PDA

View Full Version : The Block-A New Take on a Zombie RP [M]

Damonique
12-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Rated M For Whatever People Feel Like Doing.

On November 16, 2010, Tritech Biological Research Labs released to the international public a gene therapy proven to slow and even prevent the onset of Cancer in the human Genome. The therapy was used constantly worldwide for six month's.

Noone expected that the cancer-immune cells created by the treatment would mutate themselves. After an average of 5-9 Months after the therapy, cells in the brain stem and grey cerebral cortex of the brain would begin to shut down, causing organ failure and death. Millions of people died. The therapy was ceased immediately, and an international lawsuit was filed. The company Tritech didn't last six weeks. It was believed the damage was done.

Ten to twelve weeks after death, After the primary onset of Necrosis, the dormant brain cells "Awoke" so to speak. Organs began working again. Though many bodies had been buried, a larger number were still in Morgues for use as evidence against Tritech and for references to the affects to the therapy.

The dead became alive, the minds reconfigured with the sole instinct to distribute a powerful agent secreted from the salivary gland through biting. Those that were bitten came back the same, but in a much shorter time frame as the cells mutated. It was, As In the Movies, a plague of the walking, rotting dead. People don't like the word zombie, but thats what they are, functionally. Most people in Michigan call the Zed's.

Grand Rapids, Michigan. Most people tried to get the hell out of the area, for one reason and one reason only. Canada had Socialized Medicine. Almost a third of population of the Great White North had gotten the therapy. Lots of people died in Riots and Looting sprees. The rest became Zeds.

Residents of a former projects turned mid-range hotel commonly called "The Block" barricaded the place up and dug in, letting people in one or two at a time. Doors were barricaded and locked, and for the three whole weeks, the door didn't open. That was during the time the Army was finally trying to slow the infection. After that, the city was abandoned to the zeds and whoever was unlucky enough to still be stuck there.

You live in The Block. Either you lived here originally or you were let in at some point, which would be the only reason your still alive. Everything in The Block is handled communally. Food, Water, Ammunition, Medicine. Everything's distributed based on Need. Polotics and decisions are made at bi forums in the central courtyard.

So far, things have gone relatively well, but lately, there have been issues. Theres still enough food to sustain another three month's, but the Zed's are getting smart, or desperate and have been tearing at the barricades like crazy. These issues are causing internal tension in The Block. Some people want to leave, some want to stay, others think its all a waste of time and expect to die sooner or later anyway.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:

Those are the only things that are important, but please add whatever info you feel like sharing. Everything else can be expressed in the RP.

TheBaron
12-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Character Bio Here

Name:
James
Appearance:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9Zf_P9g6cuo/SMVMqZaBNQI/AAAAAAAABWA/_HJuqzFyiSw/s400/emo-boy.jpg
Background Pre-Apocalypse:
James was always a quite, but active kid. He wasn't the toughest kid on the block but he definitely wasn't the weakest. He could hold his own in a fight but was nothing special. His main forte was anything artistic. He played any instrument he could get his hands on and drew on anything that he was allowed to and anyone who wanted him to. He became a tattoo artist when he turned 18.

soullesshuman
12-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Oooh~ Do want. I'll make a profile in abit.

Red Rum
12-22-2010, 02:54 AM
I do believe I'd like to hop on this apocalyptic bandwagon. I wonder if that fact that it's almost always a cure for cancer that turns out to be what turns folks into zombies a sign that we should stop trying to cure cancer.

Name: Alex
Appearance: Tall, skinny, black hair, color shifting eyes (yes, that is reality if you don't know) jeans, tee-shirt
Background Pre-Apocalypse: He'd been going to school to learn to be a civil engineer.

Damonique
12-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Yeah, the Color Changing eyes are Called Hazel.

I know because I have them. Whether they appear as blue or green depends on wheather the pupils are Dilated(Allowing more refraction through blood vessels) or not(which results in greener eyes because the light does not refract as blood vessels are too thick behind the Pupil.

Red Rum
12-22-2010, 04:20 AM
Ok, so that's more common than I thought. Cool, I thought it was just another weird thing about me....I just used to get comments on it a lot...and I don't pay much attention to others eyes...That background good? I was gonna substantiate it a bit with the flash backs. Oh, and should I mention my associated NPC now or just bring her in when I start?

Damonique
12-22-2010, 04:47 AM
You can do all of that in the RP itself, if you want, or you can discuss them here in the OOC. Not a lot is required in my OOC's, because I believe that the characters only really come alive in the RP itself. That, and this RP has NO pre-planned plot. I'll be winging it the whole way.

Anyone can ask Vambaron what its like when I do that.

Red Rum
12-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Okie doke, I just wanted to make sure what I was doing was ok.

Damonique
12-22-2010, 05:19 AM
Yeah, your doing fine, and welcome to the forum. If you need any help with anything, just PM me.

Red Rum
12-22-2010, 05:30 AM
*Shakes head* I'm good on help, Charvi brought me over from another RP site so I know what I'm doing....the ones I keep joining die really quick though here...it's kinda weird....

Damonique
12-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Yeah, for every good RP, there are five that fail, I'm afraid. Too bad on your luck so far, I hope that this will be the good one!

TheBaron
12-22-2010, 05:33 AM
Damon is a crazy person

Sir Manguydude
12-22-2010, 05:35 AM
CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Cpl. Alexandria(Alex for short) Grace Fischer
Appearance: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/123/6/2/soldier_by_molybdenumgp03.jpg
Her hair is brown, and she has deep blue eyes. Skin color is white. Her weapons of choice are the TDI Vector(With an ACOG Scope) and the FN Herstal FNP .357 SIG.
Background Pre-Apocalypse: Before the Apocolypse, Alex was a corporal in the United States Army. She went AWOL as soon as the outbreak had occured. Her parents had been using preventive gene therapy, and had died from it. She made it her goal to return home and make sure that they were actually resting in peace. No one actually knew they had died though, so they were still locked in their home when their daughter came home. She hesitated, but a young man quickly stepped in and finished the job for her, saving her life from her own cannibalistic parents. He guided her to The Block.

Damonique
12-22-2010, 05:39 AM
I think we have our Security Chief!

TheBaron
12-22-2010, 05:42 AM
Updated meh bio btw

Damonique
12-22-2010, 05:47 AM
You do realize these two 19 year olds are going to recieve ZERO respect, right? This is post apocalypse. Don't expect to have much of a say in what goes on at the Forums, because while everyone is allowed the stage, thats only if they don't get shouted off of it.

TheBaron
12-22-2010, 05:50 AM
thats fine

Damonique
12-22-2010, 05:51 AM
Heh. *Starts Drawing out diabolical possibility outlines.*

TheBaron
12-22-2010, 05:52 AM
I am gunna slap you

Damonique
12-22-2010, 05:56 AM
....Lulz.

TheBaron
12-22-2010, 06:04 AM
just saying >.>

PantsTheReaper
12-22-2010, 06:19 AM
My turn.

Name: Jack McWarren

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs9/i/2006/144/8/9/Geek_by_Athena_chan.jpg
(I wish I could draw my own pictures.)

Background Pre-Apocalypse: Jack is a private practice doctor. Before the outbreak, he lived in Bay City, Michigan, and had to fight his way to Grand Rapids, seeking family. They were long dead. After that, Jack hid and survived, eventually finding himself at the Block.

Damonique
12-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Your a doctor....I wonder what your primary job is going to be.....Oh, you'll be the one to rig the explosives...No, No, No, you'll be the one who loads and unloads heavy packages all day...or maybe the electrician?

....Your going to be a doctor, obviously.

Dr. Dream
12-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Name: Joshawa Schultz (Josh)
Appearance:http://www.deviantart.com/download/133256487/Nathan_Drake_by_lubyelfears.jpg
Background Pre-Apocalypse: Life was pretty grim for Josh before the outbreak, he had just quit his job because of something that happened when he was on patrol. Josh hasn't talked about what happened with anyone. After Josh quite his job he remained in his house for two weeks straight, after those two weeks reports of an outbreak were all around and Joshawa headed to the Block, ever since he has stayed there.
-----------

I am going to give the RP a go, sounds like it could be pretty fun.

PantsTheReaper
12-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Your a doctor....I wonder what your primary job is going to be.....Oh, you'll be the one to rig the explosives...No, No, No, you'll be the one who loads and unloads heavy packages all day...or maybe the electrician?

....Your going to be a doctor, obviously.

And here I was with my heart set on plumber. You've horribly destroyed my dreams.

Damonique
12-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Sorry Kamikaze, you'll just have to make do with what you got then.

Yo, Gro-Grahz, long time no see. Your accepted, though I should let you know that the pic in your bio isn't working.

<-Jansen

Dr. Dream
12-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Sorry Kamikaze, you'll just have to make do with what you got then.

Yo, Gro-Grahz, long time no see. Your accepted, though I should let you know that the pic in your bio isn't working.

<-Jansen
Is the new pic better?

Damonique
12-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Yep. I'm going to sleep now. I'll be getting up an IC either tomarrow or the day after, I promise. Until then you guys can discuss your characters backgrounds amongst yourselves.

G
12-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Ooh, me too!

Name:Luna Moonshadow Wood. (Lunacy for long)
http://attachments.conceptart.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=702930&d=1245472622
Background Pre-Apocalypse: Given the nickname Lunacy after her exhuberant, sometimes bordering on mentally unstable personality, it might surprise you to know that Luna worked as a chef. The self-defense classes her parents had forced her into as a 'vulnerable, defenseless young female,' (yes, they were those kind of parents) came in more useful than she'd ever expected when her boss tried to tear out her throat with his teeth one night. Especially as her teacher had turned out to be a psycopath who predicted murder attempts around every corner, and the 'self-defense' he taught was more 'kill them before they kill you' training. It helps to be a little crazy when you're forced to behead your once friendly manager with a kitchen knife. She spent a little while on the run from the Zed, sleeping little and escaping death one too many times too closely, until she came apon the block. She joined the then small group of people, and it helped her case in being accepted that they were getting tired of eating crappy meals. She is good at making something tasty from almost nothing, and a full, content stomach makes zombie-hunting just that little bit less of a chore.

soullesshuman
12-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Name:
Matthias
Appearance:
Hi there. (http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/kyokisawa/Roleplay%20characters/holy.jpg?t=1293021707)
Background Pre-Apocalypse:
Matthias was a pretty swell guy before the outbreak. He chilled with friends, had fun with them, played games and pulled pranks, the usual thing. Of course, he dud other things as well. A street fighter, he earned some extra income doing a few illegal things here and there. Delivering drugs, selling drugs, mugging and stealing...

Well, that was all good until people started dying. At that point he was long gone, ran away from home and all that. He came across the block sometime later, and was allowed in as he explained his skills. For one, he knew how to fight, and how to run. For another, he knew all the best places to grab some food and come back. Knowing the city like the back of your hand has its perks.

Damonique
12-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Accepted, Accepted. I think thats It for the characters, though I might let a few more in later. I'll be working on the IC and I hope to have it up tomorrow.

Red Rum
12-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Woo!! Lookin' forward to it.

TheBaron
12-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Same

soullesshuman
12-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Sorry Matthias's profile is short and sucky, I did it quickly.

Gunnison
12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Are you still accepting sheets?

Damonique
12-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Maybe one more, but this is me first time being the Actual GM of an RP, so I don't want too many. Not to say I don't have experience, I've had to sub in for the real GM in other RP's before.

Sir Manguydude
12-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Fast moving Zombies, or slow moving?

Damonique
12-22-2010, 11:30 PM
It depends. Before necrosis sets on, after they have first turned, they can run. After about three weeks they begin to slow and necrotize.

TheDashingRogue
12-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Ah bugger, well if someone does drop out (although I hope that no one would) can you let me know? This sounds like a much more controlled take on the Zombie genre, I'll be reading it for sure :)

Damonique
12-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Hm, I know your a pretty good RP'er, TDR, so I'll let you join. Post up a sheet!

TheBaron
12-23-2010, 05:12 AM
When will the IC be up

Red Rum
12-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Well, she said either today or tomorrow, so I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say tomorrow.

TheDashingRogue
12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh no, I know Gunnison's interested in joining and he asked first - so it's only fair I hold back. I'd hate it if someone ninja'd me with a character sheet :)

Gunnison
12-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Right, here we go, hope this is okay

Name: Frank Derbin
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/T-Gallery/Frank.png Age: 48
Background Pre-Apocalypse: Before Z-day, Frank had run the family’s small auto-mechanic workshop in the projects of Great Rapids, taking over from his father after he passed away. Business had never really boomed in the projects but there was enough to support both himself and his wife, Clara, for the past 25 years. Life in the projects was not always easy for the couple, but together they had lived a happy, if not uneventful life. Z-day was, of course, to change all this. The couple made their best attempt to leave the city before things got too bad, however in the initial panic and confusion, plans quickly went awry and Frank became separated from Clara by the tides of panic stricken people. Frank made a frantic search for his wife, but to no avail. In a city of this size and with the scale of the infection, there was little hope that Clara had survived. His search had led him to seek The Block, in hope that his wife would be there, safe and waiting for him. However, his hope had been short-lived as Clara was not to be found. With this, Frank decided that his search was over; giving up hope that he would meet his wife again. He was granted entrance to The Block and has lived there ever since, making use of his skills to help with the general maintenance of The Block.

Damonique
12-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Accepted. I'm sorry to say that I probably won't be able to get the IC up until after christmas. Hope you all will forgive me for it.

TheBaron
12-23-2010, 08:03 PM
It is all fine

Gunnison
12-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks Diamonique!

TheBaron
12-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Yay for excitement

Red Rum
01-03-2011, 04:48 PM
....I didn't miss this starting did I?

TheBaron
01-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Nope

Charlisse
01-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm interested in joining this rp. If there is still space and if rp has not yet started.

TheBaron
01-03-2011, 05:44 PM
It has not started

Damonique
01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Theres still space. I've been busy lately, which is why the IC still isn't up. Give me a sheet and I'll consider it.

TheBaron
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
I want to start this lol

Damonique
01-04-2011, 04:24 AM
I do too, but order of priority goes Passing School>RP's I'm Already In>RP's that Haven't started yet.

Red Rum
01-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Aww man.....alright, fine....I guess I can wait a bit longer for this to start.

TheBaron
01-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Damn don't forget about the homestead then lol

Merry
01-26-2011, 01:26 AM
This game is being closed and recycled, until which time you wish it to be reinstated.
Please contact a moderator to help you. Thank you!