Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stargate: Phoenix

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Andrew and Ward went up to the room Ward mentioned. They studied the Jaffa. "Austin the Jaffa appear to be wearing crocodile-themed helmets. Based on Daniel Jackson's research they should be in the employee of Sobek but Sobek died in 2003. Someone must have taken his slaves for themselves."

Austin made it to the ammunition storage room and loaded up a surprise. "Are they clear of the rings?" Ward examined the area with the rings with her mini binoculars. "Two guards were loading something onto the ring platform." Austin activated the rings and then proceeded to fire upon the Jaffa as they materialized in the same room as her. Her surprise destroyed half of the cargo bay. "Finish off the survivors and collect their staves. Be careful the Kull armor should protect you from the lightning, the sonic blasts are another story. Stargate R&D wants to examine the Thunder & Lightning staves. We have no clue if they look any different than normal the Ma'Tok staff. I'll finish the primary objective."

After mopping up the last of the Jaffa. Andrew and Ward collected the staves and reported back to the Gateroom. Austin set several of the explosives to self-destruct. Based on what she learned for Daniel she set a timer of fifteen minutes give or take. She made her way back to the Gateroom with the two staves from her kills. She had Andrew dial the Gate and transmit the code, she also relayed an order to raise the shield as soon as she was through. She made it to the Gateroom just in time to feel the first explosion rock the compound. She picked up speed just as she dived through the Gate the whole base was engulfed in explosions. The Stargate shield was barely raised in time.

Austin picked herself up. "Gotta get a refresher on Goa'uld. That was nowhere near fifteen minutes." Loyer greated them upon their arrival. "Conference room for debriefing as soon as you change."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Oki'na went back to try and aid in the cure and vaccination efforts.
    This new strain of the phoenix flue was hell.

After her talk with Evie, she went right to work trying to figure out how to better fight this thing.
    She rubbed her temples as she stared at the bacteria through the microscope. This thing was giving her a headaches, and she was clean.

She took one of the several samples of anti-viral agents they managed to get their hands on and added it to the dish she was looking at to see what would happen, and sighed as she watched the stupidly resistant virus fight it off.

She walked away from it and went to the mess. She had to think, and sitting here staring at the bloody thing wasn't helping.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Stanley suppressed a shiver as he moved down the ramp. It wasn’t caused by the looks of jealousy, concern or paranoia he was receiving; however he wasn’t going to leave the weapons he’d personalized behind. The shiver was a subconscious thing, one that occurred every time he passed through the event horizon in the two years he was with SG-21. Consciously he knew the odds of something going wrong was something like a million to one. However he’d heard the rumors, and read the reports he had the classification for. He knew the various ways things could go wrong with Gate Travel; And everytime he stepped through the fear from his subconscious and his very conscious excitement for seeing new things created the shiver.

Ensign Rodgers moved down the ramp with the other new staff sent by earth. Unlike the others Stanley had donned his tactical gear. His weapons hung from the harness, allowing him the freedom to carry other things. His uniforms and civilian clothes were in the duffel in his left hand, while his right moved a hardened wheeled case. The sailor studied the embarkation room of his new command as he moved down the ramp. “Shiny.” He muttered to himself.

Rodgers followed the others through processing and moved into his room.The perks of being commissioned. he thought to himself as he began unpacking. He was told he’d receive his new assignment the following morning.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Ever since the discovery of the Phoenix flu doctors on Earth and Atlantis were looking into worst case scenarios. The Tau’ri flu and Phoenix flu merging was one of their first ideas they researched. They developed a number of potentional treatments for it. Dr. Carolyn Lam arrived the day after the first reported case. Dr. Lam arrived in sickbay she began talking to the medical staff about numerous potentional treatments and looking at test results. “Not nearly as bad as we were projecting.” Dr. Lam called Oki’na over.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The following day, General Loyer met with Dr. Koenig and Andrew Thomas. Homeworld Command was reassigning them to Atlantis. General Loyer then met with Dr. Anastasia Garcia who was being promoted to Chief Medical Officer, following that he had a meeting with Ensign Stanley Rodgers.

”Ensign Rodgers I’ve heard nothing but good things. One of our Phoenix Team-1 members recently transferred to Atlantis. I would like for you to take over his spot.”

Stanley blinked in surprise. He was expecting to end up on a team, just wasn’t expecting the flagship team. ”It’d be a privilege, sir.” Stanley responded. “When would I report to the team lead?”

“After my next meeting, the both of you can report to Colonel Austin together assuming the Jaffa liaison agrees. I have Colonel Austin scheduled to stop by after the meeting with the Jaffa liaison. You can wait in the conference room if you like. Do you have any other questions?”

”To be honest General, I usually have questions.” Rodgers smiled. ”However the current important ones the Colonel can answer. So with your permission.” The ensign stood and extended a hand to the General.

"In that case please wait in the conference room. Colonel Austin will be with you shortly."

After that was a meeting with D’nah. “Continuing the tradition of the Jaffa liaison being assigned to Team-1 I’d like for you to join Phoenix Team-1 as your duties as liaison allow.”

A reasonable request.” D’nah said with a nod. ”I expect that you wish for the team's current leader to maintain their position?”

“Colonel Austin is third in line for command of this base; it would be bad for morale to have her demoted on the team. I have designated PT-11 to be a Jaffa-only team, it’s a new team. They will get their assignments from either Homeworld Command through me, from me, or you based on the Jaffa Nation’s needs. Feel free to assign whoever you feel would best serve on the team. Do you or your people need anything?”

D’nah nodded as the general explained. ”I will put a list of recommendations for PT-11. Your staff has been most helpful in making sure my people are well taken care of. We have arranged a schedule for tretonin shipments. If something comes up that they can’t handle I will reach out to you.”

"In that case, Colonel Austin will be in the conference shortly. You'll find Ensign Rodgers waiting for Colonel Austin as well."

Colonel Austin received a brief briefing from the General before entering the conference room. "Good morning. The name is Colonel Cora Austin. I'm the leader of Phoenix Team-1. Before we get started tell me what you know of the intergalactic shitstorm we currently find ourselves in."

”My team was the first on site to Alpha.” Rodgers started. ”Recognized some of the carnage of staff blasts, a lack of…” The ensign threw a quick glance at the Jaffa Liaison. ” Formerly hostile corpses implied the attack came from Death Gliders or they’ve changed tactics.”

A small smile touched D’nah’s lips at the ensign’s hesitation, that was the only indication she picked up on it. “I was only recently made aware of the incidents at your off-world sites. However, there’s been talk about the Lucian Alliance for months. They stopped making planned meetings, they made excuses, then they stopped answering at all. It’s my understanding you experienced the same. Then your sites were attacked.”

"Indeed it is the System Lords’ Third Battle Group. What System Lords are in charge of the Third Battle Group we have no clue. Homeworld Command suspects they were minor System Lords who managed to stay off all our radars. The attacks on our off-world bases had traditional Ha'tak class cannon blast marks, they also had Ori cannon blast marks. Staff personnel had traditional staff blasts, they also had blasts that based on the sound from the recording the Systems Lord left behind have been dubbed Lightning and Thunder Staffs. Phoenix Teams are scouring old System Lord bases to see if any are being reused. When my team checked out the Kull production facilities we encountered and killed hostile Jaffa or at least people wearing Jaffa armor. The armor had crocodile-themed helmets belonging to Sobek who died in 2003. Last we heard Sobek's forces were absorbed by another System Lord and they joined the Free Jaffa Nation when it was formed. What that could mean we have no clue at the moment. The Kull production facilities have now been destroyed. Ensign Rodgers as someone who was there that discovered Alpha do you have anything to add? D'nah as their liaison, is there any intelligence the Jaffa Nation has given you permission to share?"

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Oki'na walked over to Dr. Lem.
    "Yes doctor?" She asked as she got closer.

This flu was giving everyone trouble. But Dr. Lem was supposedly an expert in virology. As apposed to Oki'na, who was a medic. Not really usless in this situation, only just less skilled. She trained how to take care of injuries in the field.
    Maybe she should request to accompany a team on one of the next away missions once they got this bloody flu settled.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Dr. Lam had never seen an Aturen before she made sure to learn that person's name before she arrived. They were mostly reclusive and had very little interest in participating in intergalactic affairs. "Oki'na please show me to Airman Taylor Saunders. I want to run further tests on his blood from freshly taken samples and to track the progress of the flu." Suddenly alarms were going off on Airman Saunders machines. Dr. Lam raced over and began assessing the situation. After several hours of trying, she called it. "Time of death..." She looked at the clock on the wall. "0949"

Dr. Lam slammed her fist on the table. Dr. Lam ordered Airman Saunders' body to be stored until a full autopsy could be done. She turned to Oki'na. "Which patient with the combined flu is doing the worst now?" Dr. Lam took a tissue to her face shield to clean it off.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

”Not particularly.” The ensign started with a shrug. ”The drastic change in tactics is really the big thing that stands out. I suspect that the corpse removal was less a fear tactic and more operational security.” He leaned back, his hands palm up.

D’Nah nodded as Rodgers spoke. When he wrapped up she shook her head. “We can only offer guesses at this point and there are a number of them. The use of lightning staffs reduces that further.” She drummed her clawed fingertips on the table as she thought. ”There are thr- Four who to my knowledge haven’t been seen in a while. Illapa, who other than a preference for lightning was also known for their preference for metallic clothing. Raijin, who was last known to still prefer Unas hosts. And there were Astrape and Bronte, Zeus’s favored generals who used twins as hosts. They are an unusual pair as they are known to work together as if one.” The Jaffa added to explain her hesitation on the number.

Cora didn't like the idea of going up against a Goa'uld using a Unas host. "I'll have command here and on Earth look into those names and see if any of the big brains can come up with any ideas. As for the operational security being the reason for the removal of the bodies, I don't see the need for that unless there is something different about the Jaffa they are using. Even when they came up with the Kull warriors they left the dead behind. Which is one of the reasons we were able to come up with a way to defeat them. I nor any of those under my command on my last mission noticed anything different about the crocodile guard we fought. We didn't take time to examine the corpses though. The only thing I can think of is the Jaffa aren't actually Jaffa or at least not all of them are. Until we capture one alive or manage to secure the bodies there is nothing we can do but speculate. Unless there is anything else you like to add, let's go meet up with the only other member of our team, Captain Harper Ward."

Rodgers shook his head, and D'nah stood. "Lead on Colonel." The Ensign stood as the Colonel did, and the two followed her as she led on.

As Cora walked she used her phone to send an email to her CO with the names D'Nah mentioned. Cora knew there were only two places Harper would be at this time of day so she didn't bother asking her where she was at. Cora led the new recruits through the maze of hallways to Harper's lab. She knocked on the open door and stepped inside. Harper was hunched over a laptop running simulations. She was muttering to herself. Cora walked up to the laptop and slowly began closing it until Harper looked up. "Sorry Austin. Didn't hear you come in. How can I help?" Harper didn't stand or salute. "Don't worry about it. I came to introduce two new recruits to our team. This is Jaffa liaison D'nah and Ensign Stanley Rogers." Now talking to the new recruits. "This is Captain Harper Ward. This is her lab. Do not touch anything in here without permission. I had to learn that the hard way." Cora pointed to a scorch mark on the wall. "Nearly lost an arm." Cora rubbed her right arm where the scar from the wound was. Harper stood up and walked around her desk. "You wouldn't have lost the arm, you just have a good chunk blasted off and be out of commission for however long for it to heal, unless we had a Goa'uld healing device, then I could have healed it in a..." Harper snapped her fingers. "But if you hadn't messed with my experiment I wouldn't have noticed a critical and potentially catastrophic error. So it was worth it. But do as the good Colonel said best to not touch unless I say you can. Have you shown them the Pews? I tried them out this morning at the shooting range. I love it. I hear the MPs are going to start carrying them once they go into mass production. The stun setting would be ideal for them. Is there anything I can help you with or is this just show and tell?" Harper leaned against her desk. "If not I should get back to translating those schematics I downloaded yesterday. Still getting used to not having Eslain help with the translations." Then a light bulb went off. "D'nah you want to help me with translating this Goa'uld writing?"

Rogers moved around the lab, his eyes scanning the experiments as he listened to the discussion between the two established members of his new team. D’Nah watched the comradery with a bemused expression. Following the conversation she motioned to the computer when asked to help. "I am willing to make an attempt."

Cora went over to Rogers. "Let's leave them to Google Translate. I'll show you the weapon Captain Ward was talking about. Currently, the Projected Energy Weapon is being tested very limited number have been made; only the members of SG-1, AR-1, my team, and a few that went to Destiny are using them. Once they go into mass production they will most likely replace the standard sidearm in the Stargate program." Cora led Rogers to the shooting range. "Get used to this room. I require every member of my team to log a least an hour in here every week unless confined to bed by a doctor or in quarantine. After we try out the Projected Energy Weapon unless something comes up I'll take you to the town and get you registered for housing." Cora didn't need to go with Rogers she just liked visiting a certain someone who worked for the Council plus she liked traveling

Cora pulled up the printouts she made of the weapon schematics. "Just want to let you know up front we got these weapon schematics from Tartarus. We were there yesterday ensuring the new Goa'uld threat didn't bring back the Kull. While I was there I downloaded the schematics. I fully intend to share anything I learn with Jaffa Nation, assuming they don't already know it." Upon looking at the schematics D'Nah could see the translation had barely begun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234