PDA

View Full Version : Tears for Thousand Oaks [Borderline Bar Shooting]

rabbit
11-08-2018, 04:21 PM
I woke up this morning.

There are some who didn't get to bed last night because someone took their life in a violent display in a community near to mine and that I have ties to.

We lost a sheriff's sergeant. Others lost their sons and daughters, their mothers, fathers.

The Borderline Bar and Grille regularly hosts country, salsa and swing dancing nights and was hosting a college country night from 9 p.m. PT on Wednesday to 2 a.m. on Thursday when the shooting occurred. The bar is a few miles from California Lutheran University and is a popular spot for students. Some students from California Lutheran and nearby Pepperdine University are believed to have been at Wednesday night's event.

An Eagle Scout got people to cover, then threw a bar stool through a window to create an exit.

12 victims.

13, if you include the suspect, though the investigation hasn't determined yet if they took their own life or if they were killed by officers.

Crazywolf
11-08-2018, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm always sad when I hear about such things. I hope you did not lose any close friends.

Leanna
11-11-2018, 07:03 PM
Sending hugs your way, Rabbit. I’m so sorry that this has happened to your community. Devastating. :(

rabbit
11-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Thank you for the support you guys. And now the hills are being torn apart by fires. Just can't catch a break. Me and mine have either evacuated or are in a safe area already. At this point it'll just be seeing how bad it gets and how long it takes to recover.

Leanna
11-12-2018, 09:07 PM
That’s good you were able to evacuate. I can’t imagine what the people in your area are going through right now. Hopefully you all will get a little bit of Irish weather, soon.

I have a friend who lives near Paradise, as well, who thankfully was just beyond where the fire reached. She went to college with me here in Dublin a couple years ago, having since moved back to California.

Crazywolf
11-13-2018, 03:54 AM
Eww sorry to hear you are caught up in the fires as well. I hope you house won't be one of the ones that gets burned. At least the fire service over there probably has a lot of experience.