PDA

View Full Version : 1X1 With Leanna - Hiya.

Leanna
06-12-2019, 07:25 PM
It's me.

Leannarrrrr.

Just fishing for some writing.

*casts pole and hook lands into RPA waters*

I'm not really sure what I want, other than what my profile says.

Good grammar and limited cringe.

Some cringe is good, I suppose.

bluemoon
06-12-2019, 08:54 PM
...but you must have some ideas...think woman think! :D

A lot of my RPs have recently drifted off into those RPA waters and I would be up for another 1x1...but...I also am lacking in ideas.

Holeypaladin
06-13-2019, 01:58 AM
Hmm what do you consider to be cringe?

Considering the sort of RPs I've seen you involved in, it looks like you have some interest in high fantasy with swords, elves, and wizards, yes?

Leanna
06-13-2019, 04:54 PM
...but you must have some ideas...think woman think! :D

A lot of my RPs have recently drifted off into those RPA waters and I would be up for another 1x1...but...I also am lacking in ideas.

You’re right. I didn’t even think at all. Lemme brainstorm and I’ll try to post some ideas.

Hmm what do you consider to be cringe?

Considering the sort of RPs I've seen you involved in, it looks like you have some interest in high fantasy with swords, elves, and wizards, yes?

Haha good question. I wrote that I don’t like cringe but have never actually answered that question. I think it’s sort of the basics in writing - unrealistic romancing, too powerful of characters, too much strong and too much beautiful.

In real life, most people aren’t stupidly attractive, so when every character is gorgeous it gets a bit cringe to my wee little eyes.

As for fantasy, it by no means is my favourite, but yes it seems to be what I get into mostly on here. Which... I’ve never written fantasy so it’s been new waters for me. I’m down for anything, honestly.

bluemoon
06-13-2019, 06:15 PM
How about this...two (or three) strangers from different worlds and/or times are thrown together due to some cataclysmic event which opens up a series of worm holes and/or rips in the fabric of time and are tossed from one place to another...allowing almost anything to occur (anywhere we can imagine)?

(I know this sounds really vague, but we could even incorporate places from books or movies...like Never Never Land or Atlantis.)

Edit---The idea comes from the show Sliders

Leanna
06-13-2019, 09:18 PM
:O

I lurve it.

Are you allowed to do tri-ops in the private forum? What are the rules here?

bluemoon
06-13-2019, 10:03 PM
I have sent the question on to Kris, 'cause I just don't know...lol.

It may not be an issue anyhow...was just putting it out there in case Holeypaladin had any interest in joining us. :D

Holeypaladin
06-13-2019, 10:34 PM
Sliders based concept is an interesting idea... could go any number of ways.

As far as cringe goes... my characters aren't usually stupidly attractive, but they do tend to have abilities that don't exist in the real world (since I'm not so fond of real world type settings). As for whether or not they're overly strong... I suppose it depends. Fantasy characters tend to be a whole lot more powerful than typical humans, as a typical human wouldn't survive ten seconds in your average RPG-style dungeon. So I try and have the character's power match the setting, if that makes sense.

Kris
06-13-2019, 11:12 PM
Omg sliders!!

and i've answered your pm :D

bluemoon
06-13-2019, 11:45 PM
Thank you Kris! You are a dear!

So to pass on the info, if there are three, the RP would go in the normal group area and be listed as private...i.e. not recruiting any players.