PDA

View Full Version : Hero Shoes

Ryex
12-06-2010, 06:58 AM
Hero Shoes

There is a rather famous fashion company specializing in shoes called Hero Shoes and the people in Denver Colorado are getting all excited because of an announcement that there was a branch opening up down town. An add on Tv announced that they were holding a contest to pick theme for their next line of shoes. Entrants would submit a supper power and then be entered into a drawing. winners would have a shoe design after their chosen supper power and receive the first pair of shoes off the line to try out before they went on sale.

or at least that is what the unsuspecting contestants think, little did the entrants know that the shoes would come with a few... quirks.

when the unsuspecting character put one their new shoes they will be unable to take them off and they will gain the superpower they chose as their theme. but the shoes have a few bugs for example the poor fellow who chose flight as his super power won't be able to hover only keep moving in a strait line from where they started until they stop. oh and there are some... side effects. you won't mind if granting you the power of flight makes your hair grow REALLY fast will you? like a foot a day?

Blessed With Suck (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlessedWithSuck), those who find their powers unsatisfactory or just want to take the stupid things off embark on a journey to find those responsible for their current predicament. and perhaps a hair cut... or two or three... a day. but there are a few... bumps, along the way.

challenges they may face include:
tracking the branch that never existed,
combating dangerous supper villains that have appeared form out of know where,
averting impossible natural disasters,
and balancing it all with the 9-5.

Contestants enter this contest by filling out a post card with the fallowing information and sending it in:

Full Name:
Name of super power you are submitting as a theme:
Description of how the above name super power works:

Rules

general role-play rules, you know the drill
as a requirement your power must be blessed with suck. it must come with some quirk that makes it debilitating to have or is so incredibly annoying. for example an inviable man could have an EM field around him that renders elections useless. (something that would be really annoying if the character was, say a lawyer why keeps track of his life using his cellphone). just sure you power is really inconvenient.

So are you interested?

The Imposter
12-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Yay! Ryex you got it up. So when we post up our card should we include the suckage along with it?

I'll edit it in once you give me an answer!

Full Name: Corey Stiltz
Name of super power you are submitting as a theme: Surf Balance
Description of how the above name super power works: Enhances equilibrium to amazing proportions, to where it is almost impossible to fall. However the molecular physical structure adapts to the 70% water and transforms into the H2O compound. So in other words in stressful situations or strong emotional responses triggers their body to turn into water. Depending on the stress level the wearer will be liquefied longer.

Ryex
12-06-2010, 08:49 PM
yep, I wan't to know the flaws. include them in the "how it works" field.

Ryex
12-06-2010, 09:37 PM
lol I forgot to remove that contact information section! I put it in there on a whim when I was thinking of a particular plot point. *edits first post*

hmm that is quite the original power, I like it, sound like he would be great at parkour.

some questions about liquefying: dose what he is wearing turn too? dose he lose his shape? and can he move while in water form?

The Imposter
12-06-2010, 10:42 PM
He'll be a surfer. I was thinking that it would be his clothes, as the shoes would also turn because he can't take them off. I don't think he'll be able to move though, more or less he becomes a puddle. Haha maybe he'll start carrying a mop and bucket with him once things start.

Ryex
12-06-2010, 10:49 PM
s suffer... in Denver Colorado, a place that is about as far from watter as you can get in the U.S.? I really hope he has taken up snowboarding as a replacement. well what ever he will be an interesting personality. Accepted.

LMM
12-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Full Name: Alexzandria 'Alex' Rayberry
Name of super power you are submitting as a theme: E-M-O : Emotional Murdrum Oblivious
Description of how the above name super power works: That feeling of sadness, or depression? The doctor said was an unbalance in your brain? Naw that was someone with the E-M-O power. The E-M-O power is the power to make others feel depressed, to feel sad. The E-M-O power, allows you to cause emotional distress to others, to make them see the dark cloud, not the silver lining. The bad thing is that when this power is used, the user will also become depressed, and emotionally distressed.

Ryex
12-07-2010, 02:56 AM
wow, now that is a lame supper power. AWESOME! Accepted.

LMM
12-07-2010, 10:21 PM
haha thanks :)

Ryex
12-08-2010, 06:55 PM
now how long should I wait to see if more people join....

The Imposter
12-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Was that a real question or a rhetorical one? If the former I'd post it in the looking for players (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975&page=21) thread or the games directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304&page=3) one, then give it two days or so.

Or you could just start it and once people see the killer funkadelic awesome factor then people will be begging to join. (You'll probably need a stick or bat to beat them away)

If the latter forget everything I just said.

LMM
12-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I believe I have to agree with Atma-Noah :)

Though I think a club would work best for keeping people away ;) haha

TheBaron
12-10-2010, 12:11 AM
I will join if you want me

TheBaron
12-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Full Name: Jamie Styrider
Name of super power you are submitting as a theme: Power Over Art
Description of how the above name super power works: This power works by granting the user power through the use of Poetry. The specifics of the power are control of the things that are summoned through the poetry. The downside is that the user can only speak in Latin. With the exception of when he uses poetry to access his powers.

Does that help at all

Ryex
12-10-2010, 03:36 AM
hmm, so what Jamie paints or describes in an artistic form becomes real? I need a little more clarification of what is possible.

also I take it that Jamie don't know Latin? but what ever they say comes out as Latin? I need a bit more information.

TheBaron
12-10-2010, 03:37 AM
Will edit it

Ryex
12-10-2010, 03:49 AM
also I'll share mine.

Name: Daveain Hornback
supper power: Velocity Volume Manipulation
how it works: Daveain can change the velocity inside a chosen volume to what ever value he desires and any positive difference is stored in his body. he can't increase the velocity of a volume unless he has the velocity stored previously. the power can even work on himself. the power can break the law of conservation of energy, if he stops a bullet storing the velocity inside his body he could then lunch a bolder at the same speed as the bullet. the side effect is that his body vibrates in proportion to the amount of velocity he has stored and he cant stop moving. constantly clenching and un-clenching his hand can allow him to stand still with out jogging in place but not for long. eating has become... difficult and sleep hard to achieve.

TheBaron
12-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Edited tell me if i need to do more or scrape the entire idea

Ryex
12-11-2010, 03:27 AM
I like the Idea and it is better formed now, but I feel like the description is lacking...

TheBaron
12-11-2010, 03:33 AM
What more do you need.

Merry
12-11-2010, 10:38 PM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/rpa/withfilter2-1.jpg

Ryex
12-11-2010, 11:52 PM
hmm, well I think it's good for now. I'f i have a problem with it when we start posting I'll let you know.

TheBaron
12-12-2010, 12:07 AM
k cool

Wander
12-12-2010, 02:23 AM
This roleplay sounds awesome. XD

*edited*
Full Name: Geo Valenki
Name of super power you are submitting as a theme: Inner Beast
Description of how the above name super power works: Turns the person into a large, 8 foot, furry beast that has large forearms, dog-like hind legs, increased senses, speed and strength. However, when the power is in use, the person's mindset will be replaced with one of a dog thus acting like one completely. The person may have uncontrollable urges which dogs usually have, such as sniffing other animal's behinds, rummaging through garbage cans for food, playing catch or fetch, running after cats, marking their territory everywhere they go and other annoying dog tendencies. These tendencies happen to the person even when in human form, but they're easier to control. However, just because it's easier, it doesn't mean it'll be no trouble at all.

Ryex
12-12-2010, 06:22 AM
do there tendencies persist even when not using the power? perhaps in a lessened amount?

Wander
12-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Hmm... Now that I think about it, I think it should do that in order to make it much more annoying. XD

Ryex
12-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Awesome, we will soon have a trope of inept super powered every day people!

Accepted

TheBaron
12-12-2010, 10:14 PM
how long until we start

Ryex
12-13-2010, 05:53 AM
hmm, I think i'll put up the IC tomorrow, probably in the afternoon, it all depends on when I wake up.

Inky
12-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Is there still time to join? If so:

Full Name: Lexi Bru
Name of super power you are submitting as a theme: Musical mastery
Description of how the above name super power works: Can pick up any instrument/sing and be instantaneously amazing at it. However, it's pretty pointless now, since her anxiety levels are through the roof and suddenly she's finding it hard to even look a person in the eye, nevermind perform. The more people there are around, the worse it gets.

Hope it's acceptable. ^^

TheBaron
12-13-2010, 01:56 PM
I am excited for the IC

Ryex
12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
the best musician in the world has the worst case of stage fright in the world. wow.
accepted

also I'll keep the RP open to people for a while after we start so If you want to join feel free to do so.

TheBaron
12-13-2010, 06:39 PM
okay so where are you going to post the IC i am excited

Ryex
12-14-2010, 08:13 AM
sorry, today was busier than I expected It'll have to wait till tomorrow.

as for where i'll post it; the general RP IC section.

TheBaron
12-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Okay cool thanks

Inky
12-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey, is this gonna start soon? D:

TheBaron
12-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Prob not

zealus
12-20-2010, 09:50 PM
If your still taking:
Full Name: Julian Finnegan
Name of super power you are submitting as a theme: Window blinding
Description of how the above name super power works:
By bending the laws of physics, Julian is able to cause the light particles to shift around him, rather then on him, rendering him entirely invisible to others. However, since light wont reach his eyes, Julian is also completely blind while in this state.
(edited because i didnt change it to what i was thinking of, rather then what the general idea was -.-)

Ryex
12-31-2010, 03:06 AM
sorry folks I'll start it in the next day or so, the holidays stole the internet from me. I'm back now though.

TheBaron
12-31-2010, 03:30 AM
That is fine

Merry
01-26-2011, 12:34 AM
This rp is being closed and recycled due to inactivity.
You can always restart this game by contacting a moderator or admin of the site.