PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 1x1 or Small Group Private RP.

Eldora
10-29-2009, 03:09 PM
I haven't done any one-on-ones in a very long time and I would very much like to brush up, but if multiple people want to join up, we can do a small group as well. I have an idea in mind, but I'm also willing to consider others' ideas as well.

Working Title: Alice in Game Land

Type: Fantasy/ Video Game Worlds

Plot: A young girl named Alison is home alone while her parents are on vacation to celebrate their aniversary. After losing at one of her favorite games for the upteenth time, she makes a wish that she could win a video game - just once. Soon she hears a knock on the door, and answers it to find a package addressed to her. She opens it to find an old-timey video game cartridge and a note explaining that she has been chosen to participate in a study on video games. If she completes the game successfully, she can have anything she wants. The game cannot be saved however, and by playing it she agrees to hold no one responsible should something go wrong. When she turns the game on, she is told to walk outside, and when she does, her home and everything else she knows disappears, and she is transported into a world where the games she played as a child are real. Only this time there are no extra lives, no power-ups, and the fate of each world truly is in her hands. Her only guide is a mouthy fairy which only she can see.

Note: We wouldn't play around with real games, since I might not be as familiar with a game as you are, and vice versa. So instead we'll be making the games up as we go along. It's ok if some of them are heavily based on real games though. The games will all be your standard RPG type, though they'll each have a different theme and plot. To get to the next game world, Alice has to play the part of one of the main characters, helping them reach their goals and essentially "winning" the game. Oh yes, and she will have a different skill or power in each world which she will have to figure out.

Bia
10-31-2009, 06:36 PM
this sounds cool though I don't know what character I should be. mouthy fairy...new person entirely?...

Ludypoof379
11-01-2009, 02:20 AM
This would definately be interesting to do. If a small group sounds good to you that would be sweet!

Eldora
11-01-2009, 01:24 PM
You wouldn't have to play the fairy. You could play as any characters you wanted.

I also have another plot in mind. Read through it and tell me which you would prefer to do.

Working Title: Dragonsbane

Type: Fantasy, possibly even Science Fantasy

Plot: Hundreds of years ago, the world of humans was taken over by Dragons, who made the humans their slaves. All the world's history was forgotten, erased completely by the Dragons who assert that a world ruled by humans is a rediculous lie which will not be tolerated. Every book ever written by humans' hands - or so it is thought - was destroyed by the Dragons, and to read or speak in the primitive human tongues is punishable by death. But there are even still small pockets of resistance, those who still hold a book and teach their children to read and speak in the tongues of men, but whenever they are discovered, they are wiped off the face of the earth and even their Dragon masters are slain as an example for all the others. A small human encampment called Adonspiria -which means "earth spade" in the Dragon's tongue but "Man's sword" in the human language - is one such pocket of resistance, though so far they have managed to keep that fact hidden. There are stories told among the humans there that there exists a group of Dragonless humans living in the mountains, but since their Dragon master and his family are so ruthless and never let them out of their sights, escape seems impossible. But when Jardon and Miraa, two Human siblings raised in Adonspiria, rather accidentally slay their master, they must lead the entire camp on an exodus to the legendary mountain city of Dragonsbane or else die trying. But with their former master's two sons on their trail, who knows how long they will last with little food and no weapons?

Tranzo
11-01-2009, 07:31 PM
I find Dragonsbane a pretty intriguing idea, although the dragon-fanatic in me wants to scream "there must be a good dragon somewhere!". I'd be interested in playing Jardon, myself, if that were an option, or possibly even playing an ally from the encampment who is still loyal to the dragons and trying to get back to his master.

Eldora
11-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I'll admit, personally I like Dragonsbane a little better than the other. I have it fleshed out a bit more in my mind, for one thing. For another, it would be easier to do a one-on-one with. You could play Jardon and I could play Miraa, and we could figure out the rest as we go.

I could always come back and do the other later. Or I guess I could try to do both, but I'm already GM in Mystivale and I don't want to stretch myself too thin here.

That said, does anyone else want to join Dragonsbane?

Eldora
11-04-2009, 12:15 AM
I have decided that I'm going to do both of these. I just found an old set of papers from back when I started trying to write Gameland in short story form, so I've got a renewed interest in it now. If you guys are still interested, I'd like to get started.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I have started Dragonsbane OOC, and I'll start Gameland soon as well. Tranzo, I've reserved Jardon's character for you.

Tranzo
11-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I have started Dragonsbane OOC, and I'll start Gameland soon as well. Tranzo, I've reserved Jardon's character for you.

Actually, I misread. I thought Jardon was one of the dragon master's children. Never mind. I'll likely just make a dragon-sympathizer human.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Actually, I misread. I thought Jardon was one of the dragon master's children. Never mind. I'll likely just make a dragon-sympathizer human.

That's fine with me. You can still play as one of the Dragon master's sons if you like though.

Bia
11-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Yeah sure I would still be interested in joining :)

Eldora
11-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Ok, bare with me though. It might be a few days before I can start it up, tomorrow at the earliest.

Eldora
11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm going to hold off on starting gameland. I'm behind on some work and I'm in three others already (two of which are having some minor technical difficulties), so I'll get started on it next week.