PDA

View Full Version : [M] Guardian of the Sacred Sword (Holey & yzaidkane)

Holeypaladin
12-29-2018, 12:42 AM
After a long journey, a certain knight known as Gavane was finally approaching his destination. An otherwise nondescript pool of pure water... so pure and pristine that it could not be of natural origin in a world filled with magic. It was precisely because of the unnatural nature of this pool that he sought it out... for it was said to be home to a Naiad, or water nymph, who was the custodian of a certain Sacred Sword.

Like many other magical swords, this one in particular was not meant to be wielded by the undeserving... and though Gavane was no amateur when it came to swordplay, his objective was not to wield the sword, but to protect it. For there were forces of evil at play who were seeking to destroy the weapon, or even worse, corrupt it through various acts of malice.

As he came closer to the pool, the knight dismounted from his conjured steed, approaching on foot with his hands raised in a nonthreatening manner. From what he had heard of nymphs, they tended to be quite shy, and if the naiad had no intentions of revealing herself to him, he may never see her.

"I'm here to seek out the naiad of this spring," he said aloud to no one in particular, figuring she would hear him even if she chose not to reveal herself. "My goal is not to cause harm, but to provide protection from those who would."

yzaidkane
12-29-2018, 12:54 AM
You hear a disembodied voice it is soft like the murmur of the spring. "Come closer... Step into the water. Let it be a judge of your character..." You can't see me even as I stand in front of you camoflaged with the water. I observe you curiously from under the mirror like surface. Very few come most come to try and take the sword but none have ever come to protect it.

The pond even if clear doesn't show it's bottom for it is deeper than anyone but naiads and mermaids could survive. The water too pure and magical for anything unpure or vile to touch it. Lillypads cover the center And many flowers and trees cover it's border. I await to see what you will do.

Holeypaladin
01-01-2019, 10:56 PM
The knight listened as the voice of the nymph spoke to him. He had expected some sort of test to prove his intentions, and was well aware of the fact that once he stepped in to the water, the lady that dwelled within would be able to read his thoughts and feel his emotions... there would be no hiding, from that point on. It was, in a sense, a test of purity... in thought, word, and spirit, and though he knew he was good enough as a person, it still made him feel self-conscious.

"Alright then..." he said, slowly stepping in to the water. His thoughts and consciousness were fragmented in comparison to typically humans, but his intentions were true. "What's your name?" he asked the naiad. "Will you show yourself, now that you've seen so much of me?" He could indeed sense the presence of the fairy creature in the water, not far from him, and though he knew a spell or two that could have revealed her, he chose instead to wait for her to do so of her own will.

yzaidkane
01-02-2019, 03:29 PM
I smile as your intentions show true. I nod and move so I am floating just above the surface of the water. "I am the keeper of this pond and the keeper of the sword... You heart and mind ring true yet you do not wish to wild the sword?"

My whole look is strange I am rather different to the other naiads you have met my skin a dark chocolate color and glimmering white hair my face is pretty and ageless very few had seen me and even less had lived to tell the tale.

My golden eyes stare at you rather curiously and you don't fail to realize I wear nothing only my long hair covered pieces of my breast.

Holeypaladin
01-06-2019, 09:01 PM
Watching as the nymph revealed herself to him and floated over the water, the knight settled his gaze on her, taking in her appearance, or at least what she chose to show him. From what he knew of fairies, she could pretty much look like whatever she wanted to by using glamour magic, so there was no saying what her true form looked like. It was clear she didn't mind showing him her bare body like this, so he had no reason not to admire it.

"I don't claim to be the chosen one, or whatever," he said with a shrug, reaching into his pack to pull out a hair brush as he noted the way her hair clung to her bare breasts. Handing her the brush, he added, "Simply getting to look at the sword would be enough for me." He was curious why she didn't say her name, but figured he shouldn't press the issue too much.

"I'm Gavane, by the way," he said, "But you probably knew that already." Perhaps she hadn't said her name because he had not yet formally introduced himself to the naiad.

yzaidkane
01-07-2019, 10:25 PM
I bow my head as I stare at the brush a smile on my lips. "You may call me Aqua..." I grab it in my hand my fairy counterpart loving the offering.

"Thank you for the offering... As for the sword I am sorry... Only the chosen one may weild or get to it... I am only here to guard it..."

I look at you walking a circle as I look at you "I do not know if the sword will reveal itself to you... But you are welcomed to try... Your pure intent and offering get you through my part of the trial..."

Holeypaladin
01-10-2019, 10:37 PM
Continuing to gaze at the bare form of the water nymph, the knight was glad to see her readily accept the ornate golden hair brush, though he wasn't sure if she had much use for it if she could simply glamour her hair into looking like whatever she wanted it to. Still, it was pretty, and she seemed to be happy with it, so it worked for the time being.

"Nice to meet you, Aqua," he said to her, continuing to admire her form as she walked around him. "I'm not sure what the trial consists of, but like I said, my primary goal is not to claim the weapon, but to protect it. I have other weapons which should serve my purpose in doing so, after all." Though the nymph was the guardian, Gavane was far more suited to violence than the peaceful fairy creature, so he would be the one to guard the guardian, and slay her enemies.

"Any suggestions how to pass the time? I expect the forces of darkness will come eventually... until that happens, we seem to have a bit of free time."

yzaidkane
01-11-2019, 01:45 AM
"do not be fooled by apearnces young knight... I have protected the sword from the moment of it's creation... It was in this water that it was tempered..." I smile and start brushing my hair happily

"I do appreciate the offering... It's been long since any mortal has come to my shore... And even more for them bearing gifts..." I walk to the shore and sit on one of the rocks clothing forming across my skin garments as light as the mist near the waterfall.

Holeypaladin
01-15-2019, 02:26 AM
Watching as the nymph began to brush her hair, the knight continued to appreciate her appearance, noting how her breasts became as exposed as the rest of her body as she brushed the hair that covered them. He was disappointed, however, as the clothing began to form around her, concealing the skin that she had chosen to reveal to him, but made no comment on it as he climbed up onto a nearby rock to take his seat.

"Glad you like it," he remarked, not sure what else to say or do as she had chosen not to answer his question, for whatever reason. "Aren't swords normally tempered in hot oil?" he asked, realizing that if it had been tempered in ordinary water, the cooling process would have been too fast, and caused the metal of the sword to shatter. Then again, the water of her spring was far from ordinary, so perhaps the magical properties had done something to offset the rapid cooling process.

yzaidkane
01-15-2019, 05:49 PM
"not this sword... The water in my spring is different from the normal ones... I am a protector of the ancient feary spring... I am the one who can give power to the water... A sword of truth and life had to be purged differently" I look over at the water and it shimmers with magic and power.

I place the brush into the water and it shimmers into the dark depth. "What are these enemies you speak off?" I look up at you rather curious my slightly pointy ears perk up as I turn to look at you.

Holeypaladin
01-17-2019, 01:12 AM
The knight nodded as the nymph went on to confirm what he had already suspected in regards to the sword, and the way it was tempered. There were ways to use water to temper a weapon, after all... such as coating it in clay to prevent it from cooling too quickly, for when you wanted the weapon to absorb the magical properties of the fairy spring. "Makes sense," he remarked, figuring it was as good an explanation as any.

As she went on to speak of enemies, he noticed something moving at the far edge of the spring. "Well, enemies like that one over there," he remarked, before incanting "Nil'gnos" in the language of dragons. In response to his incantation, several bolts of magical force energy appeared, blasting the creature in the chest and causing it to fall forward, dead, revealing a disgusting goblinoid creature.

"It seems I have some work to do," he said as he stood up. "Those things are never alone... where there's one, there's an army. That one was just a scout... there rest are no doubt close behind. You're welcome to stay here while I deal with them... they're pretty weak individually, though large numbers of them can be quite dangerous." With that, he began to make his way in the direction where the goblin scout had come from.

yzaidkane
01-17-2019, 11:09 AM
I only jump slightly at the sudden burst of power. "I am not a maiden in need of protecting!" I stand up and follow you using my magic to cover the spring in glamour.

You see something shift in the way I walk and act I no longer look cute and innocent. Now I look more like a predator that has found some prey. I look determined and my eyes are cold you see the shimmer of magic and I listen "they are that way...." I point to where I mean. You see as the roots move from our way and how it seems I am not only tied to my spring for power.

Holeypaladin
01-22-2019, 03:44 AM
Giving a shrug at the words of the nymph, the knight showed little reaction to her outrage. "They probably have steel weapons, though," he remarked. "So at least allow me to hold their attention." The secret to a fairy's weakness was no great mystery... the old poems spoke of cold iron being the bane of fairy kind. In truth, it was a poetic name for weaponized steel... the weapons of mortal man, and the embodiment of industry and change for a race that was resistant to change. Wounds caused by weaponized steel could easily prove fatal to a fairy... which was why Gavane felt it better for himself to be the target of such weaponry, as his armor was more than sufficient protection.

Nodding at the nymph as she began to act more predatory, the knight remarked, "So it seems. If you want to help, I suggest using your Glamour to stay out of sight, and confuse our enemies. I'll handle the up close and personal work." Heading off in the direction the naiad had indicated, it wasn't long until Gavane found himself surrounded on all sides by goblinoid opponents wielding steel knives and short swords.

"I'm afraid those won't help you much against me," he said as an iron-tipped arrow glanced harmlessly off his helmet. Tapping in to his Foundry circuit, he conjured forth a large polearm seemingly from nowhere, and swept it through three of the creatures with a single stroke, the magically-sharpened head of the polearm making quick work of the creatures. One of them aimed a crossbow at him, but he stepped aside at the last moment, the crossbow bolt hitting one of the goblin's companions in the head instead of the knight. It seemed he was the focus of their attention, for the time being at least, which was exactly how he wanted it.

yzaidkane
01-22-2019, 03:01 PM
I dissapear from sight a laugh on my lips. "I will stay of of sight then..." I conjure mist and illusions to startle and confuse the enemies. You catch only glimpses of me a shimering form here some golden eyes there. My power spirals and shimers the nature abd ambient working in your favor and against our enemies.

You hear my dissebodied voice and laugh as i do all of this.

Holeypaladin
02-05-2019, 01:08 AM
The knight continued to face the goblinoid enemies head on, his weapon preventing any of them from getting too close. Occasionally a goblin would attempt to outflank him, but with the help of the nymph's distracting magic, and through his own skill in maneuvering the battlefield against multiple opponents, he would simply make a quick turn with a lethal stroke, often cleaving the goblin in half.

It was clear the goblins realized that he wasn't their only opponent, yet when they attempted to search for the girl who had called herself Aqua, it only left them open, and with expert precision Gavane capitalized on their openings, thrusting through one of them before removing the head of another with a brutally efficient swing of his polearm. The ranged weapons of the goblinoids were of little consequence, as the illusions of mist made it difficult for them to see the knight, much less get a clear shot.

Before long, all that remained visible on the forest floor were the bloody remains of goblinoids, and the knight standing above them. "That was... effective," he said to the naiad. "Looks like that's all of them. You can probably show yourself, now."

yzaidkane
02-05-2019, 04:45 PM
I appear in front of you a smile on my lips my features are still darkskined and I float a few inches above the ground. "You fight well knight it has been a while since I've been in combat."

Holeypaladin
02-09-2019, 01:48 AM
The knight was unsurprised as the nymph appeared once more before him. It seemed like her features may have been slightly different than before, though her skin color remained unchanged. Her display of glamour, however, told him that she really could appear just about however she wanted before him, and there was no telling what her true form was. He supposed he could use abjuration magic to dispel her illusions, or divination to see through them... but it seemed rude to do so, so he refrained for the time being.

"This was nothing," he said, gesturing over the scattered corpses of the unseelie goblinoids. "Our enemies have much stronger opponents... orcs, dragons, and evil men, to name a few. Many of them are likely to have magic of their own at their command, so it won't always be this simple. This may have been the first combat you've seen in awhile... but it's unlikely to be your last. Shall we head back, for now?"

yzaidkane
02-11-2019, 07:36 PM
I nod a bit " i need to prepare if we are going to go out of this area..." i look up softly my head tilting my eyes glow and you hear a strangled choke behind you and you see a harpy fall from a branch she is gagging and burst into a cloud of feathers. " watch the skies... harpies as scouts..."

Holeypaladin
02-17-2019, 04:27 AM
Thinking over the words of the nymph, the knight raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean? We need to stay and protect the sword, no matter what they send at us. There's a lot of enemies, true, but it's not like we're the only good guys in the world. Most likely, they'll send waves of increasing difficulty at us, rather than hitting us with everything at once, which will allow us to level up our teamwork and give us a chance to rest between fights. That's typically how these things work, right?"

He glanced over to where the bird woman fell, using his Foundry circuit to conjure forth a crossbow. Aiming it upward, he released a bolt which took another one down, yet the rest simple scattered and fled. "Well, our enemy will know this pond is not unguarded, now," he remarked. Glancing over to the naiad, he said, "The next wave will be a bit stronger, no doubt... we should get back to your water to recover our strength and magical energy. It's the source of your power, is it not?"

yzaidkane
02-17-2019, 04:06 PM
"All of the lands I protect is my power source... I was blessed by the gods to be able to draw magic and energy from where ever I am... they knew that at times I might have to move the sword from place to place to keep it well guarded and protected... if there is nature I can replenish magic and such..."

I look down at the ground at my feet "as well as... I am circumstantially immortal... as long as the sword is under my guard I cannot die..." I seem rather sad at this as if I did not want to be immortal or as powerful as I currently am. with a soft sigh and a puff of breath, I start walking back to the spring knowing you will follow me.

Holeypaladin
02-20-2019, 03:50 AM
The knight wasn't one to believe in the omnipotence or immortality of anything, god or fairy, and so he took the girl's words with a grain of salt. No doubt she believed what she said, as fairies were unable to lie, but there was a difference between a lie and a lack of information. "Perhaps you can draw energy from nature," he said, "But what of the sword? To remove it from its spring of origin... at the very least we would need to bring some of the magical waters with us."

He made his way to her side, noting the way she looked down and slowly reaching out to stroke her hair. He wasn't sure how much of her was real, and how much was Glamour, but wanted to provide some measure of comfort. "Nothing is truly immortal... even gods can be killed. But when you live for so long.... you must get lonely," he remarked, walking her back to the spring. "Do you often long for companionship, Aqua?" He realized this was most likely not her true name, as knowing the true name of a fairy meant having power over her, yet he still used the nickname she had provided him, as it wasn't his goal to have such power over her.

yzaidkane
02-20-2019, 12:02 PM
"I can freeze it in a bubble of the springs water... ancient magic is something to be reckoned with..." I look up at you when you touch my hair.

I look away but the blush and shyness in my features makes the answer quite clear "yes... it does get quite lonely"

Holeypaladin
02-25-2019, 02:15 AM
The knight thought over the words of the nymph. "Freezing water... that's actually pretty brilliant. Sealing it in ice is a definite solution, should we need to remove it from this location... but what if they corrupt the spring while we're gone?" The corruption of the magic spring was a very real possibility, as the dark fairies were more than capable of doing so to an unprotected spring. Would having the magical source corrupted affect the ice that encompassed the weapon, though?

Noting the way the naiad betrayed her reaction to his touch with her shy blush, the knight found her to be quite adorable. "Well, then you must be grateful for the company, right?" As she hadn't shied away from his touch, he could only assume that it wasn't entirely unwelcome, and he began to trace his fingers through her hair and down her back. He expected her garments were made entirely of glamour and that his fingers would only touch the bare skin of her back to prove this, though he gave the nymph plenty of time to pull away if she so desired.

yzaidkane
02-25-2019, 12:17 PM
"No I could freeze the magical esscense of the lake... as for it getting corrupted as long as I am in contact with the water it won't get contaminated." I make a hum like noise of confusion as you move your hand to my back you can feel my warm skin it is soft like velvet.

"As for the company it is not unwanted" you see me shiver at your touch the clothes melt away and I look away my curly white hair is soft and I stand dangerously still. You van compare the look on my face like a deer about to bolt at the slightest disturbance

Holeypaladin
03-02-2019, 03:45 AM
"Ah... that could work," the knight remarked in reference to the essence of the lake. He figured the nymph knew far more about what she had to do in order to protect the magic of the sword and of her water than he did, so if the situation called for them to leave... well, he would be ready. His first choice was of course to simply kill everything that tried to corrupt the spring or take the sword, of course, but there was always the chance that this might not be possible.

Gazing at the naiad, he noted her words, giving a nod as he began to trace his fingers down her back. Her glamour seemed to be fading, perhaps due to the distractions of her thoughts, and she seemed to be quite anxious. "You don't need to worry..." he said, gazing at her now naked body as his hand drifted down to the back of her bare back. "I'll take good care of you."

He slowly pulled her closer, pressing his lips up against hers to give her a tender kiss, allowing her to get used to the sensation before giving her another, deeper kiss and wrapping his arms around her slender nymph body, caressing her soft skin as he held her closer in his arms.

yzaidkane
03-04-2019, 01:46 PM
A puff of magic as you kiss me and i seem to disappear you see a small white flower where i standed it is a white narcusus flower. You can sense magic from it and you know i turned into the flower to avoid the secon kiss. I shape back and im sitting on the floor my white curly hair covering my dark red face. I seem flustered and rather cute and innocent.

Holeypaladin
03-15-2019, 02:41 AM
The knight couldn't help but chuckle as the nymph transformed into a flower, looking at the flower for a time and waiting, watching as she turned back into her nymph form and gazing at her red face. "You're a rather adorable little nymph, aren't you?" he asked as he slowly sat next to her, gazing at her innocent, blushy face for a time, noting how she didn't seem to really have much to say.

"I won't hurt you, you know," he said to her, gently stroking her hair once again. "We're gonna end up spending a lot of time together from now on, so I want you to be comfortable." Thinking for a moment, he gazed at her a bit more, eventually asking, "Where would you like me to touch you, then?" He offered her his hand so that she could place it wherever she wanted.

yzaidkane
03-15-2019, 12:28 PM
"I am not adorable..." I shuffle softly and look rather shy looking "I know you won't hurt me it's just I am not used too people being around me... "

At your words I blush even darker and I hold your hand I look up at you and I place your hand on the top of my messy hair. I look up at you my wide eyes hiding a mischievous intentions. I move closer a bit. "It's just... I haven't had anyone around for so long..." I sit next to you clothes shimmering into existence over my body.

Holeypaladin
03-27-2019, 10:23 PM
Chuckling somewhat at the words of the nymph, the knight gazed at her a bit. "What's wrong with being adorable? Adorable girls are the best girls, you know." He waited for her to move closer, continuing to gaze her her, though somewhat disappointed as her clothes once more shimmered into existence. As she placed his hand on her hair, he began to stroke it softly, grooming her a bit.

"It's fine..." he said, caressing her hair a bit more. "It's not my intention to make you uncomfortable, but... well, if company is such a rare thing, there's no reason you shouldn't enjoy it as much as possible, right?" He patted his lap, offering to let her sit there if she liked, yet resisting the urge to simply pick her up and put her there. "Breaks like these might not come often if the Unseelie continue to attack..." he murmured.

yzaidkane
03-28-2019, 10:40 AM
I am blushing darkly but obey you moving into your lap. I nod as you speak but I take a bit of time to answer. I seem calm as I sit there with you my fidgety nature calming a bit from feeling safe around you. "You are right... Peaceful moments and company do not last forever... If they did there would be no point to my job of guardian of the sword..." I start humming softly as you pet my hair.

After a while I speak again "you are rare for a human... Especially compared with those I've met previously..." Most humans I had encountered were greedy things, most only wanted the sword a few others also wanted to force me to belong to them as well. I can tell you want me especially from the way you eye me and treat me but you haven't tried to force me into anything. And I am very grateful for that it is a nice change to the usual boring rutine.

Holeypaladin
04-02-2019, 12:34 AM
The knight watched as the nymph moved into his lap, feeling her soft body sink into it as he gazed at her. Though her garments seemed to be back, the fact that they were made of glamour meant that there was now, essentially, a naked girl sitting in his lap... the thought of which causing an involuntary response which was no doubt poking against her bare skin now.

"I try to be considerate, at least..." the knight remarked, trying not to focus so much yet still enjoying her warmth in his lap. "It's important that we get along, if we're going to be working together." Trying to think of a way to say something, he paused for awhile and said, "Are you... familiar with the ritual that allows us to share in each others' magical power?" It was a rather... intimate ritual, which was why he had difficulty wording it properly.

yzaidkane
04-02-2019, 01:18 AM
"there are many different ways of sharing power with someone... I am not sure to which you refer... I am familiar with the cadre bond and a few others.... As for intimite I think I have heard of such a way but I have never experienced it for myself..." I speak softly but surely as if recollecting previous thoughts and ways I had studied magic before I was trapped as the guardian of the sword.

"What exactly do you propose? If you wish to tell me that is?" I can tell you are veiling your intentions and that you aren't being fully forthcoming or direct with what you wish to say. My golden eyes state up at you curiously and my hair makes a wild tangle of soft curls over my body. A body that is warm and velvety soft and sitting in your lap willingly.