PDA

View Full Version : The Brawl of a Lifetime [T] IC Thread

Lord Xarel
12-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the world of...

http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/userimages/2007/09/ssbb-logo.jpg

This is a place of fun, of adventure, and of BRAWLING! This is where the heroes (and heroines) of various video game franchises come to test their skill. While much, MUCH fighting does take place here, this is a world where peace does reign. Outside of the many exciting battles that do happen here, no one is allowed to fight. If an argument insues between the guests of this world, they must settle it in battle.

Along with the fighters, however, are regular denizens of the world, who watch the battles and cheer their favorite fighters on! These people have not seen a time of war since, well, ever.

This time of peace, however, is soon to come to an end. Master Hand and his brother, Crazy Hand, have sensed an evil unlike they have ever experienced! This evil, while still not at the world of Brawl directly, is already starting to have negative impacts. Crops are not growing like they used to, people are becoming irritable, and the Brawlers are becoming even more violent. Realizing they are going to need help for this new threat, the Hands have decided to look upon "The Watchers." These are the ones who control the fate of the fights between the Brawlers with their hands, and have been doing so for a little more than a decade now. With little other choice available, they have crossed into the real world as tall men wearing black buisness suits and black ties, looking for the best of "The Watchers."

The Hands in human form have come to your house and have explained what is happening to you. You have no choice. You must come to he world of Brawl, but the Hands have given you the time to pack essentials for your journey and what not. But you must remember, there is no going back until the coming evil in Brawl has been destroyed.

Wattz
12-14-2010, 07:24 PM
“Oh… my… god.”

Loki held her breath, the excitement inflating her chest like a balloon, ready to pop with an ear-deafening scream.

You know when you were eleven and you were waiting for your letter from Hogwarts and never got it? Well this is sort of like that, only…

“AAAAAAH!”

… Loki actually got her wish, minus the Harry Potter and other factors, of course.

“Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god – “

She flung herself away from the open door as the “hands” simply stand there, looking stiff in their suits. Loki’s screams of joy ricocheted throughout the expansive house, clinking on the chandelier and thunking on the tapestries. Two grown adults in well-kept outfits perched quietly in the living room as their daughter whizzed by. Other than the newspaper flickering by a slight gust of wind, neither parent moved an inch.

“Mom! Dad! Mom! Dad! I’m going to – “ But her words were drowned out as Loki dived headfirst into her room. She rummaged around and yanked out a tacky-looking backpack with all kinds of scribbles and stickers on it. One or the other actually responded with something that sounded vaguely like ‘that’s nice, dear’ but Loki’s ears were buzzing.

Now what to bring, what to bring? Would she get bored in the strange land of Brawl? Probably not, but she figured she’d bring entertainment just in case. A DS? A PSP? Would it be blasphemous to bring a PSP to a Nintendo-based world? Loki shrugged and threw it in anyways, stuffing the charger in with it, placing the other right next to it. When her backpack was filled to the brim with games, she stuffed an extra coat in with them, then wrestled with the zipper. That was all she’d need, right? Or maybe she should bring another bag.

After packing two more packs full of clothing (and a few more items of entertainment) Loki lifted them all onto her back and struggled towards the door, right past her parents, who were still vegetating in the pristine living room.

“I’ll be back!”

“Have fun, dear.”

Then Loki closed the front door.

Lord Xarel
12-14-2010, 08:00 PM
"Run that by me again?" asked Earl as he leaned forward a bit to the Hands. The Hands repeated themselves and made sure Earl understood that he didn't have a choice. "Uh huh," was all Earl said as he facepalmed.

"Why do you need me? I'm just a normal person," said Earl. "You are not normal. You are one of the best 'Watchers', and we need you," said the man on the right. He had a kind expression, but his voice had a very commanding quality. Earl figured this was Master Hand, but the man on the left had a psychotic look on his face but kept silent, only making noise when he let out a rather scary sounding chuckle. Earl figured quickly that this man was Crazy Hand.

"I'll do it. One sec," said Earl as he went to his room and packed some clothes and other essentials. He then went to the kitchen and packed some snacks and drinks. During all this, Earl wondered to himself. "Why am I doing this? Why do I believe these guys?" thought Earl. "I don't think they are lying. I don't get that feeling from them. They're serious."

With that, Earl was finished and had went past the Hands. "Let's go you two," said Earl as the Hands led the way.

Kaiosuke
12-14-2010, 09:34 PM
"Do you think I am stupid?" Kai said to the calm man infront of him. "I am supposedly one of the best 'watchers' as you so put and must go to a world that only exists in a video game. Not to mention I must fight an unknown evil to save this video game world." Kai facepalmed and sighed. "I knew I shouldn't have gone to that wierd tournament." The calm man explained again that he had no choice and Kai decided to go along with it. "Let me go pack." He said as he walked up to his room.

He packed a few weeks worth of clothes and his training gear. He also packed his sparring clothing. "Enertainment then." He grabbed his DS and a few games and took his two bags down stairs. "One more thing and I will be ready." He ran back upstairs and grabbed his katana and arm gaurds. He came back down as he was strapping his katana to his back. "Alright let's go."

The Imposter
12-14-2010, 10:08 PM
'Hehehehehe....HA! How on earth did my bro Ray convince you two dudes to do this? I mean it doesn't look like you are in need of money or anything.'

Evan still smiled as he rubbed his forehead trying to figure all this out. His hand then moved to his necklace as he fumbled with it trying to sort out thoughts. The options being filtered through his thought process.

'Well...this is a pretty tough decision to make if all this is serious, I mean I have practice tonight and a game tomorrow. Although I highly doubt it, this is probably some special invite Raymond thought up to get me to play with him.'

The two business clad men looked from across the room at Evan and reassured him this was no joke. Their strange accents giving a surreal effect to their personalities. Evan stood up and left the room and made his way to his bed room. Taking his duffel bag he packed his soccer equipment, some clothes, his journal, and his pillow.

As he came back into the living room the two men smiled weirdly which gave Evan an immediate sense of 'these guys are creepy dudes that are going to kidnap me aren't they' however with a sigh Evan brushed some out of place hair and smiled back.

'Alright guys take me to your world.'

Lord Xarel
12-15-2010, 09:06 PM
The Hands, one "Watcher" at a time, took the humans to a lab in a remote location. In this lab were five supercomputers, each of which was hooked up to every Nintendo console ever released, including the cursed Virtual Boy. Earl had been the first to come, then came three other people: two guys and a girl.

"So, they were speaking the truth after all..." said Earl as he looked around at all of the advanced technology and Nintendo consoles. Earl then walked to the group and gave a slight bow.

"Name's Earl. How about you guys?"

Wattz
12-16-2010, 09:07 AM
A jolt ran through her body as the Hands lead her to their foreign realm. Loki was more disoriented than she cared to admit, more confused than she appeared, but the girl was in paradise, and stuck in her childish state. It felt more like a dream than anything else, and she was more than willing to oblige.

She saw three others in the room as well, all males. They were all relatively average with their own quirks apparent at first glance. But they were hardly interesting, no. Not with all the treasures around the room. Loki squealed as she saw all the delicious game consoles within her reach, and dropped all three bags carelessly on the floor to run over and examine each and every one. But then someone spoke up, and Loki became quickly distracted once again, her attention bouncing all over the place.

“Name’s Earl. How about you guys?”

“Me?” Loki spun around on her heel, the worn-down soles of her sneakers helping her slide. She grinned and her pointy yellow teeth flashed between her thin lips. Giggling slightly, Loki stretched her arms backwards in a dramatic sweeping motion that exposed her stomach momentarily as she placed herself in the center of the room.

“They call me many things, where I’m from. Some call me Mischief, others call me Terror, and some even swear I am the Devil incarnate!” The little girl continued to pace around casually, emphasizing the proper words and playfully throwing in hand motions at just the right moments.

“But you!” At this, she brought out a pointer finger, letting her unkempt nail pass over each and every individual in the room, staring them right in the eyes with her own impish gaze. “Yes, you all… may call me Loki.” Then Loki brought her arms out and made a sweeping bow.

Suzaku Kururugi
12-16-2010, 11:39 AM
"Wait a minute!" So you're telling me that you are trying to gather all the best so called "Watchers" to do what? Save the world or something. The two men shook their heads yes. I have no choice but to come with you right. they shook their heads yes again. "Ok" I'll go pack it won't take me long I'll just be a minute.

The first bag was filled with about a week and a half of clothes. The other two was books and other entertainment items. As I walked to the men i said "are we going now or are we waiting a bit? They said now and proceeded to walk towards the door to their world. "Off we go!"

Kaiosuke
12-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Kaiosuke stared at the hyperactive girl. She was quite the opposite of himself. Where he was disciplined and calmed, she was energetic and chaotic. He looked around at the other three males and his eyebrow continued to arc. These were the so called watchers? How were they supposed to do any good in a fight.

It seemed he was the only one to bring a weapon. He sigh as he decided to go ahead and introduce him self. "My name is Kaiosuke kisaragi. You all may call me Kai. I was born in Japan and am a winner of many different tournaments regarding Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I have trained in martial arts and kendo and am a very diciplined person." He bowed to the others in respect and sat on his knees.

The Imposter
12-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Evan grinned politely as his eyes widened at the crew that was around him, some had already begun to introduce themselves. What a bunch of weirdos. What is going on here? His thoughts were cut short at the realization he too should introduce himself.

'Nice to meet you all, I'm Evan. Seems like we all have some pretty eccentric personalities and we all are considered the best of the best at SSB series eh?'

Pointedly he turned towards the two men clad in business attire. 'I don't want to seem rude but if this is some sham I don't think it was wise to bring a kid with a bladed weapon, he seems like he'll kill you if you try anything funny. Just saying. So how do we get there? Is there still others to follow?'

Evan shut yourself up, you are asking too many questions....just chill. The thought pierced his consciousness and he leaned back looking at the ceiling and sighing. His body slumped down till he was squatting on the floor and drawing with a finger on the floor.

Lord Xarel
12-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Earl watched everyone and took mental note of their names before he walked over to a nearby supercomputer and merely looked at it and all of the buttons on it. This computer looked like something from a computer lab used by scientists to crush information into small bits of information. He then looked at all of the screens. On each of them was the title screen for Super Smash Bros Brawl, but something didn't seem right. The screens looked like they were fixing to explode.

"Is everyone ready? Heheheh. Master Hand and I are, so I suggest everyone else get that way," said Crazy Hand as he walked up to the center supercomputer and started typing like a mad man, as expected. Earl quickly tightened his bag around his arm as he stood back and watched the screens on all of the computers literally explode from the amount of information. However, the explosion was each computer merged to each other and formed into a white hole in the middle of the air. The hole looked big enough for Earl to fit through, he just wished he could see what was on the other side.

"Okay Earl, go through the hole," said Master Hand as Earl turned to the master of the world he was fixing to see. Earl then, seemingly, started to take a few steps backwards. After a good five steps, he got in a running position and kicked off, running into the white hole at full speed.

The next thing Earl saw nearly took Earl off his feet. He was now in the middle of Final Destination, and it looked amazing...

Kaiosuke
12-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Kaiosuke watched with interest as the supercomputers combined to make a portal of some kind. He watched as Earl ran through the portal and disappeared. "Well," he said standing and grabbing his bag, "me next?" He asked Master hand. Master Hand merely nodded his head and Kaiosuke walked calmly into the portal.

What happened next could only be described as amazing. He felt like he was flying trough space, as if he had died. When he appeared he spawned in Hyrule Castle on top of the roof. "Amazing," he said in amazement. He chuckled a bit as this was his favorite stage to play on. "I wonder if I was brought here because it is my favorite stage."

Wattz
12-17-2010, 10:07 PM
The portal reflected in Loki’s eyes as she gaped at the sight, captivated by the prospect of where it could lead. She gasped as Earl disappeared through the thing, and lingered more in her amazement as Kaiosuke followed suit. Her stunned face gradually turned into one of pure excitement, her lips turning up and her slightly yellow teeth flashing.

“Me next me next me next!” Loki shrieked. She jumped up and down before pushing past Evan. It was possible that she had knocked him down in her haste, but she didn’t bother to check. Her ultimate experience lied ahead of her, and she wore blinders to everything else. It was just her, this portal, and a land of childish wonders.

The light felt cold on her skin the moment she touched it, immediately engulfing her entire being. She had to cover her eyes, for the bright flash was almost too intense for her to handle. It only took a second, but within that instant Loki felt as if she had been ripped into billions upon billions of little pieces, almost as if she had been transformed into pixels. Then everything stopped, save for a roaring in her ears.

Loki lit up as she looked down at the ground, feeling the squishy green grass beneath her feet. The roaring turned out to be a crowd of people, though she couldn’t exactly locate the source. But there, right smack dab in the center of it all, she saw a very distinctive figure of red and white....

She ran to it.

She could hardly maintain her excitement. In fact, she let it all out, jumping and yelling for joy like a screeching monkey.

Right beneath her feet was a giant pokeball, and Loki found herself smack-dab in the middle of the Pokemon Stadium.

The Imposter
12-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Evan stood a little confused at what just happened. He had offered the girl Loki to go next but it was as if she didn't even listen. Then she exclaimed that she wanted to go next and rushed past him. He could feel her little arm push against him trying to move him out of the way.

In an instant she was gone like the two before her. It was now just him and the Hands. He looked at the white portal then back at them. 'I suppose it is my turn next isn't it?' Strangely he wasn't scared, he was more nervous then anything. This feeling was one Evan was quite use to, it was the same he got before a game.

Picking up his bag he made his way into the white doorway. Just before he stepped through he paused. He had no idea what was behind that portal, but didn't even seemed concerned. "Ummm...Sirs, are you sure about this? I mean don't get me wrong I know I'm good at Smash Bros but do you really want to entrust the likes of us with the fate of your world?'

Evan's eyes widened as the response seemed to come from right beside his ears. The voices in unison spoke half jokingly. 'You talk to much Evan! You need a push in the right direction.' Two hands pushed his shoulders and Evan stumbled forward into the portal, losing his footing and rolling head over heels his body feeling the intense light against it but no pain.

When Evan caught his breath he turned back to yell at the Hands, but the Hands were no longer there. In there place was the most beautiful fountain. Instantly he recalled the place from SSB, out of all the places to wind up he was at the Fountain of Dreams. Evan stood up wide eyed still unbelieving that he was actually there.

Lord Xarel
12-19-2010, 06:28 AM
Earl had just been standing around in the center of Final Destination, looking around at all of the stars and other celestial bodies flying by. Surprisingly, he was able to breathe here in space, which made no sense whatsoever, but then again, this was the world of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Very little things made sense here. Infact, it was as if this world was laughing in the face of the laws of physics.

"Amazing... So... Beautiful," were amoung the things Earl said as he finally just sat down, his eyes wide and his mind open. Surely, whatever was fixing to happen, it was gonna be epic.

"Attention Brawlers! The greatest of the Watchers have finally come to this great world of ours!" shouted a voice from out of nowhere. Earl recognized the voice. It was Master Hand's voice, which was strangely the same as the man who announces in all of the matches. "Crazy Hand and I hope that you all welcome the Watchers with open arms here, but there is something else that needs to be said. Crazy Hand?"

"Okay MAGGOTS!" shouted Crazy Hand. "Apparently, he doesn't really care for the Brawlers or us 'Watchers'," thought Earl to himself as he smirked up into the reaches of space, where he had figured the voices were coming from. "Some of you shall be teaching and training the Watchers how to fight and survive here for the next three months. After that, there will be a tournament between everyone, including the Watchers. The ones who will be training the Watchers already know, so if any of you Brawlers just found out about this, stay out of the way. With that, Marth, Link, Wolf! You will be training Kaiosuke 'Kai' Kisaragi! Roy, Wario, Pokemon Trainer, you are off to train Laura 'Loki' Van Buren! Sonic, Ike, Kirby, you are to train Evan Fraust! And last but not least, Bowser, Toon Link, and Mewtwo! You lot gets to train Earl Stevens! Now that that is out of the way, I must tend to my... experiments...MWAHAHAHAHAHA!" shouted Crazy Hand as he laughed, his voice fading into the endless void of space.

"Odd one my brother is. Now that he is gone, I shall teleport those of you on this assignment to your respective Watcher. Also, to the great Watchers, your training and lessons shall and will be difficult. You will be provided with adequate food, sleep, and breaks, so be thankful. If the Brawlers had their way, I'm sure there would be no time for breaks," said Master Hand with a bit of a chuckle. He then cleared his throat and spoke up again. "Watchers, there is a vial for you at your current location. You are to drink this before your training begins. If you don't, you shall surely be destroyed because of your weak bodies."

With that said, Earl immediately turned and found the vial. The thing barely was the size of Earl's pinky, but Earl saw three different liquids in this vial. The top liquid was a swirl of red and dark green. The middle swirl was half gold and half light green. Finally, the liquid on the bottom was a mixture of white and dark purple.

"This vial contains the DNA of your favortie Brawlers," spoke up Master Hand again, as if on cue. "When you drink this, you will feel the worst pain you have ever felt in your short lives, but the powers you will be given will be amazing. Trust me, you want this power. It is with this power and your knowledge of the Brawlers' techniques that will allow you all, The Watchers, to save our world. Be careful one and all, and Godspeed."

With that, Master Hand's voice disappeared, leaving Earl and his fellow Watchers to make a choice: Either drink of this vial, feel an immense amount of pain, receive great powers, and survive your coming training, or don't drink this vial and die.

To Earl, there was no choice.

Earl quickly tore the cork off and drank the liquid. Earl half expected the liquid to taste bad, but what assaulted his mouth was more foul than he could believe. The smell was of rotten eggs mixed with other things not to be mentioned. The taste was much the same. Thankfully for Earl, as soon as it started, it had ended. Unfortunately, that was when a pain. Earl had never known such pain. It felt as if his whole body, bones and all, was being stretched and beaten to a bloody pulp.

"Truly, this is the same pain as being slowly crushed with a boulder...AGH! thought Earl as he let out a scream that surely could be heard in the whole world of Brawl. Before he closed his eyes to focus on numbing the pain, Earl swore he saw a bright white light and three figures appear. He was right.

To the three newcomers on the stage of Final Destination, Bowser, Toon Link, and Mewtwo, had to shield themselves in a sound-proof psychic barrier provided by Mewtwo himself just to not have their eardrums blown out.

"What's happening to him?" asked Toon Link, worried about his first student. "The liquid he was given is transforming his very DNA structure, something very painful," said Mewtwo through telepathy. Bowser took note that Mewtwo sounded fairly sympathetic to Earl. After all, Mewtwo was cloned from Mew. He probably had felt a similar pain. "Hope he survives," said Bowser as he watched. True, he was evil, but he wasn't as cruel as some of the other villians here in this world.

After what felt like an eternity, but was really only ten minutes, the pain was gone, and Earl opened his eyes. He was feeling no different than before he had drank the liquid, but he was feeling a bit light-headed. As he got up, he looked at his reflection on the stage. He looked no different...

"Hello," came a small voice to Earl's right. Earl turned to the sound, seeing his three favorite characters of the world of Brawl and Melee. Earl had figured the voice came from Toon Link, and only smiled at his new teachers.

"Hello. As you know, my name is Earl Stevens, and I guess will be receiving training from you all for the next three months," said Earl with a weary smile. He had an uneasy feeling that these next three months were going to be the hardest three months of his life.

Kaiosuke
12-20-2010, 12:48 AM
"Attention Brawlers! The greatest of the Watchers have finally come to this great world of ours!" shouted a voice from out of nowhere. Kaiosuke couldn't help but recognize the announcer voice. He had always wondered who it was and found it interesting that it was Master Hand. "Crazy Hand and I hope that you all welcome the Watchers with open arms here, but there is something else that needs to be said. Crazy Hand?"

"Okay MAGGOTS!" shouted Crazy Hand. Kaiosuke's eyebrow arched in amusement at this. "Some of you shall be teaching and training the Watchers how to fight and survive here for the next three months. After that, there will be a tournament between everyone, including the Watchers. The ones who will be training the Watchers already know, so if any of you Brawlers just found out about this, stay out of the way. With that, Marth, Link, Wolf! You will be training Kaiosuke 'Kai' Kisaragi! Roy, Wario, Pokemon Trainer, you are off to train Laura 'Loki' Van Buren! Sonic, Ike, Kirby, you are to train Evan Fraust! And last but not least, Bowser, Toon Link, and Mewtwo! You lot gets to train Earl Stevens! Now that that is out of the way, I must tend to my... experiments...MWAHAHAHAHAHA!" shouted Crazy Hand as he laughed, his voice fading into the endless void.

"Odd one my brother is. Now that he is gone, I shall teleport those of you on this assignment to your respective Watcher. Also, to the great Watchers, your training and lessons shall and will be difficult. You will be provided with adequate food, sleep, and breaks, so be thankful. If the Brawlers had their way, I'm sure there would be no time for breaks," said Master Hand with a bit of a chuckle. He then cleared his throat and spoke up again. "Watchers, there is a vial for you at your current location. You are to drink this before your training begins. If you don't, you shall surely be destroyed because of your weak bodies."

Kaiosuke turned about and saw what looked to be an item capsule. He picked it up and tossed it to the ground revealing a vial of liquid. It was an odd color mixture. Purple on top, green in the middle, and blue on the bottom. He picked the vial up and uncorked it, immediately his nose was filled with a mixture of scents just as odd as the colors, steel, wood, and dog. "Ugh. If it smells this foul it probably tastes just as bad. Bottoms up I guess." At that he downed the whole mixture and immediately doubled up in pain.

He did not scream even though it had felt like he was being chopped up and shot all over his body. He grunted as the pain finally subsided and he looked up to see Marth, Link, and Wolf standing there in front of him.

"This one is well disciplined." Marth had said to link as they stared at him. "Yes, that had to have been excruciating, but not as bad as what we will be putting him through." Wolf said smirking at Kai. "Stop Wolf, we are to train him not destroy him. He may not be as strong as us right now but it is our job to get him ready." Said Link with a smile.

Kaiosuke walked over to the three brawlers that would be his trainers and gave a respectful bow. "My name is Kaiosuke Kisaragi. You may call me Kai if you wish. I have the feeling the next three months will be a difficult road for me, and only hope to impress you."

Wattz
12-22-2010, 07:31 AM
“Hey, my name ain’t Laura!” Loki protested as she heard the foul name broadcasted by the Hands. “It’s Loki! Get it right, you motherf-“

Her words were drowned out by Crazy Hand’s manic laughter, and the girl rubbed her ears with an angry look on her face. Loki listened to the rest of their instructions half-heartedly, flopping her head from side to side, fidgeting her arms, tapping her feet, ho-humming. It was sort of like reading a tutorial in a game, which she usually skipped in favor of figuring out the control as she went along. Then the vial appeared seemingly out of nowhere, and she grasped the little thing with a look of curiosity. Loki passed it casually in her hands back and forth, examining every inch of it. When she popped the cork, she gagged from the smell, nearly vomiting on the floor.

“This is disgusting! What the hell am I supposed to do with this, anyways?”

"This vial contains the DNA of your favorite Brawlers. When you drink this, you will feel the worst pain you have ever felt in your short lives, but the powers you will be given will be amazing. Trust me, you want this power. It is with this power and your knowledge of the Brawlers' techniques that will allow you all, The Watchers, to save our world. Be careful one and all, and Godspeed."

Loki made a face at the vial, not quite believing what the Hands had to say. Except, of course, she was quite intrigued by the prospect of having the DNA of the Brawlers.

“End cutscene!” The girl tossed the contents of the vial into her mouth and immediately doubled over, clutching her stomach and squealing. Every inch of her insides seared with pain, her brain splitting open and her stomach churning with fire. Her eyes exploded, her muscles ached, her throat grew sore from the screaming….

Then it stopped.

Loki breathed heavily, feeling a silence ringing in her ears. She found herself lying in the fetal position on the ground, clutching her greasy mop of hair with her bony fingers. For once in her life, she had nothing to say. She’d never felt anything so wretched, so foul, so –

“Are you alright?”

She saw three looming figures looking down upon her. One was short and fat, the other two lean and tall. Loki had to squint her eyes to see their faces, obscured by the extreme lighting of the stadium. The sight would have been more exciting if it hadn’t been for the painful scare. Roy, Wario, and the Pokémon Trainer, all leaning down and looking at her as if she were on an operating table. Loki cracked a tiny smile, but nothing big and gaudy.

The noble Roy leaned down and grabbed her by the arm, putting her on her feet. Loki realized that she had tears running down her face and hastily wiped them away. Pokémon Trainer looked at her with a smug sort of smile. Wario just stood there with a big stupid grin.

“Are you alright, Laura?” Roy said with his confident voice. Loki just sniffled and nodded her head abruptly

“My name is Loki, not Laura.” Her usual spark had been momentarily sucked out of her, but her face lit up the moment she saw it. The one, the only, the red, the black, the white:

The pokeball. It was in the Trainer’s grubby little hand, and she wanted it.

“It’s nice to meet you, Lo – “

But Loki didn’t let the Trainer speak. She had already grabbed the pokeball right from his hands, leaving him somewhat stunned with his mouth slightly ajar. “Wh – hey!” He rushed to grab the ball back, but Loki had already fled a good distance away. “Give that back! That’s mine!”

“What does this button do? Will it release a Pokémon?!”

“No, be careful with that!”

Loki flung the ball into the air after having pressed the button on its side. “Charizard, go!” The ball landed with a thunk on the ground, glowing before it emitted a flurry of sparks. The ball opened wide, only to close and become dormant. Anticlimactic indeed.

“Hey, what gives?! Charizard, go, go, go!” Loki jumped up and down, as if she’d forgotten all about her previous troubles. It was more like a cover up than anything else. The sting still echoed in her bones, making her shake ever slightly.

“Red,” she called out to the Trainer, “Make the Pokémon come out!”

He retrieved his ball from the ground and stomped over to Loki. Wario was laughing hysterically in the background and Roy was rubbing his head as if he had a headache. “Don’t. Touch. My. Pokeball!” The Trainer loomed over Loki, but she snarled back with a similar amount of ferocity.

The Imposter
12-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Evan sat still a little astonished with everything going on. Still the repulsive taste echoed in his mouth causing taste buds displeasure. Taking a deep breath he looked up towards the sky recalling again the events that had just passed. They would be ones he would remember for all eternity.

The Hands had just finished their announcement when Evan noticed the vial floating around in the fountain. He was a little surprised that it floated along with its swirling colors of blue, pink, and red with blue specks. Despite the warning of pain and whatnot Evan couldn't help but draw closer to it. He slowly reached for it knowing the others that he came with probably were doing the same. He wasn't going to be outdone by them he jested in his mind. Just as his hand clenched around it something emerged from the water. His eyes didn't mistake him he was sure of it. A large ball of pink enveloped his hand and the vial.

"WHA!"

Evan shook his arm violently trying to get his hand free from the mass of pink suddenly his eyes locked on with the eyes of the monster. Its mouth curled in a smile which was slightly remarkable as it didn't give up his hand. A muffled Hi-ia made its way out from the blob.

'Kirby? Wow, Kirby is eating my arm! Wait a sec..LET GO OF MY ARM! Give it back!"

Evan used what athleticism he had and kicked away from Kirby and freed his arm. Kirby floated backwards slightly then puffed out and hovered watching Evan. Evan popped the vial open and closed his eyes bracing himself for the yuck that would be ingested when he felt a strong wind come up beside him. As his hand titled to drink the contents of the vial he realized nothing came out. His facial expression became perplexed as he opened his eyes to see someone else holding the vial.

He recognized the blue hedgehog instantly. Sonic smiled taunting Evan my dangling the vial. Evan sighed and spoke up knowing he couldn't catch Sonic.

'Alright you guys, we are wasting training time you gotta let me drink that vial.'

'Awww....C'mon Evan you really gonna just give up like that? I mean you're human you gotta be able to run like what? Two miles an....huh?! Hey!'

The third of the trio had shown himself now lifting Sonic into the air like a misbehaved child. The young man looked kinda funny holding such a heavy sword in one hand and Sonic in the other. He walked towards Evan carrying the two with relative ease.

'Evan is right no sense in wasting time. Let him drink the vial.'

Sonic smiled and gave Evan the vial and then spun out of Ike's grasp. The three came together and watched as Evan began drinking the concoction, he choked it down until nothing was left and then gagged. His body wanted to expel the substance but somehow wasn't able to. Evan's eyes watered and he broke out into a cold sweat. Finally able to catch his breath Evan laid down looking into the stars. The next three months are going to be tough but Evan was ready for the challenge.

'Well lets get to work, there are at least three other Watchers that I need to be better than.'

Lord Xarel
12-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Earl had been really worried at first. What was he supposed to do in order to train with these beings, each more powerful, quicker, and smarter than Earl? How was he going to survive against them? He didn't know, until he had a random thought.

"If you want to survive, imagine being them..."

How Earl had that thought, he didn't know. Perhaps the vial did more than advertised... With that in mind, Earl thought about being Bowser, having his great strength and size. Having the ability to breathe fire, slam enemies, and utterly destroy anything.

It was then Earl felt his body change. It was rather painful. His bones, organs, and skin each became enlarged. His skin started hardening, growing scales, and even Earl's clothes transformed into a shell... That was when it hit Earl. The DNA... It allowed him and the other Watchers to transform into the Brawlers of their choosing! Be the time Earl had figured this though, his transformation was complete. He was now a perfect copy of Bowser, but instead of a green shell and yellow scales, he had a black shell and white scales.

"Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!" shouted Bowser as he walked up to Earl and patted him on the shoulder. "You ready? Each of us will get you for a monthas previously agreed, so your first month will be with me."

Earl's eyes widened in surprise. He was going to be training with the evil Koopa King? Alone? Oh dear...

"I guess," was all Earl said as Bowser nodded at Toon Link and Mewtwo, who both disappeared. Right after that, Earl received a rather large punch to the face. "GOTTA BE ON YOUR TOES KID!" shouted Bowser wih a roar as he suddenly dashed at Earl. "You will have to learn how to use this form like I do. Don't worry if you can't catch your foe. Let them come to you, and when you see an opening-" started Bowser as he suddenly reached Earl, jumped, and grabbed him. "PULVERIZE THEM!"

Earl learned that the hard way as Bowser suddenly did two backflips and hit the ground with Earl first. With Earl still on the ground, Bowser got up and breathed fire all over the poor boy turned Koopa, but instead of taking it, Earl hid in his newly acquired shell and spun, using his weight to suddenly attack Bowser. He then got out of the shell, took in alot of air, and breathed fire back at Bowser. Bowser took the attack with a smile. This kid was learning quickly, but he didn't know all of Bowser's tricks...

As the month went by, Earl learned more and more about his new King Koopa form as he called it. He learned quickly of his strengths and weaknesses, but he also learned a few other things...

"Why do you always kidnap Princess Peach?" asked Earl one day while eating a gigantic leg of some creature from Brawl. Becoming the Koopa King also gave you an increased appetite and a love for meat. Bowser kinda looked at Earl with a fury Earl had never seen before, but Bowser soon sighed and the fury went away.

"Well, I do like her, but I kidnap her more because of what her people have done to mine. I really care about the Koopa race, and I truly want them to survive. Plus, I don't wish fo harm to come to Peach or the Mario Bros. It just always seems to end that way..."

Earl looked down at this, feeling guilty about asking, but he learned that his master really did have a soft side...

"Break time's over numbnuts! Back to training!"

... Sorta

Earl continued his training for the rest of the month, and it was the final day for his training with Bowser. For this day, he would battle with the Koopa King, and Earl was excited.

"Ready?" Bowser asked. Earl nodded his head. Then a voice from out of nowhere was heard. It was the announcer, better known as Master Hand.

"3. 2. 1. GO!"

With that, Earl and Bowser charged each other, but Bowser surprised Earl. Instead of meeting Earl head on, he hid in his shell and spun, deciding to use the Whirling Fortress technique to hit Earl. At this, Earl quickly side-stepped the attack and smiled as Bowser wa left open. With nothing to lose, Earl ran to him and grabbed him. After a few quick headbutts, Earl then threw Bowser behind, and once again ran to get him, but Bowser saw Earl's plan. Earl was going for a dash-throw technique, and Bowser was gonna punish him for it.

Or, so he thought.

Earl smiled as he saw Bowser ready to strike where Earl was gonna be, but Earl suddenly stopped as Bowser's spiked shell hit the ground. At this point, Earl had him, and Bowser knew it.

"Bowser BOMB!" shouted Earl as he suddenly uppercutted Bowser into and just as suddenly brought Bowser back down with a ground pound. Bowser was almost down for the count, but he had one more trick up his sleeve. An emergency Smash Ball. (OOC: For those who don't know, there's a glitch in Brawl that happens on rare occasions. If the Smash Ball is on, and Bowser is KOed and comes back, he will every now and then be glowing as if he got a Smash Ball, allowing him to perform his Final Smash.)

Earl then heard it. He then the breaking of glass, and the sound it made was horror to Earl. Bowser had opened a Smash Ball, and Earl was royally screwed. Unless...

Bowser immediately transformed at this point, glowing white and increasing in size quickly. Within three seconds, he had become Giga-Bowser. With the upsurge of power, he smiled wickedly and looked for Earl, but he wasn't around... He had disappeared...

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" shouted Giga-Bowser as he looked, but he still couldn't find Earl! It was as if Earl had been knocked past the KO barrier, but he hadn't. If he had, Bowser would have won already...

"Ah crap!" shouted Bowser as he transformed back into his regular form. Little did he know, Earl had went off the stage, but hung on the very end, waiting. Bowser soon realized when he turned around, only to see Earl give him a headbutt that sent Bowser past the KO Barrier...

"And the winner is... EARL!" shouted Master Hand as Earl celebrated. His first month of training was finally over... But who was going to be Earl's trainer for the next month?

The Imposter
12-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Kirby, Sonic, and Ike sat around their student imparting what they could to help Evan. After what seemed like an onslaught of knowledge and wisdom Evan interrupted.

'So let me get this straight. Just by thinking of becoming one of you, I will and I'll have all the capabilities of fighting just like you. Like a copy right?'

Kirby responded shaking himself no. Ike nodded in agreement and spoke on behalf of the pink star warrior. Using his sword as an armrest Ike explained that they weren't here to just reproduce themselves.

'It is true that you will be able to do all our techniques....but we don't want you to just be a copy. You've got to become better than us. So why not give it a shot? Change into one of us.'

Evan smirked at the thought. It would take some serious training to ever be on the same level as these heroes. Evan stood rising to this new challenge. He wouldn't let the others get a head of him. He began thinking of becoming one of the three unsure of which to settle on. He loved playing as them in SSB because they were all so different. Then his eyes rested on Sonic's red shoes.

'Alright lets get started.'

As he focused on becoming Sonic he could feel his body changing, discomfort flooded his mind as his body shrank and contorted. When it was all over he looked at his teachers. They all had a slight smile, then they began to laugh. Ike couldn't even contain himself. Kirby's eyes brightened sensing Evan's confusion and he grabbed Evan by the hand and led him to the fountain so he could see his reflection. As he looked down his eyes widened in shock but before he could speak Sonic was beside him slapping him on the back.

'Well...I think it suits you. I mean you definitely aren't ready to rock the blue yet! Hahaha!'

Evan blushed embarrassed and humiliated in front of his teachers. In an attempt to save face he shouted out at them to stop. Then proceeded to interrogate them for answers.

'I'm pink!? I'm a pink Sonic! How is color scheme even decided? I look ridiculous, no one will take me seriously as a pink Sonic!'

'Calm down man, I'm sure it was just Crazy Hand having some fun when he made your serum. Don't sweat it, when we are done with you you'll be the most feared pink Sonic in the whole world....hehehe. Stopping whining and follow me, time to get you ready.'

Sonic grabbed him and sped off into a small portal. It happened all so fast that Evan lost his breath. When he had caught it and looked up he was in a different area. It was a vast domain and in the distance he noticed a small bulls eye target floating.

'So as your teachers we decided it was important for you to get a sense of how your new bodies work. We will teach you our special moves and stuff later, but right now you need to learn how to move.'

Evan understood despite how fast Sonic said it. Nodding he turned to face his challenge. Just as he began running towards the first target he noticed a pit fall but it was too late. He had been running so fast that he couldn't stop in time he jumped hoping to make the gap but fell short. He fell into blackness. He didn't know how long he had been out but he woke to Sonic standing over him.

'By the way the physics of this world are different than yours. You can jump while floating in the air, gravity doesn't pull as hard, blah, blah, blah. So go smash all the targets this time. Once you manage to do it as me, you'll try as one of the others? Got it? Good! Oh and be careful when you get running the faster you are going the harder it is for you to stop. Give yourself some skid room.'

At the conclusion of the first month Evan had gotten quite use to the new bodies he could turn into. Despite all the attires being pink, he didn't even like pink as a color. He determined he would show Crazy Hand a thing or two next time they met. He had even begun to rival his teachers own times in break the targets. The four of them sat around back at the Fountain of Dreams. Letting Evan catch a quick rest before the next section of his training would begin.

'Well Evan, I think it is time we begin teaching you our special techniques. We will start off with the basics and eventually teach you how to pull of Final Smashes. Are you ready?'

Kaiosuke
01-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Kaiosuke sighed a bit as he stood before the three teachers. "Who will be first then?" He asked patiently. The three of them discussed with each other for a moment then turned to regard Kaiosuke. "Since you seem to already be familiar with a sword we have decided that Wolf will be your first tutor." Marth said to him smiling. Wolf howled his approval, "Just think about changing into me and you will. I hope you are ready for a month of hell."

Kaiosuke nodded and immediately imagined being Wolf. His body began to shrink and become covered in hair. His clothing stayed their usual black and his fur matched his own hair color. "Fascinating." He said with Wolf's voice. No sooner did he draw his pistol to admire it then he suddenly got shot. "Ouch! What the hell?" He cried out as he was stunned for a second. "Don't leave an opening fool!" Wolf cried as he rushed forward to launch some kicks. Wolf was surprised to be met by an energy sheild that flickered as his kick struck.

For weeks the training went on as Kaiosuke learned the many fighting skills and gadgets that wolf used. Finally on the last day it was time to put his training to the test. "3,2,1 GO!" shouted the announcer at the begining of their match. The rules had been explained to him. It was to be a one life exibition match, no time limit, and no items except the smash ball. Kaiosuke began the fight rushing in to the fray launching some smash attack kicks at Wolf to build up his damage. Wolf counter by rolling backwards then following with a Wolf Flash attack. Kaiosuke side steps the attack and follows with his own connecting with Wolf in his back.

The battle waged on with both opponents using all there best tricks. Finally as their damage was reaching critical, Kaiosuke saw the flash of a small ball spawning. He used the Fire Wolf technique to break the Smash Ball and unleashed his Landmaster Tank. "No way." Wolf cried out as the Landmaster slowly fell towards him and did a barrel roll making Wolf fly past the KO barrier. "GAME!" shouted the announcer as the three teachers appeared infront of Kaiosuke.

Wolf walked up and slapped Kaiosuke on the back. "Couldn't have done it better myself, all though I DID go easy on you." Wolf said with a small growl. "Sure you did Wolf." Link said coming up and shaking hands with Kaiosuke. "Congratulations. However my training won't be so easy." He said as they shaked hands.

Wattz
01-15-2011, 03:47 AM
The transformation into a Pokémon Trainer was less than exciting, but Loki was certainly happy about it. She simply wore a different outfit, the same one as that of the Trainer himself. The hat in particular made her certainly ecstatic, despite the fact that it squished her poufy hair down beneath, shrinking down the usual size of her head. The moment she lifted the hat, her blonde hair sprang up, though its shape had morphed. Loki examined the hat with an enormous smile on her face.

“This is better than cos – “

“Alright, alright, enough of that,” the Trainer said as he went off in one direction, implying that she should follow.

Loki obliged. “So what’re we learnin’ today, huh Red? When do I get my own Pokeball? Can I have yours instead?”

“Lucky for you, it’s right in your pocket!” the Trainer was trying to remain optimistic, though it was clear that Loki was grinding on his nerves.

“You’ll be fighting with – “

“Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard!” Loki piped up without a second thought. She had her brand new pokeball in her hands, examining it with greed in her eyes. She didn’t want to have to hear information she already knew. Besides, Loki knew what she was doing. She’d played Brawl for so many hours her Wii exploded. Clearly, this would be easy.

“Yeah…” Red was not amused. He looked back for a moment as he continued walking. “Anyways, the most important thing to know is that – “

“Skip tutorial!” Loki screeched in his ear, causing him to jump back. “I got this, I know what I’m doing, come on let’s go!” She ran to the opposite side of the stadium, jumping, assuming that she’d be training against Red himself.

The Trainer smirked confidently at this, more than aware that she could never win at this point. But he wasn’t about to say anything about it. If the little girl didn’t want to listen, she certainly didn’t have to now, did she? He called out Ivysaur as she mimicked his throw, calling for Charizard again. Though this time, the big orange monster actually materialized, the pokeball flashing with light as he did so.

“I did it!” This little feat was enough to make her jump for joy. The Charizard seemed to scowl. He was not feeling particularly compliant.

“Go, Charizard, go!”

He didn’t move.

“Charizard! Go! Ivysaur! Over there! Attack! Now now now!”

Still he ignored. The Charizard continued to deliberately ignore her orders as the Ivysaur advanced. It landed a few hits before Red called in Squirtle, flinging Loki’s Pokémon over the stadium.

“This is stupid! He won’t do anything! You gave me a bum Pokémon!”

“But I thought you knew what you were doing!” the Trainer snickered to himself.

Loki barred her teeth and clenched her fists, feeling like an enormous failure. How many Pokémon had she caught throughout the years? All of them. How many times had she beaten the Trainer during Brawl? More times than she could count. There was no way she was going to let this little jerk mock her like this. Loki would have to grin and bear his instruction if she was ever going to get the hang of this.

---

One month and a training montage later and Loki and the Trainer were facing off yet again. All three of the Pokémon obeyed her command, now that they trusted her abilities, now that she actually knew what she was doing. Flurries of rushing water, vines, and fire twisted about the stadium, flashing lights amplifying each and every hit. Loki’s eyes were wide, completely focused, her hands acting as if they were gripping a Wii controller instinctively. She barked her orders, as did Red, and finally….

“YES!” The Trainer’s Pokémon flung over the stadium, flying off, never to return. Loki did somersaults around the stadium, crying out with joy. She then ran over to Red, hoping in circles around him. His face twisted into a comical pout as she ran laps around him, yelling victory obscenities. Even though it was his job to train the girl, he was rather sore about the defeat.

Red was even more annoyed when he heard Wario's stupid laugh off in the distance, the little purple thing waddling over on his sausage legs. Loki looked down on the grinning idiot, a little perplexed. "I'm... not going to look like that, am I?"

Wario's giant maw opened wide as he let out another obnoxious laugh. Red couldn't help but snicker at Loki too, especially given his current defeat.

Lord Xarel
01-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Earl had been resting up after his match with Bowser and had just transformed back into his normal human form. He was relaxed now, but he had decided to keep a mental note on his Bowser form. He liked using the Bowser form a whole lot, and at this point was considering making it his main form, but he wasn't gonna finalize it until he had experience with the other two.

"Well, ya did good kid," said Bowser as he patted Earl on his back softly. Earl smiled at this as he turned around to see Toon Link and Mewtwo, both who were happy to see Earl was doing quite well so far. "Next up to train ya is Toon Link," said Bowser as he walked to the other two, standing by Mewtwo. Toon Link then walked to Earl and reached his hand out. "We're gonna be having a blast. Don't worry," said Toon Link with a smile. Earl shook his hand and turned to Mewtwo and Bowser, nodding.

"See you two later!" said Earl as he and Toon Link went to the other side of Final Destination. At this point, Mewtwo teleported him and Bowser out of the place so Earl could train.

"Okay! Lesson one: Sword Fighting," said Toon Link as he drew his sword and shield. At this point, Earl thought about being Toon Link, using his weapons, speed, and agility to confuse and defeat his enemies. Earl then felt himself shrinking and contorting. This transformation thing was gonna take a while to get use to, but at least it wasn't as painful as growing the shell Bowser had.

After a good minute, Earl looked like a carbon copy of Toon Link, shield and all, except Earl had a black tunic on. The tights he was wearing were a white-green color, and his boots were black as well.

"Sweetness," said Earl as he looked at his smaller form, taking out his Master Sword and shield from behind him. He tried a few swings, but became surprised at the weight the sword had. Plus, the shield was much heavier than expected as well...

"Heavy huh?" asked Toon Link. Earl just nodded his head and hung his arms down. "You'll get use to it, but there's something else you need to work on..."

With that, Toon Link suddenly rolled behind Earl and attempted to slash Earl's back, but Earl saw it coming and blocked it with his sword. Toon Link then jumped several feet back and let loose several arrows, two of which hit Earl, but the rest Earl dodged. Earl then put his Master Sword up and pulled out the boomerang, throwing it at Toon Link. Toon Link merely dodged it, took out a bomb, and threw it at Earl, who didn't see that coming. After the explosion, Earl was on the ground, breathing hard. All of the items Toon Link had... How did he move like that?

Unfortunately for Earl, his boomerang came back and hit him in the head, causing Earl to fall to the ground in pain.

"Ouch," said Toon Link as he sheathed his Master Sword and sat down next to Earl. Earl then sat up rubbing his head. "You telling me..."

Over the weeks, Earl had learned the tricks and had gotten use to the weight of the various items he was going to have to use. Plus, he had gotten use to holding up his sword and shield and was doing real well, but it quickly became apparent he preferred using his various projectiles over his sword and shield. In fact, one could say that was pretty much all he used when he and Toon Link had matches, but he did use the sword and shield when needed.

Finally, the final day of the month came, and Earl was ready. With him on one side of the stage and Toon Link on the other, they smiled and waited patiently for Master Hand's voice to appear.

"3. 2. 1. GO!"

With that, the two swordsmen dashed at each other, Toon Link with his sword ready, and Earl appearing to be ready to meet Toon Link's slash with his own. However, Earl suddenly reached into his pocket and took out the hookshot and released it. Earl smiled when he saw it struck true and brought Toon Link to him, who was surprised. Earl quickly took the Master Sword he had and used its hilt to hit Toon Link twice. He then rolled backwards twice and used his legs to throw Toon Link back, but to Toon Link's credit, he immediately got back up and notched an arrow, shooting it when he saw an opening in Earl's defense. Earl got back up when the arrow came close and simply stood in place as the arrow harmlessly bounced off of his shield. He then took out his boomerang and threw it, using it as an distraction so he could jump into the air and pulled out a bomb. Toon Link jumped into the air as well, dodging the boomerang as he jumped again, getting closer to Earl, but Earl was ready. Earl jumped up once again and threw his bomb down at Toon Link, who met it face first as he went crashing down. Earl then caught his boomerang and took out his bow, quickly firing an arrow, which Toon Link dodged. Earl then pulled out another bomb and came down, sword first. This hit Toon Link hard as Earl came down, sending Toon Link into the air. Earl then threw his bomb at Toon Link, who performed an expert air dodge as he came to the ground.

Right into Earl's fully charged forward smash attack, hitting Toon Link not once, but twice. Even though that last move did a ton of damage, Toon Link was still in the fight. Just then, the whole battlefield flashed, and the Smash Ball appeared. Toon Link, not thinking about Earl, immediately jumped to it, but suddenly felt Earl's boomerang hit him. Earl then jumped to the Smash Ball and performed a spin attack, breaking the Smash Ball...

To say that Toon Link was done was an understatement. Toon Link was absolutely destroyed by Earl's Triforce Slash, and when Earl started bringing the Master Sword around for his final slash, he smiled, knowing this form was going to be his main one. The attack connected, and Toon Link was outta there.

"The winner is... EARL!"

Kaiosuke
01-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Kaiosuke stood before Link and Marth eager to continue his training. He focused on Link, his next teacher, and began thinking about the tri-force of courage, the feeling of being a hero, a master of time. His heigth didn't change much but his clothing came to match Link's. His tunic, tights, and cap were black opposed to the green of Link's, and his eyes glowed a faint red. He had transformed into his favorite color costume when he played as Link.

Link walked over to Kaiosuke and slapped him on the shoulder. "Lookin' good man." He said cheerfully. "Let's get started."

Marth walked over to the edge of Hyrul castle to watch the training from afar. Kaiosuke drew his Master Sword and pulled out the Hyrulian Shield. "The sword is a bit heavier than I am used to, but I guess that is why I must train." He said admiring the Master Sword.

As the time passed Kaiosuke learned how to properly use the Master Sword, the Gale Boomerang, the Hero's Bow, and the bombs that came with the character Link. Learning Link's own little tricks and using some of his own he was ready for when the battle that would take place on the last day of the month came.

"3 2 1. GO!"

The battle started with both contenders race toward each other. Link swung his sword trying to catch Kaiosuke off guard but Kaiosuke expected it. He lept into the air over Link and came down sword first into Link's head. Link quickly came up off the ground with two quick slashes to both side which Kaiosuke rolled out of the way of. The fighting continued with each contender taking and giving hits to the other. Bombs and arrows were everywhere and there were more than a few aerial spin attacks catching each other midair. Finally, Link hit Kaiosuke with one spin slash that knocked him over the edge. "No I can't lose!" he cried out as he went over the edge.

Link stood a short way away from the edge with a look of disappointment on his face. Little did he know Kaiosuke had shot his hook-shot out and caught the edge with it and now hung just a few feet from it. He came up fast catching Link off guard and threw his Gale Boomerang. Link jumped just in time for the boomerang to miss which is just what Kaiosuke wanted. He immediately started charging his forward smash attack. Suddenly the boomerang began to return and caught Link bringing into Kaiosuke's smash attack. Two hits and Link was flying up past the K.O. barrier until he was but a twinkle like a star.

"THE WINNER IS! KAI!"

The Imposter
01-22-2011, 02:51 AM
As the second month of training began Evan found himself learning his mentor's special techniques. The first month had concluded with him getting use to the new bodies and adapting the change. Also achieving record times in Break the targets.

Evan stood beside Ike them both wielding their own versions of the Ragnell. Evan had come to terms with being pink versions of each of his respective Brawlers although he would definitely have it out with Crazy Hand when he saw him. Evan looked over at Ike and witnessed something incredible. In a moment energies surged out of Ragnell as Ike stabbed the earth causing a minor explosion.

'This is the basis of most of my special attacks. You need to learn to harness the magic of the Ragnell. Once you can do that Aether will become easy for you. I mean after all it's just the skills Sol and Luna combined.'

Ike chuckled to himself and performed it flawlessly. Evan took the opportunity to try out the magical abilities within the Ragnell. It took about a week before he got the hang of the Ragnell blade. Evan had just begun to found his niche being Ike and was practicing by himself one afternoon at the Fountain of Dreams. He was practicing his Quick Draw ability when from the sky something came speeding towards the fountain. It hit with a large splash that easily grabbed Evan's attention. He reverted back to his own visage and walked towards where the commotion happened.

In a blur something jumped from the pool and latched onto his head. He could feel the drool drip in his hair and down his face. He quickly pulled at the puff of pink and hurled it away.

'ACK! Kirby, I'm not a piece of candy. Flip I feel so gross right now. so I suppose you are going to teach me the properties of being you.'

Kirby smiled and gave a soft hiyai and for the next week and a half Evan learned Kirby's unique abilities of copying different properties of opponents and using the Hammer, and Cutter. Evan couldn't help but ponder on how unique Kirby was, how his body held the ability to copy opponents and absorb powers it was an incredible feeling to be in his shoes.

The final week was spent learned the different properties of Sonic's spins and to get a grip of unleashing the power of the smash ball. The different spins weren't hard to learn but to pull off masterfully would take a long time. Evan couldn't get over the feeling of being in these new bodies and learning these techniques. He had one more month of training to finish before the tournament would take place and he was going to bring the heat.

Wattz
01-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Normally Loki liked Wario. In fact, he was one of her favorite characters to play. He was a raging bully with a grin on his face, not unlike Loki. But there was something to the meeting of two obnoxious people, something terribly cataclysmic about the event that left the two quaking in the aftermath. Unfortunately for Loki, Wario was relatively unbothered by the encounter and he was much, much stronger than herself.

Plus he weighed a ton.

“Get off me you jerk!” Wario was sitting on Loki’s back, pinning her down cracking up with his stupid laugh. She had refused to transform into him and this was Wario’s idea of punishment.

“You no transform, you no fight!”

“You’re fat and you smell!”

“No transform, no fight!”

“I hate you!”

Wario only laughed harder.

“Can’t I just have laser beam vision instead?!”

Wario seemed perplex by this outlandish comment, but only shook his head. “No laser beam. Just Wario!”

“Ugh!” Loki couldn’t stand it anymore. It just wasn’t worth it. She mustered up her powers and transformed, the force of it flinging Wario off in a bright purple light with a yell. Loki now stood as a big stubby man with purple overalls and square chunky teeth. Instead of a hat, however, this “Wario” had Loki’s big poufy hair. One of the overall legs was ripped at the knee, showing a rainbow sock.

When Wario got up, he waddled back over and scratched his head. He had a revelation at the purple light and tapped his face. “Ooooh, purple laser beams?”

“What?” Loki said with a bratty huff. “No. No, just forget it. Stupid, stupid Wario, man I hate this it’s so dumb I wanna go be a Pokémon trainer instead stupid stupid –”

Wario tilted his head and shrugged, then gave up from a headache. To be fair, there really wasn’t anything for him to get, anyways.

“Wario best!” he proclaimed with fierce confidence. “No one fight like Wario! Strength most important!” With that, he picked Loki up by the legs and spun around. Her protests were not enough to keep her from flying over the stadium once he let go, and despite her attempts to jump back onto the stadium, she fell to her doom.

The entire month went kind of like this, with Loki learning to begrudgingly accept everything about Wario that she couldn’t stand. She never thought she could run into someone even more irritating than herself. Being shorter than her usual height, looking like a plumber on crack, constantly having to fart for the strongest attacks…. Generally all of the above. But withstanding his personality was an even worse endeavor. By the end of their training, Loki downright wanted to strangle the maniac.

Then she finally managed to massacre him in a one on one battle, and she rolled around on the ground in her round pudgy state.

“Yay oh my god, it’s over, it’s over, it’s finally over!” In a puff of smoke, she was back to normal, and she was more than grateful for it. She jumped up and poked Wario’s enormous nose over and over again. “In your face!”

Wario snarled, his bushy eyebrows furrowing dangerously. Thankfully Roy came over and placed a hand on his hat as if in warning. He snorted with anger then waddled away, leaving Loki with her final test. Good thing, too. Loki was getting more than a little homesick and tired of the obscure training sessions, especially since she had a slippery grasp on the whole of the situation. So far, this wasn’t turning out nearly as awesome and intense as she had originally thought it would.

Lord Xarel
01-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Earl had been just hanging around Final Destination in his Toon Link form, performing some sword swipes and trying to perfect his aim with the bow and arrows. He had also been thinking about trying a few things with his techniques. He had recently discovered that he could parry attacks like how Toon Link did in Wind Waker, and that he was also able to use the other items Toon Link had used. All Toon Earl had to do was replace either his bow, bombs, or boomerang with the item he wanted.

"I wonder what the Skull Hammer could do..." said Earl to no one in particular as he reverted back to his regular form. He then looked over his shoulder and saw his teachers, Mewtwo ahead of the other two.

"Sorry for the wait. Had to let Master Hand know your progress," said Mewtwo as he waved his hand through the air, teleporting Bowser and Toon Link away. Earl had been waiting for this since he won his match with Toon Link with great anticipation. After all, how often is it that someone gets the ability to turn into their favorite legendary Pokemon?

"So, are you ready?" asked Mewtwo with a cocky smile on his face. This kinda scared Earl a bit, but he nodded to Mewtwo and began thinking about being Mewtwo. Thinking about Mewtwo's psychic abilities and his knowledge.

It was then that Earl's clothes blended into him as he became taller and slimmer. He then grew a tall as his head contorted to Mewtwo's shape as some skin connected itself from the top of Earl's back to the back of his head. A bit longer, and Earl was a perfect copy of Mewtwo, except that he had black skin where Mewtwo's white and green where Mewtwo's was purple.

"Not bad. Not bad at all," said Mewtwo as he nodded aprovingly, while Earl had a look of great fear on his face. There were things talking to him from out of nowhere, and it was freaking him out.

"The voices?" asked Mewtwo as Earl nodded, clutching his head as to try and control the voices. "They'll stop once you control your new Psychc powers. I remember how it was when I was still young. Not fun." Earl agreed.

"So, lesson one: Controlling your thoughts. In order to do this, you must meditate. It helps calm the nerves and can help you with your newfound Psychic abilities."

With that, Mewtwo sat down in a lotus position, and as soon as he closed his eyes, started floating while a blue and purple aura surrounded him. Earl was kinda taken aback by this, expecting Mewtwo to be harsh. Earl sat down in the same way as Mewtwo and closed his eyes, but kept on thinking. Just then, Earl felt a rock hit him in the forehead. "What in the world?" asked Earl as he opened his eyes, only to be met with another rock. This time, he could see that Mewtwo was flinging them at Earl using his Psychic powers.

"What was that for?!" asked Earl as Mewtwo flung another rock at Earl, this time knocking Earl on his back. "You're thinking. Meditating requires you to have a calm mind empty of thoughts. Once you stop thinking, the voices will eventually calm as well," said Mewtwo in a slightly annoyed tone. Earl then sat up and looked at Mewtwo with angry eyes.

"YOU READ MY MIND?!" shouted Earl, angry with Mewtwo. Earl felt like he was violated at this, but Mewtwo was simply laughing as he watched Earl. "Yes, I did, and I am doing it right now. I didn't know you felt that way about Zel-"

"SHUT UP!" shouted Earl as shadow energy surrounded his hands and his eyes became blood red, causing Mewtwo to back up. "Wha- What?" was all Mewtwo said as three Shadow Balls formed around Earl and fired at Mewtwo. Mewtwo just teleported behind Earl and used Disable, causing Earl to simply fall to the ground.

"Amazing... To use negative emotion like that... Master Hand and Crazy Hand need to be informed, but only when I am done training him."

Moments later, Earl awoke, not remembering anything. Mewtwo decided it would be best not to remind Earl and simply continue with training. Surprisingly, Earl learned how to control his Psychic powers in the course of two weeks, and he was getting really good at using all of his new moves as Mewtwo, except Shadow Ball. Now, Shadow Ball is a move that feeds off of negative emotions, but Earl isn't much for negative emotions. After several failed attempts at mastering it, Mewtwo decided it wouldn't work for Earl.

The month went by quickly, and the final day was at hand. Earl and Mewtwo were in their respective spots as the waited...

"3. 2. 1. GO!"

At that's when the imaginary gun fired into the air as Earl and Mewtwo met each in the center, going blow to blow and teleporting everywhere. Neither could gain any ground on the other, and it lasted for a while like this, until Mewtwo hit Earl in the face with a fully charged Shadow Ball, causing Earl to be flung halfway across the stage, but it didn't stop there. Oh no. Mewtwo then teleported behind Earl and hit him with Disable. At this point, Mewtwo started charging his forward Smash, ready to end the battle, or so he thought. Right when he was done and was about to unleash the attack, Earl came to and teleported behind Mewtwo. He then grabbed Mewtwo an flung him up into the air. Earl then followed and hit Mewtwo with an electric fist, sending Mewtwo a good bit off. At this Earl simply dropped to the ground and dashed to where Mewtwo was gonna land...

Only to be punished by another fully charged Shadow Ball from Mewtwo, sending Earl very close to the KO barrier, but Earl didn't hit it as he used his telekinetic powers to jump and teleported back to the stage. It was then that the familiar flash happened, and the Smash Ball appeared. Mewtwo went after it, but imagine his surprise when Earl appeared in front of him and slammed Mewtwo to the ground with his tail. Earl then covered himself in electricity as he hit the Smash Ball, effectively breaking it.

When Earl landed, Mewtwo appeared behind him and grabbed him. Mewtwo then started attacking Earl with Psychic energy as he swung Earl behind him, close to the KO barrier again. Earl had started coming back when Mewtwo unleashed another Shadow Ball, ready to end the fight.

The resulting explosion of shadow energy left Mewtwo confused, until he saw Earl in front of him. Earl was pissed now, and his eyes were to the blood red color that Mewtwo feared, but it was too late. Earl unleashed a fully charged Shadow Ball and hit Mewtwo square on the face. He then unleashed his Final Smash...

Earl flew into the air and became surrounded in a blue like sphere. Then he started firing blue lightning bolts of Psychic energy in every direction, including the one Mewtwo was in, causing Mewtwo to be sent past the KO barrier...

"And the winner is... EARL!" was all it took to snap Earl out of his angry state as he fell to his knees... The training was finally over...

And that was when all of Earl's teachers surrounded him and applaud him, but Mewtwo was worried. Earl's anger and only his anger was what led him to win the match. The bigger question now was what to do...

Deciding to just watch and wait, Mewtwo himself applauded Earl.

Wattz
01-27-2011, 03:58 AM
In a flash of light, Loki had turned into a blonde-haired Roy, which was surprising to her given her first transformation into a Pokémon trainer. Her shoulder armor was split blue and white, and was more than a little difficult to move in. The white cape trailing behind her knocked her off balance, and the moment she tried to take the sword from her sheathe she fell over and dropped it.

Loki had always hated taking orders from everyone and everybody. In school, she mocked her teachers. Her parents rarely ever ordered her to lift a finger. She was active, but not productive, and where she came from, her flashing grin acted as a repellant. The Pokémon trainer, she could put up with given what she had to prove. Wario, she just had to endure taking orders from him or the training would never have ended. But Roy?

Well Roy was just… too damn patient.

He helped her up when she had fallen down. “You’ll get used to it, don’t worry.”

It was just too confusing. The month continued on like this. Loki constantly tested this patience, and though he cracked with irritation on occasion, he never uttered a word of it. He adamantly ignored her protests and kept her on track, and as a result she seemed to learn the most from him.

---

Finally, her last day of training.

It was a fierce battle, and though Roy was all too familiar with the ways of battle, Loki managed to hold up well against him. It was her fiercest battle yet, and the most difficult to overcome. But finally she managed to land Roy right into a charged attack. As she flung the glittering sword forward, he fell back in a blast, flinging over the stadium and off into the distance.

At long last, the final month of training was over. Loki did somersaults around the stadium in hysterics. As Roy manifested once again on solid ground, a little dazed by the defeat, but seemingly proud nonetheless.

“You’ve done well!” he said with a smile and an approving nod. But Loki was dying with excitement, turning back into her old self in a flash of light. She hoped that she could spend at least a bit more time in this state before she had to do anymore transforming.

The Imposter
02-02-2011, 06:56 PM
The culmination of his three months of training were now just coming to fruition. He had spent the last weeks of his training trying to perfect his ability to fashion himself as three of the legendary cast of brawlers. He had began to learn the sort of guidelines that had been set in place also. Most of this was simple stuff, realizing his own body hadn't gained and inherent abilities from the brawlers and that he cannot assume the same character consistently but rather that it almost needed to recharge after use. Through the learning of the special techniques and the latent techniques used by the originals themselves Evan had begun to adapt and create his own fighting styles with each persona as he had come to term them.

And now here was Evan standing in front of his three tutors, the ones that had taught them everything they knew about themselves. Sweat trickled down his brow as he watched them ready themselves for battle. This was going to be the ultimate test of what he had learned the last three months. To engage in battle against them in battle. He was anxious but appeared quite calm as he stood before them. He was confidently but not overly so. He settled on his decision as to which persona to undertake and began the transformation. After so many transformations he had gotten quite use to them despite the bone shifting and body bending.

In a moment he stood before the three in a much shorter stature in his rounded pink form. He winked and smiled as his cheeks puffed out copying much of Kirby's attitude which he had learned over the three months. As the all took their respective places in the Fountain of Dreams he awaited the finally countdown. The originals had decided upon a stamina match and in an instant the countdown had begun ...3...2...1....GO!

Without hesitation Ike, Kirby, and Sonic charged towards their student. Sonic was the first to get to him and unleashed a dash attack however Evan dodged and grabbed flinging Sonic to the ground and the stepping repeatedly on him. As Sonic bounced against the ground Evan followed him in the air and kicked him forward creating distance as the other two encroached in his defense Evan pulled out his hammer and swung it around as he came back towards the ground knocking both Kirby and Ike back. The grueling battle continued as blows we exchanged. Evan showing his mastery over the just guard and his free form aerial style (Which constituted mostly with kicks and hammer swings.)

His soft pink body breathed heavily in the surreal landscape. He had managed to knockout Sonic and Kirby in one fell rock drop but he was only hanging one by a thread. Ike closed in the gap he had created after smashing Evan back with his Ragnell. Almost prophetically Evan analyzed what would happen with Ike baiting him to attack on it to be a feint to bait him into his counter technique. As Ike jabbed forward Evan rolled back and as he bounced back towards an upright position he saw Ike charge towards him. It was then Evan began to inhale which Ike's counter proved ineffective against. Evan absorbed Ike's powers and rolled back just dodging a retaliatory strike and grabbed Ike. Ike's eyes widened as Evan's small pink arms grasped him and shot up into the air bringing him into the ground in a rather monstrous suplex maneuver.

As the dust cleared Evan stood panting larges drops of sweat formed around his body. His eyes half shut in exhaustion, nonetheless though he stood and his tutors had all been knocked out. Evan had endured his final test. The voice cried out throughout the arena stating the victor but Evan could hardly care he fell back his body restoring itself to its normal shape and he landed against the ground looking into the sky, his eyes slowly began to shut and he fell asleep from the fatigue

Three figures loomed over him as he rested. They all showed signs of slight disappointment but also pride. One commented on how well their pupil had turned out over the last three months. 'Too bad he'll be all pink during the tournament. That will definitely be embarrassing for him.'