PDA

View Full Version : Immortal

Aleris
10-30-2009, 01:34 AM
Well hey there. I might have posted an older version of this on the last site but this is hopefully going to be the hard copy of the story. (Hopefully, I've been working on and off on this since eighth grade.....) So I hope you enjoy and critique as well as opinions are appreciated greatly!

Prologue

Her breath was coming in quick gasps and the burning in her lungs steadily increased until it had reached the point of searing. Despite this she still continued to run - she didn't have the slightest idea why she was running however she felt as though it was imperative.

The sky overhead was completely blocked out by the trees on either side of her. The forest was nearly pitch-black and it seemed miraculous that she hadn't tripped over the many branches and thick grass in the path before her. Panic began to overtake her as she slowly realized that could not will her legs to stop moving. A light was not far ahead of her and as she edged close the terror of her situation increased.

Twenty feet. The pain in her chest was nearing the point of becoming unbearable. Fifteen feet the source of the light turned out to be a clearing. Ten feet. Her legs had slowed yet she still had no control over her body. Only five feet remained and she was now ambling towards the clearing at a ridiculously slow pace. It seemed as though hours had passed though it had only been seconds when she finally reached the edge of the clearing. She stopped walking and was horrified to find she could not move her limbs in any way.

As she took in the scene before her she was only vaguely aware of the bustling forest behind her. The scene before her was entrancing and unlike anything she had seen in her life. Blue light was now emanating from what appeared to be orbs floating several feet off the ground. The light was eerie and more than a plausible reason for the goosebumps that had risen up on her flesh.

Her gaze fell to the ground and she opened her mouth to gasp in horror (thankfully she could move that much,) however she could emit any kind of sound whatsoever. On the ground lay what appeared to be the corpse of a woman. She wanted more than anything to run. To look away even. However she could not will herself to stop staring. The dead woman might have been beautiful at one point but this was definitely not true now. her body was crumpled into a position that seemed anatomically impossible for any living being and her flesh had been tinged with gray. The white of her bones could be seen in various spots where both flesh and muscle appeared to have been torn away. Her eyes were shut so if there was any damage it was completely unseen. The cadaver's hair was missing in places and what was tangled everywhere else. Perhaps the worst part of the scene was the silvery substance pouring from wounds. It seemed metallic yet at the same time it was thinner than blood and flowed down the woman's body life water.

"My dear, you must be exhausted." A man was now emerging from across the clearing and smirking as his strayed from the corpse to her. "I'm honored that you would come all this way to see little ol' me."

She felt her eyes narrow as the man strode closer and she began to take in his appearance. His eyes were a starling shade of gold and his unkempt brown hair fell to his shoulders. His flesh was pale and sallow it seemed as though he hadn't slept much due to the dark shadows underneath his eyes. As he drew nearer her disgust began to supersede her terror. His smell was atrocious, the stench of alcohol was strong and it was unlikely he had bathed recently.

It was obvious now she wanted to leave. Yet she spoke quietly as though he could read her mind. "Oh you aren't going anywhere." One pale had reached out to caress her cheek and she had to resist the urge to spit in his face. "Perhaps you'd like to rest a bit? you seem ready to collapse?"

She didn't understand control he held over her though she had already grown far to accustomed to it. She was falling now, fighting to keep her eyes open and he was still smirking as he caught her in his arms and held her close. The stench was unbelievable and she gagged but he pulled her closer to his face. He bent his head and pressed his lips to her own but pulled back with an angry as he felt her teeth sink in to his lips. The same silvery substance that had been pouring from the corpse was now visibly pouring from his lips.

He dropped her to her to the ground and she finally lost all consciousness. When she finally reawoke he was leaning over a figure that even from the ground was visibly female. The cadaver was nowhere in sight and the light from the orbs was now a deep red.

The girl - woman really - that he was leaning over appeared to be in her late teens or early twenties. Her nude form showed off a figure that looked as though she had had been carved as a gift from the gods. Her skin was a clear, nearly flawless ivory and the red hair that fell to her waist was a pleasant contrast. Her cerulean eyes were wide open but appeared to be empty, without even irises. It was obvious that she was alive from the steady rise and fall of her chest but she was not responding to her environment in anyway.

The man seemed frustrated as he looked over the woman. He reached into his pocket and retrieved a small silver stone, pressing the stone into the woman's chest it literally dissolved and was absorbed into her body. A moment passed before the woman sat up shakily and attempted to to stand though she wobbled and fell to the ground. As she looked over the woman she was reminded of the porcelain dolls she had collected as a small girl. A perfect beauty devoid of vitality and emotion. As she continued to watch her mouth fell open as she realized exactly what she was looking at.

This woman. No, doll. The doll was an exact replica of herself. All of the features lined up perfectly from the red hair to the tiny mole on her wrist. She stood immobile and didn't even take note of the fact the man had risen and was approaching her.

It was not until the man was standing directly before did she come to her senses. She tried to back away however he grabbed her roughly by the arm - he was strong despite his sickly appearance - he had surely bruised her but that did not matter now. She did not see the doll rise and watch the struggle between the two.

It was a losing battle. She was now crying and praying. Begging him to let her go. Praying to God for help. Even begging the doll for help. It was all to no avail as he managed to sink not one, but two blades into the soft flesh of her throat and chest.

Hierarch
12-21-2009, 12:56 PM
- An interesting story, so much needs to be said. I liked it, as it left me both curious and satisfied at the same time. It had its own unique little touch and also its own little original mystery to it.

There are a few things though, mostly technical. Your writing is sloppy. I don't mean that in a rude way, but it seems like while the story has thoughts behind it, the writing of it seems very rushed. A lot of wording errors and plain mistakes. Things like you having forgotten to write some words throughout, wrong words used and so on.

Other than that, an interesting story. Quite artistic, if you ask me -