PDA

View Full Version : Post-Apoc/Distopia City Concept

Enigma
03-10-2022, 06:16 AM
This is the city.

This is not the city of your time.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a6/3a/e7/a63ae743a92cfdfa3b3ce69d35431dc9.jpg

Humanity has had to retreat underground, covering everything with a dome in an attempt to keep comfortable.

The highest towers are where the 1% live - the wealthy members of our society. Most of them travel from rooftop to rooftop and may never visit the lower levels. Some of those towers are vertical farms, supplying the neighborhood around them with naturally grown food.

Those who aren't quite as wealthy still have some choice in where they live, often in midsize buildings with roof gardens.

And then there's the floor level, where the poorest live, scratching out a meager living while trying their best to avoid gangs.

But the city doesn't stop there. Below the floor are the factories, the geothermal generators, the wells, the railroads, sewage treatment, all sorts of dirty work the 1% isn't interested in but depend upon.

You live on the Floor, looked down by everybody. All you want to do is to rebel - or escape, before the city crumbles down around you.

Yggdrasil_Hugger
03-10-2022, 01:06 PM
Nice, you can count me in. I’m envisioning an enforcer for one gang or another, or perhaps a member of the Don’s family proper.

Macie Lightfoot
03-12-2022, 08:22 PM
It does have a unique charm to it. Maybe i'll be in on that. As a part of the 1%. IF it's okay.

Enigma
03-12-2022, 11:13 PM
Two possible players, will there be three?