The Gypsy Queen - Bella
Shani - Kimmie
pooky - Brianna
** FacetiousFolly - Cocoa
Govannon - Erebus
nonangelic92 - Sarah

** - Hasn't yet posted.

Maikuolan's Characters:
('Cause I'll be bringing more than one in.)
(In order of appearance.)
Inmate X
Doctor Ju
Colonel Kuai
* Inmate XIII
* Sonyeo
* Isomer

* - Hasn't yet appeared.

If unsure if this list is up-to-date, compare 'Last Edited' information for this post with the information available in the OOC thread. This post should be the only OOC post in this thread; all other OOC posts should be posted in the OOC thread. Conversely, all IC posts should be posted here.

Maikuolan
11-03-2009, 02:52 AM
He felt sore and cold as he lay on his back against the low-lying polished steel bench he called his bed in the lonely and isolated cell he resided in, but dared not call his home. Blinking his eyes lazily, he awoke from his sleep – the lights were low and he could see very little of his surroundings, though, his surroundings hadn't changed for the better part of a week, so it didn't matter too much; in the background, the low electrical humming of the dulled fluorescents of his cells could be heard, and though it was one of those sounds most people would wish to be rid of while sleeping, he had grown used to it in his time there.

He stood up and stretched. He knew not who held him nor why they kept him there, but he knew to cooperate with their games. His cell was larger than what one would expect – two unseparated rooms joined as one, one of the, a 3x4 with a polished steel bench of either side, the other, a 3x6 with a large steel dining table in the center and a double-sided window for one of its walls; there were two doors that exited his cell, both, military-grade blast doors, neither, he had seen ever opened; presumably, his keepers entered and exited during his sleep or by some other means.

He looked at the table – fresh food. Lasagna and wine, neatly laid out on the table as if he were dining at a five star restaurant. For reasons he did not know, though his keepers were strict in many ways, they almost always gave him whatever he asked for when it came to food.

He sat down at the table, eying up his meal. Before he had a chance to get started, the overhead speaker, hidden somewhere in the corner of his cell, burst out.

« Good morning, inmate X. I see that you're finally awake. »

They, his keepers, referred to him as inmate X. He did not particularly approve of this; however, not being able to remember his real name, he was in no position to suggest alternatives.

He looked with dull contempt towards the ceiling in expectation of further words from his keepers; for them to communicate a simple good morning and not follow with further words was not a familiar occurrence. A few short moments passed.

« What are you waiting for? We go to the trouble of preparing nice food for you, and you don't eat it? We haven't poisoned it, if that's what you're worried about. »

That thought hadn't even crossed his mind. However, bringing it up, did make him somewhat suspicious. He eyed up his food again, contemplating the possibility. A few more moments passed.

« Questioning continues in two hours. Be awake. »

Ofcourse. They always had a reason to communicate. He began his meal, not responding with a single word to his keepers.

GraftRaven
11-03-2009, 12:15 PM
A small buzzing noise, and then Ahriman spoke. "Ooh, more questioning. What do they want from you? You can't even remember your own name, they must think you've done something..." Ahriman trailed off, leaving the 'something' open to interpretation.

Lacey
11-03-2009, 03:09 PM
"Be nice, Ahriman!" Caramel scolded, then her voice turning sweet, "How about we play a game before they come? It'll keep you awake so they don't yell at you."

Maikuolan
11-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Forking a mouthful of pasta sheet and bolognaise sauce down his pallet, Inmate X paused briefly as he heard Ahriman's words. He nodded in agreement, in such a way that, so far as his keepers were concerned, rather than the voice that they could not hear, he would be most likely nodding in agreement to the standards of his meal.

Knowing that, so far as he could tell, he was being constantly watched, he generally opted to respond in thought rather than word. I do not know. They keep going over the same questions, again and again, and I keep giving them the same answers; yet, they are never satisfied. No matter what I tell them, they continue asking questions, and if I tell them nothing, they just talk. When they just talk, their words are worse than their questions. I do not understand them and I do not know what they want.

Taking a sip of his wine, he stared blankly through the wall that was the false mirror that his keepers presumably observed him through. Savignon Blanc. Not bad.

Hearing the familiarity of Caramel's voice, he smiled, taking another sip of his wine as he thought of his responce. Thanks. And I'm always up for a game, my friend.

Mary Sue
11-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Chime sighed. The sound was like windchimes tinkling in a light breeze on a summer day.
"I don't think a game is such a bad idea. Maybe not appropriate given our constant state of survalence, but not a bad idea to say the least."
Gently, the pure melody of her voce faded as she lapsed into silence. X was always being watched. It meant he had to be careful how he acted. It certaintly wouldn't be good for him to start spouting off nonsense by mistake.

GraftRaven
11-03-2009, 11:07 PM
"Caramel, you know i don't really do nice..." an insectiod clicking sounded quietly, trailing off with the sound of a cricket. "This game might be fun, what did you have in mind?"

The Imposter
11-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Her voice was soft at first a distant drip as the others chattered about a game, but in a gentle constant it moved closer to the forefront of thought. With slight discomfort she continued.

" I dislike it when you drink, I feel ever so slightly suppressed when you do. Would you look at that handsome, they gave you some fancy utensils. You are the capable sort, maybe you should sneak the knife for yourself. I can think of many games to play darling most of which aren't for spectators though. Maybe the want to participate? You should ask them. Just wander over and invite them in. They might even be getting sick of being peeping toms. Mhhhhmmmm, I really don't care what we do. It's not like we will be leaving anytime soon."

Maikuolan
11-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Gazing around the table and the floor beneath it, Inmate X quickly realised that his keepers, though kind enough to offer wine, did not leave the bottle. Inmate X gave a sly grin; suggestive of gentle laughter, but absent of sound. I wouldn't be too worried about that.. they'll want me lucid for their questions; they haven't left the bottle this time, and there's no way I could possibly get drunk from one glass, atleast, not from this sort..

He stared hard at his utensils for a moment or two; a fork, and his knife, a rather sharp looking steak knife, both, stainless steel. Not, yet.. but, might be useful for later.. I'm not too sure how well I could hide it though.

With the absence of distractions and any other possible interests at hand, Inmate X remained focused on his company and his meal. So, what about this game?

Security of Mem
11-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Xenophon whispered through the dark chasms. The other voices were beginning to get big headed games and ideas. You heard the slight whispering sigh of Xenophon.
"Have you taken into consideration all of the stops," Xenophon said, "Think before you play because if you play without a strategy you will surely lose. I'm more concerned about the well being of everyone then to make snappy judgments."
The windy whisper seemed to die down from that. Leaving words to sit in the dark chasm of that world.

GraftRaven
11-05-2009, 12:44 AM
"You would be. Besides... it depends on how well we play the game, in this case we may only have one life..." Ahriman was being annoying on purpose, for he thrive on argument ans stupid decisions. "... however, since we only get one chance, do try to get everything right."

Lacey
11-05-2009, 03:14 AM
"Or we could just play Simon Says," Caramel said in a voice that wasn't unlike gumdrops. All of this talk was confusing her. "That's a fun game, isn't it?"

Maikuolan
11-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Inmate X listened carefully, a multitude of thoughts running through his mind, though not with particular coherence. Continuing his meal, the soft yet distinct sound of a turbine powering up could be heard from somewhere in the distance; the fluorescents flickered slightly for a moment. He looked around his cell; aside from the two steel benches, the lights, the table, his meal, his drink, his utensils and himself, his cell was quite literally devoid of content. Heh.. Simon Says..? I'm not too sure exactly how that would work at the moment..

The Gypsy Queen
11-05-2009, 06:04 PM
With a hum like a sweet alto saxophone, Bella expressed her annoyance. Without any outside stimulus, she was endlessly bored.

" This is dull, darling. Eat and drink and then sleep." she crooned impatiently. " At least the wine gives us some pleasure."

Shani
11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
"I agree with you we should be doing something fun, though." Refering to the wine, "Its better than nothing, Bella. Rotten people keeping you locked in here." Kimmie's vocie ehcoed. "You should be free, and far from this place." she gave a slight howl. " Simon says really, they'll look at him like he's crazy." barked Kimmie.

The Gypsy Queen
11-06-2009, 10:21 PM
" It is nothing. A pittance. A mere trifle compared to the world of sensations." Bella crooned. Kimmie had no finesse. " There is so much else. Who cares what anyone else thinks?" And then, turning her slow, growling voice on her host. " Do what pleases you."

Maikuolan
11-08-2009, 11:01 AM
X chuckled; Indeed, they were all correct, and above all else, X wanted two things – to remember his name and to free of this place and free of his keepers. With a hearty grin that required no response, X continued his meal and his wine; a few minutes later, he found himself facing an empty plate and an empty glass.

He gazed around his cell once more, though not at anything in particular. I wonder what the time is; how long I've got before they come again.. or what day it is..? For that matter.. I can't remember how long I've been here.. I wonder how long I've been here? What month is it? What year..?

Of all the things they'd denied him, having no clock, no calendar and an erratic routine, had by far, become one of his greatest torments; in the absence of a window, natural daylight and a regular routine, he had no way of measuring the time, and therefore, a limited sense of time – sleep was his greatest measure, when it wasn't broken, which had gradually become a greater and greater occurrence. A few passing moments later, and possibly a stomach filled with wine and lasagna, left him with one fairly uncontrollable urge – he yawned.

Laying his head down on the table, some time later – a period unbeknownst to any concerned party – sleep came; as sleep came, drifting from one reality to the next, so did his dreams.

GraftRaven
11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
A small shadow cast on a wall, then a frenzy of random sound and projections from the shadow grew int the form of an armored man with two serpents behind him, posing in the same manner on opposite sides. Dark colors began to saturate the image, grays, reds, blacks, and bronze. The shadow then stepped off the wall, becoming three-dimensional. Ahriman spoke: "It really is more exciting for us when you're asleep."

OOC : an image to help you
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1241175_99060102112_CSMsorcerorforcestaffplasmain _873x627.jpg
minus the gun

The Gypsy Queen
11-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Formed from something between a song and sigh, Bella was all curves and whispery dark hair. She was only just clothed, bits of dark cloth that might have just been her long, dark wild hair that was not black or brown, but some indiscernible color that could only be described as sultry. Her skin was porcelain pale and unblemished, slinky muscle rippling underneath it. Her eyes were dark and vaguely reptilian, and her red, swollen lips stood out starkly against her face.

Her curvy figure provide a sharp contrast to Ahriman. She seemed to slink around Ahriman, letting her long, elegant fingers dragging over him. She turned her wild, predatory grin on her host and licked her lips.

" Oh yes... Such excitement."

Shani
11-09-2009, 12:26 AM
"I love when he sleeps." Kimmie has long curly bronde ( brown/bloned)hair color. Her teeth are sharp and pointed as a wolf's. The nails apon her fingers are more like the claws of cat and her ears resememble a cat's as well. She is slim with slight curves. This aids her in being flexible. Her eyes were a cross between a tirger's and a snake's. Her eyes are a nice blue green tone. Kimmie wears a black lacey corset, accomponied by ripped black leather pants, and matching jacket. Also on her neck she has a spiked collar. Kimmie's lips are a blood red shade. Depending on her mood she wears either 3 inch high heels or she is barefoot.

She slunk to the other side of Ahriman, slightly brushing up againist him. Kimmie kneeled down at his feet. "Time to have some fun." She stated as her tongue glided across her teeth.

GraftRaven
11-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Ahriman didn't move. "Myself, i like a bit of personal space." He tightened his grip on his staff, causing a pressure wave to push the two ladies a few feet away from himself. A high-tech looking desk began to rise from the floor in front of him, small holographic figures in the shape of nasty looking war-machines and artillery installations. As the table stopped the holograms began to move, battling each other and sending shells soaring over the tabletop, apparently to Ahriman's thoughts.

Maikuolan
11-11-2009, 05:31 AM
X watched in fascination – his dreams were commonly of this manner, but he continually found them interesting nonetheless. Not being sure what to say, he said nothing.

He stared idly for a few moments before making a slow approach towards the table; Covering about the half distance, he stopped – the empty room they found themselves in had slowly transformed itself into something else, resembling that of an abandoned battlefield.

X looked around, familiarising himself with his new surroundings.

The Gypsy Queen
11-11-2009, 05:39 AM
Bella observed their changing surroundings with a passing interest. She stretched languidly, muscles straining pronouncedly.

" What silly amusement is this?" she asked, half of her host, and half of Ahriman. No telling who was responsible. A pile of cushions appeared behind her and she plopped onto them, poised and coiled like a snake, not overtly interested but prepared nonetheless. A bottle of wine was suddenly in her hand and she drank from it lazily, the dark red staining the pale skin around her full lips.

Maikuolan
11-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Scrutinising every object in the newly formed landscape, X glanced at the manifestations of each of his voices in turn, before hearing an unfamiliar voice catch him off-guard. "May I interest you in a drink, sir?"

The voice, that of an older male and spoken with a overtly upper-class Victorian accent, came from behind. X quickly turned around to face its bearer; A tall and older male, very British in appearance, dressed in the expected attire of a butler and looking quite respectable, less for a particularly naff military camouflage helmet covering his head. X smiled and nodded, and in his own quasi Korean accent, replied. "That would be nice. Thank you."

The solider-butler indicated to a drinks tray he held. "Champagne? Semillon Sauvignon? Savignon Blanc? Cru Rouge? Merlot? A little Chartreuse, perhaps?"

X took a glass of Champagne from the tray. "Thank you."

The sound of a bomb dropping somewhere in the far distance could be heard.

The Gypsy Queen
11-26-2009, 06:44 AM
Bella watched languidly as her host sipped of champagne, lifting her own bottle in silent cheers. She then rolled to her belly, exposing long, strong legs and defined curves. There, she propped her chin in her hands and half-smiled, exposing her teeth and a near snarl.

" Are we going to play a war game? I like war games." she said, pausing to bare her teeth in a feral grin at her host over her shoulder, then turning again to face out into the distance. " I have been so bored."

Shani
11-28-2009, 03:29 AM
She looked over at Bella. "What are you talking about? Your bored most of the time." Kimmie barked. She then stood up she was sick of sitting on the floor after Ahriman moved over. Slowly crawling over to X, as if she was stalking something. Reaching her destination she stood up and sat on the table. "I know, let's cause some kind of mayhem when they open the door, that'll be fun!" she let out a soft purr. Crossing her legs she took a drink of champagne.

Maikuolan
12-02-2009, 05:04 PM
X noticed Bella lift her bottle in cheers, raising his own glass in response; In contemplation of her words, he continued watching, until Kimmie gained his attention by way of approach. Speaking generally to those within audible range, X spoke; "War games; champagne; mayhem – I do not mind, really, whatever we do – all these things are things that keep the mind occupied, and keeping the mind occupied can be very important for one is in such a situation as ours – locked up, with very little to do. What did you all have in mind? The sound of battle may not be near, but I can still hear it.."

As X's voice trailed off, a deep rumbling, followed by a short burst of gun-fire could be heard from the far distance; far above, in the clouds, the shadow of a strange metallic bird flew past. The Soldier-Butler, seemingly uninterested in his surroundings or the implications of it, remained still and at-ease, expectantly and attentive to his clientele.

Govannon
12-02-2009, 06:54 PM
But then the soldier changed. It wasn't much, just a little twitch at the corner of the mouth to start with, a fire lighting behind dead eyes, a spark of comprehension where there had previously been none. The soldier broke in a matter of seconds, going from the stoic, determined to please waiter to a broken, sobbing, man. He had just remembered (falsely of course) just how bad this war truly was, and just how much it had cost him. The faces of long dead (not to mention imaginary) people flooded his mind, friends, family, comrades-in-arms, all taken, all because these people wanted to play a game, and as the soldier cried, a man, standing off to the side of the group just smiled.

Ereberus was currently appeared to be in his early twenties, with a large scar across his right cheek. As far as his appearances went, those were just about the only things that one could pin down. Ereberus had the rather annoying habit of subtly switching hairstyle,hair colour, height, race, appearance and even gender whenever nobody was looking. He wasn't really sure himself why he did this, it just seemed sort of... right.

Walking into the centre of the camp, stepping over the still weeping soldier, Erberus joined the main group. "So, what's the plan for today then?"

GraftRaven
12-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Ahriman looked up from his table as it lowered itself again. "Mayhem, destruction, chaos!! Anything to break the monotony!" He raised his arms and his staff began to glow. Seconds later a huge metallic comet fell from the sky and landed not too far from them all. then suddenly it was not a comet, but a huge machine rising from ashes, making its way over to them with earthshaking footsteps. And suddenly Ahriman was gone too, but the same glow that was in his eyes had appeared in the machine's. And it spoke using his voice. "Time for a game."

here's some pictures of the machine, just note that a human can fit in its head with room to spare. Follow the Link ---> Link (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/chaosreaverp.htm) <--- Follow the Link

The Gypsy Queen
12-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Bella watched, reptilian eyes unblinking at sorrow or power. A cold, feral smile spread across her lips as she pulled her knees beneath herself, rising to a crouch. Legs beneath her and arms still sprawled before her, hair clinging to her form, she resembled a snake, coiled and ready to strike.

" A game?" her voice was low, cold, feral.

pooky
12-04-2009, 02:12 AM
A young girl that appeared to be the age of a teenager named Brianna came bounding up to the group. Her long, sleek brown hair bobbing up and down as she ran. "So what did I miss?" she asked everyone, her blue eyes dancing around curiosly. She felt like doing something fun, too bad she might not find it here. When she saw the machine she walked over to it and inspected it. To her it looked rather ugly and odd. Then she looked over to Bella. "Just as long as this game isn't boring. I hate boring games," she announced.

Govannon
12-04-2009, 07:24 AM
"Just as long as this game isn't boring. I hate boring games."

Idiot. "You do realize that there is a massive mecha sorta thingy over there right? You are looking at a massive killer deathbot, and you wonder if things are going to be boring?" Well, technically, we're just as much in control of that thing as he is, we could just make it disappear out from under him if we wanted... "You shut up, that would only serve to weaken my point"

Erebus had some rather, unique, problems of his own. To be specific, he heard voices, usually pleading for tolerance and compassion and often giving him good advice. The irony of the situation was not lost on him, but he did often wonder if his voice of reason had a voice of madness of its own. "It would really suck being the voice of reason..." Erebus trailed off, not really speaking to anyone in particular, the machine he had just been defending moments ago now completely vanished from his mind.

Maikuolan
12-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Seeing the Soldier-Butler burst into tears, caught X slightly off-guard; Not a moment after the introductions of the new arrivals, instinctively, he tentatively extended his arm, offering comfort to the man. He motioned as if to speak, but held his breath; He genuinely wanted to comfort the man, but being well aware that the man was a mere figment of his imagination, and furthermore, a mere materialisation of his current dream (and thus, a real and living entity to an even lesser extent than that of his voices), the absurdity of offering such comfort left X utterly lost for words. Instead of words, he simply rested his hand on the man's shoulder.

A mere moment later, X knew something was wrong – on the man's shoulder from where X's hand sat, a few corpuscles of liquidesque smoke began to gather, forming a small pool. X's eyes momentarily widened in alarm, and the man stopped crying, turning his attention to the small pool. Before X, the man, anyone or anything else had a chance to react, the pool rapidly expanded to encompass the man's entire body, his entire body radiating a smoky hue. The man dropped his tray, full bottles of wine, champagne, glasses and flukes shattering as they hit the scorched and hardened earth.

X hastily withdrew his hand and arm, taking a few steps backwards and half-tripping over Kimmie and the table on his way. By the time he'd regained his balance, the black pool had dissipated, and in its place, was nothing – the man was gone.

X stared at the plastic tray and pool of glass and alcohol laying upon the earth where the man had stood, the only evidence of his existence. He felt disturbed.

Shani
12-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Kimmie hit the floor face first. "Ouch what was that for?" She asked until she noticed the black pool on the ground. "X? What did you do?What did you do." Kimmoe was in a panic. This never happened before. Then she saw it disappear, "What just happened?" She looked like a deer caught in the head lights. She than jumped up to her feet and moved to the other end of the room.

Maikuolan
12-16-2009, 04:11 PM
X was visually in quite a panic himself. "I-I don't know!! He just.. I don't know what happened!", he said, shaking his head. The air felt slightly cooler than it looked.

Govannon
12-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Erebus was actually surprised when the soldier was suddenly converted to liquid. It was a very neat effect, "Don't look at me, I didn't do it this time." As an after thought he added "Still though, the man has style... I'll give him that." With that, Erebus proceeded to walk over to the sidelines of the clearing and see if he could replicate the results on some of the trees.

The Gypsy Queen
12-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Bella's long muscles released, propelling her to get in between her host and whatever was causing him distress. She surveyed their surroundings and saw nothing, then turned her ferocious eyes on her host.

" Get a hold of yourself." she snapped, impatient and angry.

Maikuolan
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
X paused, then nodded. This was a dream, and he had no genuine reason to panic in a dream, regardless of what it revealed; nonetheless, much like anyone else, he was fairly capable of losing himself in a dream, and fairly capable of allowing panic to set it at times. "Yeah, your right.. Bella, Kimmie; Sorry about that.."

X calmed down. "So, how about this game?", he said, with a smile.

Shani
12-19-2009, 04:19 AM
"It's alright love you know me just barky at some points." she grinned with her teeth bared in a friendly manor. "But what about the puddle of goo, what if something like that happends to one of us?" she asked to no one inparticular. Buther body relaxed and regained her composer. "Yes what about it?"

Maikuolan
01-07-2010, 09:34 AM
X nodded and smiled, and was about to speak, but before the chance came, he felt water crash down onto his head. As liquid began trickling down his face, he looked around for the source of the water, yet none was to be found. It suddenly began raining. He looked up; A confused expression hanging on his face. "..What?"

A misty fog began infiltrating as far as the eye could see in a manner fairly and equally familiar to both X and his psychological compatriots; The dream was destabilising – the sign of sleep interference.

At once, everything went black.

Water crashed onto his head once more, and X immediately opened his eyes, blinking rapidly to clear to haze from his vision. Looking around, he found himself bound to a ridiculously unnecessary extreme to some sort of pedestal, positioned behind an average sized wooden table in a particularly small room with one door and one window – though he hadn't been in that particular room before, it looked much the same as the interrogation room his keepers took him to on a scheduled basis. Standing on the other side of the table were two men – both dressed in military attire – the first, tall, young and with a crew cut, bore no insignia, carried an empty bucket under his arm and a rifle over his shoulder; the second, short, old and with unkempt hair, bore North Korean military insignia with the rank of Colonel, nursed a clipboard in one arm and a pen in hand.

The younger officer stood at attention in the corner of the room, visually uncomfortable about being the room and avoiding both X's and the Colonel's gaze, whilst the Colonel stared directly at X with an expression somewhere between indifference and spite. The Colonel spoke. "It is good to see that you have decided to wake up, In-mate. We have been waiting."

The Gypsy Queen
01-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Bella huffed.

" Spit in his stupid fat face. Bite him. Self-righteous, self-important git." Malice and the urge to defend rolled off her voice, a snarl audible there as well.

Bella did not like anyone who disrupted dream time, or who threatened her host.

Govannon
01-15-2010, 03:14 AM
Well, play time was over. In some ways at least. These people were obviously figures of authority, and, without any direct way of acting with them, Erberus was not good with authority figures. He could come up with things that could turn men into weeping husks, mere shells of their former selves, but even he could not stand bureaucracy. The sheer, inefficiency of it bothered him, not to mention that these people actually had some sort of control over him, or at least, his host.

More control over his host than he had, for the moment. With all these other voices floating around, and with x's self control still fairly high Erberus couldn't get much purchase. For now, all he could do was give the patient a headache. ".x ʍou pǝʍǝɹɔs ǝɹ,noʎ ¡ssɐɹq snoıɹǝs ǝɯos uı ʇɥbnoɹq ʎǝɥʇ 'ɥɥɥɥo"

Maikuolan
01-16-2010, 02:23 PM
X shot a hard, cold stare, a stare, somewhere between spite, malice and fear, directly into the Colonel's eyes; Spite, malice and fear was exactly what he felt at that time. Yet, despite what he felt, he said nothing. He agreed with his voices, but saw nothing he could do at the time.

The Colonel looked directly back at X with the same stare. "Not feeling talkative? Have nothing to say? Hmpf!"

The Colonel began pacing. "Are you aware of who I am, in-mate?"

X paused, before giving a short and sharp answer. "No."

This didn't result in much reaction from the Colonel, but in any case, he didn't seem pleased. "Are you sure of that, in-mate? We've met twice before. I am Colonel Kuai."

No flicker of recognition passed across X's face as he sat there, his expression fixed.

After a short pause, the Colonel continued. "Are you aware of why you're here?"