PDA

View Full Version : The Zombies Are Coming

Bee Bear
03-23-2020, 12:08 PM
Is an rp set in an apocalyptic wasteland of a world too on the nose right now? Maybe.

Even so.

I'm in the process of making a zombies ft. superheroes roleplay. Ta da.

https://i.imgfly.me/XnhQMF.jpg

It'll involve basic survival, battling zombies, cool superpowered humans, a couple of villains and a few surprises I'll not spoil here. The characters you'll play are going to belong to a single large group of survivors. Their daily lives will revolve around keeping their compound safe from zombie hordes and going out in search of supplies - a very dangerous endeavor indeed.

That's the basic run-down for now. Any questions? Suggestions? I'm open to hearing your thoughts.

Yggdrasil_Hugger
03-23-2020, 08:56 PM
This sounds really interesting. Would our characters have superpowers? Because I feel like having powers would make an apocalypse less dangerous, maybe easy.

Bee Bear
03-24-2020, 12:18 PM
Most of the characters will be superpowered humans, yup. Although normal humans will also be playable, I assume people will prefer playing someone with a cool power.

The powers will definitely not make the apocalypse a breeze. I'll be pretty strict about overpowered characters.

Clio79ce
03-25-2020, 12:00 AM
OOhh!! This sounds awesome!! How do you feel about a person whose power is the ability to create portals? Ooh! What about twins, each one being able to create one end of a portal! Okay, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here... But I could have some fun with this.

Bee Bear
03-25-2020, 03:59 PM
I love those ideas. Providing there are limitations in place on these portals (can only maintain them for a brief moment, limited by distance, have to be within sight of each other, etc ...) I don't see why they wouldn't work.

Clio79ce
03-25-2020, 09:40 PM
Awesome! I can certainly put limitations on them. I like the idea that it takes effort to maintain them, so it becomes more difficult to do so for a period of time if they're drained or injured, and when they're perfectly healthy and rested, they can't maintain it for more than 60 seconds (though they keep trying to keep them open longer). I also think limited by a certain distance would be a good idea, too... but farther than within sight of each other.

Clio79ce
03-26-2020, 04:13 AM
I do have a couple questions I’ve recently considered: 1) How long has the zombie apocalypse been going on? 2) How did it start (if you can spoil it) 3) How do humans get their powers? Are they born with them or are they given or is it a mix? Have humans always had powers or are they newer?

Thanks!

Bee Bear
03-26-2020, 04:51 PM
I do have a couple questions I’ve recently considered: 1) How long has the zombie apocalypse been going on? 2) How did it start (if you can spoil it) 3) How do humans get their powers? Are they born with them or are they given or is it a mix? Have humans always had powers or are they newer?

Thanks!

1. Three years.

2. Secret secret.

3. Short answer; they develop them at some stage in life. Long answer; it'll be revealed in the OOC thread. Coming soon TM.

Thanks for all these questions! It's really helped me figure out exactly what I need to work on. Things are coming along, slowly.

Clio79ce
03-26-2020, 06:53 PM
Okie dokie, thanks!