PDA

View Full Version : FAQ

Anne Bonny
12-14-2010, 02:05 PM
What is POWERS?

It's a world roleplay. Basically a rp like we all know how to do, but on a super hero-sized scale.

Who gets to play?

Everybody! Submit a character sheet, and you're in, upon gm approval. It would be awesome if most everyone on the forum participated.

Why does it get its own section? Can my rp get its own section?

Every so often, RPA holds a forum wide world roleplay, and that is kept separate because of its huge scale. This roleplay is gm'ed by staff because of its big potential. Since there will probably be many threads that go along with this rp, it is easiest to keep this world in its own... well, its own world!

What's with these "staff reserved" characters?

There are some heroes and villains that any rp'er would agree are god characters. We will use them for the sake of the plot, but it's not exactly fair for anyone to play them.

You're crushing my hopes and dreams of playing Superman, though.

Ask me how much I care.

How much?

Not very much at all. Next question?

I don't know much about comic books. I guess I don't get to play. :(

Sure you do! The great thing about this rp is that you don't need a lot of knowledge about the original characters. You pick a hero or villain, and while you will use their prewritten abilities, YOU get to write their personality and backstory! The possibilities are endless.

I can't decide who to be. Can I play three characters?

How about we all start with just one. As the roleplay moves along, we might open it up to more than one character per user, but not right off the bat, for sure.

There must be rules...

You know it! All RPA rules apply. There may also be mature content in this rp!

You mentioned that this will have multiple IC threads, how exactly is that going to work?

There will be one master IC for each "issue" of POWERS which will be where the main storyline is conducted. Each faction will also have it's own IC thread . As well, anytime a fight breaks out between the characters, there will be individual Arena styled threads to conduct the battles.

How many issues of POWERS will there be?

Five

What if I have more questions?

Feel free to PM one of the GMs, or post them in this thread. Please no unnecessary chatter in this thread

The Imposter
03-07-2011, 04:43 PM
How much free reign do we have over character editing our heroes? I guess I want to know what we aren't allowed changing for a specific hero. I'm aware that powers are one, but when it comes to history and the like is it negotiable?

Anne Bonny
03-07-2011, 04:46 PM
It is fairly negotiable. It seems that people so far are using the main comic characters' bios, but I think there's room for editing if you like. We do want you to make this character your own, and I can see where it would be tough to create your own personality with a set history.

I would reccomend using the prewritten history as a general guide (ie how they became to be a hero if applicable, etc) and from that skeleton create your own person if that's what you want to do.

AliceMalice15
03-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Are we allowed to create new heroes/villans? I'm not sure if I want to use any of the DC/Marvel characters. Though I may do Black Canary and make her become a Brotherhood. I feel like being a bad girl. Lol though she may be sort of a double agent type...

Anne Bonny
03-08-2011, 01:56 AM
No completely origional characters at this time.

But you can absolutely turn a "goodie" into a "baddie".

G
03-08-2011, 06:00 AM
Hi!

Where can I find the information pertaining to 'The War' mentioned in the character sheet?

StormWolf
03-08-2011, 06:55 AM
that is something the player must decide according to the character's personality and stance on the war.

G
03-08-2011, 07:07 AM
I was more asking what is 'the war.' I've written my character assuming it's referring to the fight between the four groups, but maybe you should actually write that somewhere, as I've read all the ooc threads and didn't see any mention of a war.

Housemaster
03-08-2011, 07:21 AM
I was more asking what is 'the war.' I've written my character assuming it's referring to the fight between the four groups, but maybe you should actually write that somewhere, as I've read all the ooc threads and didn't see any mention of a war.

I have to agree with this...

It was easy to bypass that being The Mask and all... but one's personality is largely effected by one's surroundings.

And the surroundings is largely effected by if there's a bloody war or not

CALYPSO
03-08-2011, 08:50 AM
I was actually confused by that myself actually. So any explanation (minor or not) would be greatly helpful.

StormWolf
03-08-2011, 06:17 PM
To put things as vague and simple as I can, there was an incident involving young superheroes that resulted in hundreds of deaths. The public was infuriated at the irresponsible superhero behavior and demanded that heroes be put in line. A government mandated bill was passed, requiring all heroes to become registered and essentially become super cops. Many heroes agreed, but many disagreed as well, and in the chaos and confusion, villains started to band together.

So the "war" is a civil war among heroes and villains as they fight over the "right way" to do things.

Imp
03-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Oh thank Allah for the answer to 'the war' question!

Are conflicts (both argument and combat based) allowed to be created between characters in the same faction? Thus to create a deeper story and drama possibly within a single faction.

Anne Bonny
03-10-2011, 01:54 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/silly/sourcessayyepsurecan.png

Almost_Blue
03-11-2011, 02:48 AM
I sadly need a couple things explained, if you can.

1) The Mask.. [Do I have to ask why he was accepted into this?]
2/3) The fact that this registration is happening to every single universe at the same time? And/Or are we just in one large.. copyverse? [mainly the geography scares me..]

The only other thing I need to ask about, would be another group.. We need something more neutral than what we have now.. and Genosha would be the perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Ainmire Dougal
03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
One thing I was wondering about....Why was the Spectre allowed as a normal character, I mean talk about God characters....?
(ps kudos to you for getting him. :) )

StormWolf
03-15-2011, 05:47 PM
1. The Mask was accepted because he does in fact have a comic and he adds a nice element of unpredictability to the game. If you don't like the character, I'm sorry.

2. Marvel and DC and all other main comic strains are in this world at once. What scared you about geography? We (the GM's) make the geography.

3. We don't want a neutral faction. We need everyone to be actively involved. This is a war, and being Belgium is not an option.

4. While Specter is strong, he is not invincible like Manhattan, Superman, or Thor. If the player using that character god-mods. We will have Manhattan or Thor un-exist them.

Ainmire Dougal
03-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Fair enough. :D

StormWolf
03-15-2011, 06:11 PM
*approve*

Dr. Dream
03-27-2011, 02:15 AM
Never mind a second look at the thread answered my questions :P.

Marilith
03-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Are second characters ever going to be allowed?

John
03-27-2011, 03:07 PM
More than likely.

Marilith
03-27-2011, 03:08 PM
And I assume we shall not be allowed to make the same allegiance as our initial character?

John
03-27-2011, 03:11 PM
At the moment, I don't have an answer to that.

Ace of Hearts™
03-27-2011, 03:13 PM
What happens after the five issues?

John
03-27-2011, 03:15 PM
It ends with a party in which Gambit impresses us all with some Cajun cooking.

Ace of Hearts™
03-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Hm, I see. Surely, everyone would want it to end in that case. Gambit's cooking is to die for. Now, I know the answer would be a ways away, but I was just looking for vague answers. "It's over" or "We may continue."