PDA

View Full Version : Out of Dormancy

StormyNyte
12-31-2018, 11:29 PM
Brace yourselves, the dragon is back! It's been well over 2 years since I've last been seriously engaged with RPA, but I feel it is high time I get some air beneath these wings again, so to speak. I'd love to shake off the dust with a decent 1x1 or two, but be warned... I'm a bit out of practice. I am open to any genre or story line suggestions. Just let me know if you're interested in helping this ol' winged lizard get back to her A-game.

UPDATE!

Here are a few possible pairings:

Pairing #1

This can play out a few different ways, depending on what we come up with together. YC is an Orc and either takes MC prisoner during a raid or purchases her at a slave market. I prefer to play wilder character races with a good bit of primal influence, but I can play almost any race if needed. This can get as gritty as you’d like or be as lighthearted as you need. I don’t mind a bit of smut or brutality with this one (with Orcs, it’s kind of expected), but please be able to work with me to formulate a decent storyline to go along with it. If kindness or feelings are involved, I feel it should be more of a slow-burn. I enjoy character growth through adversity and strife.
Pairing #2

MC is a researcher that has either had a hand in creating YC or was brought in as an independent researcher to assist in study and experimentation. This can also be flipped so that YC is the researcher and MC is the experiment, but honestly I think I'm better suited for the researcher role with this one. This story line is meant to be more dark in nature and there will be agony inflicted for the sake of science. MC could also be a researcher with a soft heart that tries to gain YC’s trust in order to get the job done with as little trauma as possible. Those details can be hammered out in the plot discussion though.
Pairing #3

MC and YC are differing races who are both captives of the same group of people. There should be a lot of racial tension between MC and YC, but they realize that in order to escape they will have to work together.
Pairing #4
MC is a centuries old dragon who had single handedly brought the country to its knees. A group of knights and powerful mages had finally managed to end her reign of terror. Though they hadn't been able to slay her, they did manage to trap her in a humanesque form. Now, she resides in a single tower cell, guarded round the clock. YC is one of the newest recruits to continue the watch and ensure she does not escape and find a way to break free of the enchantment that holds her in her weakened form.
Pairing # 5
Okay, this pairing is mainly just for fun and can be moulded to fit a wide range of storyline scenarios. Centaurs are both entertaining and challenging to play, so they always provide a fresh twist no matter what the story arch is. This is probably the only pairing that I have a working character sheet for, since I typically play a warrior type based on larger draft breeds but the basics and physiques can easily be tweaked to fit whatever we plot out.
There will be more to come as time rolls on, so keep checking back. I’m also more than happy to hear any other plots or pairing ideas, so just send me a PM and we’ll discuss it!

Vaidia
01-01-2019, 09:00 PM
I'm a bit in the same boat with wanting to get back into the rp train, so I'd be willing to help with reigniting the spark (ha), if you don't mind someone else a bit out of practice.

StormyNyte
01-01-2019, 09:10 PM
I'm a bit in the same boat with wanting to get back into the rp train, so I'd be willing to help with reigniting the spark (ha), if you don't mind someone else a bit out of practice.

I'm 100% fine with that. Shoot me a private message with any story line ideas you may have and we'll see what happens.

Holeypaladin
01-02-2019, 03:14 AM
Somehow, I get the impression you like dragons...

StormyNyte
01-02-2019, 03:24 AM
Somehow, I get the impression you like dragons...

Nah, I'm more of a griffon fan lol

Holeypaladin
01-02-2019, 03:50 AM
Griffins are cool, too!

StormyNyte
01-02-2019, 04:07 AM
Griffins are cool, too!

But not as cool as dragons! XD

Holeypaladin
01-03-2019, 01:29 AM
Let's think of some ideas involving dragons, griffins, or both!

StormyNyte
01-03-2019, 01:44 AM
Let's think of some ideas involving dragons, griffins, or both!

Shoot me a PM and we'll brainstorm

Scarlet Kitten
01-20-2019, 04:00 AM
I would be interested in a RP. I have a few idea, if you would be willing to do an anime based one?

StormyNyte
01-20-2019, 04:09 AM
I would be interested in a RP. I have a few idea, if you would be willing to do an anime based one?

I'm not really familiar with many animes, but PM me and we can discuss.

Scarlet Kitten
01-20-2019, 04:30 AM
StormyNyte;
Pm'd you

StormyNyte
02-09-2019, 03:48 PM
1x1 spots still open

NightingaleRed1
02-25-2019, 12:51 AM
Is this the correct thread? Sorry, been awhile.

StormyNyte
02-25-2019, 12:52 AM
Indeed, it is.

NightingaleRed1
02-25-2019, 04:01 AM
Cool. So, brainstorming?

StormyNyte
02-25-2019, 02:12 PM
Well, if we're going with a space/alien RP, I kind of like the thought of something along the lines of a space odyssey to find a new livable planet.

Fantasy is my main jam though and I'm willing to play almost any story line with it as long as it's well thought out. You might check out my interest check for Bloodlines: The Awakening, I may be able to tweak it to be more of a 1x1 storyline.

NightingaleRed1
02-26-2019, 04:05 AM
That could be interesting. It's been awhile since I've done non medieval fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Either is fine with me. If we go sci fi though, I want to be a space marine. XD J.k. Sorry, channeling Aliens.

StormyNyte
02-26-2019, 10:21 AM
I'm good with Aliens based also lol been a bit since I've seen the movies, but I'm sure I can refresh myself.

Also, congratulations! You're officially no longer in forum newbie status. :)

NightingaleRed1
02-27-2019, 02:37 AM
XD Oh, I just meant I wanted to be a cool space marine, but every time I use that term (space marine), I think of the ones from Aliens. XD

Cool!. And thanks. XD

Or Elder Scrolls. That's another option if you're interested?

StormyNyte
02-27-2019, 03:01 AM
I'm only super familiar with Skyrim, but I LOVED Skyrim, so I'd be all for that lol

NightingaleRed1
02-27-2019, 04:07 AM
Cool XD Would you want to base it around the main storyline or deviate from it?

NightingaleRed1
02-28-2019, 02:05 AM
If you want to go that route.

StormyNyte
02-28-2019, 02:18 AM
I like to deviate. Gives more room to get creative.

NightingaleRed1
02-28-2019, 03:21 AM
Agreed. XD Would it be set in Skyrim then?

StormyNyte
02-28-2019, 04:08 AM
Preferably so, that's the only area whose topography I'm really familiar with.

NightingaleRed1
02-28-2019, 04:17 AM
Same (ish) time period (i.e., is the civil war part of the background(but maybe not super important))? Or sometime in the past or future?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to think of possible plot line generators. It'll kind of depend on the setting though. Also, how do you feel about Daedra? Because the Princes are always good for generating quests/general shenanigans.

StormyNyte
02-28-2019, 10:24 AM
I'd say sometime after the war. I also enjoy the Daedra, they're wickedly fun.

NightingaleRed1
03-02-2019, 12:38 AM
Sweet. XD Who won the war? Are the Thalmor still running around? Do we want to brainstorm plot first, or talk about characters and build a plot around them?

NightingaleRed1
03-02-2019, 12:43 AM
Sorry my posts are kind of sporadic. Weekends are usually best, but work has been a bit hectic.

StormyNyte
03-02-2019, 01:00 AM
It's all good, PM me now that you're no longer in noob status and we'll hash something out.

Breggo13
03-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Hey, interested in a high fantasy 1x1! Send me a PM if you are still looking (same shoes as you, been so long since I was active on RPA)

P.S. Your Bloodlines: The Awakening sounds interesting as well >.>

bluemoon
03-09-2019, 09:53 PM
Moon shuffles in carrying a small leather pouch. Her clothes are stained and torn, the shoes from her feet missing. She has a lopsided smile on her face, despite the bits of flesh that dangle freely from her cheek. "I got 'em Stormy!" she says in her husky voice, the decaying vocal chords no longer functioning as they should. She opens the pouch, spilling an assortment of old coins into her palm. The gold has been buffed to a shine, and the zombie holds one up to the light.

"We have the means now...to travel the world. The Ogre is dead and our troubles are over!"

StormyNyte
03-10-2019, 08:36 PM
"We have the means now...to travel the world. The Ogre is dead and our troubles are over!"
"HUZZAH! We shall celebrate your victory in epic fashion!" The dragon's toothy smile dissolves to a grimace as she watches Moon's arm slowly slough from its socket to land with a sickly splat on the floor. "Uh... right after we fix that. Heheh... "

MidKnight
03-18-2019, 05:08 AM
Dragons?....Why do I get this feeling I've met you before?

StormyNyte
03-18-2019, 10:12 AM
Because I'm omnipresent?

MidKnight
03-19-2019, 04:25 AM
Dat too

StormyNyte
10-25-2019, 12:35 AM
Bump