PDA

View Full Version : Our Final Fantasy. (Rated M for violence, gore, blood, romance, snesual themes etc.

Strange Nerd Girl
12-14-2010, 02:11 AM
It's 100 years after Yu-Yevon was killed, Spira is at peace and people have forgotten about the Summoners almost entirely. When suddenly, the temples of the Fayth started to have the Hymn of the Fayth run through them again. People began to wonder what was going on and sent people into the Fayth Chambers to see what was going on.

They never came out, and as they sent in more people to see what happened they found those original few that went in... Had become Fayth themselves. The people in the areas were similar to the original Fayth so the Aeon were almost identical; but there were changes amongst the Aeon's.

Guardian's began to ignore the rules and follow in the Summoner's footsteps, but instead of gaining the ability to summon the Aeon's from their slumber... They gained something else. They gained the power to partially blend with the Fayth, gaining the ability to show a 'true form' where they turned into a part-human part-Aeon creature for a short time.

These Guardians were the true Guardian's, they were able to protect their Summoners even when there was pure chaos. But there was still a wonder, why were Summoners even needed? Well, since Yu-Yevon had returned... A terror had returned as well. This terror was something called a Shadowmourne. It was a creature simmilar to Sin though it wasn't composed of the same stuff as Sin, it was a pure creature made out of shadow. Though the light of the Aeons were able to destroy it, but no summoner had the courage to.

So, the Summoner's once again started their journeys, or pilgrimages, to gain the power necessary to take down this threat. Although, the Guardian's could somehow gain powers beyond a normal human, they could only blend with one Fayth; so most made the wrong choice for them and blended with a Fayth they didn't want to.

A lot of Guardian's tried to blend with a Fayth, but most failed, it took a lot of willpower and a strong person to pull it off...

(Please don't post oneliners make sure you have a paragraph at least, and make sure you post at least twice a day. If you are not able to please send me a VM or PM. Also No godmodding)

mcstringer
12-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Gin Alvez sloshed a small puddle leftover from the pleasent rain as he bolted through a quiet shadowed backstreet. He heard the muddled voices of Cursaders and Yevon's Warrior Monks somewhere behind him. A small mischevious smile escaped his tired face. Who knew Al Bhed weren't allowed in Yevonite temples? He did, but he didn't give a "creid" (shit). He just had to know what was in the Sphere he carried and what the confusing incriptions in the sand meant. He had to go to the place that held the most written knowledge in the world, and now he was running for it. The smile appeared on his face not because he befuddled the Yevonites yet agian, though it was a plus. He realized something of what was on the inscriptions. In addition to some minor things, he was able to confirm that the Sphere he carried was not only important and linked to the incriptions, but might hold something that might help in the defeat of the mysterious Shadowmourne.

Dart
12-14-2010, 05:06 AM
Delph stood in front of the temple, waiting for some summoner who could use his skills and companionship. He didn't have anything else to do, no one else to be. He only knew how to be a guardian, only wanted to be a guardian. He would wait here for as long as it took, if he got hungry he would leave and come back. If he had to sleep he would do so in front of the temple. He looked suspicious in his dark clothing and with his black sword with red runes, but he never cared much about how he appeared to others. Which is why he had the red rune tattoo in his forehead where a horn should be. He received it in order to symbolize his statement about being an honorary Ronso, to show that if he had to choose who to identify with, it would be from the same people as Jaiera, the only person he would ever call a father. Such a statement marked on his forehead didn't always make friends from Ronso or otherwise. But getting along with everyone wasn't something he cared about. He only wished to be a guardian and fit in as that. So waiting for that, a summoner who could use another guardian. He sat cross legged, his back perfectly straight against a pillar showing tremendous posture, and his hands resting on his knees with his sword laid out before him.

Lord Xarel
12-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Lumen Armani Ronso was in the the Great City of St. Bevelle, reading a book that looked like it was fixing to fall apart at any moment while he walked. His unusual black fur blended in with his robe fairly well, and it caused several stares from people. A group of thugs, in particular, started following the black Ronso. They looked like regular humes, not that it mattered to Lumen. Lumen then decided to try and lose the thugs by turning into a ally. Unfortunately, Lumen was not familiar with this ally and grimaced when he saw that the ally led to a dead end.

"Hand over the goods Ronso. We can tell you are no normal Ronso. You hand the stuff over, and nothing will come of you. Why don't you start with that book you are 'reading'," sneered this group's leader as the rest laughed. Lumen merely turned to them with a look that would make Behemoths run for the hills.

"Do you infidels question my intelligence?" asked Lumen as he put the book in a pocket inside his robe. "No matter. I usually don't bother fighting fools like you all, but I can make an exception," said the Ronso as he unsheathed his souba and got in a traditional samurai stance.

"Look, he thinks he can take us all on? Hmph. Very we-"

Unfortunately for the group, Lumen had already left, but not without knocking out all of the thugs in seemingly one move. In truth, it was ten moves done in a span of three seconds. With that, Lumen was back on the streets reading his book, waiting on a certain someone to show herself...

Rhomeo
12-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Tapping my foot slightly to myself I looked out across the view in Beville, the water ran beneath my feet and I felt it start to pool around me. Sighing lightly I closed my eyes and let my mind wander back to a moment like this in Macalania, letting the water run over my feet as I looked into the other person's eyes... Shaking my head rapidly I let my eyes flutter open and stare out again at the wonder that was Beville.

I'd lost Trisha somewhere, I wasn't sure if she was asking for a blessing or whether she was just exploring; I just knew that she wasn't with me ten minutes ago. Sighing I let the water continue to drift over my feet slowly, manipulating it slowly with magic I made it completely avoid me and leave me in a small dry circle. Smiling smugly I sat down in the small circle and closed my eyes again, letting the quiet seep into my ears.

It was a rare moment I heard pure quiet, I was just far away enough from the main temple that I couldn't hear the quiet conversation and I was just far away enough from the entrance that I didn't hear anyone crowding around there. Breathing in deeply I fell back into memories of Macalania and began to wait for Trisha, or someone, to break me out of my small meditation.

Strange Nerd Girl
12-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Trisha was smiling like a big fool as she was excited to go to her first temple and become a fully fledged summoner. She had left Blaine behind to go exploring for a bit first, she had to calm down her nerves. Though she never showed it even to Blaine, Trisha was quite nervous and she knew the people of Spira were placing all their hopes on her. It was a heavy burden to carry but she knew she had Blaine with her. Though Trisha couldn't fathom why Yevon would send another Sin-like creature to Spira. Or maybe it wasn't even Yevon who did... She didn't know. All Trisha needed to worry about at this point in time was to pass and become a full fledged summoner.
Trisha walked around for a while and looked around Beville, it was a nice place to be.
The sun was shining and Trisha walked back to where she had first left Blaine and found him meditating. She creeped up behind him and tackle hugged him,
"Blaine!!! Found yoouu~!" She said while giggling.

Rhomeo
12-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Half falling into the water I felt a little bit of it go up my nose, snorting it out quickly I turned around and found Trisha hugging my backside. Laughing quietly I turned smoothly and hugged her back, "And I'm supposed to be good at hearing stuff, how do you keep ambushing me like this?" I teased her. It was our way of getting over the perilous danger ahead, just like Yuna used to; just keep smiling.

Chuckling away like a madman I leaned back and looked at Trisha, "So you ready to see if the Fayth is ready to accept you as a Summoner? It'd be nice having a big thing following us around... Well maybe not all the time but you catch my idea," I chuckled out. Standing up quickly I stretched my arms and yawned, looking out back over the fall that was behind us.

Twirling my fingers I brought up some of the water that was falling off the edge and brought it to my hands, twirling it around my fingers; then I flinged it at Trisha. As it splashed onto her face and chest and I laughed at her and walked quickly past her, clearing my throat I quickly turned and said; "Would you care to get out of the water yet or shall you stay and get soaked?"

Strange Nerd Girl
12-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Trisha giggled like a little girl as she jumped out of the water and shook herself dry like a dog.
"Well I think we should head to the temple now, don't you think? I need to pass the test the Fayth gives me."
She said as she squeezed the water out of her hair, and looked at Blaine with her big green eyes.
Trisha had found Blaine all alone in Luca, she had been alone most her life too so she asked to be friends and he gladly accepted. Then later on when Trisha said she wanted to become a summoner he pledged his life to her to become her Guardian. She accepted with a big smile. And thats how they had meet the first time, Trisha smiled big as she remember that found memory. Then she plopped herself down next to Blaine.

Rhomeo
12-14-2010, 03:59 PM
The Fayth... I never truly understood them myself, they were a confusing bunch, but I guess being made of stone and living forever was certainly something. Shrugging my shoulders I said, "Yeah maybe it's around time you figured out the test the Fayth gave you, or should I say WE should figure it out? I'm allowed to follow you as far as the Fayth chamber remember?"

Smiling lightly I put myself by her side, linked my hand in hers and said, "I won't let go until we reach the chamber, don't try and let go either or I'll zap you with a shock spell; I need to practice them anyway." Laughing quietly I let a small shock out to get my point across, it wasn't enough to even come close to hurting her, it'd probably make her hand tingle at best; the sad thing was I wasn't much better than the tingle with power anyway.

Sighing lightly at my pathetic spells sometimes I shook my head and lookead at Trisha again, smiling lightly at her I muttered; "So are we heading out or what? Am I gonna wait here all day playing around with little water tricks so I don't get bored mindless?"

Strange Nerd Girl
12-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Trisha laughed as Blaine scolded and encouraged her playfully, she was glad that Blaine had started to open up more and was outwardly more friendly. She squezed his arm tightly as they both headed towards the temple.
"I'm glad you by my side Blaine, I probably wouldn't stomach the test if I went by myself."
Said Trisha as her voice trembled slightly.
As they got ever closer to the temple, Trisha started to tremble. She steadied herself against Blaine. They passes a cloaked man with a sword with red runes on it laying in front of him.
Trisha stared at him as she and Blaine passed him, something drew Trisha to the cloaked man. She would talk to him after she passed her test, which she hoped she would.

Dart
12-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Delph looked up at the sky, admiring the brightness of the sun and the warmth it poured into the world. His black hair fell to gravity in messy layers as he looked up. Until he found an appropriate summoner he had a lot of free time to notice things he didn't think about a whole lot. He dreamily gazed around, observing the beautiful temple and the wonderful city of Bevelle. As his eyes lowered back in front of him they fell on a small bird like creature who was standing on his sword and looking up at him curiously.

Delph curiously observed the small creature in return and for awhile, they simply stared at one another. The bird was small enough to fit snugly in the center of his palm. It probably ate small things like bread crumbs and insects, it was hard to believe the small bird could make a living like that. Delph rose his finger to the bird with consistently slow movements. The bird looked at it, and with a short flight landed on the finger with both feat and perched on them. Delph turned his palm inward so the bird could more easily watch his face. Delph realized he enjoyed the small animals company due to the smile it brought him. He was always told by his father that Jaier that animals didn't hesistate to approach him due to his calm nature, whether or not that was true remained a question unanswered. But for now, he could simply enjoy the animals company.

Delph turned suddenly as he saw a pair of people pass by. They certainly looked like a summoner guardian pair, but they also didn't stop to talk to him. Del turned back to the bird, who chirped at him. Delph shook his head as a response. The bird chirped again. Delph sighed, smiling at the bird and standing up. "Um, excuse me," he asked, moving around the pillar closer to the doorway before they could disappear through it. "Might one of you be a summoner?"

mcstringer
12-14-2010, 05:50 PM
".... Soba, Soba, Soba!"

Gin Alvez sat on a stool drumming on the withered bar top of a random street stall he decided to duck into. A jolly fat cook attended the stall. He was obivously an Al Bhed.

"hahaha, you are among the few Yevonites that I like haha here is your soki soba, takoyaki, and your orange soda, it'll be 500, please."

"500! You'd do that to a fellow Al Bhed? Cred, e cyo ed ec aqdundeuh!" (Shit, I say it is extortion).

"Fryd! Mad sa kad y kuut muug yd oui." (What! Let me get a good look at you).

Gin lifted his shaded glasses with a finger by his ear, which effectivily turned off the tech goggles making them completely black. He stared at the shocked Al Bhed with his swirling green eyes.

" Ur, cred E ys cunno (Oh, shit. I am sorry) I the meal is on me. Sorry about calling you a Yevonite earlier."

Gin calmly dropped his goggles back over his eyes and waving a calming hand.

"No big deal. It just means I am good at what I do. And don't be stupid enough to give me a meal for free. Eat with me. Besides.... I've got to work for the meal anyway."

The cook returned to his jovial self with a snap and rudy cheeks.

"Hahaha, you are alright, but why the...uh, hair? If I make ask."

"Oh..uh huh haaa... Well, it is just a get rich scheme gone wrong, but it is a little embarassing."

"Oh you are not getting out of it that easily, what do you think this is?"

He flurished a hand around his stand.

"Spill."

Gin Alvez groaned.

Lord Xarel
12-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Lumen had finally found the girl the people were talking about. Her name was Trisha and her Guardian's name was Blaine. For a summoner and guardian, they surely looked... odd. Most summoners dressed in more traditonal clothing, and the Guardian looked very nervous. Not the best quality for a Guardian, but it does have its quirks, such as heightened senses.

"Soon. I need to see how strong Trisha is. After all, she needs to be able to summon. If she can't, then my hope was false after all," said Lumen as he looked from above on top of a tower. How did he got up there? Well, some things should be kept a secret.

Lumen continued watching as he took out another, new book and started reading. This could take either a short time, or a really long time, depending on several factors. As he started reading, his eyes lit up and widened in shock.

"Again? Seriously, when will those booksellers understand that I can actually read," said Lumen as he put the book down. It was filled with pictures and very few words, something that kinda pissed Lumen off. Instead of getting mad though, Lumen just sighed, put the book up, took out the same book from a while ago, and started reading.

"At least I have this jewel. Nothing rivals this fascinating read."

Strange Nerd Girl
12-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Trisha stopped as the man she and Blaine had passed got up and asked her wether she was a summoner or not. She turned around and looked at the man,
"Well apprentice summoner actually. I'm about to go in to take the test in the Fayth. Who might you be?"
Asked Trisha brushing some strands of her hair out of her face.
(sorry for the shortish post but this length is ok too guys just to let you know, just no one liners)

Rhomeo
12-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Staring past the man that had stood up to ask us a question I watched the small bird near him, it wasn't afraid of him. Scratching my chin quietly to myself I watched Trisha and the man, stretching lightly I looked at him closely and analyzed his details; what sort of man was he? Smiling lightly I toyed the idea around in my head of having another Guardian to help protect Trisha, but the times of there being more than one guardian were all so rare anyway... Weren't they?

Thinking back to Yuna's Journey and the stories that went with it I remembered a few of her sayings on friendship. That was how she made it, because she had so much faith in her Guardian's and that she was ready to give it all for not just for Spira; but for them as well. Feeling my face fall I wondered what sort of sacrfice this new enemy would call for, if it did indeed call for the life of the Summoner I thought of how much it would kill me.

Sighing lightly I zoned back into what Trisha and the man were saying, hoping to catch his name.

Dart
12-15-2010, 02:33 AM
"My name is Delph," he said, placing a hand on his chest. "I am, or rather, I wish to be, a guardian. I was only once before to another apprentice summoner but, I am seeking another." He fell silent briefly, unsure of how to continue. He didn't want to explain why he was seeking another, but was sure they would ask. Delph decided maybe he could turn the conversation away from any questions by continuing, "I know we are but strangers but, perhaps temporarily i could join. Maybe if either of us are unsatisfied by the next temple, we could then part ways." He wanted to be a guardian yes, but not to any band of summoners. He needed to make sure they were friendly and virtuous, and as he was a man of honor, he believed it best to be completely open about his intentions. Delph looked up at the summoner guardian pair and awaited their response patiently and hopefully.

Strange Nerd Girl
12-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Trisha looked up at Blaine and smiled, then she turned to look at the man called Delph.
"Sure, your welcome to join us." Said Trisha pleasantly as she held out her hand to Delph and shook it firmly.
"I won't ask why you left your other summoner, if you feel like you want to explain then feel free. You won't be pressed here."
Trisha then walked past Blaine and Delph and entered the temple, though she stopped at the door and turned around saying,
"Well? You guys comming or what?"
And with that she disapeared into the temple, once she was inside she walked up to the priest responsible for the temple and explained that she was an apprentice summoner.

Awean8
12-15-2010, 04:57 AM
Rin sat on the bench of the temple, resting his tired and sore feet. He had walked from town to town, his stomach growling the entire way. Echoes roared through out the high temple ceiling as his stomach pouted, to his lack nutrition.

"This place is so cold too", he whined as he rubbed his hands together in an attempt to warm them, "Maybe the priests won't notice if I...."

He lit a small blue flame with his thumb and he than squished the flame with his palms causing the warming of his hands. "Ahhh. Thats better."

mcstringer
12-15-2010, 05:40 AM
Gin Alvez was oddly silent and reflective. After having a warm meal, good conversation, and cleaning Burt's stand, Gin had found himself quietly wondering around a city he didn't know and contemplating the new information. He found a fountain in a quiet square to sit down on to think. He spotted a little boy and got his attention.

"Hey little dude, what city is this? I've gotten a little lost."

The little boy gives Gin the dubious look only a child could give.

"You are in Luca."

"Really? I don't here the stadium and you can hear the stadium's crowd anywhere on Luca. I've played there before and I don't recognize any of this."

The boy brightened because he got to be a know it all.

"Oh it is because they are starting the tournament tommorrow and the teams are taking a forced break and this side of the city is only seen by locals mostly."

The boy's mom started calling his name.

"Oh see ya mister, mom's callin'"

"See ya kid. Thanks for the info."

Maybe I'll give joining a team a look see. It will atleast take my mind off of that stupid Sphere, and I'll have a little fun while I'm at it.

Rhomeo
12-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Following Trisha into the temple I closed my eyes and listened to the peace and serenity of the area, if I listened hard enough I could hear the Song of the Fayth faintly. As I opened my eyes and took in what was going around me the song left my ears, moving forward I knelt in front of a statue near Trisha and bowed my head in respect. Slowly as I tuned out the rest of the temple the song returned to me again, filling my ears with a peace that no silence could ever do.

Smiling to myself lightly I raised from my knees feeling slightly better, letting the wash of the song go through me I turned to see Delph entering slowly. Walking over to his side I smiled and shook his hand, "My name's Blaine by the way, Trisha's an odd one but you'll get used to her, she's a good person to be following trust me. I've never met a kinder person, well, I doubt anyone was as kind to me as my Mother; but she's definitely next to her," I chuckled out.

"Try blocking out the other sounds of the temple, you can hear the Fayth if you try hard enough," I whispered to him. Tapping him on the shoulder lightly I turned and once again knelt in front of the statue next to Trisha, waiting for her to finish talking to the Priest. Letting out my breath I again bowed my head, listening to the song of the Fayth.

Dart
12-15-2010, 08:14 AM
"I appreciate it," Delph said to the summoner who he soon discovered was named Trisha. Though that was a bit of an understatement. He soon decided perhaps it would be best not to get overexcited as to joining the first summoner apprentice who allowed him to accompany them. She would still have to become a fully fledged summoner, and she would have to meet his companion standards, but there didn't seem to be any problems or doubts yet at least. As they proceeded into the temple he bowed at them subtly, before finally following them in the temple.

The inside of the temple was beautiful, even more so it seemed now that he was a guardian again and it meant something to him. He didn't know a whole lot about what he was seeing, but the music was very soothing. He had taught his ears to be aware, to make up for not being as naturally sensitive as a normal Ronso's. The guardian approached him in the temple, and shook his hand. He introduced himself as Blaine politely, and vouched for the summoner. He proceeded to compare her kindness to his mother, and then chuckled at a joke honestly Delph did not understand. So far though, he was confident that this was a good group.

Blaine then commented on the song. Delph seemed to recall it was called the Hymn, but didn't know much else about it. Delph listened to the song, and even watched Blaine do so as well. He seemed to physically relax as he heard it. "It is a beautiful song," Delph said honsetly, looking up at nothing in particular. Delph turned his head to watch Trisha talking to the priest, but felt his eyes wander up to the path beyond them. He had been in trials once before in another temple, but when they got to the end everything went really, really wrong. He left for another temple, hoping the memories would become more distant... but here the memories returned. He almost wanted to ask how much Blaine knew about the trial at the end, but, couldn't bring himself to do so. Instead Delph continued to stare at the path, temporarily spacing out in thought.

Strange Nerd Girl
12-16-2010, 03:54 AM
Trisha bowed to the priest and walked back to Blaine and Delph, she twidled her fingers as she was really nervous.
"We-....Well I guess we should get going now.. Ah jeez... this is so nerve racking. Well lets bite the bullet shall we?" Said Trisha as she stood there, waiting for Blaine and Delph to follow her into the chamber.

Rhomeo
12-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Getting up from the ground slowly I walked over to Trisha's side and murmured, "I hope the trial isn't as hard as I've heard others say. Some trials have changed so terribly from their original purpose, I heard some even have fighting involved; that's not a Trial for a Summoner. I guess we'll just have to wait and see huh?" Looking back to Delph I looked down at my feet as we waited for him to walk over, taking a deep breath I closed my eyes and made sure my magic was working with me today.

Looking into my eyelids I let memories flash in front of me as we waited, thinking of the words I'd heard some say about these Trials. Some said they were amazing and helped them grow as a person so much, others said they were lucky to even escape, shaking my head I hoped we would have made the first conclusion as we walked down these steps after we were done with the Trial.

Dart
12-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Delph looked at Blaine as he told him about hearing about monsters in the trials. Maybe it would be a good opportunity to warn him about his experience, if he didn't already know. It might be best to warn him, though, without drawing attention to himself. "I heard," Delph said cautiously, "that if a guardian isn't strong enough of will in their own trial that it is they who become the monster." Delph looked away, suppressing the memories he didn't feel like facing and crushing yet. He wasn't sure if turning into a monster was a typical response, or some radical fluke. Or maybe the guardian in particular was fairly unstable to begin with. Delph didn't know him that well by that time, but it was something he had to prepare himself for in case it happened again. If it did, he would not hesitate to kill them himself this time. Which meant in short time, it would be Blaine he would be fighting. He seemed confident and sure of himself, hopefully there would be no problems.

mcstringer
12-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Gin Alvez leaned against a wall in the back area of the Luca Blitzball Stadium. They tried to rename it before, but the place has changed so many times in the land of money and freedom that everyone stopped caring. He was able to bribe a couple of guards with a pack of smokes and front row tickets to get into the locker area. The significance of the locker area you ask? It is where the players go to after a long practice. Considering blitzball players need a blitzball stadium and bingo. Instant salution.

For a couple of hours now he's been back here, prying at people tring to get their attention, but no luck. Either he was yelled at, spit at, dirty sweaty stuff thrown at him, completily ignored, or chased off. A bit of something he understood very well. This back area is a sanctuary for tired players, and tired players want their private places left the fuck alone. He wanted to get out of there as fast as he could, but the person he was looking for hadn't come up yet.

He was about to give up and try another day, but then he heard a familiar laugh. Then he spotted a familiar face rounding the corner.

"So they finally let women beat the ever living snot out of us males?"

The figure perked up and stopped talking to her female compatriot.

"Well, well well, cutie, Dilora, Al Bhed Psyches, and your are?"

"I've only been out of the business a couple years De, are you sure you can't recognize me?"

The Al Bhed woman in the Psyches uniform got still and quiet. Her friend started making questioning looks like someone caught out of the loop.

"Your hair is different. So you've decided to apologize after running away, betrothed?"

Strange Nerd Girl
12-20-2010, 04:52 PM
As Trisha stepped into the Chamber fog surrounded her and seperated Trisha from Blaine and Delph. Trisha spun around and started to panic a little, breathing fast.
"Calm down Trisha....It's all part of the test." She told herself.
There was snickering and evil sounding laughter that surounded Trisha as she spun in a circle trying to figure out what was laughing at her.
"So.... you think you can save the world from Shadow?" said a deep manly voice.
"Your only a child, what can you do?" said a womanly voice.
"I'm eighteen! and I have more determination than most people out there! I have friends!"
Cried Trisha at the fog.
"Hahhahahahahahaa! Friends?! are you kidding? They are more like your babysiters..... not your friends. As soon as you break they will leave, you will be all alone... just like when your parents died." said the voices combined.
Trisha grew silent for a moment..... alone....the word she hated the most. She took a deep breath and said,
"I trust both Blaine and Delph. I trust myself and i believe in myself. I will try my hardest to bring peace and hope to Spira. What ever you tell me won't change my resolve, so just shut up and hand out the real test." Trisha's voice was stern and determined.

Lord Xarel
12-21-2010, 02:01 AM
Lucis was starting to worry for Trisha now. He had heard about the trials of the Fayth, and they were things he couldn't imagine. To have to deal with your worst fears... Lucis smiled at this. If he became this girl's Guardian, he would get the opportunity to become even stronger and smarter. Perhaps he will be able to defeat Shadow himself if he becomes strong enough, but he knew the truth. Only the Summoners would be able to defeat Shadow, as it was Lady Yuna, Grand Summoner, who defeated Sin.

"But she didn't do it alone..." said Lucis to no one in particular. After all, he was now inside the temple right next to the guards, who had failed to notice Lucis.

"I at least hope she pays more attention than these fools," said Lucis out loud on accident as the guards turned, but only saw a bright flash.

"That was a close one," thought Lucis as he stood behind the grand statue of Lady Yuna.

"Lady Yuna, protect the child if her current Guardians fail, but even if they don't, still do so. She needs you," Lucis spoke silently to the statue, as if she was alive. In fact, maybe Lady Yuna did hear him, because Lucis felt a soft touch on his right shoulder, but when he looked, no one was there. He only smiled at this.

"Thank you."

Dart
12-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Delph watched the fog stretch toward him and envelop him. He knew what to expect this time, which was an advantage, but he doubted it would make things easier. He was changed now and, so where the things that could be used against him. Delph crossed his arms and stood with a firm, straight posture with legs spread. The only thing missing from his stance was a blue tail, slowly flowing from side to side as he waited. Delph appeared perfectly calm and ready, but he knew whatever force he was about to face saw past appearances.

"Wow, look at the new Guardian. He thinks he's a Ronso!" an old man laughed.

"He's about as much a ronso as he is a guardian," a second old man cackled, "He joined a random group out of desperation."

"Why would they trust you?" a small child responded, "Even if they do, they don't know what you know. You are a plague, where you go summoners only die."

That last one stung a little, but Delph maintained his stand knowing such voices really knew nothing.

"You're father saved your life," a deeper voice called, "But even you know it would have been better if he left you to die and saved himself. He is ten times the guardian you'll ever be."

"You are worthless as a Ronso, and you'll be worthless as a guardian."

Delph closed his eyes in an effort to go to sleep. These trials were tiresome. They fed on doubts and doubts only. There was no true merit to any of their arguments, perhaps except the Ronso bit, but he had come to terms with that. The first trials the voices hurt but he could push his way through it. This time he knew what to expect, but it seemed his doubts had grown since then. These hurt more. He wondered if as he progressed they would be even more troublesome. At the very least, it was good to be aware of doubt and the toll it played. Perhaps that was the revelation needed to escape this time.

Rhomeo
12-22-2010, 01:46 AM
As the fog creeped towards us I looked to my sides to find both Trisha and Delph gone, taking a deep breath I let all sound and the world around me fade away. Trying to find the Hymn of the Faith, but before I could find it voices broke into my ears, whispering evil and promising greed.

Suddenly an older man's voice broke through, "You were pathetic when you were a child, you're pathetic now. You can't even cast a full Black Magic spell!"

A young girls voice crept in, "You never had anyone that cared about you, why should these people be any different? You're pathetic."

Another raspy voice chimed in, one I couldn't put a gender to, "Because of you the Summoner will die, all because you're just a coward. Even if you weren't, you couldn't save yourself if it came down to it!"

Gritting my teeth I blocked out everything and concentrated on good memories, strangely I found myself concentrating on meeting Trisha, laughing with her. Then meeting Delph, seeing those things bolstered me and I fell into my own small world while I waited for something new to try and convince me I was a failure. Smiling at my pathetic joke I fell deeper and deeper into my own perfect existence.

mcstringer
12-22-2010, 03:44 AM
A playful grin erupted from Gin Alvez's face. He stayed in a relaxed posture against the wall facing the two women.

"Hells to tha No, De. It isn't like I jilted you at the altar. Your dad and mine decided to hitch us up like chocobos and expected us to follow along. I "kidnap" you and run like hell, but it turns out you agreed to being chained..."

"And I followed you along because I had know one else to go to..."

"And you actually had fun, we had fun, and ..."

The beautiful Dilora stormed up to Gin and gave him a hard slap across his face.

"It is because of you my father died, and I didn't get to see him again. I know why you came. I'll find you a place to play, but this time. I beat you. WE are WED."

As she huffed off he groupie friend stuck her tongue out at him as she left with Dilora. Gin stood silently rubbing his face in not shock, not realy retrospection, but not truly silence either.

Kurozoga
12-28-2010, 05:02 AM
Blaine smiled at the persistance of his opponents. He continued filling his mind with positive memories of his past and continued to expunge the voices' attempts to discourage him and cloud his thoughts.

"You...are...weak. Turn back.." A cold, rasp voice said in a high pitched, yet loud whisper. "You will fail..."

Blaine zoned out the taunts and kept his mind on one thing, Trisha. The thought of passing the trial and continuing his job as Trisha's guardian only strengthened his efforts and his will.

Strange Nerd Girl
12-28-2010, 05:07 AM
Trisha gasped as she staggered out of the Cloister, her trial was over. She had become a fully fledged summoner. Looking around Trisha realized that her two Guardians hadn't come out yet. She hoped they were alright, though the test was just her inner doubts she hoped Blaine wouldn't suffer to badly, for she knew of his dim past.

Kurozoga
12-28-2010, 05:19 AM
Blaine continued to see images flash before him. Images of his lingering past. He extended his arm to his side. "That which is no longer here...no longer holds me back...my past is no exception."

Blaine stepped out of his own cloister and fell to his knees. He raked his hand through his hair slowly before standing back up.
"Talk about sick mind games..." Blaine turned his head slightly and grimaced at the trial he just experienced. He walked up to Trisha and pinched the rim of his nose as if to symbolize distress from a headache.

Strange Nerd Girl
12-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Trisha spun around as she heard Blaine speak,
"Hey! You ok? Talk about tough trials eh?"
Said Trisha flinging her hair back and rubbing her temples for she had a pounding headache.
Trisha wondered if this was what every trial would be like.

Kurozoga
12-28-2010, 05:28 AM
Blaine, touched by Trisha's concern, nodded in reply, "Yeah I'm....fine." He continued to reflect on the memories that had been presented to him during his trial. He reflected on his solitude, and his desire to learn magic. This in turn caused him to stutter his words slightly.

Blaine quickly snapped out of his partial trance and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah I'm fine." He repeated himself.

Dart
12-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Delph stepped forward from the mist and looked at his two companions before him. They seemed a bit worse for wear. He suddenly felt bad for being so selfish as to not warn them as to what was ahead. He didn't want them to know he had failed here before. And in his defense, he wasn't sure if it would be the same, or if knowing what was agead was any help at all. It could have brought fear and doubts that otherwise would have been absent. Looking at them now however... it seemed apparent it would have been better to say anything. At least Blaine had not gone berserk.

Delph rushed and slid to a kneel beside them, "Is everything all right?" He was genuinely concerned, but also ready to attack if he needed to, in case his fear of a repeating past had become reality. He doubted it would be the same at this point but, he wouldn't let it happen again at any cost.

Kurozoga
12-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Blaine blinked and turned his attention to his comrade. "Yeah...I'm fine. Trisha is too." He tilted his head in confusion, "Something wrong...Delph? You look kind of spaced out. Did something happen in there?"

Blaine slightly narrowed his eyes, he suspected that his ally was hiding some form of information that could be important to the group.

Dart
12-29-2010, 12:36 AM
Blaine had struck upon something, but he didn't think it worth mentioning now. Everything did seem to have worked out. He looked a bit winded but, they were all okay. That was the only thing that mattered. Delph smiled. "Everything is fine. I'm just glad we're all okay." Of course he could have just as easily added "this time" to the end of his thought, but he really was uncomfortable sharing his past with a group he had just met. Perhaps in the future after he had gotten to know them he could give full disclosure. If they forgave him, it would be his final test to see if this was indeed the kind of group he could give his life for and continue to venture forth with.

Kurozoga
12-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Blaine scratched his head and nodded, his suspicions still lingering in his mind. Was his ally hiding something important? He quickly pushed the thought out of his head and did his best to think positive. Things were looking up, he and his allies passed their trials, why ruin the happy thoughts with the suspicion he held?

"Yeah you're right." Blaine nodded to Delph. He turned to Trisha and crossed his arms, "So what next? I mean we passed our trials...what happens afterward?"

mcstringer
12-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Gin Alvez saunter on to the stadium field in a Kilik player uniform. He got to know a little bit of the people he was thrust upon in the little time they had before their practices and the first game of the season. He stood with his fellows against the Luca Goers, who haven't been the stadium favorites since Tidus' day. He tried to quell his excitement and focus on attaining victory as quickly as possible.

The crowd noise was blocked out almost completely when he dropped his aqua-mask over his face and the water of the blitzball area started taking shape. He never payed attention to the fake feelings and benedictions of the "Great Yevon" 's high-handed,spoilt, "righteous, asshole summoners anyway. The dumbasses willingly died for for an incomplete solution. Even the great prissy ass Yuna and crew "Destoryer of Sin" only gave them a faint hope that was take easily away. He'd heard reports and rumors of a new black thing on the horizon terrorizing the world once again. It really pissed him off that the Yevonites believed that their summoners would save them, fuck over their guardians, and take the credit all over again. Forget how wrong the were about machina.... Eh, his brain was off on a tangent again. He needed to focus on blitzing and not the sanity of others.

Strange Nerd Girl
01-09-2011, 03:43 AM
Trisha stretched and then turned around to face Delph and Blaine.
"Well lets all head back to an inn or somwhere and rest a bit before heading out to the next place hmm? Cause I don't know about you guys but I'm starving!" She said as her thin figure made a huge rummbling noise at which Trisha blushed at slightly.

(sorry for not posting in like forever D: and that this post is short, but at least we are getting this going again! :D)

Kurozoga
01-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Blaine nodded, "Yeah I agree. Which one do you have in mind. I'm in a blank here." He scratched his head and exhaled.

Dart
01-12-2011, 06:36 PM
"I know of one," Delph said, standing straight and crossing his arms. He had been here for some time after all. One night not long ago while he was sleeping in front of the temple, a girl claiming to be a waitress working at a small place called Traveler's Haven. She was a somewhat hyperactive girl with fiery red hair and bright smile. He believed her name was Olivia, and she said the inn was somewhere on the south edge of town. He took a walk to find it once, but never actually entered. It was fairly quaint, but should suit them perfectly. "I can lead us there if you'd like, unless you had somewhere else in mind."

((I'm thinking... time skip?))

Kurozoga
01-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Blaine nodded, "Yeah, location doesn't bother me." Blaine's goal was to push the memory of the day's trial out of his mind.

Lord Xarel
01-13-2011, 04:22 AM
Lumen's face was adorned with a rather large grin. He was happy to hear that Trisha had completed the Trials and was now an official Summoner. Perhaps his instincts were right. Maybe she is the one to end the suffering of Spira.

"Ay, it is amazing at what kids can do nowadays," said Lumen as he read his book in the middle of an inn known as the Traveler's Haven. He had found a nice table, had a decent meal, and was now reading his favorite book. As he read and thought, he noticed the same group of thugs from earlier come into the inn. Evidently, they had just woken up, as some of them were still looking rather dazed. Lumen, deciding to have a little fun, put his book away and walked up to the group.

"Why hello! Fancy meeting you all here!" Lumen said rather excitedly. This caused the thugs to freak out as if Hell itself was coming after them, causing them to leave. Lumen merely laughed at this as people turned to him with a questioning look.

"What?" asked Lumen as he looked around, his voice taking a lightly serious tone. This caused the people to go about their normal business.

"Well, I need to see where Trisha and her guardians are going. I think it is time to offer my services."

Kurozoga
01-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Blaine rubbed his head and nodded to Delph, "Well lead the way." He sighed and closed his eyes for a moment.

It's time for you to go Blaine...

"What the hell? It's the same voice from back at the trial, but I passed mine...why is it still bugging me?" Blaine thought as he pinched the rim of his nose and winced.

Dart
01-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Delph nodded and began to lead the way, when Blaine made a strange gesture to his face. It looked like a suppressing pain face. Delph stopped in his tracks and faced Blaine fully. "Something wrong?" he asked. He stopped and considered it but his senses didn't like what they were feeling or the flashbacks they were reminding him of, "Maybe we better hurry to the inn. I can carry you." He offered it genuinely, but it may have sounded strange coming from him. This was no time for such human concerns, a ronso acts on what needs to be done, not what they are afraid not to do. At least, that's what he had been taught. Of course, Blaine could have been okay to walk. Doesn't hurt to put it out there though.

Kurozoga
01-14-2011, 03:56 AM
"N-Nah, I'm fine...thanks though." Blaine shook his head meekly.

Death is a lie you can't conquer...

Blaine shook the voice out of his head and exhaled, "Lets just go, sooner the better. I think we've all had our fill of tests and trials today." He forced a smile, although it was obvious the voice was bothering him.

Strange Nerd Girl
01-14-2011, 05:13 AM
Trisha nodded her head in agreement,
"Yes lets go, even though I'm now offically a summoner now these temples give me the creeps. Like something is watching me."
Trisha wrapped her arms around herself and started to walk in the direction of the Inn, her gut was all squeamish which normally meant something bad was about to happen.

Dart
01-14-2011, 05:18 AM
"The inn is just over here," Delph said, walking in the front of the group with a possibly unnecessarily brisk walk. He didn't care for the fake smile Blaine had portrayed earlier, it reminded him, reminded him too much of what he had gone through in the past. Though this was certainly a lot longer of a time frame, it left the same taste in his mouth. He had to believe that if they could just get somewhere safe, somewhere away from that temple, perhaps everything would be alright. Maybe if they got some food, that could go along way too. Oh, how he could not let this happen. Again. "We're just about there, hold on," he said, rounding a corner.

Lord Xarel
01-14-2011, 06:27 AM
Lumen just smiled to himself at his work as he sat back down at his table. He then motioned for the nearby waitress to come to him.

"Excuse me miss, could I get a some sa-"

Before Lumen could finish his question, the doors of the inn had burst open to show the same thugs from before marching in. After they all came in, a woman entered wearing rather extravagent silver and gold robes. Here skin was an olive brown while her eyes were a piercing yellow. Her silver hair seemed to blend in with her robes, since it was so long it went past her back. The hat she wore though was something Lumen had seen before. The fedora style hat was red and had a long white feather...

Lumen then figured it out. She was a Red Witch, the next level above Red Mage.

"Are you the one who took out my followers?" asked the lady as she walked up to Lumen. Lumen motioned for the waitress to go away as he stood up, putting his hand on the handle of his trusty souba.

After several moments of silence, Lumen gave a light grin.

"And if I am?"

"Then you die."

"Ah. Love to see you try Witch!"

The lady grimaced at Lumen's last sentence. While she was a Red Witch, it was considered rude to call people of her class a witch, which Lumen knew.

"You are going to regret that."

"Then make me regret it."

And then there was quiet as Lumen stared at the leader of the thugs. Her gaze was fierce, but Lumen made sure his was as fierce as possible. The people who saw and felt the tension slowly backed away from the two. They all knew what was fixing to happen.

Shit was fixing to go down.

Kurozoga
01-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Blaine nodded as he followed his companion, "Right. Let's put the peddle to the mettle. I need my eight hours, and a good home-cooked meal." Blaine quickened his pace in anticipation.

He stopped at a building and looked up, "This's the place right?" Blaine scratched his head, hoping for a quick repreive.

Dart
01-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Delph entered the room first, slightly ahead of his companions. He stopped in his tracks, standing in the doorway room still on either side of him for anyone to enter or exit. There were a strange assortment of people in the tavern this time. Including a Ronso? The air was tense and no one seemed to be moving. It seemed something very disruptive was going to happen. This chalked up to about the worst timing ever, with Blaine having the problems he was having. But it seemed there was nothing else to do but stand there and wonder what was going to happen. He consciously reminded himself of the placement of his sword... just in case.

Kurozoga
01-16-2011, 04:21 AM
Blaine followed behind Delph, and entered the building as well. He scanned the room and the patrons inside. Blaine's eye was caught by the group that was commanding the attention of the room.

"Those people...no...that woman.." Blaine shook his head and gulped slightly. He had a feeling, that if a fight started between that woman and the man she was talking to, there would be big trouble. Blaine could only narrow his eyes.

Lord Xarel
01-16-2011, 06:05 AM
The staredown between Lumen and this woman had been going on for a while, even with some people walking into the inn. This wouldn't have distracted Lumen normally, but Trisha's guardians had just walked in, meaning Trisha wasn't far behind. Unfortunately, taking your eyes off of your opponent is a bad idea, especially when your enemy is a Red Witch.

"DOUBLE CAST! WATERAGA AND THUNDAGA!" shouted the heavily robed woman as she drew her long and slender bluish- silver rapier from its sheath and pointed it to the roof.

"OH SHIT!" shouted most of the inn's denizens as a gigantic sphere of water formed around Lumen, the pressure from it slowly building, but before it could do its damage, Lumen drew his souba, smiling as it started glowing white.

"HOARFROST BLADE!" shouted Lumen from inside the sphere of water as it froze. Around this time, the Thundaga spell came down, shattering the ice, revealing that Lumen was fine. Now it was the Red Witch's turn to defend as Lumen jumped up, his double-bladed katana glowing yellow.

"SKYFURY BLADE!" shouted Lumen as he came down, bringing his sword down as well, which clang against the woman's rapier. Unfortunately for her, these long-forgotten samurai techniques had some rather nasty after effects.

"GAH!" shouted the woman as an ungodly amount of electricity went through her. Lumen had brought his sword up once more, ready to finish her, but the after effects were down, and the witch was still not done.

"DOUBLECAST! PROTECT AND CURAGA!"

"Well damn!" shouted Lumen as his souba hit its mark, but it hardly did anything to her, thanks to the magical field that was now around her. After that had formed, a white field surrounded her and healed most of her wounds, but not all of them. Lumen had already jumped back a few feet and was charging his next attack, but the woman came after him, her rapier flying through the air wildly. She was out for blood.

"Your magic shall be useless! MAGIC BREAK!"

With that, Lumen ducked under the rapier aiming for his heart as he swung, striking true and hitting the witch. Sure enough, the technique left its blue hue around the witch, indicating her magic was weakened. Plus, it did some damage to her since she was now clutching her stomach.

"Not bad you primiative piece of shit," said the woman as she spat out some blood. Lumen kept a firm hand on his souba. Something wasn't right here... Like she wasn't fighting at her full power. "But now you must face my full wrath!"

Lumen's eyes went wide as the Red Witch's robes burned away, revealing what looked like a red rubber suit adorned with magical symbols. By this point, Lumen had figured out what she was talking about.

"Weighted clothing? Huh. And here I thought you were just a weak little witch."

To say that Lumen's last comment pissed her off was an understatement. She was piping angry. In fact, she was so angry, Lumen could havee sworn she had gotten into a Berserk status. Lumen, despite all this, was still not worried. She was powerful, yes, but Lumen was only using ten percent of his strength. In other words, no matter what the woman did, she was going to lose.

"PREPARE TO DIE!" shouted the Red Witch as she lunged at great speed towards Lumen, who had put his souba away. To anyone watching, it looked like he was surrendering, but any Master Samurai would know what Lumen was doing. Lumen was preparing to use a technique only a master could use, and when the witch was within two feet of him, Lumen will end this charade.

Dart
01-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Delph wasn't sure what was going on, so he simply stood and watched not knowing who was in the right or wrong. The fight was a splendid one though, he couldn't help but feel sorry for the innkeeper. The red witch was powerful, but foolish. She showed great lack of experience and tactical brilliance. Any Ronso worth his salt would know to keep calm in a battle, not to let emotion cloud the mind. Delph knew this lesson especially since, he had failed it.

He watched the Ronso with extra curiosity, not just because of his skill, but because he reminded him of another Ronso. Especially with this next move he had only seen once, and it did not go well for the recipient. Ronso or not, he could not let him win this fight that easily, not until he could figure out what was going on fully. Delph at least was in position to do something about it, being in much better shape than the Red Witch. Delph drew his sword and tossed it into the air before charging in.

A few quick steps and a leap, and he was talking the red witch to the ground. She might know what he had done for her, but he knew her life would be sparred for the time being. Delph twisted as he tackled, breaking the impact for the table they smashed through. When he finally came to the ground he rebounded up quickly and snatched his sword out of the air, quickly turning it and standing in a sturdy and defensive position. The entire move required zero hesitation, but he wasn't too sure what to do up at this point, keeping an eye on both the red witch and the Ronso. "Are you alright?" he asked the red witch, hoping things would slow down enough with her wild temper for him to figure out what was going on.

Lord Xarel
01-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Lumen's eyes shot wide as he kept his grip on the souba. The young man was one of Trisha's guardians, but he smelled... different from most humans. In fact, his very scent was that of Mt. Gagazet and her people, the Ronso. However, this what not was worrying Lumen. What was worrying him was the fact the blue hue casted on her from his Magic Break technique had disappeared, and the Red Witch was glowing a faint black...

"WATCH OUT! SHE'S CASTING A DEATH SPELL!" shouted Lumen, who was in no position to run in and save the one who smelled of the great mountain.

Kurozoga
01-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Blaine's eyes widened. He pushed his ally out of range and leaped several meters to the left, quickly moving out of range himself. Blaine gritted his teeth in frustration, why was his group being targeted? They had done nothing wrong, it was the stranger who was throwing out the taunts to the witch, not them.

"Damn it. What the hell is your problem?" Blaine readied himself for another attack.

Lord Xarel
01-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Lumen by this point went to the guardian's sides, his grip firm on his souba.

"Sorry to get you two involved, but you shouldn't have interrupted! I had this handled! She was the one looking for a fight, not me!" said Lumen firmly to the youngling that smelled of Gagazet. He then turned to the other who saved the youngling. "You're brave young one, and you should be congratulated, but that spell could have killed you too!"

"FIRAGA!"

"Dammit, move!" shouted Lumen as he jumped back from the witch's casting range. He had to shield his eyes from the intense fire and heat as the spell kept on exploding. This Red Witch was starting to use her emotions as boosters to her magics, and that meant Lumen was gonna have to be extra careful. Still though, he was worried for the two guardians. Had they jumped out of the way just in time? Or did they ignore Lumen? Lumen just hoped they were safe.

Dart
01-17-2011, 04:00 AM
Delph was fairly certain which side was correct by now, with the Ronso's dialogue and the witch attempting to cast a death spell. Death is not a nice spell at all. When he heard Firaga, he thought of only one thing to do. He jumped out of spell range, but he jumped forward to do so. Raising his sword he swung it fiercely at the completely vulnerable witch who had just finished casting her spell. A red blaze detonating behind him. But he could scarcely imagine killing this witch, so at the last second he maneuvered the flat of his blade to come around. His sword rebounded however, as apparently she had cast a protect spell earlier. That, and the flat of his blade meant minor damage, and now he was fairly exposed with his blade still reflecting off the field. He had no choice but to evade, and to do that he had to retreat. Delph jumped back and out of the way and waited to calculate his options.

Kurozoga
01-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Blaine casted his own flurry of spells. He summoned a flurry of snow to cool down the room, thus slowing down the enemy's fire summoning capabilities. Blaine leaped and cast his own thunder spell to strike down the witch.

"Straight to hell!"

Lord Xarel
01-18-2011, 06:17 AM
"BE CAREFUL YOUNG ONE!" shouted Lumen as he started running for the Red Witch, until he felt several pairs of strong arms on him.

"What in blue blazes?!" shouted Lumen in shock as the thugs teamed up on hi and grabbed him while he was distracted. To say this made Lumen a bit angry would be crazy. This pissed him off to all hell!

"YOU FOOLS! SHADOWSTRIKE!"

Suddenly, Lumen disappeared completely. This perplexed the thugs to no end, but they got the surprise of a lifetime when they saw Lumen's souba appear from their shadows, knocking them each out with the blunt side of the left blade. Lumen then stepped forward from a nearby shadow and shook his head.

"Lost control there, and as such, my mana has been greatly depleted," he said to no one in particular as he ran to where the Red Witch was now, who had evidently just casted a Shell spell on herself.

"DAMMIT! What does she not know?" asked Lumen to himself as the witch brought her gaze to Lumen.

"Well... Shit."

With that said, Lumen began blocking the witch's crazed frenzy of swipes, slashes, and stabs with his own. This went on for a while until Lumen caught her rapier between the blades of his souba. He then quickly turned the blade, causing the rapier to snap in two.

"Eh? Did you lost your toothpick?" asked Lumen as the woman looked at what was left of her rapier in silence. Then, with the fury of a woman scorned, she pointed her hand forward and uttered one word that actually scared Lumen.

"FLARE!"

The impact of the mighty explosion sent Lumen into the nearby wall. He was hurt, bad.

"So she can bite... Well, I can bite back."

Dart
01-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Now was Delph's chance to strike while she was concentrating on the experienced Ronso. For some reason Delph still couldn't bring himself to try to kill her. Fighting monsters was one thing but he had never killed another human before. Aside from his blade he saw only one other option. Delph sheathed his blade and lunged forward, but not at the Red Witch, not yet.

Quite suddenly, the Red Witch was surprised to find a rather large and bulky table smashing into her from the rear. Her protect shield flared as the table shattered, predominately splitting into two major halves each falling to their respective side. The force was enough to knock her down to her knees, but she was otherwise unscathed. She turned to see the man in dark clothing and matching hair, still holding chunks of table in his hand, shocked to see her still standing.

"Still!?" Delph shouted in aggravation. Of course in the immediate moment after that he found himself rolling to the side to evade a sudden Thundaga spell the Red Witch had conjured while returning to her feet. Seriously how much mana did she have!? Delph stood up after his roll and faced her once more. Maybe it was time to try to absorb some of that mana. Delph focused his energy to try to use the lancet ability he had never fully mastered. The Red Witch cast a Wateraga spell at him, but he decided to instead absorb it, since if this worked he could get a bit of that energy back anyway.

The water splashed on him, and in and of itself was not that threatening. The problem was the impact and pressure hurt severely. But Delph was no softie, when the water splashed onto the ground he still stood, albeit, slouching a bit. Delph felt a spark travel through his arm and decided it was now or never. He focused his energy forward and to increase the possibility of success further raised both hands to focus. The result however, was not worth the time it took to master the attack. A white light flashed for a moment around the Red Witch. he seemed to have succeeded in hitting her, but not enough to bring the energy back to him. She seemed annoyed, but not particularly damaged. In fact, what lancet he was able to come up with probably wasn't even up to par of a Ronso child.

Delph fell down to one knee and dropped one hand to maintain balance. "Damn," he sighed. Delph focused his energy to stand, and further rolling out of the way of a Thundaga. Delph rolled to his feet, but doubted he could maintain this without a moment's reprieve. Oh how he hoped someone would distract the Red Witch with another attack before she called another attack on him.

Lord Xarel
01-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Lumen had been watching the one who smelled of Gagazet for a while now and was surprised at what he just did.

"Did he just try to cast a Lancet spell?" thought Lumen to himself as he stood up. That Flare spell hurt like hell, but Lumen could still take at least two more of them. As he brought his souba up, he felt something inside him. A rage that any Ronso welcomes with open arms...

"Young ones! Do what you can to distract her! I'm gonna try to use some Blue Magic!" shouted Lumen as he got in a defensive position. Lumen was ready to end this, and if it meant taking the Red Witch's life, so be it.

Kurozoga
01-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Blaine lunged concentrated his energy into a single fire spell and targeted the red witch. The results were no less than what he expected, his fire spell had succeeded in hitting the red witch. Blaine winced at the strain the effort had caused him.

Blaine nodded, "We'll try." Somehow he knew that's the only thing he could do. An opponent who could cast a flare spell was definately more than a challenge for him.

Dart
01-19-2011, 01:23 AM
Delph took one last breath to gather whatever energy he could before deciding to engage again. He was not anywhere near fresh after his attempted lancet, but he would manage. He had a new plan anyway. Delph charged forward at the unsuspecting witch and jumped, latching onto the girl. This way she would have to target herself in any magic attacks, but on second thought, probably not the best idea since from what he understood, magic users were much more resistant to their own magic. Still, it would be harder for her to concentrate.

"FIRAGA!"

Or not. Delph jumped up and onto her shoulders before jumping off them. As he launched into the air the spell detonated underneath him, and the resulting shock wave sent him higher into the air. He bounced off the ceiling and fell back down, landing firmly on all fours he looked up at the Red Witch.

"THUNDAGA!"

Delph tossed himself under a table which was on the edge of the radius of the spell, of course, since the lightning would also travel across the ground he had to toss his body into the air, desperately trying not to let his still wet body get hit with anything. In the midst of his second toss into the air he emerged from under the table, which promptly shattered to splinters. Delph stood up grabbed a large splinter and tossed it forward with startling speed and accuracy. It reflected off her protect shield but her head recoiled from the blow nonetheless. The witch smiled and began to grow purple, charging a death spell once more. Delph drew his sword with a sigh, no longer worried about harming her.

Lord Xarel
01-19-2011, 02:32 AM
"Just a bit longer please!" shouted Lumen... He was getting close. This Blue Magic he was fixing to cast would end this, but not without some form of payment. He had learned it from some form of ghost, known to those on Gagazet and Gagazet only as the Dread Reaper. It was a strong fiend that usually minded its own business, but one day, it had attacked some Ronso cubs, and since Lumen was there, he fought the fiend.

Lumen won, but before he did, he casted Lancet on the fiend, learning this Blue Magic spell. It was powerful, but Lumen must sacrifice his own blood in order to do it.

Finally, it was there, and Lumen was ready.

"EVERYBODY! MOVE OUT OF THE WAY! THE SPELL IS DONE!" shouted Lumen, who used his right claw to slash his left hand, blood pouring out. As soon as the blood hit the ground, however, it started boiling. Eventually, it surrounded Lumen completely and turned black. "BLOODLUST!"

With that, the black blood was suddenly absorbed by Lumen's souba as he pointed it at the Red Witch. Within seconds, a black lightning bolt fired from the souba straight to the Red Witch, who turned at the last minute and fired her Death spell.

The resulting explosion shook the inn to its foundations...

Strange Nerd Girl
01-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Trisha kept on dodging and thorwing punches of her own at the red lady's thugs, she couldn't summon in here. It would destroy the people who owned the place their livelyhood. Trisha knocked one of the thugs down, then took grabbed her staff and placed thunder,fire,water,and ice guards on her two guardians and the ronso who was helping them fight the red lady. Trisha then used her staff to blow away two more thugs before she saw that she had a chance to strike at the red lady.
She started to run then jumped onto the red lady's back and started to tussle with her.

(I know its short but the only thing i could come up with since im pretty busy with real life issues atm, so i don't know when i will be on, though most likely at night affter the rents are asleep*)

Kurozoga
01-19-2011, 05:10 AM
Blaine backpeddled a few feet attempting to get away from the explosion, "Damn it." He gritted his teeth and attempted to jump out of the way, but his energy was nearly depleted and he had not nearly enough to perform such acrobatic moves. Blaine could only manage to duck and cover.

Unfortunetly, Blaine was slightly caught in the explosion. He was knocked back a few feet, however he did not escape the blast without a few reminders of it. Blaine's arm was terribly scathed, along with his side and thigh. However, he worked through the pain and stood up.

Blaine faced the occupants in the room to see if everyone was okay. After such an explosion he had worries.

Dart
01-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Not good. Delph could only do one thing, sheath his sword and, not even run, leap. he had one target and one target only, Trisha. Delph leapt for his new summoner, but just a finger length away, the explosion detonated. Delph wouldn't allow that. He reached further as the explosion cast him aside, hyper extending every muscle in his arm to reach her. He did. He wrapped her into his arms and tried to form a protective cocoon for her. He moved in the air, back smashing into the wall, before finally the explosion had ended.

Delph released the summoner and rose to his feet with a still dislocated arm. Blaine was okay. Now just to find the Ronso and the Red Witch. He hoped she was down after all that but if she wasn't... well, he had to be ready. Not matter how much his dislocated arm, and bruised back hurt. Luckily the water from the earlier spell kept anything from burning, so that was a relief at least.

Lord Xarel
01-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Various things covered the ground such as tables, chairs, and other ruined things. Under a certain pile though, was Lumen smiling to himself. He was quite well to have been in the middle of an explosion. In fact, one could say he was just fine, but an explosion like that could even force the mightiest of beasts to fall to one knee. Luckily for Lumen, he was such a beast.

"Damn that felt good!" said Lumen with sarcasm as he stood up. He twirled his arms around, made sure his tail was still in tact, and looked at any wounds he probably got from the explosion. He had several cuts and burn marks, but that was it. His Blue Magic spell, Bloodlust, probably saved his ass more than he would've like to admit. Lumen then looked around. Most of the people who were in the inn were now surrounding the ruins of the inn, the thugs were nowhere to be seen, and the Red Witch was not far, appearing to be dead. Now normally, Lumen would check and make sure such a powerful enemy was dead, but this time, he didn't. In fact, the afteraffects of Bloodlust were starting to get to him. He paid too much blood for the technique, but he would be fine.

"M'lady," began Lumen as he walked up to Trisha and her guardian. "I say we leave here immediately."

Kurozoga
01-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Blaine stood up grunting in pain. The blast of the explosion left him shooken up, but he was still in one piece thankfully.

"Ugh...is it over?" he quipped while looking over the remains of the inn once more. Blaine didn't really want to stick around for much longer, in fear that he would have to pay for the damages. Blaine hobbled over to his allies and scratched his head.

"So what now...?" he looked at the originator of the blast...Lumen. Blaine didn't quite trust him due to the fact that he had mustered that much hatred from a red witch. He really didn't want that kind of attention on the group.