimes it helps to make women think so, then they’re more eager to join him in bed sometimes. Jealousy a woman’s greatest weapon and biggest weakness. Her question surprised him, but it wasn’t one he hasn’t heard before.
“Saorsa and Vandre? Yes, they’re Tal-Vashoth, they chose to leave the Qun you want to know the whys you can ask them. Though Vandre might eat you for his lunch, he’s not the most talkative. I got them to join the way I got the rest of the crew to. I either saved their lives personally or found them and asked them to join me. I needed the numbers after the last crew was killed by Vints.”

“Vints?”, Illvani was not familiar with the terms, “Either way, I’m sorry, they must have been as close as the current members”

Sebastian nodded. “Yea Tevinters though Vints is more an insult than an alternative term. Learned it from a merc named Iron Bull I sheppard across the Venefication Sea a couple years back. His group the Bull’s Chargers were like the landbased versions of my Reapers.Though, I don’t have a cross-dresser on my payroll, must be an odd experience on cold nights. As for closeness we were kind of close, but back then I was just another member of the crew under Captain Hilgard, now I’m the Captain.”

“What would the Tevinters want with you?”, Illvani stopped and looked at him raising her brows. In the circle she had to hear a lot of the chantry preaching of how inhuman and horrible those of Tevinter Imperium were. Why would they want anything to do with those horrible people.

Sebastian shrugged.
“Pirates are pirates, no matter where they come from. The Vints are just magical pirates, they wanted our bounty plain and simple, but I got a few survivors from the crew including a Knight-Enchanter.” A sudden baby cry stopped the man’s words followed by a woman’s sultry voice. “And a family oh Captain, my Captain.” A scantily-clad woman with blue hair (https://i.imgur.com/7g2xph8.jpg) carrying a small wailing male child emerged from a hut that had enchanted baubles hanging in the windows. The woman was beautiful and the outfit she wore was barely a bra and a breezy skirt with the opening going all the way up stopping just short of her small clothes. She ignored Illvani and kissed Sebastian on the lips handing him the baby who turned from crying to cooing happily as he saw the Captain and reached for him. The man released the Half-Elf and took the baby making funny faces for him. “Hmm how could I forget you and little Aeden here, Juliet, my Tevinter gem.”

Juliet smiled fondly then looked at Illvani her eyebrow quirking.
“Hmm a new girl I see. Hello my dear I’m Juliet Aquinas.” She offered her hand to the new woman.

“Oh!”, Illvani said narrowing her eyebrows. She didn’t know what to make of the situation or what to feel, but she decided it was rude to ignore the lady. She shook her hand, “Hello there. You must be the Captain’s wife? You have cute child.” She looked at him strangely, wondering why would the man be fooling around when he had a family to take care of.

Juliet let out a rich rolling laugh patting the Half-Elf’s hand gently studying her pretty face more closely.. “Thank you, my dear.” She smiled looking at the Captain. “She is a cute one Sebastian. You simply must keep her around, maybe even bring her by my tavern tonight.” She took Aeden from the man and pulled aside the right wrap of her bra and placing the squealing child to her breast to feed. “I couldn’t be seen married to this philanderer, young miss. It would be positively scandalous. But he is quite the fantastic lover, and my little boy adores him like no other.” She leaned in and kissed Sebastian again before smirking and pulling back. “Besides, I have one child already I needn’t bother with a bigger one, no matter how cute he is.” Despite her words there was great fondness and affection in Juliet's eyes as she returned to her hut.

“You sure have fans”, Illvani twisted her lips and nose, “Should I expect more? I don’t want to stumble on anyone’s feet or anything.”

Sebastian chuckled watching Juliet’s ass bounce away before answering Illvani. “I have many friends, besides I love kids. But don’t worry there’s only three children on the island, none of them are mine as far as I know.” He winked at the young woman and finished leading her to the Herb hut. The door was open and they could see Emmy bustling around with a red-headed woman (https://i.imgur.com/ymq0eST.jpg) chatting back and forth and carrying sacks of herbs around the hut. He nodded to her and knocked on the wooden wall. Alerting the women inside. “Hey Emmy, Silvia found you a helper!”

Emmy looked up and smiled broadly.
“Oh hey Illvani, sorry I kinda abandoned you, but it seems your survived the walk over. Come on in. This is Silvia LeMarques, she’s my Assistant!”

Illvani nodded. So many new people at once- and most of them were women. And probably spent the night with Grimm, at least once. She had to stop herself from giggling seeing the clear pattern, “Hello”, They walked inside and she studied the workshop. The equipment here was decent, but nothing too fancy, “You brew things here, Emmy?”, there were many schematics and a lot of books and inks. The room smelled of candles, indicating people worked in through the night. It sure was a fascinating place to work in, “Can I help with anything? I just feel so useless right now, seeing everyone doing what they need to do and I don’t even know what I’m suppose to be doing- I don’t want to be a dead weight, and… I kinda need a good distraction”.

Emmy was probably the only one who heard the story about Karl and the Templar Gabrielle. It was indeed hard to lose a close friend who was almost like a brother. Emmy knew at once what was bothering Illvani.

Before the She-Elf could respond Sebastian let out loud sneeze and groaned. This hut always made him sneeze so he backed out blowing his nose on a handkerchief. “Guess you’re good now, I will leave you in Emmy and Silvia’s capable hands. Saorsa and I will decide on your permanent role later. Be sure to show her the rest of the colony ok Emmy?”

Emmy nodded taking Illvani’s hand and pulling her inside.
“Yes Ser! She’ll be staying with me and the Twins ok?” It was a much a request as a warning for the man.

It wasn’t lost on him, but still he smiled and winked at the women.
“Hmm good to know.” And with that he left.

Silvia let out an audible breath of relief, before looking at the new girl studying her up and down.
“Best check to see if you still have your bra and panites. He’s been known to steal them right off a girl’s body.” The woman had a dry sense of humor, but she was sure Illvani knew of the Captain’s ways.

Emmy shushed the human girl and handed Illvani a checklist hoping to get her mind off the troubles she knew her new friend was experiencing .
“Ignore her, he can’t actually do that. Did you do a lot of inventory with the Dalish or the Tranquils?”

“Mostly with the Tranquils. They were much fun to work with. I liked their company and the way they looked at things. I also pity them though… I find their sealed emotions to be such a horrible fate. I know many of them died during the attack on the Circle. From the Dalish- or more to say the Keeper, I learned a few quick made lotions and some oils to be coated on weapons, but for the life of me, I was never too good with making them- but I can help”

Emmy nodded glad to hear Illvani had worked with Tranquils.
“Good to know, I’ll be sure to teach you our system later. For now though Silvy and I are gonna read off the sacks and I just want you to check them off as we go. It’s alphabetical so should be quick and easy.”

“It will be done”, Illvani said and nodded, as she started to address the tasks given to her. She was still unsure about what the Captain, or the Qunari lady had in mind for her, but she decided to make the best impression she could manage in order to improve her odds.

She still didn’t trust them all that much… but they were slowly growing nicer by the hour.

Kris
04-18-2018, 07:21 PM
Illvani stretched her arms as she finally departed the cabin. It was still bright and beautiful outside, and the surge of the sensation of freedom made her simply explore, without giving anyone a chance to review her action.

It was so beautiful. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE6RYpe9IT0) The sun was warm and the breeze from the shore was cool and gentle.

She heard strange whispers among the leaves of the tree above her head, which were much taller than anything she saw back in Denerim or Kirkwall. The feeling of being so free was throwing her back to the time she spent with in the dales. True, there was always a hunter nearby, but as one of the children of the elven people you would have much more freedom than you could ever hope. The forest was your home and you could have explore it as you wished.

Illvani let magic gather in her hands as he eyes brightened. She channeled magic into her feet and as she stepped on the water, ice formed on the water, enable her to walk safely above. She then gazed at the crystalic mirror she made, seeing the colorful fish and other types of sea creatures swimming under.

She then turned to lie down and look at the sky above her. It felt simply good. If only Karl could see it...

She reached her hand up to the sun, marking trails on the clouds over head, amusing herself with possible shapes they created.

She was content.

SikstaSlathalin
04-21-2018, 04:25 AM
As Illvani lay content on her little ice bridge watching the clouds the eyes and voices that had been following her solidified into the form of an older woman (https://i.imgur.com/kKRLEAv.jpg) cloaked and carrying a tall staff with a cluster of amethyst gems set in the head. She moved with great care and stealth and just stood at the edge of the small river watching the young mage.

This was Lady Cristo and she had heard there was another mage that had found her unfortunate way onto the island. And she was as young and pretty as the boar of a Captain liked, but she hadn't fallen to the man charms...yet. Maybe she could be saved from the fate, or at the least be made able to set the undying brute on fire for a few seconds. Lifting her staff she banged it firmly on a rock getting the girl's attention. "Such a waste of mana, surely they are training you young people better than this nowadays."

Kris
04-21-2018, 08:00 PM
There was a frightening Templar at the Gallows, by the name of Cullen. He scared many, but he seemed kinder in my present. He told me I remind him of someone, but said it was impossible for us to be linked. He told of a name, Surana- and I explained my whole family tree and how said person was a distant relative. Which was hard to guess, since she was an elf, and I was somewhat human looking.

He was surprised as he realized I was connected to the elf and smiled gently. When I asked about her fate he grew all grim and sighed.

I decided not to push further on the topic.

Illvani's magic broke loose at the call of the woman, which made her realize she had fallen semi asleep. The ice faded under her, and soon a splash of water hit her face as she fall in.

Damn, she should have been more careful.

She gasped as she started to swim for the shore and once on land, she started to remove some of the clothes she wore in order to warm herself up.

"I was careless!", Illvani said as she shivered, setting a fire up, "It's been a while since I felt so… free!", she studied the woman carefully, "But why so strict?, this isn't the circle right?", she looked at her somewhat puzzled.

SikstaSlathalin
04-24-2018, 04:06 AM
*Grimm*

The Captain took the most roundabout way back to the "island office." He liked checking up on his people. He knew them all by name, and many of them by bedroom habits. Sometimes he wondered why he didn't have any kids. Maybe it had something to do with being him, hard to kill but unable to have kids. Maker knows it would probably break the world if Sebastian passed on the Grimm gene of not dying easily.

He could possibly take over the world if he ever did have any. But until then he'd keep his options open, and right now he needed to meet with one of his favorite options. Saorsa and he needed to dice up the loot and figure out what to do with their new stowaway. The office doubled as his First Mate's quarters, it was the only building actually on the beach. It was two stories and made of carved wood and stone the first Captain built it from the wreckage of ships or other debris he gathered from the beach. When he brought the Tal-Vashoth onto his crew she gravitated to the house saying it reminded her of her Teacher's home. And Sebastian always being more a fan of living among the tree let her have it and moved back into the small hut by the waterfall near the back of the jungle. Kirkwall was all stones and chains and misery, one of the things that drew the man to life as a pirate. Being away from places like that.

As he approached the office he saw the Saorsa's blinds were drawn, but he saw her shadow moving around her studio room on the second floor. That meant she was changing or at the very least partially naked, this put a spring in the man's step and he power walked through the bottom door and up the narrow steps leading to the oxwoman's apartment. Normally he'd use his master key and just let himself in, but he'd be nice this time. Taking a few seconds to make sure his clothing was evenish his cleared his throat and knocked on the woman's door. There was a melodic laugh then she shouted through the door to him.
"Really knocking on my door for a change Captain? It's open come on in."

Sebastian chuckled and twisted the knob letting himself in. As he hoped Saorsa was just in her bra and panties her fine gray skin glistening with the heat of the room, she was seated at her large desk doing some of the calculations of their loot. He never understood it, but she liked it really warm in her room. Entering he tossed his hat onto the hat rack and likewise with his coat, he's spent many nights in this room and the former Tamassran always insisted on him cleaning up after himself so he did good to keep his stuff in one spot. The man sat on the bed chuckling.
"Yea I knocked, thought I'd be nice this time."

The woman snorted looking up from her writing.
"Trying to earn points already huh? Well you'll have to wait we have work to do. So make yourself comfortable and get your head on straight."

Sebastian smirked and nodded to the woman pulling his shirt and vest off hanging them headboard and sat back nodding.
"You should really open a window."

Saorsa smirked back winking at the man.
"You like seeing me like this don't start complaining now."

*Cristo*

The old mage quirked her eyebrow and sent a wave of cold towards the young mage enough to silence her and disrupt her attempts to make a fire. "Girl we're on a tropical island, let the sun warm you. And I am strict because we are on an isolated spit of land with no help coming when some silly young mage decided to toss magic around. One spark and you'll set this entire place ablaze, freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose. Gather your clothes, and follow me."

The woman spoke with such an authority and control it was obvious she was a former Magister and also someone with a great deal of magic and experience. She turned and began walking slowly back to her cavehome a short ways from the river.

Kris
04-24-2018, 11:59 AM
Illvani's brows twisted upward with a surprise but she decided not to protest. Not because she was afraid, but mostly because there was something about this woman that made her recall of her keeper.

Keepers were the elders of each dalish clan. There was an aura about them that represented authority and power. The noble keepers will say little and act with words of hints- like their understanding of their elder gods.

Illvani followed her in silent without asking further questions. Hoping that the lady will allow her to warm her clothes or give her a chance to change out of them.

SikstaSlathalin
05-07-2018, 03:06 AM
*Cristo*

The old Magister led Illvani to her home cut out of the natural rocks of the island. From the outside it looked like nothing more than hole in the rock, but once the older woman pushed passed the ingeniously made door that mimicked the rock perfectly. The inside looked like it was taken right from Val Royeaux, polished stone floors, carved redwood walls and all the amenities from the mainland. Cristo let out an annoyed sigh and pulled her cloak off hanging it on a peg in the wall and ran her fingers through her silver streaked hair. Hang your clothes on the small clothing horse outside, it's hot today so they'll be dry in a few minutes." It was as much a request as an order, then the woman moved around her little cavern apartment gathering ingredients for tea.

"So what's your name girl?" She asked politely glancing over at the Half-Elf.

Kris
05-12-2018, 12:15 PM
The sight was incredible. The colors scheme, the architecture- everything was designed the way it should have been proper to the city of Val Royeaux, the capital of Orlais.

https://i.imgur.com/BDNXUiN.jpg

From her studies, Illvani learned much about the famous capital city, but the beauty before was sure more impressive than the sketches or pictures in her book. She felt as though as had stumbled right into the winter palace. Who knew magic could make such a thing and even sustain. No wonder people were so afraid of the art of spells.

Illvani was so awe stroke she nearly ignored the woman's question.

She collected herself as a crimson line appeared on her pale face, and coughed slowly. It was inappropriate to make someone wait for an answer, "err.. Illvani Tabris", she said, focusing her eyes on the old lady for it was also inappropriate to not get into eye contact when running a conversation, "This is very impressive, madam ... ?"

She wanted to get her name from her, and although she didn't sound Orlasian at all, the decoration of the place made her think it will be proper to address her the way Orlasians do, instead of calling her "ma'am".

SikstaSlathalin
05-12-2018, 02:25 PM
The Tevinter quirked her eyebrow setting the little kettle of hot water on the fire to boil. "I am Lady Marion Cristo of the House Cristo in the Tevinter Imperium, so milady is the proper term Ms.Tabris." The older mage moved to one of the wardrobes along the west wall. Opening the tall doors she pulls out a strange outfit (https://i.imgur.com/oFPZQCS.png) and handed it to the young woman. "Here you may wear this until your clothes are dry and you might as well keep it. It's a Qunari outfit meant for a young woman, that idiot Captain gave it to me as a peace offering for being such an unabashed scoundrel. But I would never be caught dead in it."

Leaving the outfit in the girl's hands Marion returned to tending to her fire her joint making her walk a little stiffly. It was very rare for a Magister to seem less than the originals that once ruled the entire world, but mayhaps it was testament to the woman's true power. She could rend the meat from a person's bone before they could even lift a hand in anger to her. She wasn't worried about a thing.

Kris
05-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Illvani nodded as she held the outfit before her. Seeing how... "revealing" it appeared to be, she understood why the Lady took offense- The lady carried herself with the gesture of royalties- meaning, given something as common as this, was a serious insult. Illvani however, was a guest here- and she got both received both hospitality and a gift, meaning that even if Illvani found the outfit scandalous it would have been rude to refuse- and by so she decided to change into it.

She pointed at one of the rooms, "Will it be allright for me to enter this chamber and change?"

The woman, who seemed still annoyed nodded in agreement and Illvani closed the door behind her as she started to remove her wet clothes. She quickly changed, and enjoyed the sensation of the fabric. She knew certain materials held rare powerful qualities to them, and realized the fabric must have been of such kind. So while not offering much coverage, it did provided some sort of enchantment or protection to it. If so, the clothing would be costly or expensive, but they did show more skin than what Illvani was used to have about her.

The captain was playing a dangerous game with this "peace offering". She didn't know what kind of offense he did against lady Cristo to be forced to give this outfit, but he clearly meant for it to be a double edge sword with a hint of mischief. The fact he was still alive was surprising. There was no way for the lady to not be offended by this, even if he could have claimed that she could use the matariels to sew different outfit. The fact he was not turn to stone or burnt down could mean few things: a. attacking him now would have been considered a rebellious act against all people in the island and they would have turned against her too, b. that she did try to attack, but one of his close companions dashed for his rescue. Probably the beautiful Saorsa- it might have also been her clothes or c. that lady Cristo actually likes the captain...

Hmm...

Illvani considered it for a moment. The captain was not hard on the eyes. In fact he very handsome, and he probably could have his way with the women and Cristo, as strong willed and powerful as she is, was still a woman.- And maybe it was hard for even Cristo to resist him..

Still, according to Emmy, the only woman who actually stood a chance with keeping the captain interested was probably Saorsa alone, and that was because she was accepting of his behavior and expected different things from him, that normal women would like in a relationship.

Truth be told, Illvani still felt like Saorsa was antagonizing her, but she admired the woman still. She was beautiful, brave, strong... and free...

Illvani stepped outside the room, realizing she took too much time dressing up- she could guess by the way the lady was eyeing her.

"Thank you for the outfit", Illvani smiled, "Green and red are not exactly my colors- I hope you won't be offended if I dye them later- but they are very comfortable, you have my thanks".

SikstaSlathalin
05-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Lady Cristo studied the girl closely. As she suspected the girl was a pretty young thing most likely meant to warm Sebastian's bed sometime in the future. But her being a mage was an interesting change, Grimm, like most men from Kirkwall had a deep mistrust of mages and if Marion wasn't Juliet's aunt he likely wouldn't have let her stay. And if Juliet wasn't pretty and willing to be a sex toy for the Captain none of them would likely be here. Marion was a Magister and Juliet, while she hated using magic was still an Altus and had deep training in the ways of Magic.

And as she looked at this awkward Half-Elf girl it was likely she was in nearly the same boat as her niece. Though Illvani here seemed more scared than sultry, likely a virgin. Either way it would be nice to have another practicing mage around to amuse herself with. As the girl asked if she'd be able to dye the fabric later Marion shrugged taking the whistling tea kettle off the fire and pouring two cups for them. "The outfit is yours to do with whatever you want girl, if it wasn't mildly enchanted I'd have used it as kindling for my fire the morning after the lout gave it to me. Use it as your normal outfit, use it as night clothes, cut the legs off and make a swimsuit or lingerie out of it I don't care, just don't forget to put your other clothes outside to dry, I've no desire to mop my floor. Now I don't like anything in my tea, but there is ewe's milk and sugar on the table if you want to add it to yours. It is simply Ferelden black tea, robust, but lacking in all the wild spices and such the Orlsians and Antivians add to their drinks."

With that Lady Cristo picked up her cup and took a seat by the fire stretching her legs out wincing slightly at the stiffness, but once she was settled she stared contemplatively into the fire sipping her tea. "So what's your story child? I take it from your wide-eyes awe at everything you've either lived in a Circle your whole life or came from the Dalish into a Circle."

Kris
05-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Illvani wasn't used to such luxury. Even though the kitchen was always open and available in the Gallows the students usually tried to stay away from the eyes of the templars, which often roamed there- and by so only had a quick warm drink in the night or morning during official meals.

She decided to add some milk and then hung her clothes by the fireplace. She then took one of the empty chairs and set by the respectful old lady, "This is a rather long story- I won't bore you with the details- I came from Denerim but I recall little of the place. I had spent some time with the delish, but only as respectful guest... even this I will highlight as I was not welcomed there. I was later forced into the circle, but not for long", She nodded as she drank the tea, "You seem to care a lot for the uses of magic- Were you an Enchantress? Or maybe Grand Enchanteress?"

SikstaSlathalin
05-12-2018, 10:35 PM
The older woman snorted taking another sip of her tea. She knew Southerners were ignorant of how things are in the Imperium, but hearing it always made her eyes roll and her head shake. "In a sense I suppose a Grand Enchantress would be fitting, but things are different in the north child. I was a Magister and once I was even in the running to be Archon. In the ancient days of the Imperium it was a supreme rank above the Grand Enchanters, but now they are as separate as night and day. I care for the uses of magic because it is not a power to be played with lightly."

The woman's face became unfocused as if she has had this conversation so many times it had become quite tiring. While your Chantry and it's Circles are mostly pointless and impotent it has a few good ideas, namely every mage needs to watched and magic should not be used without training." She sneered her lip up slightly rocking her foot lightly eager to move past the subject. "An Alienage, a Dalish Clan, and a Circle Tower. My, my, it's a wonder you've even made it this far. So tell me, how did you make our wonderful Captain's acquaintance? He save you from death or something?"

Kris
05-19-2018, 03:11 PM
"Not exactly…", Illvani rubbed the back of her head as a red line appeared on her cheeks, "I invited myself on his ship. It was rather uncalled for, but I wanted to keep my head", she looked at the old woman and then dug her gaze at the ground, "I know it's not an excuse but that's all I cared for at the moment. I lost everything there and then- and I thought once I'm strong enough I can go and search for my mother… and from then…", she shook her head, "I didn't thought that far ahead… They started to butcher us like worms- even the little ones".

Illvani then raised her head and looked at the women, forcing her to stare at her glowing eyes, "Magic needs to be observed, true, but no one should take the job of a reaper and decides who is to live and who is not- They are not gods!".

Illvani then got up, and rested her hands on the chair's handle, "Why did you leave your kingdom, Lady Cristo? It sounds like a good place to be, where magic is feared yet respected!", Illvani gave a sad smile, "I'm kinda envious… though I've heard the treatment for elves is even worse- I'd probably wouldn't find my place there too, but you?", Illvani tilted her head, "You are strong, you held position and title… Why did you leave it all behind?"

SikstaSlathalin
05-21-2018, 01:10 AM
Lady Marion sighed draining her tea. This girl was buying so heavily into the "Elves are the only victims mentality" of the Dalish it was somewhat astonishing. But when she related how she came to be onboard the Reaper the former Magister could only give an amused smirk. "I left Tevinter, because my countrymen tried to wipe out myself and my family while we sailed aboard looking for artifacts and trade. So I came here for nearly the same reason you did child, to save my head. My enemies in the Council thought I had been holding onto my seat for too long, and with my only possible heir, Juliet being uninterested in taking it over they thought it best to hire pirates to kill us and make it look like a normal accident while some puppet they wanted took over for me."

She stood and went to pour herself another cup of tea. "But Sebastian stumbled upon our ship being attacked and after seeing my niece's bare breasts after a pirate had ripped open her robes he practically swam over himself to save her, I was just part of the package deal of Juliet and Aeden." She laughed sardonically at how easily her hot-blooded niece ran to the bastard's cabin to show him her appreciation. "But even after his intention and reasons for saving us were obvious his crew fought valiantly by his side." She returned to her spot by the fire. "And despite how much I hate Sebastian Grimm I can't help but admire the loyalty he inspires in the others by simply being the first crazy bastard into any fight. Everyone on this island owes him, but he owns no one and in truth he can barely keep himself in line let alone twenty some other people on an isolated island in the middle of the sea. So the loyalty is very strong and daily dalliances with different women aside, he respects and treats everyone with some modicum of respect."

Kris
05-22-2018, 09:51 PM
Illvani rubbed the back of her head, "I get it- The captain has his up and down side, but it's hard not to see this whole Island as one big Harem for him, you know. Still it seems that the women around him approve of him, and his men trusts him. I think I will add my share too, while here".

Illvani stared at the woman. Maybe it was the bright light of the fireplace, or the fact the sun was slowly disappearing from the sky, but she saw Lady Cristo in a whole new light. A women who had her share of pain and hurt, and a woman who had a strong believes and powers of her own.

"What would you expect me, Lady Cristo?", the half elf looked at the woman, "I'm sure the others will not approve of me being solely devoted to magic studying, and I would not want it either. I think I've finally gotten a semi freedom and a new start in my life. I would like to contribute what I can while I'm here, but you obviously will require my time for magic too. In that case what should I expect of you? and what would you expect of me? Would you train me? will there be others to be trained with- "

SikstaSlathalin
05-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Lady Cristo look through the cave seeing the gleam of evening beginning to cover the small island. It was too late in the day to begin anything, and besides it was up to the Captain and First Mate to figure out Illvani's place on the crew. The older mage finished her tea then placed the cup on the table besides her chair. She waved her hand dismissively.
"That'll be for tomorrow child, Sebastian and Saorsa are the ones who decide who does what. Though being a Mage you can take comfort in the knowledge you won't be shoveling ram shit with Vandre or working the tannery with Shep. My work usually has to do with using magic to rebuild damaged structures, or playing School Matron to the three children who live here. Thankfully that doesn't take long, so you'll be continuing to learn about and practice magic. I have a few tomes on the subject that came with me from Tevinter, they're on the bookcase by the door feel free to take some with you. As for anyone joining us, my niece runs the tavern on the beach, so she only join us in the mornings to go over physical exercises and basic magical practice." She stood up from her chair and motioned for Illvani to follow.

The Magister walked towards the door and plucked two hefty tomes from her tall bookcase and handed them to the Half-Elf, One was titled "The schools of magic and practice" and the other was "Walking the Fade". "Here I'm sure you know most of what is between these pages but those two books are the basic level all Tevinters start from. Read them as you please and take care of them, the Captain is borderline illiterate so we don't get many books coming to our shores. Now it's getting late and I'm sure you still need to find a bed and get settled in, Sebastian or Saorsa will seek you out with your job either tonight or in the morning. Either way my day begins shortly after dawn, Juliet and I meet on the south shore to exercise and go over basic spells like Flashfire, Barrier, Weakness, and the like. Simple sparring mostly, but dress comfortably and in layers. As for what to expect from me...survive and I'll make you a force to be reckoned with for even experienced Templars. Your clothes should be dry now and I bid you good night Ms. Tabris." Marion opened the door to her cave and saw Emmy sitting on a rock by the entrance making a crown of flowers.

Lady Cristo quirked her eyebrow and sighed.
"Emmy, as I've told you before. You can knock on the wall if you want to come in, I won't burn the skin off your bones."

The slim Elf woman smiled sheepishly and bowed.
"Yes of course Lady Cristo, I just didn't want to disturb you and Illvani. I was just sure you'd want peace and quiet talking with your new apprentice." The young woman stood stiffly with her head down and her hands clasped in front of her playing with the flower crown shyly.

Marion sighed rubbing the bridge of her nose. Even being free of the Alienage for a few years Emmy instinctively shrunk back in the meek City Elf demeanor when she thought she was in trouble. And despite telling the girl time and time again to keep her head up it still happens, Marion just let it's go now. She had slaves and servants in Tevienter and knew how to handle them.
"Thank you Emmy, that will be all. Be sure to stay close to Ms. Tabris, she doesn't know the island well-enough to walk freely through it." With that the Mage waved her hand and extinguished the torches outside her home then went back inside leaving to the two younger women alone in the twilight.

Emmy waited until the Magister was gone before looking up and gifting Illvani a sad smile.
"Sorry about that, she just scares me. I made this for you." She smiled and handed her new friend the flower crown before looking over the Half-Elf's current outfit rubbing her chin. "Well the Captain will love that."

Kris
06-03-2018, 12:39 AM
How long did the poor Elf waited outside? Illvani was taken aback, but not fully surprised. There were still fresh memories in her mind of her time in the Alienage. These sort of events where an Elf would wait for hours outside a lord’s room, holding clothes, or food trays was a thing she recalled like a bright light, but still, she felt sorry for her. True, Lady Cristo was rather terrifying, but not to the point where Emmy could not have stood up to her if she wanted to. Plus, the Captain would have probably backed the Elf up.

Regardless, it was not her place to re-educate anyone. She let the weight of the flower crown fall upon the top of her head. It felt silly, but somewhat… nice… She didn’t recall Elves being so friendly with her, despite them being part of her life. Even her own mother was strict and showed a very measured gesture of kindness. She was sure it was something Grandmother must have rooted in her- A behaviour suited for the Dales.

“Thank you, Emmy”, Illvani grinned, reaching up her hand and touching the flowers, “Are you sure it will be proper to go like that and meet with the Captain?”, Illvani soon realized that she may offend the Elf and quickly corrected her words, “I mean I like it, I’m just… making sure… I may need to change the outfit though”, Illvani shivered, realizing she may draw unneeded attention with this outfit.

Emmy smiled softly giving Illvani a hug. “It’s ok, the Captain isn’t one for formality, you can go see him wearing a burlap sack covered in shite and he’ll still try to bed you. But it’s better if you just let him or Saorsa come to you rather than going to them. I did that once and the situation I found going on in the First Mate’s apartment was...unsettling and it stunk to the Golden City and back.” She shuddered taking the half-breed’s hand and leading her towards the treehouse. “Come on, Ash and Mel are eager to meet their new roomate. They’re arguing about if they should make you Keeper of our little Pirate Dalish Clan or not.” She giggled wrapping her arms around Illvani’s and hugging close to the taller woman.

Illvani now was extremely curious as to what the poor Elf saw in the apartment, but decided not to inquire further, “A Keeper? I’m extremely honored, but they should know I was only a second, and that was granted as personal favour because of my mom. And should a shem really be allowed to such holy title?” Illvani chuckled, “Plus I’m sure Lady Cristo will have much to say about that.” They walked some more distance, “Do both of them belong to the people?”.

‘The people’ was a title known among the elves to refer to ancient heritage of elves, or the ancient elves themselves.
Nowadays it was used to describe someone from the clans in the wild. Illvnai wasn’t sure if Emmy was familiar with the term, but if she was not, she was more than willing to explain.

Emmy nodded looking up at the dancing orange lights of her and the twin’s home.
“Yea, I forget what their clan name was, but it was wiped out in the Fifth Blight so they’re the last ones, and me being an Elf myself even a City one they wanted to try and make a clan again. They’ve talked with a few of the other Elves on the island, most were girls from Alienages like you and me,and it’s funny but they all said yes. We call ourselves the Wave Walkers. But none of us have magic so we don’t have a Keeper.” The young Elf was getting excited talking about their little Elf family among a colony of pirates.

“Well, it is a surprise to me. I was not very welcomed in elven society, even if spent most of my life with them. To the Dalish I was a Shem and the people in the Alienage I was good as human. Some of them wonder why I didn’t just left to live with them. I could just pass as one after all. I think this got on their bad side. Some were kind, but some were envious to the point of being really mean and nasty. I’m so glad to see the people here are more kind and accepting”, Illvani looked ahead, as they finally reached the pack of trees, which all of them had craving and building around and into the branches, “Impressive!”, she said, “Do I really have a room all of my own up there?”

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/f/f4/Officialbasin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150331012504

Emmy nodded leading the girl to the bottom of the winding ramp that climbed around the large trunk of the first tree and up high to the porch of the treehouse. “Yup, the last one on the left.” She pointed to the far room overhanging the beach. We didn’t intend to make more than three bedrooms, but we had so much material left over that we added one more bedroom and even a small room where we enshrined the Dalish Gods. Your room isn’t huge but it’s cozy and it has the best view at night. You can see the moon from dusk till dawn most times of year.”

The women walked up and around the tree Emmy idly ran her fingers along the many carvings she and the other Elves made on the trees as she went up. “We know you didn’t have a lot of clothes, so Mel and I gave you some of ours to wear or make your own from. She’s a bit bigger than you and me, but between hers and mine hopefully you can find something that won’t attract too much attention from the men.” She giggled leading Illvani to the door, she turned the handle and pushed it open breathing in the rich smells of the treehouse. “Hey Mel, Ash we’re home!”

The twins got up in identical movements and Illvani held herself from laughing. Aside of few choices of hair style, and make up, it was almost hard to recognize one from the other, at least not right away.

“We heard about you, Keeper chosen!”, the male was the first to approach, even though he had to push his sister away, “Ashahra Ahlen from the clan of Alerion”, he said and pounded his chest with his fist, his sister soon followed suit and stood beside him, “Just call him Ash, I’m Mel!”, she waved and Ashahra shook his head, “This is my sister, Meleim, but you can address her as commoners do, and call her Mel”

“Stop being so mighty and proud, so what if she is a guest. If you think she will address you with such formality you are mistaken”

“Nevertheless, it is worth the try and effort!”

Illvani chuckled, “I’ll address you both as you would like. I heard of your clan. I have known a friend from that same clan, Merrill was her name!”

The twins stared at each other and then looked at Illvani, “So the rumors are true!”, Ash said, “You indeed spend time with the Dalish. You are fully recognized as one of us, the people, might I assume you were also a part of the proud clan of Sabrae?”

“You are right. A second to Keeper Marethari-”, Illvani saw the glow in their eyes and was hesitating to speak the next part, “But it was mostly a favour… They didn’t fully see me as one of them, but they were gentle and kind”.

Ash chuckled.
“Yes the Sabrae are a rare sort for that. Well I’m sure Emmy told you our own little Clan here is short a Keeper. And we’re by no means a traditional Clan so a shem….” A glare from his sister forced him to change his words. “A Mage such as yourself will be a welcomed leader if you want it. In the meantime come on Emmy will show you to your room.” The man smiled lifting Illvani’s hand and kissed it winking at her before walking back to the sitting room.

Illvani smiled. She never truly held such position in which she was so welcomed and wanted before, “I’ll consider it Ashahra Ahlen of Alerion”.

Ash chuckled, “You know what, that title does sound extended. Ash will do, but only for you”

“Noted!”, Illvani said as Mel moved in behind her back and whispered in her ear, “I think he likes you!”, she ducked for a moment when he throw a towel at her direction, “Your aim still as poor as ever, brother!”, and she ducked again as another towel was thrown at her, this time she returned the attack.

“Let’s go!”, Emmy said pulling Illvani with her to the room she wanted her to sleep in, in the background the brother and sister laughs echoed as the two playfully continued to attack each other, “You’ll get used to them”, Emmy chuckled.

“I like them already!”, Illvani’s eye glittered as her eyes switched colors. She enjoyed the feeling of having a family again. It has been a while since she felt this happy.

Emmy was right, the room was indeed small, but the view from the porch was bewitching. It has been late but the half elf could hardly sleep. The events up until now seemed so unlikely and crazy. She moved her hands over the wooden rails as she took the night air into her lungs. The moon shone pregnant above her head, and the waves were clear and mesmerizing as foams hit against the shore.

It was then at that moment when she recalled Karl’s face.

She experienced few flashbacks. She recalled how she shook his dead body, hoping it will get him back to life. She recalled the face of the templar she once called a friend, aiming her bow to take her own life. And then she recalled Gabriel’s arrow which hit her chest.

She fell to her feet, grabbing her chest, as if she had been hit again. She hit her fists against the wooden floor as tears fall down her cheeks.

“I wish you were here Karl”, she said slowly, “These people are wonderful. They would have been a good family to you… Karl… you should have been the one to be here… You could have been a great keeper to them”

She looked at at the moon, “Maker, if you truly exist you are twisted. Your plans for us do not make sense. You torment us, but for what? Your priests and mothers claims that you have a goal, a higher aim. But what of it, if you make evil go loose. The elven gods were just as bad, but they were not as hypocrite as you are. They toy and do bad things with lives for their amusements, they do not claim to have higher cause, like you do… Why did you take them all from me? Even if you did brought me here- this does not compensate for everything else you’ve taken away… for all the horrible things you made me experience and suffer… and yet… why do I still hope… you still have a plan!”

Illvani got up and leaned on the rails “Why do I still hope?”

“Cause hope is the only thing we have to cling to in a world gone mad.” A soft female voice said behind Illvani, Saorsa was standing at the door to the Half-Elf’s new room dressed in the same clothes she wore on the ship, but with a long battlemaster’s coat on over her shoulders.

Illvani gasped, as she felt the heart beat fast in her chest, “You heard me?”, she said surprised, her eyes glittering for a moment, before the light vanished from them, “I didn’t intend for anyone to hear this. It was uncalled for, and somewhat ungrateful. Forgive me for showing a moment of weakness”.

The Qunari woman chuckled waving her hand dismissively. “Don’t worry about it, it’s not a weakness to have hope or be caught in prayer. Sometimes it’s all we have to work with. Your roomates let me in. I think they’re playing drunken Wicked Grace, Ash answered the door in his smallclothes and practically falling over himself in the process. Not bad to look at, a bit small for my liking, but then again once you’ve bedded a Qunari male everything is a bit small, but Sebastian does come close.” The large woman stayed in the doorway leaning against the threshold studying the other woman closely. “So how’d you like your first day as a pirate?” She asked crossing her arms under her bust.

Illvani blushed crimson. The last thing she wanted to hear was how big was the captain’s member. She coughed softly, “It was… not as I thought it will be!”, she chuckled softly, “I always thought pirates were different. I never even knew they have their own community they run with, and this place feels so great, like family!”, Illvani placed her hands over the rails, “The air here is amazing”, she looked at the qunari, “We never had a chance to fully speak. I’m surprised, I was sure you’d be the last person to check in on me. I know I didn’t make the best of first impression back there.”

Saorsa shrugged slipping her hands into her long coat’s pockets.
“We’re unique among pirates, most you come across are every bit the savage cutthroats you’ve heard about. That’s mostly because none of us really wanted this life, it was kinda forced on us. As for me checking on you, it’s better that it’s me or the Captain would invite himself to your bed under some guise or scheme. As for not making a great first impressions it’s ok, most sane people would’ve reacted about the same when in your position. I’ve dealt with all kind of people both as a pirate and as a Tamassran, I know people aren’t always what they seem on first impressions. May I be seated? We have some official business to go over.” She smiled watching the Half-Elf.

“Err… yes!”, Illvani nearly tripped and fall. She almost forgot this was her room now. Scanning the room, as if she was not there for the last hour, she looked for anything that would be suitable for the first mate.

“So… Hmm… What is a Tamassran?”, she asked while pulling a wooden chair closer and then moving another one for herself. She set while placing both hands on her knees, her back straight and her chin up. Her manners were just too unlikely for someone who lived on the run, but apparently she got a few noble manners.

Saorsa chuckled sitting down in a much more relaxed manner her arm hanging over the back and one of her legs kicked out in front of her. “Well that’s a little bit of an involved answer to someone who isn’t familiar with the Qun. Basically they’re the brain of the Qun and the de facto rulers. They’re all women who decide who breeds with who, take care of the children and the disabled, provide psychological counseling and rehabilitation to those overwhelmed by stress and mental fatigue. This includes granting sexual relief to Qunari in need, and they…help with the re-education process.” She rubbed her chin then shook her head forcing all the memories back. But as is the way with the Qun they only rules as much as the rest of the system.”

“Relief? Sexual relief?”, Illvani opened and closed her mouth few times before she could look at the woman’s eyes, “Did you agree to it?! How old were you when you… hmmm…?”.

Saorsa let out a low laugh shaking her head waving her hand motioning for the girl to calm herself. “That’s not how things work under the Qun Illvani, we get assigned our jobs at age twelve and are expected to stay in them until death. No one is ever really given a choice, I did my first duties around thirteen, usually it’s a good life, but no system is perfect.”

Illvani scratched the back of her head a moment before exhaling, “Well, I’m sorry. It sounds rough. How were you able to leave your post then?”

The large woman winked placing her chin in her hands and leaning forward some.
“A fevered night with an Antivan Crow and a ship headed for Ferelden. But enough about me I came here to talk about you. Now I’m sure you’ve met Lady Cristo, she’s the only other Mage on the island and both the Captain and I believe you’ll best serve the crew as her assistant so she doesn’t burn Sebastian alive in his sleep and when we leave shore you’ll be brought along as our resident Magical Consultant and Fireball thrower. How’s the sound?”

“Honestly?”, Illvani sad expression turned into that of a smile, “It sounds lovely. I expected worse. I have dealt with a stern Keeper before, and with a very strict knight commander. I’m sure we will be fine together. Eventually… Wait what did you said about the burning part? I was pretty convinced she only joked about it and never pulled it off?”, Illvani gave a nervous chuckle.

Saorsa chuckled shaking her head. “Sebastian is one tough Free Marcher, while she never did it in his sleep. She did set his pants on fire one night when Juliet and baby Aeden were staying in her home while theirs was being built. Sebastian in his usual horndog way had invited himself into the woman’s cave drunk out of his head and mistook the Lady’s bed for Juliet’s. He hopped in behind her and when he grabbed her hips to begin the foreplay Lady Marion awoke and without a sound cast a fire spell.” The woman was barely containing her amusement as she told the story. “None of us had ever seen the Captain sober up so quickly nor scream so loudly as he did that night. The Wolves in the hills joined him in howling and Lady Cristo in one night became the only woman Sebastian has ever been afraid of. He gave her those clothes you’re wearing the very next day and couldn’t even bring himself to drop them off in person. He sent Emmy to do it.”

Illvani chuckled so hard, she even surprised herself. When was the last time she laughed like that, “I can’t believe it. How can he be so comical and so respected at the same time?”, she wiped tears of joy from her eyes, “Are you not bothered by the fact he is wooing all those women while being in a relationship with you?”

Saorsa let out a slightly snorting laugh. “Oh lackaday girl, we’re gonna have to break you of this innocent young woman outlook. I’m not in a relationship with Sebastian at least not the one I think you’re hinting at, we’re friends with benefits more than anything, I just keep him from annoying all your other girls night and day.” She got a serious expression on her face. “In fact I don’t think Sebastian has ever had a serious relationship.”

“And you are okay with it?”, Illvani had a sad expression as she looked at the qunari, “I had a few friends like that… I met them in the circle. They would met men, and then pretend to never even know them. They were always so lonely… and now I pity him too, he probably can’t find his own direction in life as well”

Saorsa shrugged, she thought the same thing, but trying to talk about anything serious with the Captain that wasn’t ship business was very difficult.
“Like I said I’m used to unattached sexual relationships so this is kinda normal for me. He just needs someone to give him a reason to leave the life of a philandering pirate. No one here is really that stable and with a Templar/Mage war on the horizon it’s unlikely we’ll find anyone. Closest might be Juliet, but she likes him as a player more than a husband. Though she has called him her baby’s father a number of times so who knows.”

“I know”, Illvani smiled, “He was very different when he stood beside her and her child. It looked like a family picture right then and there. I hope they both find happiness, for it seems he really has a touch for the child”, Illvani then got up, “Are you planning to leave for the sea anytime soon? I really want a chance to know the others and thank them. I think it’s the least I can do”

Saorsa stood up and shrugged.
“Yes, me too, Aeden’s actual father was part of the group that tried to kill her, Marion and the baby at sea. So the kid will likely need some kind of father figure in the future. As for when we set sail again no clue, we have to dole out loot, supplies, and do any repairs on the Reaper before we head out again. But if Captain Grimm gets the urge he’ll wake us up at dawn and set out to sea, though being away from his land based Harem does take its toll on the old hound. He’ll probably pay Juliet a visit tonight and maybe Silvia, he also might come sniffing around your treehouse, but just throw a bucket of water on him and he’ll leave you alone. But if you’re not going to sleep anytime soon you can come down to Juliet’s tavern on the rocks above the beach. Most of the crew hang out there.”

“A father risking his child and forcing his family away… nobles are idiots sometimes. I feel sorry for the little boy, but I’m glad the captain is willing to take responsibility”. Illvani then thought for a moment on the offer. By all common sense she had, she should have refused. It was late, and no decent person would walk outside to get drunk. What’s more, she hardly had a capacity for strong drinks or tolerance at all. But the offer was so inviting, and besides, she was not in her own town anymore. If she was hoping for some change, she needed to grasp those opportunities when they come knocking at her door, or in Saorsa case, just appearing out of thin air, “I’d come, but I will need you to watch my back”, Illvani scratched her nape again, “I’m not exactly… err… a good drinker”, she gave a nervous chuckle.

The First Mate laughed padding the girl’s back lightly. “Don’t worry, myself and Esmerelda will keep you safe, but luckily if you get too drunk Juliet has beds in the back of the taven for you sleep it off. Might wanna change clothes though, it gets a little chilly down on the beach at night.” She lifted her heavy coat for emphasis, while she didn’t have anything less revealing than Illvani’s Antaam-saar, but her battlemaster coat made up for it, by looking big even on the large Qunari woman and being made of fine heavy leather. She smirked at the sounds of the other three Elves still drinking and laughing. “You can probably even just slip out without Emmy or the twins even noticing. I’ll wait for you out here.” And with that the First Mate left Illvani alone to change if she wanted.

-Somewhere else-

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/1/16/Phylactery.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140215131634

The Phylactery been held by gentle hands, as the holder kept looking around itself, making sure no one followed. It’s been some time since the war between the templars and mages started and since the event that took place at the circle or Kirkwall.

The object shone, but very briefly. It meant that the person it belonged to was very far, but still alive. This gave the person a new hope.

A hope to finish something that has began in motion.

In the open field, and with the breeze of the sea, the hooded figure tucked the vial back under the robes and removed the hood, allowing the flowing and rich blond hair to be swayed by the wind.

“Gabriel!”, called a boy behind her. Not much younger than her, but less trained.

“You don’t need to shout!”, she answered softly, “With your voice you may end up the dead in the sea, and I will be forced to kill them again”

“Are you really going to kill her? Didn’t you see what became of Meredith? She was tainted, her intention impure and-!”

The woman grabbed the boy by the collar of his shirt, a small blade removed from under her sleeves, “That’s knight Meredith for you. Respect the holy that are not with us”.

“Gah!”, the boy fought her off, and fixed his clothes, “I’m only following you to make sure that no one else will be hurt. You promised that she will be the last one, and after this, you will stop this madness. Settle down… and-!”

“I will kill myself”

The boy’s eyebrows raised in a surprise, “What?”

“I will end my life, with theirs. I’ve killed my friends. It is no question of moral deeds. I know that I am right. They were the devil tools, as Meredith said all along… But I am no god. And with their death, I will finally end myself as well”.

The boy shook his head. It has been some days since he started to follow the lady templar, avoiding the fighting and riots on the roads. He knew she was not right in her head for some time now. Losing both the Mother Elthina and Knight commander Meredith, was a harsh blow, but even he didn’t expect her to be so obedient. While she took the life of some mages, she certainly didn’t kill them all, however she was really fixed on this lady named Illvani. She even stole her Phylactery right when the attack began, as though expecting the girl to survive. She made it so that the fate of the half elf was her responsibility and he could only guess for the reasons.

Despite it all, he decided to follow her for he remembered better days, when she was happier and life was simpler. She was wanted for her crime, so obviously aiming for a last coup was ideal. Still his own wish was to wrinkle that damn thing off her hands and break it, forcing her to finally remove herself from this stupid crusade.

Alas no such opportunity presented itself… yet… and so he followed her in silent, hoping this madness will end soon.

SikstaSlathalin
06-23-2018, 12:27 AM
The First Mate laughed padding the girl’s back lightly. “Don’t worry, myself and Esmerelda will keep you safe, but luckily if you get too drunk Juliet has beds in the back of the taven for you sleep it off. Might wanna change clothes though, it gets a little chilly down on the beach at night.” She lifted her heavy coat for emphasis, while she didn’t have anything less revealing than Illvani’s Antaam-saar, but her battlemaster coat made up for it, by looking big even on the large Qunari woman and being made of fine heavy leather. She smirked at the sounds of the other three Elves still drinking and laughing. “You can probably just slip out without Emmy or the twins even noticing. I’ll wait for you out here.” And with that the First Mate left Illvani alone to change if she wanted.

The merry sounds of cheers and drinking echoes some distance before they entered the tavern. It was a very nice big wooden hut by the shore, with round tables outside which allow view at the sea.

The cold breeze was a refreshing change to the hot air of the afternoon, and a lot of colorful lanterns were hung on ropes, decorating the palm trees and the roof.

“It’s lively here!”, Illvani smiled gently. She was dressed in a simple azure sleeveless long toga that lingered on her body, and golden sandals which were tied all the way up to her knees. Her black hair was loose and cascaded down her back.

Saorsa chuckled with a nod.
“Yea, this is the only social place on the island so most everyone comes here at night. Even Lady Cristo on occasion.” She waved to Juliet who was behind the bar dressed in an even more revealing outfit than before. It looked be barely be a bikini now with a loose skirt hanging from her wide hips. The Mage waved back smiling at Illvani. “So you brought the new girl! How wonderful..” She eyed Illvani’s outfit choice approvingly openly admiring the girls body. “I compliment your choice of attire dear so what kind of drink can I tempt you with?”

“Well… I don’t usually drink so…”, Illvani slapped on the counter, “Surprise me!”, she smiled.

Juliet smiled shaking her head.
“Oh you really are cute my dear. I’ll be sure to have Sebastian invite you to our bed sometime soon. As for a drink we make our own here, so how about a nice breezy rum with some fruit juice?”

Illvani gave a soft uncomfortable giggle to the idea suggested by Juliet, but as she wasn’t willing to turn her into an enemy over such small matter, she brushed it off. I AM NOT GETTING IN THEIR BED her head screamed as she smiled, “Yes, rum… breezy? Sound… okay I guess, I like fruit juice…?!” What’s the worst that could happen from a juice?

Juliet looked at Saorsa who smirked before slipping away to join the rest of the crew around the fire pit. The Mage hummed softly and began mixing the drink with some pineapple juice and orange juice. “So how do you like our little island so far my dear?”

“It is… beautiful”, Illvani looked mesmerized as her mind wandered off to the sight from her balcony and the pretty looking river she spent the morning at before Lady Cristo disturbed her, “I can really fall in love with this place… At first I thought of it as another prison, but it’s really a change of air here”

Juliet smiled some more and handed the Half-Elf her drink complete with a little umbrella.
“Hmm yes indeed, I’ve been many places in my time, but this definitely one of the best. And safest. How about the people?” She chuckled listening to Ogmar challenged Vandre to another drinking contest. “Not the same stuffy Scholars you’re used to from the Circle eh?”

“I wouldn’t know. I hardly got along with any of them, and if we exchanged some words it was mostly because there was a need for it. I didn’t care much for most of them, aside of my direct instructor, some Templars... and a friend of mine… who is no longer with us…”, Illvani said looking somewhat upset. She turned to sit on the stool, as she looked at the direction of the others that gathered in the small tavern, “They seem to be having fun… How long have they been together?”

Juliet hmmed softly and tapped her chin.
“About three years now, closer than most families from Tevineter I can tell. How’s your drink?”

“How do I drink?”, Illvani said in a startle, as if awaken from a dream, “with a cup?”

Saorsa couldn’t help herself from bursting into laughter.

“What?”, Illvani asked, “Did I say something wrong?”

The young bartender laughed pushing the fruity drink she made closer to the confused young Half-Elf. “Here dear have a sip of your drink it’ll help you focus.”

“Okay." The poor Half-Elf moved the glass to her lips, “bottoms up”.

She instantly choked as she felt like her throat was on fire, and held herself from throwing over the drink, “OH MAKER! WHAT IS IT?!” She still coughed while savoring the taste. It was sweet, but somewhat bitter too. It was strong. Far stronger than anything her Keeper used to drink (and what she would have sneaked some tastes from).

The whole beachfront tavern lit up with raucous laughter. Juliet almost dropped a glass from her sudden laughter.
“That was a Sea Breeze my dear. Just a shot of our high powered island rum and some fruit juice. Are you ok?”

“I think I’ll live…”, Illvani blushed like a tree light up in a fire, “Wow, I sure didn’t expected it?”, she watched the crowd around her, unused to the attention, “Was I this bad”.

“Nay”, said one of the dwarves, “It was worse than Ogmar”

By which he got an elbow to his ribs from the Dwarf he mocked. “Don’t be a fool, show the lassie if you are so into this, aye?”

“Humph”, he said grabbing a big wooden tankard and placing it in front of him, “Fill!”, he barked.

Without saying another word, Vandre moved in to take a spot by the table, also placing his giant cup.

“I’m not letting that ox be in this without me!”, Ogmar set his large stone mug in as well.

“Might as well, have at it”, said Shep, while getting somewhat suspicious eyes as the known noble man decided to join in on this placing his silver Templar chalice down.

“My goodness!”, Juliet chuckled, “Okay everyone, bets are on, and don’t any of you try to weasel out this time. I may not do magic much anymore, but I will take a page from Lady Cristo and set some of you fire for welching.” Illvani laughed, eased to not be in the spotlight, but also comfortable with the idea of joining a new social gathering.

Just then the door of the tavern swung open and Sebastian entered.
“Now I know you sods wouldn’t dream of having a drinking contest without me, would ya?”

Vandre chuckled kicking a chair out besides.
“How long were you waiting outside to use that line Captain?” Vandre’s voice was very deep and sounded almost demonic.

The Captain winked taking his jeweled chalice from the busty young Rivani girl Juliet hired to be her drink server. Sebastian grabbed the girl’s hip and pulled her in for a deep kiss, the server was barely eighteen by the looks of her, but she turned to goo in the Captain’s embrace and looked ready to faint when he pulled back. “I walked up right about when Illvani had her first drink, so what are the stakes tonight boys!”

Ogmar and the other Dwarf, Kramser pulled out their coin pouches and fished out ten gold pieces and dropped them on the marred old surface of the table. Shep and Vandre called and dropped their own ten pieces. Captain Grimm laughed and did likewise. “Starting low huh well alright.” He looked back at Juliet. “Oh my wonderfully sexy Tevienter jewel bring us five Skull Juices!” The rest of the tavern cheered and Saorsa moved back to Illvani’s side followed by Esmerelda. The former Crow snorted drinking her drink slowly watching the Captain. “He’s gonna throw up all over himself again.”

“That sounds bad!”, Illvani remarked, getting sick from the idea of someone throwing up in such a good place, “Also, I cannot believe the Captain remembered my name?”, she said surprised, “Juliet, I think I need another drink, I can take it! Honest!”

“Now, now sugar”, Esmerelda said moving closer, “Start with this, no need to go over the top right at the start”, she pulled a soft liquid which smelled like berries, “You start with this and go up, they serve pretty heavy stuff here”, she waited for Illvani to take full sip and smiled. “How is it?”

Illvani choked, “Oh Maker… it’s good”.

“That’s more like it, build up an appetite and then you go full meal.” Esmerelda poured another fill and turned to fill her own blue glass cup.

“You gonna drink softly tonight?”, Juliet teased.

“Just you wait, mighty empress, I’m just warming up”, she winked.

“Me…”, Illvani hiccuped, “me too…”, the juices were already drawing some effect as she felt her body growing warmer. She thanked the Maker for not wearing extra clothes tonight, “Don’t… don’t stop”

Esmeralda giggled as she filled one more cup, glancing at the boys. A tiny Elf joined in and a female Dwarf sat by the round table tossing their own coins in.

“You want in on the bets Julie?”, Esmerelda asked and the Tevinter smirked removing a lovely locking pearl, “I had one of the men dive this one out for me, but I’m willing to part from it for a good show, what about you, sweetie?”, she looked at Illvani.

“I… well…”, she felt somewhat dizzy, having at her second cup, “Well… damn it’s hot… I need leaves”

“Leaves?”, Saorsa asked surprised, enjoying her fill of strong drink swilling it around her obsidian tankard.

“Leaves! And flowers!”, Illvani was on the gush of bubbling stuff under her breathes, “We make nice lovely tiara, yes… for the prettiest of them all! And we place it on their head, and dance with ribbons”.

“Okay girl, that’s enough”, Saorsa said, trying to take the cup from her.

“No”, Esmerelda laughed, “Let her have her fun.

“Yesssss”, Illvani hiccuped, “Fun… we can all have tiaras… and matching… matching… matching… something…”

Juliet laughed as she looked at the far table. Everyone seemed to finish their fourth round. Shep, surprisingly enough, keeping up with them all, while the Captain already had an absurd goofy smile on his lips.

Saorsa laughed watching Illvani.
“You are gonna be feeling this night tomorrow kid.”

Esmerelda topped off the Half-Elf’s cup.
“I’ll need to steal some more of this from Bulka’s stash.” Luckily the female Dwarf was seated on the far side of the tavern watching everyone get drunk while she sipped her cold brew. She had taken off her fancy coat and was just wearing a short corset while she chatted with a bookish looking human woman.

“Ohhhhhh… This stuff from herrrrr…. I seeeeeee”, Illvani swayed left and right as she got up, and moved about, all the way to Bulka. She stood in front of her and place the cup on her table.

Saorsa closed her eyes sighing, “What is she doing?”, she looked at Esmerelda.

The Duelist was holding back laughter crunching over him stifling her loud laughs.
“She’s gonna get the sobriety smacked into her.”

“We… We need to steal… yes?”, Illvani said, her eyes looking straight as she addressed the dwarf, “So… be silent… so we still, yes?”

“I beg your pardon?”, Bulka said as she looked at the Half Elf, like a three headed dog, “What do you want girl?!”

“STEALL!”, Illvani said, pounding her fist on the table and knocking her glass over in the process, “We need to steal… we need more of your drinks… your drinks are soooooooo fun”.

Bulka looked over her and saw the laughing women at the bar, “Why you!”, Bulka quickly stood up, the sudden motion causing Illvani to fall over herself. Bulka looked as mad as she was confused, but Saorsa decided it was time to save the new girl. Finishing her drink she put the cup down and punched Esmeralda in the arm who couldn’t hold back her laughter any more and busted out laughing.

The Qunari woman smiled and picked the drunken Illvani up in her arms.
“Esme is the thief of your family’s Berry Cordial. Bulka, beat her up.” She then carried Illvani out as the combined victorious shouts of Vandre winning the drinking game and Bulka chasing after Esmerelda filled their air. The First Mate couldn’t help, but smile and shake her head. “Like living with a band of pirates.”

Illvani smiled as she closed her eyes, “It’s fun”

Saorsa carried Ilvani back to her tree house. She could hear the giggles of Emmy and Mel as well as Ash’s snores. She knew they were doing something they would regret in the morning. And as she quietly entered the building she saw the two women were drawing things on the male Elf’s face. They were all too drunk to notice the Tal-Vashoth so she quietly slipped into Illvani’s room and put her to bed. “Good night kid.” She whispered gently before exiting.

Illvani in her drunken stupor had lost track of much, but once the large First Mate left her first thought was it was way too hot in here. Clumsily climbing out of bed she stripped out of her clothes and kinda fell back into her bed completely naked. The sweetness of the drink churned in her belly, but the blissful effects kept her from worrying too much about it.

Soon in her half drunk and asleep state she heard someone enter her room, but once again couldn’t be bothered to worry she would really need to get some more of Bulka’s drink. Soon a warm body slipped into bed besides her and instinctively the drunk Half-Elf hugged the mysterious figure. Mumbling a weak, “Karl” before the figure joined her in cuddles followed by kissing and other forms of touching. Eventually it all just became a weird dream of heat and pleasure.

Morning couldn't have arrived sooner as rays of light escaped into the living room. Illvani gently got up as she felt something heavy on top of her. As she stretched her arms, she noticed another body…

A delicate, soft, and by the touch of it naked body.

oh boy

She soon learned that she herself had been naked as well.

oh maker

She slowly tried to pull the blanket over herself, as she peeked at the body.

And then a scream escaped her lips.

Emmy jumped off of Illvani and banged her head on the shelf above the new girl’s bed. She let out a low groan. “Not so loud Ash c’mon.” The blankets fell away from her naked body as she looked back at her bedmate. “When did you get breasts Ash?” Emmy asked drunkenly poking Illvani’s breast.

“EMMY!”, Illvani cried, “Why are you in my bed?! And naked?!”. Illvani started to recall the dreams of the previous night. First she was surprised with herself. Even though she and Karl were close, they kinda consider themselves as siblings… but to have dream of him as something more… and to think that something more might have been done with another girl…

Illvani blushed, “Don’t tell me it’s something you do with Ash, and you just confused him with me? Or maybe it was Mel? Or… oh Maker's breath?”, Illvani pulled on the blankets further, unbothered by the fact it caused the Elf to roll off the bed.

Emmy was slowly becoming sober and realization swept over her. Her face reddened and she quickly climbed back into the bed covering herself with the covers and scooting closer to Illvani.
“Where are our clothes? And...and we never done it, though he is very handsome and one of the few Elves on this island...with any kind of stamina. Why are you naked?”

“.... this is awkward…”, was all the Illvani said, before she sighed and started to laugh, “You have nice body”, she said getting up and pulling the covers over herself, pulling them away from Emmy in the process.

“HEY!”, Emmy protested as she tried to cover herself with her arms.

“My room, my rules”, Illvani stuck her tongue out, “Besides, you assaulted me in my own bed, so there”, she winked, moving to the pile of clothes on the ground and tossing it to Emmy’s direction.

“Pfft, you made the first move!” Emmy blushed fiercely. “You cuddled me first!” Emmy quickly grabbed her clothes and dressed.

Illvani laughed, “I did not!”, she started to get dressed, “Goodness, I’m feeling sticky, is there any lake around here? I can’t bear my own smell, I think all the liquor stuck on me along with...”, she looked at Emmy and coughed, “Sweat…”

Emmy nodded feeling gross herself.
“More...than...just sweat...I think. You’re quite the gusher.”

Illvani threw a pillow at her friend, “Oh shut up!”, She laughed, “We are so not speaking of this! Now then, a clear water source if you may?”

Emmy nodded she’d need a bath too tossing the pillow on the bed.
“Yea, yea, follow me.” She blushed smiling some more. “At least we don’t have to worry about pregnancies with just us.” She can’t believe she just said that. “Maker, I’m no better than Sebastian now.” She began walking towards the door.

“Sebastian”, Illvani teased, “What happened to ‘captain’? Hmmmmmmmm?”

The full Elf blushed even deeper and punched Illvani in the arm.
“You hush, or I’ll drown you in the lake.”

“BAHAHA!”, Illvani laughed, “So you can assault me there too? No thank you!”, Illvani smirked, “You guys are having so much fun around here. I’m not even used to such behavior… speaking of which…”, Illvani halted, “We gotta go and bathe and do it extremely fast… or….”, she swallowed thinking about Lady Marion Cristo’s expression, knowing it was already late morning in the day and she was probably waiting on Illvani appearing at her doorstep by now.

Emmy shuttered, she knew Lady Cristo’s policy on punctuality.
“Yeah, she won’t be happy, but...but maybe I can heal you if she turns you into a frog or something.” The She-Elf giggled softly and opened the door only to let out a terrified squeak.

“What is it?”, Illvani moved forward, still wearing lingerie and the moment she saw the old woman she halted, “Lady Cristo!”

The Magister was dressed in a short tunic and sandals and her steel colored hair was done up in a no nonsense bun. Her heavy cloak wasn’t present and for the first time Illvani could see the hard muscular body of the aged mage and a deal of scars and burns. She really was a Battle Mage. She crossed her arms over her chest and studied the two young women, without even a word she knew the whole story.
“So instead of getting to bed early like I told you. You got drunk and had sex with the ship’s healer.”

Emmy withered slightly looking down wrapping the small jacket she borrowed from Illvani more around her lithe and still sticky body. Illvani coughed. She didn’t like to hear that she had done something so “inappropriate” and “nasty”, but stuff probably happened…. But still defining it as “sex” seemed a little too much, mainly when she started to think as Emmy as a sister…

Oh, oh.

Karl was a brother to her. Was she getting into some weird fetish being among these pirates?

No, of course not, she really only saw Emmy as friend and sister, and everything else was alcohol and her thinking about Karl… lovely….

Illvani snapped back to reality when the Tevinter coughed her eyebrow quirked up like a Schoolmarm waiting for an explanation.

“Please, milady, forgive me for today”, She said, her answer was done without any explanation. That never worked with the Keeper, so it will probably not work with the lady from Tevinter either, “Allow us to just get clean and I’ll go straight to your house, honest”.

Marion shook her head pointing to the sun.
“I won’t be there, I have to begin the children’s lessons as I always do at 10 in the morning. I suppose I’ll have to take this up with those who allowed you to drink yourself stupid.” She glared at Emmy who only shook her head. “No mistress, it wasn’t me she was at your Niece’s tavern last night. I stayed home and played Wicked Grace with Ash and Mel all night. Please forgive us.”

Lady Cristo’s annoyance was already high, anymore and she would likely lash both girls bloody. Taking a breath she pointed a warning finger at Illvani. “You have used up your one free pass girl. The next time you fail to follow my instructions I will run you so ragged you’ll need a ship just to carry you to your bed. And you Emmy, you know better than to get so drunk you wind up sleeping with someone you know you shouldn’t!” She let that sting hang in the air, she and Emmy both knew the event she was referring too.

Illvani looked between the women and felt sorrowful. Even if the lady wanted to warn her, it felt like she was playing a nasty card. Something which made Emmy feel uncomfortable and made Illvani feel sad for her friend.

Emmy nodded weakly. “Yes Mistress Cristo, it won’t happen again.”

The Magister nodded rubbing the bridge of her nose.
“At least with you in her bed the Captain will stay away from ruining my student. Get cleaned up, find a way to make yourselves useful, and stay out of my sight for rest of the day understood?”

Emmy nodded curtsying some.
“Yes Mistress.”

She then looked at Illvani.
“Understood Apprentice?”

“Yes, my lady!”, Illvani said immediately, and without looking back she grabbed the arm of Emmy and pulled her to the door, “Please just lead us to where we can bath, we need to talk”

Emmy nodded and took hold of Illvani’s hand keeping her eyes downcast as they moved past the scary Magister.

“So I think I simply confused you with someone I cared about… while being drunk and all…”, Illvani splashed some water on herself as she dove in once again in the small pond.

Emmy was seated up to her chest in the shallows running her fingers through her hair. The water doing wonders for hiding her tears at the tongue lashing she and Illvani just got.
“Yea, you said Karl a few times I think. Even while we...were…doing things. But I thought you didn’t do any of that in your Circle?” She asked scrubbing her skin pink her voice wavering slightly towards the end.

“We… didn’t… It’s weird… I never even saw him as… as someone… to do such thing with… this is all messed up… drinking is sooooo weird…”, Illvani started to rub her own skin, “So… what was it about that snide remark… the one Cristo hinted at?”, Illvani then hushed, “I mean you don’t have to speak about it if you don’t want to… it just… sounded bad… are you okay?”

Emmy looked at her friend the tears now falling freely. She shuttered pulling her knees up to her chest. “It was cruel...but...but...she meant well.” The City Elf was fully crying now her body shaking some. “It was from before I joined the crew. I...was...running from the Blight...that had just...killed my family. Seeing their faces…haunted me...and drove me to drink...a lot. I wound up on the docks following some man who had promised to give me a bed and a job. I...was very drunk and he...attacked me…again...and again. It...was horrible and it lasted all-all night.” She sunk into her body crying quietly as she tried to keep herself up.

Illvani lowered her head. It sounded like a horrible experience. While she heard of the fates of other females from her small alienage suffering the same fate, she evaded it many a times, and got to keep her purity. Emmy looked so different, she almost forgot the fact that she too, was an Elf from a human city. She moved closer and hugged her, “I’m sorry… How did… how did Lady Cristo learn of this?”

Emmy leaned heavily into Illvani her body still shaking with tears.
“She saved me. It-it-it was one of the few times she came with the Reapers to-to the mainland. Ap-p-parently she had unfinished business with Tevinters who tried to kill her and her family. She had t...tracked them to that same….brothel...I was taken to. The….man...attacking me...was Juliet’s h-husband and Aeden’s father.”

“Maker…”, Illvani bit her lips, “Human trash!”. She wondered if Juliet knew of this. Knew of how her husband behaved. Well obviously she knew he was bastard enough to try and kill her Aunt but still.

Emmy nodded slowly. “She used some...Horror spell...to drive him...mad...and then gave...him..the d-dagger he used to slit...his own...throat. Said it...was...the Tevinter way.” The memories of his animalistic screams tore through Emmy’s mind and made her shut her eyes tight and cling to Illvani.

“I’m sorry”, She kissed the top of her head as she stroked her hair, “I’m sorry. If it means anything, I won’t let you suffer this again. I won’t allow my friends to suffer ever again”.

In her mind Illvani envisioned Gabriel looking down at her. She was reliving her pain of two arrows hitting her, and the cold dead stare of Karl peeking at her from the depths.

Not again… never again…

The rest of the day was spent with two girls drinking tea. It was far safer than ale at this point. Plus both their heads and bellies had little tolerance for anything else than relaxing herbs in hot water.

And so they spent all day in their hut in the trees playing wicked grace without booze and making healing potions, before heading early to bed.

SikstaSlathalin
07-08-2018, 03:32 PM
(bump)

Kris
07-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Morning came by faster than Illvani liked it to. The "day off" she was given was a refreshing new start, and she quickly dressed up, knocking on Emmy room's door to wake her up. She watched the elf yawning as she stumbled, powerless to her clothes and got dressed.

Illvani kept urging her to be quicker, not wanting to give Lady Cristo more ammos to shoot at them.

Once the two girls were ready, they walked outside and headed for the direction of the Magister's school.

It was a surprise seeing a lot of faces so early in the morning. Illvani already started to recall few names by this point. They were all hard working men and women, helping each other in big utopist island.

"So... what the general rules here?", Illvani asked, "Who is in charge? do we have judges here? members of guilds higher ups? mayors? - suppose someone had something to resolve with another, or someone is committing a crime? what happens then?"

SikstaSlathalin
07-20-2018, 08:16 PM
Emmy shrugged carrying her Herbalist's bag across her chest. "That sort of thing begins and ends with the Captain and First Mate. We aren't all part of the regular seafaring crew, but we are all technically members of the Kharon. Even Lady Cristo, we all signed a charter the whole deal and like all other ship's crews the Captain and First Mate set the pace around here."

She turned down the path leading to the beach where Marion and Juliet would be meeting for their daily exercises. "Luckily though there aren't a lot of issues that don't get dealt with on their own. People have fist fights some yelling and that's about it. Our rules are pretty simple too, don't steal, kill, or betray us, don't be stupid in port, and don't bring anyone back to the ship without the Captain or First Mate's permission." The She-Elf brought her friend to the beach and waved to Lady Cristo and Juliet who were dressed in just short tunics and sandals. Lady Cristo's was a rich purple with black hems and Juliet's was a simple seafoam green. While the tavern owner smiled and waved back the former Magister simply looked on with a stern face. Emmy couldn't hold the older woman's gaze and just gave Illvani a quick hug before continuing on her way to her Herb hut.

SikstaSlathalin
08-14-2018, 07:05 PM
(Illegal bump >.> )

Kris
08-17-2018, 12:14 AM
Illvani watched the elf leaving her side, as she turned to look at the elder magister, “I am ready to start my training, Lady Cristo”.

The Magister hmmed quietly studying Illvani closely. “Well at least you’re making use of that outfit I gave you. Come we must start with stretches.” She motioned for Juliet to lead the way and with an obedient nod the pretty tavern owner led them to a secluded lagoon perfectly hidden among the a rocks.

It was a somewhat rough climb, and by the time they reached the beach they would be plenty warmed up, but Lady Cristo was just beginning. She kicked off her sandals and began weaving magic. Juliet run her through the stretches while I put the wards up.”

The younger Tevinter nodded kicking her own sandles off. “Yes ma’am, lose the shoes and come with me dear.” She said softly walking towards the center of the pristine white sand beach rolling her shoulders out as she walked.

Illvani panted and cleaned sweat off her cheeks and forehead. She knew she was much more physically fit than this lame climbing, but the years in the tower probably made her soft. She slowly removed her shoes, and was thankful for her clothes to be so exposed.

“Okay”, she said while heaving, wondering if they were doing this climbing everyday. She looked at the old woman, and felt great jealousy for the fact this woman was in much better shape than her. If she was back with the elves of the forest, they would laugh at her for sure.

Juliet sat down on the beach and stretched her legs out. “Just do what I do Illvani. Neither of us are really healers so we make sure everything is properly stretched out and loose before we do any kind of training. Otherwise we’ll need to bring poor Emmy back and she’ll likely pass out from fright.”

“Yes!”, Illvani moved quickly and set beside Juliet mimicking her movement and following her lead. Obviously it was not as perfect, or as refine, but it was something. Still, she was unfamiliar with this type of magical training. Nothing like this was ever done in the tower, and most of her training with the “Keeper”, were mostly in static form, and in a dream state. She always suspected her greater power lied dormant in the dreams, but she never got to master it before moving to the tower.

Juliet chuckled at the Half-Elf eagerness. “Well you have the enthusiasm part down my dear.” She curled her legs up under her body and began rotating and stretching her thighs and hips. “But this is just the beginning of what Battle Mages in Tevinter do everyday. Lady Cristo did this for decades even when she had a seat on the Magisterium. They put up those wards to keep trouble away usually, but now she just puts them up to keep the Captain and the men from spying on us.” She chuckled lightly rubbing her hands down her arms and massaging the joints.

“Every day?”, Illvani gave a weak smile as her eyebrows lifted up and she swallowed hard, “I would have never guessed….”, Illvani then connected one and one, “Wait a minute, is this the reason we traveled so far up?! You think that the Captain or one of the boys may be nearby?”, she blushed hard.

Juliet laughed at Illvani’s blush and patted her leg slowly. “They’ve tried before, my dear. Lady Cristo hates being watched and Sebastian is a lecher if ever there was one. But I think he’s doing his job for a change today and is planning the next move with the First Mate. He didn’t drop by for a visit last night so that usually means he’s busy. Which is good because little Aeden was very fussy before bed and I didn’t feel like dealing with two children trying to nurse off me.” She smirked watching for Illvani’s reaction to that little dose of extra info.

Illvani coughed and blushed again, “That… sounds… hmm… sorry to hear”, she coughed again, “But at least he is doing well with your child”, she smiled softly.

Juliet let out a rich rolling laugh. “You are just so sweet Illvani, you’ll need to get over that if you’re going to be joining the Reapers on a voyage. But fret not my Aunt will set you right.”

“Join them?”, Illvani eyes widen, “You mean, I would actually be able to travel with them around?”

Juliet laughed again standing up beginning to stretch out her back. “Oh yes, my dear. Sebastian has been frothing at the mouth to get a mage to join the expedition crew. My Aunt would never be stuck on a ship with him and I can’t take my baby out with us and he is too young to be left alone so that hope and dream will fall on your slender shoulders.” She smiled bending down to touch her toes.

“Err…”, Illvani said, not forgetting to follow her guide and reach for her toes as well, “You are okay with this? I mean… You are okay with me journeying with the captain… it sounds like something you’d want to do more”. Illvani was surprised, she was sure the woman would be much more envious than this, “Besides, I am no good to him or the crew right now… I hardly master anything, I was not much of outdoor person… and I’m not easy to talk to others…”, Illvani swallowed, “Aren’t there more capable mages on the island?”

Juliet smiled shaking her head as she moved to twisting her upper body around. “I have no claim on the man, and honestly I don’t think I would want to. He’s a very sweet dog but he is still a dog my dear. I’d pity any woman who manages to tame him, but I’d also be in awe of her. She’d have an uphill battle the entire time. I’m still not sure how Saorsa managed to keep his attention as long as she has. As for other mages there’s only the three of us here that actually have magic in us. And don’t worry about being of use to the crew the First Mate and probably the Captain will find a use for you.”

“Hahaha”, Illvani chuckled, “Although I’m not sure if the use you refer to is something I would like”, she swallowed again, “Oh well, I’m sure Saorsa will keep him busy, she is pretty amazing”, she smiled, following the stretching of Juliet.

The woman chuckled again finishing the stretches. “Sometimes, but even Saorsa needs a break from him from time to time.”

“Stop scaring the girl Juliet, I don’t need her losing focus and blowing herself up.” Marion said returning to the circle breathing a little heavier. “Come we’ll start with running a few laps around the lagoon.” She pointed her finger around the narrow sand beach around the turquoise blue water. Taking a breath Lady Cristo took the lead moving in long loping strides.

“Your Aunt is amazing!”, Illvani whispered between each gap she passed. She tried hard, but couldn’t keep up and had to stop and pant frequently. She didn’t recall herself being that out of practice, but she never was considered a hunter of the Dalish to begin with, “How is it possible to practice like this every… day…”, she heaved as she ran and stopped again to catch her breath.

Juliet chuckled helping Illvani back up before the Lady looked back. “Keep moving my dear or the good Lady Cristo will literally light a fire under you. As for your question, we can do it everyday because we do it everyday. I don’t know if you’ve gathered this, but my Aunt despises laziness. She herself can barely stand being idle and she refuses to let idle people be in her company. She believes it keeps the aches and pains of old age from claiming your freedom.”

Illvani sighed, “This will be rougher than I thought it will be… suddenly heading on a ship sounds more promising”.

Juliet laughed and winked. “That’s the spirit my dear, though the work will still be rather arduous if you aren’t used to it. Everyone works on a pirate ship.”

“I know… I was extremely sick, but I could tell they were almost always on their legs... They are all amazing people”, Illvani smiled, “But when do we do magic?!”

Juliet shook her head motioning towards Marion’s back. “When she says so, but don’t worry we’ll do some magic before the end of this. Now save your breath and keep up.” The three mages completed te laps around the lagoon and after a short water break Marion began leading the two younger Mages through a series of basic magic. Starting with creating a fireball.

Lady Cristo demonstrated. “This is easy so just focus on the heat of the element and will it into existence.”

“Bummer!”, Illvani said as she focused her energy, “Fire was always a bit difficult for me”, she was able to master some form of orb to float from her fingers, but it was somewhat dim, “It’s hard to call on it!”

Juliet did the trick then powered down watching Illvani. But Lady Cristo was leading this lesson so she spoke up. “Focus on the heat all around you, that’s where the mana comes from girl!”

“I am, Lady Cristo”, Illvani said slowly, “I can see the lines, and I know to call upon them, but it was always weaker for me”, Illvani then closed her eyes, “I have stronger connection with the ice elements, maybe that’s why?”

Marion sighed summoning two orbs of equal size from both fire and ice in her hands. “That is no excuse, magic is sheer will over the elements and strengthening your connection to the Veil.” She flicked her wrists and the orbs vanished. ”Focus harder, a Mage who only specializes in one school of magic is doomed to defeat. Picture the ball of fire in your hand, it’s size, weight, the way the colors of the flame blend and dancing around each other.”

“Okay, I’ll give it another try”. Illvani didn’t want to say further, as she knew Lady Cristo will not take ‘no’ for an answer. But even the Keeper was much more understanding, and didn’t nag as much. She knew the fire element was just simply too much. It was brutal and forceful, the kind of energy Illvani never was too fond of. Wind was aggressive yet gentle, and ice was simply her second nature. She decided to try again, feeling the sweat draining down her nape. When she closes her eyes she could see the pathline of the waves of energy streams. She tried to picture it moving slowly around her finger. She felt like her hands were growing hot and she hated it, yet she pressed on. Her fingers felt like burning, and she felt tingling of pain, but she pressed on. The ball of fire grew a little bigger and so did the pain. Once the ball of fire was the size of a large rock, she let go of the energy holding her hand in her clothing, “I can’t anymore, it hurts”, she told the Magister with weak expression.

Marion crossed her arms and frowned slightly shaking her head. She roughly grabbed Illvani’s hand and used from frost to cool the flesh. “The pain is purely mental when you are summoner, you must strengthen your mind if you wish to truly excel at magic.” She stepped back and summoned fire this time allowing it to full engulf her entire arm. The fire made an audible sizzling sound and the Magister’s face remained perfectly neutral her deep unwavering eyes staring deep into Illvani’s. She stood and stared for a few seconds before she let out a slow breath and the fire just blinked out of existence. Her skin did look a little browner, but there was no indication of pain anywhere. “Summon a ball of lightning.” She ordered once again Juliet easily did it, but all eyes were on Illvani again.

Illvani sighed as she cried out, letting both her hands fill with the purple light energy. She knew she had to summon both the wind element and ice one to create the lightning, and the ice appeared at once, like it was a second skin to her. The wind was a little more tricky and needed to be called from outside into her, without the disturbing the natural order of the ice streams. She slowly felt them both mixing together as the energy grew stronger and stronger, a few waves of light growing wild. She bit her lips she tried to gain some control of them, but they refused to be tamed. The energy grow powerfully and while a shape was formed, it was somewhat risky to be close to the girl. Once she noticed the unimpressed expression of old Marion she let go of the energy, allowing it to fade from her.

Lady Cristo nodded softly, she indeed wasn’t impressed, but it’s nearly what she expected from the girl. “You have good raw power and potential, you just need more focus and control. This is why we train everyday. Now do a stable Barrier.” She said and once again she demonstrated snapping her arms out to her side the Barrier crackling to live and sustaining itself for a solid minute before she wills it away.

Juliet frowned a little. The Spirit School was her weakspot, it pulled on life force to be sustained and oddly enough being a mother makes her life force already divided a little between her and her baby. But she mimicked Marion and created a decent barrier but it only lasted for about half a minute before she had to power it down.

Illvani smirked with pride as the barrier snapped around her in an instant, the magical reflected by the light, but it was almost unseen. To untrained eye it looked like nothing happened at all, and that how truly spirit magic was at work. She knew she had a strong advantage in that field, and even her Keeper used to call her “child loved by the spirits”. Her smile then quickly faded as she looked at Marion, waiting to see what kind of bad fault she would find with this casting, but was more relaxed when the last simply nodded slowly. She then let go of the magic, the air around her returned to be stable.

The old woman nodded again. “Good you have potential. Now let’s see how you handle the Entropy School.” She walked a few feet away and motioned for the younger women to face each other. “You needn’t worry about hurting Juliet, Illvani just show us what you can do.”

“Err…”, Illvani was surprised, “What are you talking about? What’s Entropy? And why do you want me to practice on Juliet?!”, she seriously looked surprised, and was unaware of what exactly she wanted her to do, “wait… Is this some kind of blood magic or so?!”

Marion quirked her eyebrow and shook her head. “No it’s one of the four primary schools of magic. At least it was when I was an Apprentice, all types of magic can put into either the Spirit School, Primal School, Creation School, or Entropy School. And from them stem numerous secondary schools like Fire, Healing, Telekinesis, and Hex. Surely you learned some of this at the Circle Tower?” She asked incredulously.

“Some magic was restricted and off limits. The knight commander was not fond of us having too much knowledge, so it could be the reason why I was unfamiliar with this field. Either way, I know I’ve learned certain teachings with the Dalish, that I’m sure all schools were not accessible too”.

Marion sighed nodding slowly. “Yes you Southerners have always been an odd bunch. Well I don’t have time to teach you the Entropy School today so we’ll go right to sparring.” Once again she moved back and eyes the young women up. “Prepare your Barriers, use only spells from the Primal School.” She looks at Illvani doubting she knew most of them. “That’s Fire, Ice, Lightning and Earth child. The last one should be in your repertoire being trained by the Dalish. Sling spells until your opponent’s Barrier falls, then you stop understood?”

Juliet licked her lips she had seen Ilvani’s barrier it was far more impressive than her own, but maybe her skill with offensive spells would be enough. She powered up her Barrier and waited.

‘Sigh’, Illvani moved her head back and forth, as she summoned her skills. At first her eyes glowed in strange manner. By the surprise of Juliet’s face she recalled that the last was unfamiliar with her unique trait of eye color changes, but it didn’t bother her, before long the purple orbs glow in her hands as magical mist of ice surrounded her, she moved closer as she started to attack by lightning, one spark at a time, adding in ice waves to the mix. Juliet was impressive, but her barrier had much too opening. Still, she gave credit for how quickly she used healing spells.

Juliet wasn’t expecting the girl’s fury, but this is where experience would win. Moving around Illvani’s attacks Juliet focused on the ground under the Half Elf and summoned a Stonefist which crashed harshly against the girl’s barrier. She followed it up with a few quick blasts of Chain Lightning.

Illvani hit the ground hard, and the pain surging into her skin was unbearable. In a berserker rage she pushed Juliet away with spirit, adding to it a mind blast before collapsing from too much effort.

Juliet was about to summon a petrify spell when Lady Cristo summoned a Shimmering Shield around Illvani negating the already unleashed spell. Juliet took a breath and nodded stepping back slipping to the ground panting gently. Lady Cristo nodded to Illvani. “As I expected lots of raw power, but little focus.” She waved her hand and used the Fade Shroud spell covering Illvani with a blanket of Fade material, it would help her recover her Mana quickly. “I guess we’ll call it for the day.”

“Err…”, Illvani nodded. She humbled herself in front of the two ladies, but was blushing greatly from rage. Those two were far stronger than most of the people she met in the Circle, or in the Dalish. While the Keeper and the First were keeping her with room to be desired, they always valued the study than the combat. She was indeed too soft and powerless. Yet, she was amazed by the fact they wanted to prepare her for something greater, and allow her to grow. Still it felt like such a big gap to fill. Was the Captain really that in need of that much power by his side? What kind of monsters or travels does he go up against?

“Thank you for today”, she bowed her head to both ladies as she lifted herself up. The magic still worked inside her body, and the recovery has hasted, but that came with a price of painful aching.

Marion nodded. “You showed promise today, hopefully we can focus that promise more. Go rest up and dally with the Healer if you want. Just don’t be late for tomorrow.” With that the Magister began taking down the wards while Juliet smiled handing Illvani some water.

Illvani drank the water, appreciating the fact Marion was okay with her being friends with the Elf until she caught the snide remark she intended and she blushed, “We were drunk okay?”, she said almost with no voice after making sure Marion was out of earsight, “And as much as I recall I still like guys”.

Juliet giggled as Illvani blushed again.

SikstaSlathalin
09-05-2018, 01:10 AM
Ttwo months ashore is enough to drive even the most stoic of pirates a little mad. Though some were already mad, but to Sebastian and the Reapers it's all the cost of doing business. They kept themselves busy, but still everyday the expedition crew would swing by the First Mate's house for updates.

Everyday it was the same story. "We're working on it" And they knew better than to argue with the Tal-Vashoth woman then went about their daily lives. But by the end of the next month the answer finally changed. The crew was heading for Kirkwall to see about playing ferry for refugees and for everyone to assemble ready to go on the dawn of the third month.

The island was a bustle with preparations, and like clock work the crew was ready and waiting.

Kris
09-21-2018, 11:16 AM
"C'mon!", Illvani waved her hands to the Tevinter ladies, as she dashed on the shore, already starting her stretching and flexing her muscles.

Three months was more than enough time for the half breed to remember her source of power and blood heritage, and while the Keeper kept her close and out of the hunter training path, Illvani was still an half elf, which meant she had more swiftness potential than what Lady Cristo gave her credit for.

She was not as agile as Emmy or the elven brothers, but she turned out to out run the humans around her now. She still had weak tolerance to ale, but she was growing to be more friendly and social, frequently visiting Juliet bar, but not daring to stay too late, as to not have the lady Cristo wrath upon her head.

While she still didn't grasp a lot of other magical arts, she could master the basic elements now, and her own specialties grew even stronger. She had far much more endurance, even though Juliet was still stronger in some areas.

Today was supposed to be like any day. Training and then some work to help around the small residence. Illvani started her new tailor hub, nothing too fancy, but was a great way to meet people and have long discussion while she worked on their clothes.

And despite all of this, the only person she seemed to have yet made proper acquaintance was the captain. Either he was busy, or she simply tried her hardest to avoid him, was an enigma to everyone on the island.

Today however the normal daily routine was about to change as lady Cristo had something to announce to Illvani.

SikstaSlathalin
09-21-2018, 05:34 PM
Lady Cristo kept her usual pace watching the Half Elf run along. She'd come a long way in three months, this pleased the Magister though she would never admit to it. Giving too much praise can hurt a trainee as much as too much scorn.

But the girl showed great promise and last night the Captain had came to her home and checked on Illvani. Marion told him what he wanted to hear, but what the Captain asked next did surprise her. He asked the older woman if she believed Illvani was good enough to join the crew and use her magic to help them. It took her a few seconds the answer but she nodded. She knew enough to be useful, but not too much that it would backfire. That was all he needed and just left.

Marion thought about it after that. She would ask the girl what her wishes were. The three of them reached the top of the hill and took their scheduled water break. The mage took a long draught of her water skin and looked at Illvani. "Apprentice, are you aware of the upcoming voyage the Captain has planned?"

Kris
09-21-2018, 06:35 PM
Illvani was still half dazed from their trainings. She wanted to just splash the water all over her, but knew that Lady Cristo would not approve such behavior or water waste. Plus they had still more things to catch before noon, and it was all the water she gonna have until she got home.

"Sure, Shep told me about it!", Illvani chuckled as she recalled the handsome Templar. Bounding with him was very easy, as they both had a lot to discuss regarding the towers of mages. Turned out that life for mages were different in Orlais, even little better than things on the Free Marches. He told her of the planning ahead, and made sure to keep nothing how uneasy Saorsa has become.

"I wish they would have gone to Denerim, I might have asked someone to check on my mom…", Illvani then paused a moment.

She recalled of their discussion three months ago, "Wait a minute… are you telling me, I am planned to go with the crew?"

SikstaSlathalin
09-21-2018, 07:10 PM
The older mage gave a quiet snort at the girl's slow pick-up, but nodded. "Yes girl, the good Captain wants you to be the crew's first Sea Witch was the tern he used, but I think that was more to try and annoy me. But nonetheless yes, you are scheduled for this expedition if you so choose." She paused to take another drink and Juliet smiled giving Illvani a nudge. "Take the chance, my dear, as much fun as life is on this island. You can be a great use to the crew, and who knows, maybe you can succeed in keeping Sebastian from blowing himself up for once. As much as I enjoy his company it does get quite tiring to apply burn poultices to his body every hour when we're trying to make love."

Kris
09-21-2018, 07:53 PM
"Apply… to his body?", Illvani gulped, "err… He gets into trouble a lot?"

Both girl crossed their arms and nodded firmly, a pain expression on their faces as they closed their eyes.

Illvani took a deep breath, she wasn't sure if she was ready, or if she was up to the task.

Juliet spotted her hesitation, "Do you wish not to go? Are you that comfortable within this island?"

"No.. it's not this…", Illvani shook her head, "It is a good place here, and I do want to see more of out is outside, but…"

"But?", Juliet asked.

"What if I'm not up to the task? What if someone will get hurt because of me?"

"Then try harder, and take responsibilities", the old lady snorted.

"Everyone makes mistakes", Juliet started to say, but Marion stopped her, "Yes, and you may cause someone to die if you are not alerted enough… hell, out there you may even lose your life… but you may just find your true calling out there"

The old lady knew she was playing a very hard card on the half elf, but she knew that if the girl will not break out of her shell on her own, no one else will do it for her, "You still have a day to decide… so you better think this carefully…"

"I will", Illvani nodded.

Juliet seemed to want to say words of encouragement but the old lady hushed her, "Let's continue to practice for now, the sun is still high and we have barely started our training"

SikstaSlathalin
10-06-2018, 05:44 PM
The morning training regimen carried on in silence and parted just as quietly. Marion had lessons to plan and young Aeden was teething so Illvani was left to her own devices the rest of the day. Though it wouldn't be for very long because soon she heard a loud whistle and saw the Emmy and the twins approaching her. They were dressed in deep green and carried bows and traps.

Emmy was even armed though her bow was across her back and her medical bag had been altered to work like a backpack rather than a satchel. The Healer walked up and smiled taking Illvani's hand. "Have you heard the news? We're going back to sea soon and the Captain wants you to come along!" Emmy embraced her new friend firmly.

Ashahra chuckled regripping his bow and lifting it up like he's shooting a deer. "And the First Mate wants you to come hunting with us so he can bolster our food stores on board."

Kris
10-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Illvani expression remained unchanged, "Emmy…", She started to speak, but Mel was already grabbing her hand.

Illvani turned to look at the guy and saw that she was placing a finger over her lips. Illvani's eyebrow lifted as she appeared to be puzzled.

"We overheard the hag talking Juli", he said and his twin nodded, "We figured you'd be uneasy about it, everyone are on their first trip. I mean you just got away from everything you know…"

"It's not just that", Illvani said as she looked at her hands. Any wrong move or gesture can put everyone to danger. She was uneasy with the stress from this thought.

"I tell you what!", Ash said, "Let's just go hunt stuff… it always serves as a good stress reliever to me!"

"Really?", Mel said as he chuckled, "I thought sex and booze were more the stuff to get you unwind"

She punched him jokingly in his arm and he let go of Illvani as she started to return the punching.

"I bet I can shoot more than you!", he said.

"You're on. The loser buy drinks tonight!"

SikstaSlathalin
10-24-2018, 11:07 PM
The hunt was indeed a good stress reliever and aside from using some fire to scare the rams into an ambush Illvani didn't need to do any magic. They day rolled on pleasantly enough and the four Elves returned to the store room just in time to help the crew finish loading the rest of the supplies.

By evening the supplies were ready and the crew had packed their belongings. They moved in a line from their houses to the docks. The Captain and First Mate were already there and waiting. The four Elves had come as a group and like the rest of the group they stood at relaxed attention while Sebastian and Saorsa inspected everyone's kits.

Kris
10-25-2018, 09:20 PM
"I'm not sure I packed enough!", Illvani kept ruffling her satchel, "I don't think I've packed enough!"

"It's fine!", Ash stopped her before she would flip and spill the contents of the bag, just so she could do revaluation of what she was carrying.

"What if it's not?", Illvani's face grew red, "What if we are stuck in the middle or no where, with no medicine? or even enough food or-!".

Mel placed her fingers on the girl's lips, "It will be fine, just take a deep breath".

Emmy kept playing with her hair, as she considered what to say to her friends. She seemed to be relaxing while in the hunt, but when push comes to shove, she grew hysterical again with the thought of departing.

"If you want to stay behind... you still can be...", The elven girl smiled, "We are really happy you are joining us"

The twins nodded, "No one understands us like you do, without you it will be less of a family trip... Please come", Mel smiled.

Ash grinned, "If the captain will try something, I will let you know ahead of time okay?"

Illvani took a deep breath, "I'm still not sure about it, but okay... I'll try to master some courage"

"That's all we ask", Emmy nodded.

SikstaSlathalin
11-11-2018, 09:34 PM
"Hey! Come on you four! We'd like to get going before it's totally dark out!" The Captain's voice sounded over their heads with a rolling laugh from the First Mate. Ash gave the man a lazy salute then grabbed his stuff and led the group of Elves to the ship.

It was shortly there after the anchor was brought up and they began their slow and treacherous trek through the rocky graveyard of ships. Saorsa left Sebastian to steer the ship and moved about the ship helping the others get things rolling. She waved to Illvani and Emmy. "Oi be sure you two get your bunks set up before they're all gone!"

Kris
11-16-2018, 09:10 PM
And once again Emmy and Illvani found themselves in the same quarters. Illvani kept getting up from her sit and moving around, while Emmy was busy reading something.

"You are still nervous?", Emmy's question broke the storm that ran though the half elf's mind.

"Yeah. I am still uneasy. Also the ride on the boat makes me want to puke. How long this trip will take anyway?"