PDA

View Full Version : [OOC REBOOT] Calling All Creepsters! [PG-13]

Lady Celeste
10-22-2018, 03:06 AM
RATED PG-13 for action/fantasy violence, mild depictions of occult practices and symbols, mild language, and possible sensuality/nudity.

https://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k622/jaerdaph/Just%20Add%20Heroes/batsignal.png (https://s1119.photobucket.com/user/jaerdaph/media/Just%20Add%20Heroes/batsignal.png.html)
Calling All Creepsters!

Throughout history, humankind has always found something to fear. From the mundane, instinctive fears of fire or the dark of night to the fear of death itself, these fears have manifested as stories of witches, vampires, zombies, and other creatures born of humanity's worst nightmares. More often than not, the more logical side of the human mind is more than happy to dismiss these stories as pure fiction meant to frighten small children, especially in modern times following the development of All Hallows' Eve - better known today as Halloween - into a widespread commercial holiday.

But that's not always true; these same creatures of the night are more real than most people would think. And yet, strange as it may seem, not all of them are as deserving of fear as one might expect. For every Count Dracula or Wolf-Man that terrorizes the world of men, there has occasionally been a good soul who seeks understanding rather than fear, but is doomed nonetheless to be shunned and feared (if not outright hated) by mankind.

That is about to change. This Halloween, the Draculas and Wolf-Men of the world are ready to finally reveal themselves to the world that never wanted them to be real, using mankind's own fears against them to in order to claim the night for themselves.

And by that same token, a handful of those few good souls will stand against them.

Some of them may want nothing more than to do the right thing, even if humanity may or may not accept or understand them afterwards.

Others may have somewhat less selfless motives, seeing this as their chance to finally gain the respect they crave.

Still others may have motives that fall somewhere in between.

Either way, Halloween may never be the same again.

Standard rules include no godmoding, no powerplaying/autohitting, and no content above a PG-13 level. On that note, while not-so-kid-friendly creatures like vampires and demons are acceptable as characters, I ask that the R-rated factors associated with such creatures be ignored and/or downplayed as much as possible.

Some degree of literacy is expected. I won't go nagging you over every little mistake, but if nobody can understand a word you're saying, we've got a problem.

Be as active as possible. If you can't post for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible.

And last but not least, bear in mind that this RP is not meant to be taken too seriously. As such, characters should be planned accordingly.

TEMPORARY RULE :: In order to keep the Halloween-themed teams as diverse as possible, I will currently accept one member of any given species per faction (e.g. no more than one werewolf among the Creepsters). However, if and when we get enough players that diversity in this regard won’t be an issue, I will happily drop this rule at that point.

Click on a spoiler box below to find information on each of the available factions in this RP, as well as accepted characters in each faction.

The Creepsters are a ragtag team of unlikely heroes brought together by the recent disappearance of the Ultra-Force and the subsequent spread of terror by the Legions of the Night. The only problem is that the Creepsters themselves are of the very same species as those responsible for this terror, making them no less shunned and feared than the Legions of the Night. But just the same, whether to stop the evil plans of the Legions or simply to gain the acceptance and respect of their human peers (or perhaps a little bit of both), the Creepsters must now work together to rescue the Ultra-Force before midnight on Halloween night, or the Legions' reign of terror will be unstoppable.

Name: Diana Marie Pendle

Species: Hereditary Witch

Alignment: Good, I guess. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a little mayhem on the side; you would too, if you had all this power and no rules.

Faction: Creepsters

Powers: See the word "hereditary" I wrote in the Species section? There's a big difference between a hereditary witch (I like to call 'em "'reds" for short) and a witch who throws random stuff into a bowl and chants gibberish for two hours straight in hopes that something'll happen. We 'reds have magic in the genes, but unless we happen to have a mentor handy, we usually end up having to figure out our magic on our own, and most of the time we don't even know what we are; even the Ultra-Force might have a 'red in their ranks and not even know it! The non-reds... most of them are just poseurs looking to make a quick buck after ready one too many Harry Potter books, but then again, sometimes their spells actually work, so make of that what you will.

Weapons: I don't go for all those fancy props some witches use. You know the ones: wands, magic walking sticks with jewels the size of baseballs... Me? I'd rather stick to a good old-fashioned fireball or whatever other spell might be useful. Not that I can't go hand-to-hand with someone if I have to; unarmed combat is a thing too, y'know. Sometimes I'll bring along a weapon depending on what I'm fighting, say if I need to stake a hungry vamp or pop some silver bullets into a werewolf... you get the idea.

Weaknesses: ...do I have to? *SIGH* Fine...
Long story short, we witches rely on magic A LOT. Different spells have different weaknesses, like water putting out the fire spell you got going, but the basic idea is the same: No Magic = BIG PROBLEM. Magic aside, we're pretty much the same as any regular human. I guess if I really wanted to, I could extend my lifespan like a few other witches I could name - *COUGH*Aradia!*COUGH* - but that kind of magic is pretty hard and usually requires making deals I'd really rather not get involved with.

Appearance: Here's what I would say is my closest real-world face claim:https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/thehungergamesrp/images/f/f9/Henley_gif.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151203014553
It's small, I know, so here's a bigger portrait I made myself at azaleasdolls.com:
https://i.imgur.com/OPlv4RY.png

Personality: As you probably noticed by now, I'm very much on the sassy side. See, we got the Ultra-Force and all the ordinary people on one side and all the crazy creepy-crawlies on the other, but witches are pretty much screwed socially. We're too "weird" for the normies, but we're also too "normal" for the weirdos; what's a witch to do? But I don't worry about it too much anymore; if I can't fit in either way, I may as well just do my own thing.
Now, that's not to say I don't have a good side. I do, and actually I prefer good over evil overall. I'm just not as stuck-up about it as the Ultra-Force can be sometimes, but I digress.

Brief Backstory: You all know the routine; I come from a long line of witches, grew into my powers when I was a kid, blah blah blah... I did grow into a bit of a rebel, though, so that's something I guess...
But here's where it gets interesting. I'm a member of the Legions of the Night! Yes, you heard that right! The higher-ups figured I could make a good spy since I can pass for normal so easily, and for a while it wasn't so bad. What can I say? I've always been a sucker for the underdogs, and I figured the Ultra-Force deserved to have their egos taken down a notch or two! At least, that's what I signed up for...
"But Diana", I hear you ask, "if you support the Legions' cause, why are you listed in the Creepsters section?" Well, I did support their cause at first, but our little victory at Ultra-HQ wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be. Kidnapping the city's most beloved superheroes really brought out the nastiness in me and my fellow Legionnaires, and some of us did some things I'm not even sure I can mention here without going too dark for the intended tone of this RP. That, and honestly, the Ultra-Force aren't as bad as I thought they were. Obviously there was some hostility on their end too, but what do you expect after kidnapping someone and preparing them for ritual slaughter? And despite that, they were even still trying to reach out to us, help us "see the error of our ways" so to speak. The other Legionnaires usually just laughed in their faces, but I have to admit, they really started to grow on me after a while. Put that together with how messed-up the Legions have been acting lately, and you can see why I finally decided I wanted out.
So far I've been able to keep my would-be turncoat status on the down-low, since none of us have gotten any orders since the kidnapping other than "guard the prisoners until midnight on Halloween". I can't stay under the radar forever, but if I can get some equally-terrifying heroes together before then, maybe there's still time to stop this before things really got out of hand.

Other Notes: I know it's stereotypical, but I do have a black cat named Baby. Isn't she a cutie? (https://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/width-constrained-728/public/87226-istock-174846251.jpg)

Nick Joaquin Santos

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ones2watch/artist_287_hero_img.jpg

Species: Were-Bear

Alignment: Neutral-Good, (But if you want just the one then Neutral)

Weapons: Nick's not exactly a pacifist, no. that wouldn't be the right way to word it. It's more, he can't really be bothered to carry weapons? If ever the need arises for him to fight and he can actually be bothered to do so, he'll rely pretty much almost exclusively on his shifting abilities. His condition makes him a pretty strong guy while still human too, so if his fist's can't sort it out either he sort of just gives up at that point. Basically, Nick will carry and use anything you give him, but otherwise, he's more a natural sort of guy.

Weaknesses: When the moon is full, Nick is obviously at his strongest. However, around three or four days before and after the Full Moon, our boy ain't at his peak. Nick always feels weaker around this time, is naturally more slow and frail. Now that's not to say he's completely useless during these few days, however he's vulnerable. And for a man like Nick, that's a dangerous position to be in.

Also, while Nick is in one of his more Grizzly forms, he is at his most powerful yes, but, there is such a thing as being drunk on power. It's hard to control the animal inside sometimes. If Nick allows the Bear to take over too much, to flaunt too much strength, his human reasoning begins to fade. Every-time he shifts, he risks the chance of losing his mortal conscience altogether truth be told.

Appearance: https://remezcla.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/nick-hakim_itzel--1150x584.jpg?x99819

https://blog.urbanoutfitters.com/files/07_Nick-Hakim_UO_02_12_2017_175.jpg

Nick's a hefty kind of dude. He's tall and big, but in a chunky not chubby way. Sturdy and stockily built. Despite his size, he has a kind enough face though. Although he sometimes has to shave nearly twice a day, so the state of his beard is often fluctuating (Apparently it's a feature of his condition). His Chilean heritage comes through in his appearance in distinct little ways here and there too. His tanned skin and thick dark curls for example (although the latter is often kept contained beneath some kind of hat for whatever reason). Altogether, he's an appealing enough looking guy. Attractive even. Maybe.

Personality: To be perfectly and utterly honest with you, Nick's a pretty chilled out kind of guy. It's rare that anything really riles or upsets him, that or he's incredibly good at hiding it if it does. The man barely reacts to anything with too much vigour (The word 'stoner', begins to come to mind). Instead he opts to glide through life on a blasé almost nonchalant wing of emotions. He'll laugh at your jokes, sure. But don't really expect him to get particularly hyped up or enthusiastic about anything unless it's increasingly important to him. All in all, Nick's a nice guy, sure. But maybe not the most passionate in the world...

Or is he.

Brief Backstory: Nicks Father comes from Chile originally. However due to various unfortunate circumstances, the man decided to immigrate to America and hopefully, to a better life. he had to take a rather long way round to getting there, and on his way found himself passing through the Andes Mountains. Alone, on foot and with no real proper climbing gear, the journey was full of dangers to say the least. So it didn't really help matters when a Gone feral Were-Bear encountered him. Nicks father was bitten and contaminated with the disease, but he luckily managed to escape. The transition the disease enforced was tough, especially in the mans current conditions and environments. But Nicks Father survived (The Santos' are a hardy bunch I'm told).

He made it to America and settled in the Bronx of New York. There he fell in love with a beautiful Peruvian girl, and two years later, boom. Nick came along. There was an uncertainty as to if Nick would gain his fathers condition. Yet luckily or unluckily, the disease passed on. His Father had only had to handle the disease as a adult, which Nick would argue is a much easier thing to do than to grow up with it. Childhood in a cramped place like the Bronx along with the addition of turning into, oh, you know, a bear or bear-like hybrid every now and then certainly wasn't the easiest thing to do in the word.

As Nick neared adolescence the condition became increasingly harder to both control and hide in the city. So the Santos' relocated to good Ol' Washington D.C. Although still a challenge, it was somewhat easier for Nick to deal with his shifts in D.C. And I suppose, the family was happy there. Well. As happy as they could be. As well as having to deal with his condition, Nick has grown up constantly handling the, at times, underlying yet always present casual racism a immigrant in America often has to face these days.

Growing up with these particular issues has given Nick a certain mindset. He wants to make the world better for minorities like himself, and in both senses of the term. He's tired of being the odd one out.

Other Notes: To Clarify the conditions and Workings of Nicks Were-Bear-ism.

During the night of a full Moon, Nick undergoes a change that on this particular night, is completely unstoppable. However, Nick can slightly control the form he possesses under said change. He either shifts into a sort of half-man half-bear hybrid, or (And this is often when the animal within grows too strong and desperate in nature which in turn can be caused or triggered by various emotional factors) he morphs into a full on Bear form, but with much more increased strength and vigour than that of a normal Grizzly. Nick can force a change at times where there isn't a full moon, but the action is ultimately a lot more draining.

https://dedpihto.narod.ru/games/Monsters1/lywerber.gif
This is a similar representation to Nicks more Half-Hybrid Bear form. Although he's managed to acquire pants that actually fit this form. His Mom was scolding him for ripping so many jeans otherwise...

https://www.wildcru.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/andean_bear_2.jpg
When in full Bear form, Nick resembles most that of an Andean Bear (as you might expect).

Name: Emily Walker

Species: Zombie

Alignment: Goodish I like to think.

Powers: She's not part of the Ultraforce, but she does have a power. The power of.... Being able to think! Be like a human! It may not seem like a superpower, but for a zombie, she might as well be a super powered individual.

Weapons: Teeth. The mainstay of any zombie arsenal. However since she can think for herself she can reasonably use any weapon. However if she is actually going out with intent of getting into a fight, she'd basically going to go in with kevlar and a gun. Usually a rifle so she can keep back and keep her body safe. And of course a helmet to protect her most important part: Her brain. Beyond that she's always going to have her medical bag on hand with plenty of sutering equipment in it.

Weaknesses: She is a zombie and undead.Therefore while she can push her body like humans can, she's not going to recover from the strain. At best she can replace the parts of her that get worn down (and she's done so in the past a lot) with fresh parts taken from a morge or graveyard... Or fresh bodies! Also she needs to eat meat reguarly. It doesn't HAVE to be human, but one can't deny how suculent and wonderful fresh.... human... flesh tastes.... Ripped right from the bones.... Sorry sorry. Basically she has the hunger and it can get bad if not sated. Finally, all that needs to be done to take her down is to destroy the brain.

Appearance: https://img00.deviantart.net/adb9/i/2017/280/7/c/anime_zombie_girl_nurse_dakimakura_pillow_by_penci ltales-dbptj4t.jpg
While shes isn't always in a nurse outfit, it is one of her favorite things to wear considering she spends a lot of her time on doctoring others back up on the down low. And doctoring on herself with all her replacement limbs!

Personality: Emily is... She's a cheerful one while also being a survivor. She didn't become a survivor by being a tough as nails person though. Even with her years of practice with guns and fighting for her life and such, she mainly survived by being a coward. She knows how easy a zombie can be killed when someone keeps calm with a gun or something more personal. So she tries her best to keep herself safe. When she goes out she's making sure she can blend in with her stitches hidden. Mainly she'll just stay in her building, enjoying the internet while working herself or doing some research.

Brief Backstory: A backstory on me? Well that will be kinda hard. I mean I think I've been around a few centuries. Yes yes I'm aware I'm a corpse so I can't really survive that long of a time without decaying away. Here's the thing though. Everything that makes up a zombie? In the brain. So when my time was nearing the end, I had me a thought.... Can you take a zombie brain and put it into another body? A fresh body? After several experiments I concluded that it can be done! The draw backs that I couldn't forsee when I had my friend place my brain into a new body was.... Well things are lost. Mainly memories. So each time I've done a brain transfer I tend to lose a bit of who I was. I had started keeping diaries on hand just in case, but with how long I've been around you can't keep track of everything.

Such as how I ended up in this city or who did my last transplant. I already had my identity ready so that was good. Been able to live a nice life in this city for a while. I was appraoched by those LEgion monsters at one point, but I didn't want to gen involved in their whole war against the living and such. Kept myself in the middle really, agreeing to patch up people they sent to me in trade of some money and human flesh (oh dear me just mentioning it has me drooling...). Uhhh well... Anyways I happened to be a fan of the Ultra Force. I mean their hearts were in the right place and all you know. Dear I'm hungry... But yeah, since they've dissapeared I've gone into hiding myself. I know what humans do when people start to disapear. Not to mention a group of well know people and with powers. A whole lotta crap is gonna come down and I don't want to be caught up in it.

Other Notes:

The Legions of the Night are not really a faction per se. The one thing that unites them in any sense of the word is their shared desire for power; their "leader" is rumored to have acquired a means for the creatures of the night to become powerful enough that they can finally come out of hiding and seize full control over the humans who fear them, and has invited kindred spirits from all across the globe to help realize this dream, and creatures of all sorts have flocked in droves to accept his invitation. United by this common goal, the Legions of the Night will not hesitate to destroy anything and anyone who stands in their way.

NO ACCEPTED PROFILES YET!

As the first legally authorized superhero team in America, the Ultra-Force has made a name for itself as an elite peacekeeping force since its formation. In contrast to the Creepsters, the Ultra-Force are highly trained, well-funded, and almost universally loved and respected by the human populace. Under their protection, humans felt as though they had nothing to fear; needless to say, this did not sit well with the creatures of the night, many of whom relied on fear to maintain any semblance of power in the human world.
More recently, however, the Ultra-Force has gone missing virtually overnight, and foul play is suspected. Without their heroes to protect them, the local human population has come to know fear for the first time in years, this time compounded even further by a widespread fear of whatever evil had managed to overpower their beloved protectors.

NO ACCEPTED PROFILES YET!

The Neutrals are... well, neutral. They could go either way, for or against one side or the other, or they may just not care at all. Whatever the case, they don't belong to any of the other factions, so that's really all there is to it!

Name: Ze’ev “Alpha” Okami
Species: Wolf / Were human / Caster (Ice Magic)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Faction: Freelance, (Willing to work with anyone)
Powers: Not Ultra-Force
Weapons: Claws and Teeth
Weaknesses: Silver weaponry, Holy Artifacts, and Fire.
Appearance: Striking purple and gold eyes, long silver hair. Wolf ears and a tail (Hard to hide) 6’5 Lean build.
Personality: Ze’ev was raised to be a pack leader and such is calm, cool headed, reserved. He usual performs through action, never threatens, and only speaks when spoken to. He can be kind hearted but follows a very strict ruthless code.
Brief Backstory: Ze’ev was a wolf who traveled with his pack. One day they were attacked by a hungry were wolf. In a plea to save his pack family he offered his soul to some being, either a witch or a devil. He needed the power to face his enemy no matter the cost. The magic he was imbued with adapted the Lycanthrope in reverse. As a wolf who already embraced savagery giving him a cool intellect made him a formidable fighter. He killed the weakened werewolf but the cost of his curse was the rest of his packs life. Now he searches the world for this Demon or Witch who cursed him. Caring not whom he helps or hurts.
Other Notes: Please let me know if I need to change anything. I have no idea why I wanted to make a vengeful furry.

Name: Aradia
Species: Hereditary Witch/Soceress (interchangeable really)
Alignment: NEUTRAL
Faction: None
Powers:
Weapons: Spells and A rather sharp looking Spear/staff thing.
Weaknesses: Any sort of magic dampening spells/equipment, being silenced, or fire (but who isn’t weak to that?)
Appearance: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/703/005/large/marie-magny-commission-dark-priestess-by-skyzocat-d935u3r.jpg?1451310901

And her staff
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/94/a6/1594a6224e4c80de3fc72e369aa9ad0b.png
Personality: Aradia appears to be a deeply mysterious and devious personage. Often speaking in riddles or simply just putting things very ominously or vague she can be frustrating to some. So long as you can put up with a bit of word play though it is not uncommon to win favor with the witch and convince her to get up to all manner of antics. She can be kind and warm at times and cold and cutting the next. Some have even described her as fickle as the weather. An apt description she would agree.
Brief Backstory: Aradia is a witch who has been around since the 17th century and seen many empires rise and fall. She seems to have mostly kept to herself during those times preferring to stay out of major events so as not to draw inquisitive eyes. Witches haven’t always been treated so kindly after all. Now her interest has been piqued. Humans and “monsters” living together? Could it work?
Other Notes:

Name:
Species:
Faction: CREEPSTERS, ULTRA-FORCE, ETC.
Powers: ULTRA-FORCE ONLY, IF APPLICABLE
Weapons: IF APPLICABLE
Weaknesses: IF APPLICABLE
Appearance:
Personality:
Brief Backstory:
Other Notes:

BumblingBee
10-22-2018, 02:15 PM
CAN I DO LIKE... A WERE BEAR????

Lady Celeste
10-22-2018, 03:00 PM
CAN I DO LIKE... A WERE BEAR????

Sounds interesting! Fill out a profile and let’s see how it works from there.

Scottie
10-22-2018, 06:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/L35IDr8.png

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Lady Celeste!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week (https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85745). This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here (https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59571).

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here (https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79546).

Next, you can post in this thread (https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79783) and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory (https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40645). This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

https://i.imgur.com/x9yqH0s.png

Kortaga
10-22-2018, 10:13 PM
Name: Ze’ev “Alpha” Okami
Species: Wolf / Were human / Caster (Ice Magic)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Faction: Freelance, (Willing to work with anyone)
Powers: Not Ultra-Force
Weapons: Claws and Teeth
Weaknesses: Silver weaponry, Holy Artifacts, and Fire.
Appearance: Striking purple and gold eyes, long silver hair. Wolf ears and a tail (Hard to hide) 6’5 Lean build.
Personality: Ze’ev was raised to be a pack leader and such is calm, cool headed, reserved. He usual performs through action, never threatens, and only speaks when spoken to. He can be kind hearted but follows a very strict ruthless code.
Brief Backstory: Ze’ev was a wolf who traveled with his pack. One day they were attacked by a hungry were wolf. In a plea to save his pack family he offered his soul to some being, either a witch or a devil. He needed the power to face his enemy no matter the cost. The magic he was imbued with adapted the Lycanthrope in reverse. As a wolf who already embraced savagery giving him a cool intellect made him a formidable fighter. He killed the weakened werewolf but the cost of his curse was the rest of his packs life. Now he searches the world for this Demon or Witch who cursed him. Caring not whom he helps or hurts.
Other Notes: Please let me know if I need to change anything. I have no idea why I wanted to make a vengeful furry.

BumblingBee
10-22-2018, 11:02 PM
Nick Joaquin Santos

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ones2watch/artist_287_hero_img.jpg

Species: Were-Bear

Alignment: Neutral-Good, (But if you want just the one then Neutral)

Weapons: Nick's not exactly a pacifist, no. that wouldn't be the right way to word it. It's more, he can't really be bothered to carry weapons? If ever the need arises for him to fight and he can actually be bothered to do so, he'll rely pretty much almost exclusively on his shifting abilities. His condition makes him a pretty strong guy while still human too, so if his fist's can't sort it out either he sort of just gives up at that point. Basically, Nick will carry and use anything you give him, but otherwise, he's more a natural sort of guy.

Weaknesses: When the moon is full, Nick is obviously at his strongest. However, around three or four days before and after the Full Moon, our boy ain't at his peak. Nick always feels weaker around this time, is naturally more slow and frail. Now that's not to say he's completely useless during these few days, however he's vulnerable. And for a man like Nick, that's a dangerous position to be in.

Also, while Nick is in one of his more Grizzly forms, he is at his most powerful yes, but, there is such a thing as being drunk on power. It's hard to control the animal inside sometimes. If Nick allows the Bear to take over too much, to flaunt too much strength, his human reasoning begins to fade. Every-time he shifts, he risks the chance of losing his mortal conscience altogether truth be told.

Appearance: https://remezcla.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/nick-hakim_itzel--1150x584.jpg?x99819

https://blog.urbanoutfitters.com/files/07_Nick-Hakim_UO_02_12_2017_175.jpg

Nick's a hefty kind of dude. He's tall and big, but in a chunky not chubby way. Sturdy and stockily built. Despite his size, he has a kind enough face though. Although he sometimes has to shave nearly twice a day, so the state of his beard is often fluctuating (Apparently it's a feature of his condition). His Chilean heritage comes through in his appearance in distinct little ways here and there too. His tanned skin and thick dark curls for example (although the latter is often kept contained beneath some kind of hat for whatever reason). Altogether, he's an appealing enough looking guy. Attractive even. Maybe.

Personality: To be perfectly and utterly honest with you, Nick's a pretty chilled out kind of guy. It's rare that anything really riles or upsets him, that or he's incredibly good at hiding it if it does. The man barely reacts to anything with too much vigour (The word 'stoner', begins to come to mind). Instead he opts to glide through life on a blasé almost nonchalant wing of emotions. He'll laugh at your jokes, sure. But don't really expect him to get particularly hyped up or enthusiastic about anything unless it's increasingly important to him. All in all, Nick's a nice guy, sure. But maybe not the most passionate in the world...

Or is he.

Brief Backstory: Nicks Father comes from Chile originally. However due to various unfortunate circumstances, the man decided to immigrate to America and hopefully, to a better life. he had to take a rather long way round to getting there, and on his way found himself passing through the Andes Mountains. Alone, on foot and with no real proper climbing gear, the journey was full of dangers to say the least. So it didn't really help matters when a Gone feral Were-Bear encountered him. Nicks father was bitten and contaminated with the disease, but he luckily managed to escape. The transition the disease enforced was tough, especially in the mans current conditions and environments. But Nicks Father survived (The Santos' are a hardy bunch I'm told).

He made it to America and settled in the Bronx of New York. There he fell in love with a beautiful Peruvian girl, and two years later, boom. Nick came along. There was an uncertainty as to if Nick would gain his fathers condition. Yet luckily or unluckily, the disease passed on. His Father had only had to handle the disease as a adult, which Nick would argue is a much easier thing to do than to grow up with it. Childhood in a cramped place like the Bronx along with the addition of turning into, oh, you know, a bear or bear-like hybrid every now and then certainly wasn't the easiest thing to do in the word.

As Nick neared adolescence the condition became increasingly harder to both control and hide in the city. So the Santos' relocated to good Ol' Washington D.C. Although still a challenge, it was somewhat easier for Nick to deal with his shifts in D.C. And I suppose, the family was happy there. Well. As happy as they could be. As well as having to deal with his condition, Nick has grown up constantly handling the, at times, underlying yet always present casual racism a immigrant in America often has to face these days.

Growing up with these particular issues has given Nick a certain mindset. He wants to make the world better for minorities like himself, and in both senses of the term. He's tired of being the odd one out.

Other Notes: To Clarify the conditions and Workings of Nicks Were-Bear-ism.

During the night of a full Moon, Nick undergoes a change that on this particular night, is completely unstoppable. However, Nick can slightly control the form he possesses under said change. He either shifts into a sort of half-man half-bear hybrid, or (And this is often when the animal within grows too strong and desperate in nature which in turn can be caused or triggered by various emotional factors) he morphs into a full on Bear form, but with much more increased strength and vigour than that of a normal Grizzly. Nick can force a change at times where there isn't a full moon, but the action is ultimately a lot more draining.

https://dedpihto.narod.ru/games/Monsters1/lywerber.gif
This is a similar representation to Nicks more Half-Hybrid Bear form. Although he's managed to acquire pants that actually fit this form. His Mom was scolding him for ripping so many jeans otherwise...

https://www.wildcru.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/andean_bear_2.jpg
When in full Bear form, Nick resembles most that of an Andean Bear (as you might expect).

BumblingBee
10-22-2018, 11:08 PM
Oh darn, Kort beat me to it.

Cfavano
10-22-2018, 11:38 PM
could I be Koschei the Deathless, from Slavic Folklore?

Lady Celeste
10-23-2018, 12:42 AM
@Bee :: Kort's character isn't in any of the factions, so you're fine. :)
Your profile is accepted!

@Kort :: Ze'ev's profile looks interesting... were you interested in anyone playing as the being responsible for cursing him?
For now, though, I have enough to accept Ze'ev, so welcome aboard! :)

@Cfavano :: Having Koschei the Deathless as a character sounds awesome! Have at it! :)

@EVERYONE :: I'll start whipping up my own profiles as soon as I'm able. I'll go ahead and transplant my old UF profile, and just FYI, I'll go ahead and call dibs on a witch in the Creepsters faction.

Cfavano
10-23-2018, 01:16 AM
huzzah for playing an literally immortal charcter except for one tiny weakness

Heson Shadowbane
10-23-2018, 02:23 AM
I got a character developing in my head. I'll work it up while at work tonight and get it made tomorrow

AliceMalice15
10-23-2018, 03:23 AM
Name: Aradia
Species: Hereditary Witch/Soceress (interchangeable really)
Alignment: NEUTRAL
Faction: None
Powers:
Weapons: Spells and A rather sharp looking Spear/staff thing.
Weaknesses: Any sort of magic dampening spells/equipment, being silenced, or fire (but who isn’t weak to that?)
Appearance: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/703/005/large/marie-magny-commission-dark-priestess-by-skyzocat-d935u3r.jpg?1451310901

And her staff
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/94/a6/1594a6224e4c80de3fc72e369aa9ad0b.png
Personality: Aradia appears to be a deeply mysterious and devious personage. Often speaking in riddles or simply just putting things very ominously or vague she can be frustrating to some. So long as you can put up with a bit of word play though it is not uncommon to win favor with the witch and convince her to get up to all manner of antics. She can be kind and warm at times and cold and cutting the next. Some have even described her as fickle as the weather. An apt description she would agree.
Brief Backstory: Aradia is a witch who has been around since the 17th century and seen many empires rise and fall. She seems to have mostly kept to herself during those times preferring to stay out of major events so as not to draw inquisitive eyes. Witches haven’t always been treated so kindly after all. Now her interest has been piqued. Humans and “monsters” living together? Could it work?
Other Notes:

Potentially the cause of said curse? She isn’t perfect after all....

Lady Celeste
10-24-2018, 05:17 AM
@Alice :: I like! It's up to Kort whether or not Aradia is the source of the curse, but I'll be more than happy to accept her either way. :)

@EVERYONE :: My main profile was just finished, and has been added to the OP. All the others will be added soon. How many characters would you guys like to aim for before starting the IC thread?

Kortaga
10-24-2018, 04:09 PM
I am open to anything and as for whom or what I left it open so if someone wants to be the one who cursed him I am okay with that. Just note if my character finds out unless we have developed a lovely bond...he many be a bit murdery.

I looked forward to meeting the were-bear since we are opposite sides of the same coin roughly speaking.

AliceMalice15
10-25-2018, 01:16 AM
I’m most certainly in and we’ll see Kortaga. It might be fun to have her “remember” what happened at an oh so convenient time.

As far as how many? Hmmmm maybe 5-6? Idk I’m ready whenever everyone else is.

Lady Celeste
10-25-2018, 06:37 AM
That sounds fair. So far we have 4 accepted characters and 2 with character sheets pending, so I'll see if I can get a starting post up for the IC thread by the end of the week at the latest.

Having said that, we will need at least one Legions character and one Ultra-Force character to be able to keep the story moving. But I figure Cfavano's Koschei character could be a de facto head of the Legions, and I have an Ultra-Force character from the original thread whom I could transplant, so no rush. :)

Kortaga
10-25-2018, 02:31 PM
That and usually the start of an rp is us meeting one another so we certainly have some time.

@alice that would be fun. I am willing to run with anything.

Despite being Lawful Evil he would be more against those that harm other vs those that help others. The only reason I put Evil is because he is willing to go down a dark path should he need to. So I could see him being recruited either way but leaning towards creepsters.

I just wanna see where he goes as a small town dog in the big city.

BumblingBee
10-25-2018, 04:42 PM
holy heck this is lookin good :0

Excited!!

Kortaga
10-25-2018, 05:17 PM
@Bumblingbee I just can't wait for our characters to meet and just be like, so that's what the other side looks like.

I feel like they will either get along super well or just not lol

BumblingBee
10-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Haha. Nick's pretty much nice to everybody he meets in a vague casual sort of way. But when he finds out ur guy is a Were-Dude too, he will b (for once) hyped ;0

Heson Shadowbane
10-25-2018, 11:00 PM
Name: Emily Walker

Species: Zombie

Alignment: Goodish I like to think.

Powers: She's not part of the Ultraforce, but she does have a power. The power of.... Being able to think! Be like a human! It may not seem like a superpower, but for a zombie, she might as well be a super powered individual.

Weapons: Teeth. The mainstay of any zombie arsenal. However since she can think for herself she can reasonably use any weapon. However if she is actually going out with intent of getting into a fight, she'd basically going to go in with kevlar and a gun. Usually a rifle so she can keep back and keep her body safe. And of course a helmet to protect her most important part: Her brain. Beyond that she's always going to have her medical bag on hand with plenty of sutering equipment in it.

Weaknesses: She is a zombie and undead.Therefore while she can push her body like humans can, she's not going to recover from the strain. At best she can replace the parts of her that get worn down (and she's done so in the past a lot) with fresh parts taken from a morge or graveyard... Or fresh bodies! Also she needs to eat meat reguarly. It doesn't HAVE to be human, but one can't deny how suculent and wonderful fresh.... human... flesh tastes.... Ripped right from the bones.... Sorry sorry. Basically she has the hunger and it can get bad if not sated. Finally, all that needs to be done to take her down is to destroy the brain.

Appearance: https://img00.deviantart.net/adb9/i/2017/280/7/c/anime_zombie_girl_nurse_dakimakura_pillow_by_penci ltales-dbptj4t.jpg
While shes isn't always in a nurse outfit, it is one of her favorite things to wear considering she spends a lot of her time on doctoring others back up on the down low. And doctoring on herself with all her replacement limbs!

Personality: Emily is... She's a cheerful one while also being a survivor. She didn't become a survivor by being a tough as nails person though. Even with her years of practice with guns and fighting for her life and such, she mainly survived by being a coward. She knows how easy a zombie can be killed when someone keeps calm with a gun or something more personal. So she tries her best to keep herself safe. When she goes out she's making sure she can blend in with her stitches hidden. Mainly she'll just stay in her building, enjoying the internet while working herself or doing some research.

Brief Backstory: A backstory on me? Well that will be kinda hard. I mean I think I've been around a few centuries. Yes yes I'm aware I'm a corpse so I can't really survive that long of a time without decaying away. Here's the thing though. Everything that makes up a zombie? In the brain. So when my time was nearing the end, I had me a thought.... Can you take a zombie brain and put it into another body? A fresh body? After several experiments I concluded that it can be done! The draw backs that I couldn't forsee when I had my friend place my brain into a new body was.... Well things are lost. Mainly memories. So each time I've done a brain transfer I tend to lose a bit of who I was. I had started keeping diaries on hand just in case, but with how long I've been around you can't keep track of everything.

Such as how I ended up in this city or who did my last transplant. I already had my identity ready so that was good. Been able to live a nice life in this city for a while. I was appraoched by those LEgion monsters at one point, but I didn't want to gen involved in their whole war against the living and such. Kept myself in the middle really, agreeing to patch up people they sent to me in trade of some money and human flesh (oh dear me just mentioning it has me drooling...). Uhhh well... Anyways I happened to be a fan of the Ultra Force. I mean their hearts were in the right place and all you know. Dear I'm hungry... But yeah, since they've dissapeared I've gone into hiding myself. I know what humans do when people start to disapear. Not to mention a group of well know people and with powers. A whole lotta crap is gonna come down and I don't want to be caught up in it.

Other Notes:

Lady Celeste
10-26-2018, 03:39 AM
Nicely done Heson! Can't wait to see how Emily handles my starting IC post! *ACCEPTS*

Speaking of which, the IC thread is ready to go!
https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92382

kowai
10-26-2018, 04:45 AM
*trips and drops this here* whoops oh my gosh.

Yuu
He's Extra™ and never gives his family name
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/R_ktleRKFdboCuRB-EDg7CPKAKFPtEWsM4lBxM7sQBldlwvbMvjpbfAOBxwaOvmtza2 8I8hs30u_VeqF4VZb1p1nyzxMbWpq3MY=s0-d

Species : Jikininki

(食人鬼 "human-eating ghosts"): the spirits of greedy, selfish or impious individuals who are cursed after death to seek out and eat human corpses.
Note that despite the name "ghost," Jikininki are very much a physical presence and are more similar to Western ghouls or vampires than to stereotypical ghosts

Age : Yuu was a samurai in the 16th century (before his death, of course). So... Old. He physically appears to be in his late 20s but lost track of his true age a few hundred years ago.

Alignment : Chaotic Evil

Faction : Legions of the Night

Weapons : A katana. His training as a samurai makes him quite the force to be reckoned with. But it should be noted that Jikininki have no special powers. The rebirth as a corpse eating ghoul is a curse, not a reward. He is not stronger than any normal man (though he does his best to stay fit), nor faster, nor anything else. Just stay out of the way of that katana.

Weaknesses : Jikininki can be (re)killed by starvation. This means keeping the spirit away from a corpse for a week. This is the only means to destroy a Jikininki. Though hunger is another of Yuu's weaknesses. The longer a Jikininki goes without eating, the more insane and destructive they become. The body slowly loses its human appearance and takes on the ghoulish form (Yuu's true form) of a walking corpse. Slowly, the hunger will grow to be so strong that his personality will be utterly lost to the madness, replaced by a ravenous, rage-filled beast. Very fun.

Personality : Bored. There are few betters words to explain Yuu - he's just incredibly bored. With everyone and everything. He scoffs in the face of those who say they wish to live forever. There could be nothing more miserable or more boring than living forever. His emotions over the years have dulled. Nothing interests him, nothing surprises him. It's hard to surprise a man (sorry, I mean monster) who has seen it all. Still something inside him yearns for more: for surprise, for change, for excitement.

He does not empathize. He does not cry, he doesn't yell, he doesn't get shy or blush. He's blunt and always completely honest. After all, he has no reason to lie anymore and he could not care less about anyone's feelings. It all seems meaningless to him in the grand scheme of things - like dust in the wind. His actions are always purely in his own self-interest and completely selfish. He's loyal to no one and will not hesitate to back-stab, hurt, or kill those who stand in the way of what he wants. Don't worry, though, Yuu makes that clear from the beginning. He doesn't hide who he is.

Perhaps one of the only traits that makes him at all interesting these days is his immense intelligence. He didn't use to be particularly book smart but centuries of nothing to do have given him plenty of time to learn. Learn what you ask? Everything. Yuu obviously doesn't know everything there is to know... but he knows a decent chunk of it. He can play most instruments, speak most languages fluently, knows all of world history, and has stored away a library of stupid fun facts nobody cares about. He's very proud of his intelligence and spouts out useless information whenever he has the chance. Because what else does he have?

Truthfully, Yuu only joined the Legion because it gave him something to do besides learn how to sew. He's not exactly loyal to them and he's not necessarily dedicated to the "evil" lifestyle, either. He's just... living. But, hell, if ruling over the humans and coming out of hiding could mix things up for a while, he's in.

To put it bluntly, there's very little - if anything - good about Yuu. He's okay with that. Well, actually, he doesn't care.

Brief Backstory: The notion that the samurai warriors were loyal is one that has remained quite popular worldwide. Yuu finds that funny for if there's anything he can remember about his time as a samurai it was this: constant betrayal, deceit, and treachery. Samurai loyalties could be dictated by nothing but their own interests and samurai often worked to serve those interests just as much as they did their lord. Yuu was one such warrior, playing the game and switching sides whenever it best favored him. He served two masters of rival houses, earning the trust of both men, and often betraying them, selling their secrets for money and favor. His lies and treachery had many innocent people killed. He remembers that he cared at first - that it bothered him, knowing innocents were tortured or murdered because of him. The first time it happened he cried and put his katana to his throat in a fit of grief, self-hatred, and guilt. But with time he grew desensitized. Soon the blood on his hands meant nothing at all.

He was, of course, caught. And, as was customary, quickly executed. His crimes and lack of shame over what he had done were his undoing. Yuu was robbed of a peaceful death or the sweet embrace of quiet, empty eternity. Instead, Yuu was reborn and forced to dig himself out of his grave. For as long as the Earth turned and there was life to live - he would continue to exist as a Jikininki, feasting on corpses at least once a week to keep from shifting completely into a ghoulish beast.

At first it was exciting. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with living forever. Corpses were disgusting and completely unappetizing, of course, but he learned how to grin and bear it. A small price to pay for eternal youth. A couple centuries later, however, and Yuu was done. Attempts to end his life were never successful and the hundreds of painful attempts did little more than hurt. He could try to starve himself but soon the beast would take over and force him to eat. Yuu realized in the eighteenth century that he was trapped and with that realization much of his passion, emotion, and will left him. Since then, he has been little more than a walking corpse.

Nowadays Yuu lives in a small apartment in the big city, studying whatever topics he has not already mastered (he owns thousands of books and has read all of them at least twice), and writing to a few different pen pals from around the world. His pen pals are incredibly boring - over the years all humans have proven to be pretty much the same - but what else is he going to do? Well besides, y'know, take back the night since that Ultra Force disappeared. Could be interesting for a little while... Eh, probably not. But he can hope.

Other Notes:

Lady Celeste
10-26-2018, 07:21 AM
Very interesting Kowai! Yuu is definitely accepted. :)

In fact, it just so happens that my own character (Diana Pendle in the OP) is also technically a member of the Legions but has since become disillusioned with them, which fits quite nicely with Yuu’s lack of any real loyalty to the Legions and could make for some interesting interactions between them.

BumblingBee
10-26-2018, 08:41 AM
YO

YUU IS ONE COOL DUDE. KINDA DOWN HES ON THE OTHER TEAM CAUSE LORDY IS HE A COOL DUDE.

CAN WE PLS HAVE A ROMEO AND JULIET-ESQUE BROMANCE??

kowai
10-26-2018, 04:41 PM
Thanks Celeste! I can't wait to see how Yuu and Celeste interact. I can see him being more interested in her than in the rest of the Legions, 'cause he's not really a "radical" like the Legions are. He's never really been a revolutionary, let's be real. He's just here to have a good time.

N hey Bee, thank you!! I love Yuu, Yuu is my boy! Yuu might be on the other team but he ain't loyal wink wink. No reason he can't become disillusioned/bored by Legions like Diana and chill with the Creepsters at some point... Or even play a little for both sides (#TBT to when Yuu was a samurai) Just depends on how stuff goes down and who keeps him entertained the longest. And, not gonna lie, a bromance between the two chillest boys would be like... rad.

Kortaga
10-26-2018, 04:45 PM
I am planning to cause a bit of commontion. See who i can draw out. Looking forward to seeing who pops up.

*Begins to hum in the dark of the night...*

BumblingBee
10-26-2018, 04:49 PM
YASSS THATS THE STUFF I LIVE FOR UGH

hot diggety this one's gonna be good. i can feel it in my little bee bones

also btw Celeste, just for some clarification is this some random city?? or is it an actual place somewhere? ;0
Also like, are our chars automatically already in the Creepsters n other factions and fully aware of this (I mean the legion people are for sure), or like, are they gonna join up in the IC if you get me? ;0

Lady Celeste
10-26-2018, 04:52 PM
I didn’t have any particular city in mind, and there are plenty of possible cities and locations with “spooky” enough histories to be a good fit (Salem, New Orleans, etc.). But come to think of it, that’s something we will most likely need to decide for purposes of location, travel, local climates, and anything else that might be relevant in a future post. Does anyone have any particular city you would like to suggest, or should we just make up a city in a certain general area? Or we could have the RP take place globally or within a general region instead of confining it to one city.

As for the Creepsters, I imagine they’ll come together as a group in the IC thread at some point, but they’re not an official group yet, and whether or not they know about the Legions may vary depending on how much they knew about the Legions’ plans beforehand. Diana, for instance, is still technically a member of the Legions of the Night and thus knows more about them than most, but she will ultimately join the Creepsters as the latter is being formed.

kowai
10-26-2018, 04:57 PM
Cliche but... New Jersey/New York? The picture on the OP got me thinking Gotham. :>

Kortaga
10-26-2018, 06:59 PM
I agree with the above consider the impact of that city getting attacked would strike fear across the nation.

Also loving everyone's post. I ended him post battle so he was weakened so he would be more inclined to speak to someone and not just attack.

Also something I tested would that be the right way to rp music or what do you guys do in those situations or do you just avoid it entirely.

I thought it would add some fun to it but I think it might have flopped. idk looking forward to comments.

BumblingBee
10-26-2018, 07:23 PM
Crackin, thank u .3.

and New York would work for Nick?? But so would any American big city tbh. Either way, I'll start workin on a post tonight ;0

BumblingBee
10-26-2018, 07:34 PM
Oh! That reminds me. Any Canon state of the moon atm?? Full?? Crescent?? Waning?? ;0

Kortaga
10-26-2018, 09:06 PM
Idk why I assumed halloween would be a full but whatever celeste wants

Lady Celeste
10-27-2018, 01:54 AM
Is there any particular lunar state that would work best for you, or for anyone else? Or if not, I can do a quick dice roll to randomly select it for us.

kowai
10-27-2018, 04:16 AM
I'm down with any lunar state, personally. Though of course Bee's opinion matters most since Nick is the most effected by it.

Also just saw you edited your post about what city this should take place in, Celeste! I'm changing my tune and definitely gonna say New Orleans. It's super spooky but the setting still makes sense with what we've posted so far (considering New Orleans has skyscrapers n has more of a "big city" vibe and Salem doesn't). So... that's my vote. New Orleans ftw

BumblingBee
10-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Dice rolling sounds good to me :)

Kortaga
10-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Same here

AliceMalice15
10-27-2018, 03:09 PM
Ditto! :)

G
10-29-2018, 05:44 AM
This thread has been featured as

https://i.imgur.com/CzbCBSv.png

Lady Celeste
10-29-2018, 02:22 PM
@G :: Awesome!! Thank you so much for letting us know!
:cheerful::cheerful::cheerful:*dancer**dancer**dan cer*

@EVERYONE :: Dice rolling and N’Awlins it is!

So for the starting lunar phase, I’ll roll an 80-sided die and break down the result like this:
1-10 = NEW MOON
11-20 = WAXING CRESCENT
21-30 = FIRST QUARTER
31-40 = WAXING GIBBOUS
41-50 = FULL MOON
51-60 = WANING GIBBOUS
61-70 = THIRD QUARTER
71-80 = WANING CRESCENT

- - - Updated - - -

[roll0]

- - - Updated - - -

Per the dice roll, the current lunar phase is WAXING CRESCENT.

BumblingBee
10-29-2018, 04:16 PM
Crackin, will get a post up tonight ;0

BumblingBee
10-30-2018, 01:48 AM
Done!!

Apologies if it is a lil gory ;0

Lady Celeste
10-30-2018, 02:34 AM
Ooh, this should be interesting! The vamp attack on the child could be just the catalyst needed to get Diana more actively involved against the massacre, but for now I’ll wait a bit longer before posting again, to give everyone else time to post and react if they so choose.

Kortaga
10-30-2018, 08:20 PM
I am still waiting as well. I will probably move him to a character soon just waiting for the right moment.

BumblingBee
10-30-2018, 08:27 PM
I've left Nicky open 4 interaction but he can move on too if needs be ;0

Heson Shadowbane
10-30-2018, 11:48 PM
i'll get a post out soon (probabaly by the morningtime hits)

Lady Celeste
10-31-2018, 12:26 AM
I've left Nicky open 4 interaction but he can move on too if needs be ;0

No need, at least not on my end. I got everything I need for my next post.

In fact, screw it; I got a post idea in mind that IMO is simply too good to pass up. ;)

BumblingBee
10-31-2018, 12:49 AM
;0 !!!!

Do it do it do it do it!!

rabbit
10-31-2018, 12:55 AM
Lavinia "Vinnie" King

https://cdn1-www.mandatory.com/assets/uploads/2015/05/mia-crimson-peak.jpg

Species: Vampire

Alignment: Chaotic-Good

Weapons: Does charm count? Honestly, they're hardly needed with the physical attributes that come with her condition.

Weaknesses: Silver, sun & UV light causes burns and blisters, extended exposure can be fatal; there exists special artifacts (rings, necklaces, etc) that if worn can provide protection from light, but the eyes will always remain sensitive. Vinnie has an aversion to holy symbols but it is mostly psychosomatic and garlic is a mild irritant but so are most things to those with a strong sense of smell. If she has not fed, she is subject to low energy and the loss of abilities like shape shifting (bat, wolf, and mist, per tradition), speed, and healing.

Appearance:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/e00bd60f53360535e66b0d86b7a05e63/tumblr_osadbfpXD01qcnjl1o1_500.gif

https://img10.lostpic.net/2016/01/31/6d71d300ded5ae594311256cece9f128.png Personality: With her age has come her chaotic-good nature, which has led her down some interesting paths in the pursuit of doing what's right. She is likely to stick to her own convictions than follow the rules and her wit an charm usually allow her to get away with it. You know, that, or she just rips their throat out. She is passionate and fiery at her core, which is complemented by a rational, if sometimes distracted, mind. Due to her Victorian era upbringing, sometimes Lavinia can come across as inhibited, polite, orderly, tender-minded, and prudish, though anyone who truly believed such would be an imbecile. She is a bit slow with modern technology, however.

Brief Backstory: Lavinia's father was a successful businessman with a booming shipping company which meant she enjoyed a comfortable upbringing, learning the virtues and morals of a Victorian woman and she as afforded a good education at her father's insistence. She was turned vampire in 1861 at the age of 20 at a masque in Venice, which her brother had spirited her away to, to join him and his friends as the guests of some count. The assault that left her turned was a violent thing that, for many years, left her traumatized. She has never known her maker. Lavinia only returned to her family and England in 1879 after she learned that her brother was ill; she said good bye to him on his deathbed and he apologized for taking her to Venice. She was an active participant in the Suffragette movement. Ricardo, one of the few other vampires she has a relationship with, gifted her an enchanted ring for her 150th birthday, which allows her to go into sunlight unharmed.

Other Notes: Don't call her Winnie and don't make fun of her Razr phone.

Heson Shadowbane
10-31-2018, 02:14 PM
Hurray for the cowardly zombie!

BumblingBee
10-31-2018, 04:02 PM
Im writing a post now!!! This is basically Nick atm tho!! ;0
https://media.giphy.com/media/cX6D3RaZQFPfW/giphy.gif

also lil query I have but it ain't a major one. So regarding magic in the world. Is it purely genetic, or is it somewhat of a skill that can be learnt?? So like, I know Nick is a Were-Bear before anything else, but like, is there a chance he could know some very very weak basic lil charms or what have you? Nothing major by any means. Or os magic in that sense purely genetically passed on or whatever?? ;0

(p.s. the child is the chair)

Kortaga
10-31-2018, 04:15 PM
I might need to pay a visit to zombie girl lol

rabbit
10-31-2018, 07:03 PM
/twiddles thumbs

Heson Shadowbane
10-31-2018, 10:11 PM
*gives the rabbit more thumbs to twiddle*

DannyPhantom
11-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Hmm. I am trying to decide if I want to play as Danny Phantom, or go as Amaterasu. Amaterasu would have a human form if I decide to play her, so she could be a Werewolf. Though, using Katniss Everdeen and making her a werewolf or a werelion might work to. So many choices, if I would be allowed to join and use those characters.

Kortaga
11-02-2018, 04:11 PM
I was waiting for Celeste before I posted but I can. Just didn't want to leave people behind.

Dead_Inside
11-03-2018, 02:12 AM
Question: Are you still accepting characters???

BumblingBee
11-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Think we could do with some input from Celeste atm before we do anything else??? Just to ok some characters and questions and all that jazz?? ;0

AliceMalice15
11-03-2018, 03:04 PM
Sounds good to me :)

Lady Celeste
11-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Sorry about the slow responses; I’ve been insanely busy IRL in preparation for a special event. However, said event will take place later today, so I’ll have everything back up to speed by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

BumblingBee
11-03-2018, 04:28 PM
Noice!!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SandyHelpfulAmazondolphin-max-1mb.gif

AliceMalice15
11-03-2018, 06:29 PM
No sweat Celeste! Take your time.

DannyPhantom
11-03-2018, 11:43 PM
So, is that an I can join or no? I have some characters that I would like to play, but I always ask before posting characters. However, when the GM doesn't respond, it makes it rather hard.

BumblingBee
11-03-2018, 11:51 PM
She'll respond soon dude, she's just busy atm C:

Lady Celeste
11-04-2018, 05:23 AM
Lavinia "Vinnie" King

https://cdn1-www.mandatory.com/assets/uploads/2015/05/mia-crimson-peak.jpg

Species: Vampire

Alignment: Chaotic-Good

Weapons: Does charm count? Honestly, they're hardly needed with the physical attributes that come with her condition.

Weaknesses: Silver, sun & UV light causes burns and blisters, extended exposure can be fatal; there exists special artifacts (rings, necklaces, etc) that if worn can provide protection from light, but the eyes will always remain sensitive. Vinnie has an aversion to holy symbols but it is mostly psychosomatic and garlic is a mild irritant but so are most things to those with a strong sense of smell. If she has not fed, she is subject to low energy and the loss of abilities like shape shifting (bat, wolf, and mist, per tradition), speed, and healing.

Appearance:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/e00bd60f53360535e66b0d86b7a05e63/tumblr_osadbfpXD01qcnjl1o1_500.gif

https://img10.lostpic.net/2016/01/31/6d71d300ded5ae594311256cece9f128.png Personality: With her age has come her chaotic-good nature, which has led her down some interesting paths in the pursuit of doing what's right. She is likely to stick to her own convictions than follow the rules and her wit an charm usually allow her to get away with it. You know, that, or she just rips their throat out. She is passionate and fiery at her core, which is complemented by a rational, if sometimes distracted, mind. Due to her Victorian era upbringing, sometimes Lavinia can come across as inhibited, polite, orderly, tender-minded, and prudish, though anyone who truly believed such would be an imbecile. She is a bit slow with modern technology, however.

Brief Backstory: Lavinia's father was a successful businessman with a booming shipping company which meant she enjoyed a comfortable upbringing, learning the virtues and morals of a Victorian woman and she as afforded a good education at her father's insistence. She was turned vampire in 1861 at the age of 20 at a masque in Venice, which her brother had spirited her away to, to join him and his friends as the guests of some count. The assault that left her turned was a violent thing that, for many years, left her traumatized. She has never known her maker. Lavinia only returned to her family and England in 1879 after she learned that her brother was ill; she said good bye to him on his deathbed and he apologized for taking her to Venice. She was an active participant in the Suffragette movement. Ricardo, one of the few other vampires she has a relationship with, gifted her an enchanted ring for her 150th birthday, which allows her to go into sunlight unharmed.

Other Notes: Don't call her Winnie and don't make fun of her Razr phone.
This profile looks awesome, and I can't wait to see how Lavinia shakes up the current group dynamic. *ACCEPTS* :D

Hmm. I am trying to decide if I want to play as Danny Phantom, or go as Amaterasu. Amaterasu would have a human form if I decide to play her, so she could be a Werewolf. Though, using Katniss Everdeen and making her a werewolf or a werelion might work to. So many choices, if I would be allowed to join and use those characters.
All three of those are awesome choices! This RP wasn't based on any specific fandom, but as long as the fandom-based characters are portrayed reasonably (i.e. no godmoding/powerplaying or contradicting any established plot details), I have no objections to bringing in any of the possible character concepts you described.

Having said that, a rule is currently in effect to keep the Creepsters/Legions more diverse species-wise, so since BumblingBee has already joined as a were-bear for the Creepsters, Danny Phantom might be your best option if you were planning to join as a Creepster, or you could play as a werewolf/werelion/etc. on the Legions' side or as a neutral character. I may have a few more ideas to coordinate with you later depending on which option(s) you decide to go with, but for now I hope this helps. :)

DannyPhantom
11-04-2018, 02:11 PM
Name:

Amaterasu

Species:

Werewolf (I took out the sun goddess part as I didn't want to break the roleplay rules)

Unknown

Alignment:

Neutral

Fraction:

Neutrals

Weapons:

Divine Retribution

Weaknesses:

Night (Her weapon still works, just not as strong)

Appearance:

Human form:

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/974/632/large/feig-felipe-perez-238-amaterasu-rgb.jpg?1487604150

Wolf form:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/makingthecrossover/images/8/80/Amaterasu_6.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140908091828

Personality:

Amaterasu is warm, gentle, and mature. After all, Amaterasu is a divine, heavenly creature. However, she will sometimes commit wrongdoings if she believes that it is right. She also has more recognizably human qualities like strong opinions and a short attention span.

Brief Backstory:

Amaterasu originally existed in and from the Celestial Plain, home of the Celestial Brush gods and the Celestials. As ruler of the Plain, it was a time of peace and tranquility, and Amaterasu enjoyed playing with the Celestials in the fields of the Plain. However, disaster came to the Celestial Plain unexpectedly: Orochi appeared from nowhere and attacked the Plain. Many Celestials were killed in the onslaught. Along with Waka, Amaterasu rushed to their rescue, but Orochi was protected by a mystical barrier which repelled their attacks. Waka was forced to flee with the surviving Celestials on the Ark of Yamato he had arrived in. As he fled, he used his clairvoyant powers to look into the future to Orochi's defeat and discovered that Orochi could only be slain by the chosen one: Nagi. Amaterasu understood and pulled Orochi down to the mortal realm of Nippon to await the birth of Nagi, who would eventually bring the end of Orochi.

Dead_Inside
11-04-2018, 08:31 PM
I wish to join this RP as well. I have to do a few tweeks to my profile and then I will post it here. Just to make sure it's alright, I have plans to be a Rogue Higher Ranked Demon. She's will be affiliated with the Legion. And I hate godmodding so you don't have to worry about me going that. I'll post it once I make the tweeks if that's alright.

Dead_Inside
11-05-2018, 01:34 AM

Dead_Inside
11-05-2018, 01:48 AM
Won't let me post her pics :(

Lady Celeste
11-05-2018, 06:45 AM
@Danny :: Interesting... I imagine Amaterasu would be more heroic in the traditional sense than the rest of the cast so far, but that sort of contrast is exactly what I was aiming for with this RP. Consider yourself accepted! :)
Did you have any particular idea(s) in mind for bringing her in on the action? I could see Amaterasu either hearing about the Ultra-Force's disappearance or finding out about it from the broadcast in the OP, and then stepping up to try to find them and/or stop the ensuing chaos in their absence, but that's just one possible example.

@Dead :: I see the code for the pictures is very lengthy, so it's possible that it's not going through. Perhaps you could try a photo sharing site compatible with BBCode and then upload and post the pictures there? I currently use Imgur myself and it's worked well for me so far, but there are several others to choose from as well.

Dead_Inside
11-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Even uploading the pics to Reddit won't let me add them. I'll keep trying on the pics but the profile has her description for now. :)

Dead_Inside
11-06-2018, 06:49 PM
FINALLY got her pictures to upload. :D

Kortaga
11-08-2018, 03:02 PM
I'll make a post today. Just wanted to update everyone, i was waiting but I think we can scoot a few more in.

Dead_Inside
11-09-2018, 02:15 AM
Should I wait for the stamp or Accept or Denied before posting? I don't want to overstep any boundaries and have to retract anything I post and possibly mess up the narrative. :(

rabbit
11-09-2018, 02:18 AM
Always wait for approval! ^_^

Dead_Inside
11-09-2018, 03:20 AM
Thought so. *thumbs up* :)

Lady Celeste
11-09-2018, 03:33 AM
@Dead :: Awesome! *accepts*

I'll see about getting a post up by this weekend.

BumblingBee
11-19-2018, 05:52 PM
me n rabbit have a copost tjhat will be fully baked soon, so everyone put on ur napkins!! ;0

rabbit
11-19-2018, 06:25 PM
sorry not sorry for how long it is

Kortaga
11-19-2018, 11:11 PM
I am really looking forward to it

rabbit
11-20-2018, 11:11 PM
great posts guys!

Waarnemen
11-21-2018, 04:31 AM
Looks legit.
Might throw in something once the time comes.

rabbit
12-03-2018, 06:20 PM
/pokes with a stick

Lady Celeste
12-03-2018, 06:59 PM
I’ll see if I can get a post up today or tomorrow; been struggling with what to have Diana do at this point without coming across as a stalker.

Kortaga
12-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Arn't creepsters by default stalkers?

BumblingBee
12-03-2018, 08:39 PM
I'll get a post up 2 m'loves;0

AliceMalice15
12-03-2018, 08:55 PM
I’ll post again soon. Just want to let a few people pass in between. :)

BumblingBee
12-03-2018, 09:11 PM
ok wait, I said I'd get a post up but I actually have no idea what to post about haha

i'm happy to run into someone/something if anyone wants tho :)

Kortaga
12-03-2018, 10:15 PM
That or when the mover hits should a mover be happening.

Lady Celeste
12-04-2018, 12:20 AM
I was going to have the movers be when Diana has all the heroes’ attention (starting with our were-bear friend) and explaining the reason for all the chaos (namely, the abduction of the Ultra-Force) to anyone who doesn’t already know. Then the Creepsters, some of whom may need more convincing than others, eventually agree that something needs to be done about this; they come together as a team with this common goal in mind, and then the story progresses from there.

BumblingBee
12-04-2018, 12:38 AM
that sounds like a plan to me :)

So do u need us to make posts about all conveniently convening in the same place so Di can tell us this stuff?? ;0

Lady Celeste
12-04-2018, 01:54 AM
Diana’s already tailing Nick from afar, partly to set the record straight on why she was treating the imp-vamp from earlier like a pet, and partly to divert any hungry Legionnaires who might also want to snack on the kid they just saved. Beyond that, we can either bring everyone else to the same area like you mentioned, or have Nick and Diana gather more allies along the way while they start working on plans to thwart the Legions’ agenda. Which would you guys rather?

BumblingBee
12-04-2018, 02:09 AM
Oh yeah course she is. Well since Nick n Vinnie n Di r all roundabouts the same place try n get everyone else reasonably near so they can all hear the truth about everything thats going on. Cause mAybe people could decide from there who, when and why they want to fight if u get me

But I’m up for whatever honestly :))

Heson Shadowbane
12-05-2018, 03:32 AM
Well Emily is currently holed up like a coward in the apartment building basement XD

AliceMalice15
12-05-2018, 05:14 AM
With a couple soon to be uninvited guests XD Aradia just loves crashing parties.

Kortaga
12-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Yea she won't be alone for long.

Heson Shadowbane
12-06-2018, 01:22 AM
I look forward to her one zombie party being crashed.

Kortaga
12-06-2018, 04:06 AM
We're going to become best friends : 3

Lady Celeste
12-13-2018, 07:49 PM
@Bee&Rabbit :: How would you guys like to co-op for at least part of the mover? It might be easier that way.

BumblingBee
12-13-2018, 10:55 PM
I’m down!! :))

Lady Celeste
12-14-2018, 12:39 AM
Awesome! :D

I'll get started on a Google Docs doc to make the co-op easier to transfer to a post. What e-mail address(es) would you like me to link to the doc?

Kortaga
12-14-2018, 08:59 PM
Should i go or you Aradia?

AliceMalice15
12-15-2018, 05:05 AM
For the co-op? Either or arguably, but we could be included via magic without having to move. Would be ppretty simple to do some sort of spell that projects the message to another magic user like Aradia. Or are you meaning who should go first in to the line of fire? In which case Aradia would probably be better prepared to protect them at the moment in such tight quarters. She also seemes to be the better diplomat. Up to you though could be interesting to send Ze’ev in first and see how he handles the situation. After all Aradia can patch them all up in necessary.

Lady Celeste
12-15-2018, 06:42 AM
I sent the link to Bee and Rabbit, so now I’m just waiting on their replies. :)

Heson Shadowbane
12-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Meanwhile the zombie is just doing her best to protect herself XD

AliceMalice15
12-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Lol depending on what Kortaga decides she may find out really quickly that Aradia can be really scary even without being threatening....

Kortaga
12-15-2018, 03:41 PM
I would imagine if Aradia told Ze'ev to go first he would. Honestly I am up for either. Ze'ev is not protective of aradia yet to force himself forward.

AliceMalice15
12-15-2018, 05:47 PM
Ha ha then she is more than confident enough to forge ahead for the both of them XD

Heson Shadowbane
12-16-2018, 12:21 AM
Hey, Emily is a complete coward so it won’t be hard to scare her. She just wants to protect her brain meats.

Lady Celeste
12-18-2018, 03:58 AM
https://i.gifer.com/Kju4.gif

Because Halloween-themed RP + Christmas coming up soon = ...eh, why not? ;)

P.S.: Still waiting on Rabbit to finish their post in the co-op.

AliceMalice15
12-18-2018, 02:40 PM
I’ll go ahead and have Aradia/Ze’ev/Emily get in close quarters then just to get us all in one place. I’ll post today to get the three of us in the same spot.

rabbit
12-18-2018, 03:48 PM
P.S.: Still waiting on Rabbit to finish their post in the co-op.

apologies; I haven't had a day off work since the 8th and on top of taking care of nana, her sister visiting, trying to make sure everything is ready for christmas, gifts are wrapped, menu is prepped, to-buy lists for groceries are written and everything, I've been a bit drained.

I'll try to work on it just as soon as I can.

AliceMalice15
12-18-2018, 05:35 PM
No sweat :) gotta take care of real life before we can take care of RPA life.

BumblingBee
12-18-2018, 07:55 PM
Same as Bunny but essays instead of chrimbo prep ;0 will get at least one response up to it tonight tho .3.

Lady Celeste
12-18-2018, 09:41 PM
apologies; I haven't had a day off work since the 8th and on top of taking care of nana, her sister visiting, trying to make sure everything is ready for christmas, gifts are wrapped, menu is prepped, to-buy lists for groceries are written and everything, I've been a bit drained.

I'll try to work on it just as soon as I can.

Take as much time as you need Rabbit; real life always comes first, especially this close to Christmas like you mentioned.
Merry Christmas!! :D

DannyPhantom
12-19-2018, 11:05 PM
Hey guys. I honestly think that I might have to drop out. I just got back after a month, and I am honestly not sure where to do with my character, since I am probably so far behind.

Kortaga
12-20-2018, 03:17 AM
Honestly we have not really even progressed much. I still see plenty of opportunity. Up to you at the end of the day.

I'll be making post tomorrow!

Lady Celeste
12-21-2018, 01:10 PM
@Danny :: Kortaga is right that we really haven’t advanced that much yet; in fact, I’m currently working with Bee and Rabbit on our first real plot mover as we speak. Nevertheless, that is entirely your choice, and I wish you the best of luck either way. :)

@Bee :: Speaking of which, Rabbit and I have both just posted in the mover co-op, so now it’s your turn. ;)

Kortaga
12-21-2018, 05:28 PM
I'll actually wait for our Zombie, I know I haven't posted in a bit but mine would not really do anything to proceed in the conversation.

Heson Shadowbane
12-21-2018, 09:22 PM
I meant to get a post up last night, but I'm working up a post right now

Lady Celeste
01-13-2019, 01:33 AM
Whose turn is it in the mover co-op?

Heson Shadowbane
01-13-2019, 01:51 AM
Dunno. I dont think I’m part of it XD

rabbit
01-13-2019, 06:38 PM
It's BumblingBee;'s

BumblingBee
01-19-2019, 06:55 PM
HI IM HERE

IM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY IVE BASICALLY DRAGGED THIS RP INTO STOPPING

UNI HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY KILLING ME LATELY BT IM HERE NOW AND IM REPLYING AS WE SPEAK

IM SO SORRY :sweat:

AliceMalice15
01-19-2019, 11:00 PM
I think we’ve all kinda stuck around anyway bee :) I’m definitely still here so long as we’re all still up for continuing.

Kortaga
01-19-2019, 11:53 PM
No worries!

Lady Celeste
01-21-2019, 03:04 AM
Nice post Bee! This should wrap up the rift between Nick and Diana quite nicely. :)

Now I’ll just wait for Rabbit’s post, and then we can get down to business. ;)

AliceMalice15
01-21-2019, 03:13 PM
TO DEFEAT THE HUNS!!!!

Lady Celeste
01-31-2019, 01:35 AM
Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons??? *facepalm*