PDA

View Full Version : [M] The Lost Tales of Camelot: The Green Knight (Rha'az/bluemoon)

Rha'az
11-16-2018, 08:35 AM
This RP is loosely based on the Arthurian Myth and may contain some changes made to the overall legend to suit the roleplay's whole storyline. Nevertheless, enjoy! :)

https://scentofagamer.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/bretonnia_greenknight.jpg?w=547
The Green Knight of the Emerald Chapel

It has been years since Sir Gwayne's first confrontation with the legendary Green Knight and the Sovereignty of Camelot thrived and prospered in peace with the vigilant watch of the great Knights of the Round Table. Yet, all good things must come to an end - or so that's what the elders would say. In the 7th year of Arthur's reign upon the kingdom, the people of Camelot received news that the shores of the Broken Islands were invaded by the tribes of Ma'arn - a small land located northwest of Camelot which lies beyond the Shivering Seas. These tribes were no longer divided but were united under a king of their own whom they called, the King of Skulls.

They raided monasteries, establishing their own settlements and even reaching mainland Camelot to raid the villages that were located near the shores of the kingdom. Arthur and the Round Table made efforts to prevent further attacks of the Ma'arnic people, sending well trained armies stationed at the shores and engaging in several battles that would result in multiple decisive victories for Camelot. But the King of Skulls is more than just a raider from a foreign land, he adapted to the strategies used by Camelot's generals and began gaining small victories in several engagements. Seeing the potential growing threat of the Ma'arnic invaders, Arthur sent Sir Gwayne (or rather, Lord Gwayne because of his efforts in the war against Ma'arn) to find help.

Thus, Lord Gwayne now wanders the land, searching the one man who could help Camelot - the legendary Green Knight.

Dramatis Personae

Lord Gwayne of the Sun's Blade
Lord Bertilak of the Emerald Chapel, the Green Knight
Lord Percival Dragonstorm of Dragonspire
Edeva Rolfe (https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92510&p=3009791&viewfull=1#post3009791) played by bluemoon

Lord Gwayne of the Sun's Blade
Lord Gwayne (or Gwaine, Gawain) is a knight of the Round Table, a member of the most prestigious knighthood order established to protect the land of Camelot from the clutches of evil and tyranny. He was known to many as Arthur's cousin, upholding his vows as a knight and is also known as the Maiden's Knight. Like the other knights of the Round Table, he possesses a magical ability that allows his strength and stamina to increase throughout the day and peaks when the clock strikes 12 at noon. At day, he has the ability to passively regenerate minor to less severe wounds while it would completely halt when the sun sets and moon rises.

He was known as the Sun's Blade because of his ability and reputation with the sword as he also wielded the ancestral weapon known as Angheliar (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/iceandfire/images/6/61/Morningsword.png/revision/latest?cb=20160205022330) which had a blade that reflected light, making it glow like a bright star. Angheliar possesses the sharpness of ancient legendary weapons like Excalibur and is much stronger than iron. Its hilt were coated with brass and a sharp pommel. Gwayne had a brown coat of hair with streaks of gold and eyes that would seem to glitter like ice with a pale skin.

Lord Bertilak of the Emerald Chapel
Not much is known about the Green Knight himself except he resided in a lonely castle located near the Godslake - a lake where the Lady of the Lake resided. His most famous encounter with the Round Table is recorded in the Tale of the Green Knight and the Sun's Champion (https://www.enotes.com/topics/sir-gawain-and-the-green-knight) or otherwise known as "Sir Gwayne and the Green Knight." Nevertheless, he was described as having a large body and a tremendous strength, some would argue that it's equal to the strength of a Giant or even a demigod. He radiates a green, almost ghostly aura which earned him the title itself while wearing a plate armor upon his heavily armored steed. Some said he is a figure of a long forgotten past, others claimed that he is the ghost of the Lord of the Lonely Fort. Some claimed he wielded a battleaxe while others spoke of a greatsword forged by the gods of Godslake themselves.

Lord Percival Dragonstorm, the Black Knight of Dragonspire
A prestigious member of the Round Table, Percival was also a part of the influential noble family known as Dragonstorm. He is deadly with the blade, some noting that he is much deadlier than even Lord Gwayne himself who could even rival the knight's ever growing strength at day with nothing more than just his skills. Though he has the magical ability to conjure black flames that consume almost anything, Percival often chooses not to use it in battle and only call upon his ability as a last resort. His other titles were the Black Dragon and the Butcher of Ma'arn.

He is a handsome young man with a jet black hair and eyes that seemed to carry the color of the blazing flames. Percival was not older than his late 20s and was took up his vows as a knight during the age of 12 before being chosen by Arthur to be in the Round Table just eight years later. He wields a black bladed sword with thin ripple lines of gold upon its steel. It was found in the forests near Camelot and he wielded it since then. He wears a plate armor (https://pluspng.com/img-png/medieval-knight-png-hd-artstation-medieval-knights-models-crowd-turntable-video-david-munoz-velazquez-736.jpg) coated with a brass paint that wears off as time passes. Its left pauldron was shaped in a dragon's head and a sigil of a crimson biting a silver sword was painted upon the right pauldron.

This RP served as a prequel to my Song of Excalibur (https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92472) which is set a few years before the beginning of the roleplay itself. I aim to expand the lore and most importantly, detailing the downfall of Arthur's mental state from a benevolent and noble king to one tbat craves for power and control. So, events that happened here are canon to the TSoE-verse.

bluemoon
11-16-2018, 02:06 PM
Good morning! I will work on my intro later this morning. I can't wait to get this rolling!

Rha'az
11-16-2018, 02:15 PM
Alrighty! Take your time doing so! :)

bluemoon
11-16-2018, 04:36 PM
I present to you, Edeva, thief extraordinaire! If you would like, I could also put up an into to her brother, Aldis, who will be a presence perhaps later in the story.

Edeva Rolfe

Edeva was born in a small village a few miles outside the walls of Camelot. She was the second child of Edwina and Aldred Rolfe, peasant farmers that managed to eke out a living from their toils. Eva's birth was a difficult one--one from which her mother never recuperated. Edwina was bedridden for years and died when Eva was only three years of age. Her father fell into a state of misery and drink after his wife's death and as there were no other relatives to aid with her upbringing, Eva grew up without the aide of a female presence.

Due to necessity, Eva's older brother, Aldis, took to her care. She became what he molded. Aldis was a trouble maker and as would be expected, Eva fell into his lifestyle. His good looks, quick wit, and charm managed to keep him from retribution from his crimes, and when that failed, he had an instant alibi in his sister. She never learned the culinary arts or the ways of a woman, although she could maintain the ruse well enough for a short time. Instead, she learned to hunt and fight and steal.

When she was fourteen, she and her brother left the small village to strike out on their own. They lived the life of thieves and soon had their own band of "merry men" to aid them. At first, Eva played the role of cook to keep up appearances, but it didn't take long for the other members to decide they preferred their food palatable, instead of burned or undercooked, and her role changed to that of thief.

----------------------

Edeva is a lovely girl of twenty-four years, her beauty hidden beneath a layer of soot and grime. She has thick, gently waving auburn hair that reaches just below her shoulders, which typically is a matted mess. Her eyes are hazel, leaning towards the shade of green and her lips are a soft shade of rose. She wears a white blousy shirt with a brown overdress, topped with a leather corset. Her clothing is weather worn and never clean, as she prefers to maintain a rugged outward appearance. She often will trade out her dress for a pair of men's breeches when traveling. On her feet are a pair of knee-high leather boots--also well worn. Her weapon of choice is a short sword which she conceals under her skirt.

Rha'az
11-17-2018, 04:23 AM
Ooh there's our thief! Shall I proceed to the IC @bluemoon?

bluemoon
11-17-2018, 04:28 AM
If you feel that we are ready, then by all means, proceed! :D

Did you want our characters to meet pretty early on...say our second posts...or perhaps a little later?

Rha'az
11-17-2018, 04:37 AM
Hmm...we could need a few posts to flesh out our characters if that's alright

bluemoon
11-17-2018, 04:41 AM
That's perfectly fine...I just wanted to know your preference before we started.

BTW, do you ever sleep? You seem to be on here day and night. XD

Rha'az
11-17-2018, 04:51 AM
When it's morning for you, it's night for me XD. I live in the eastern hemisphere, more precisely in South East Asia.

bluemoon
11-17-2018, 04:57 AM
I figured as such...I had looked up The Land Below The Wind as you suggested and figured our time zones were different. I suppose it's just a lucky guess that you determined I am in the USA. :)

Rha'az
11-17-2018, 03:19 PM
I figured you lived somewhere west of Asia or something close along those lines. Then again, it's a lucky guess for sure XD

bluemoon
11-17-2018, 11:05 PM
I loved your intro! The battle scene was really cool!

I just posted, and I apologize if there are mistakes. I was in a rush to finish. ...and conversations are not my strong point.

Rha'az
11-17-2018, 11:45 PM
Thanks! Battle scenes were a bit hard to write especially there's quite to pay attention.

Also, I'll be writing my own reply soon :D

bluemoon
11-18-2018, 05:24 PM
I will get a post to you tonight or tomorrow morning. :)

Rha'az
11-19-2018, 03:24 AM
Alrighty! Take your time :D

bluemoon
11-19-2018, 04:22 AM
All done! I hope you don't mind I made the decision to make it evening. I figured Lord Gwayne would probably be leaving in the morning so it made sense. Anyhow, it is your turn and I look forward to reading your next post...but no rush. :)

BTW, I was hoping you could give me a few more details on Gwayne, such as his age, tall/short, broad/slender, etc. Just something more for Edeva to notice when she first sees him.

Rha'az
11-19-2018, 05:47 AM
Alrighty posted!

bluemoon
11-19-2018, 06:13 AM
Yay! :D

I assume we have now passed onto the following night? Or has it been longer?

Also, are you good with the attempt to rob him to occur the following morning? I would like to discuss the event with you a bit...by that, I mean, I have a question....will Dwayne dismount when he sees Edeva in the road? I only ask as it will determine how my next post will end.

Rha'az
11-19-2018, 06:18 AM
Yes, he will. Considering he is the Maiden's Knight, he'd most likely feel sorry.