PDA

View Full Version : The League of Villains Interest Check

Yggdrasil_Hugger
05-13-2021, 01:44 PM
You are a villain. Not just a villain, but a supervillain. You have the powers, the style, the presentation! Whether magic or mutant, alien or irradiated, or just a run of the mill mad scientist or genius inventor, you have been granted abilities far beyond the normal human capacity. And you have decided to use them for evil. You have terrorized New Gatlin City for years, causing chaos and spreading anarchy. That is, until the Champions defeated you (probably in public) and put you in The Vault. The Vault is a massive prison for supervillains, the most heavily guarded facility in the world. Each prisoner is fitted with a large collar with GPS tracker, shocker, and power negater. So naturally, you are going to escape.

Corrik55
05-14-2021, 02:53 PM
Greetings. I do not know if you have a specific story or characters in mind, but there is a superpower RP recently started here (https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96285) that has plenty of room for super powered people on either side of society. Is the League of Villains based on a preexisting canon like DC or Marvel, or an original R world?

Yggdrasil_Hugger
05-14-2021, 03:01 PM
Original, but superheroes are so beat into the ground in media you’d be hard-pressed to not make a character that somebody could connect to a pre-existing one

Corrik55
05-14-2021, 05:51 PM
It is doubtful that anyone writing for fun here is seeking the holy grail of originality. But I am interested in a story line that would focus on villains. So long as it could make room for characters who were like real world villains, as in people who believe in their cause just like heroes, except their cause brings terrible results for others.

Yggdrasil_Hugger
05-14-2021, 06:25 PM
Definitely. Poison Ivy is like that, and she’s one of my favorite comic villains.

Corrik55
05-14-2021, 07:16 PM
Aye, it would be fun to take some of the villains from my RP that are not active in it and give them a go at there own story without being a support for a heroes story.

Lady Celeste
05-14-2021, 07:18 PM
I may or may not be able to join, but this has definitely caught my interest.

Having said that, I second Corrik in asking if you have any particular storyline(s) in mind outside of the escape itself, or will the escape be the sole focus of the plot? Will the villains all work together, or each try to escape in their own way? Do they have any specific plan(s) after escaping (revenge, retirement, some other grand scheme, etc.) or is it simply back to their usual mayhem? And so on and so forth.

This interest check reminds me of a CYOA game called “Diabolical” that I played quite some time ago, in which the world is full of various villains and villain organizations all trying to constantly one-up and show off to each other on an all-villain social media network called Darkspace, while the few heroes out there are barely enough to so much as put a dent in it all. That’s different from the idea you had in mind, but I thought it worth sharing, and I just might draw some inspiration from that if I can join this.

Yggdrasil_Hugger
05-14-2021, 07:22 PM
There is a plot for after your escape, but I’m not sure if I want to spoil it, y’know? You’re meant to work together, while assisted by a mysterious benefactor.

Enigma
05-15-2021, 03:50 AM
Sounds like fun, I'm interested.

Yggdrasil_Hugger
05-15-2021, 03:58 AM
I knew I could count on you, Enigma! In that case, I’ll start on an OOC. Sound good?

Enigma
05-15-2021, 01:58 PM
Yup. Must admit, my copy of "How to be a Villain: Evil laughs, Secret Lairs, Master Plans and More!!!*" is falling apart. Still, it should prove useful... or else.

*Multiple exclamation points are always signs of a deranged mind.