Thread: 25th Anniversary of Roleplaying!

Just around the river bend, through the mists of Avalon, hard right at the rainbow.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Persistent worlds infused with high fantasy.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hello 25th Anniversary of Roleplaying!

Spoiler:  

Cheers, darlings! It’s Whimsy, AKA Ms. Wail. I’ve been reflecting on my journey in text-based adventures, and since I first ventured into a “Roleplaying” chatroom on AIM back in 1999, this marks my 25th anniversary with RPGs!

For those who don’t know, I was honored as “The Perfectionist” in 2010—a year after facing the greatest grief of my life and needing a fantastical escape. I’ve worn many hats: ghostwriter for an NYT Bestseller specializing in litRPG, AP English teacher, wikiHow writer and editor on mental health and metaphysics, and now, thanks to MidReal, I’ve finally broken into game development and narrative design!

I’ve also been formally diagnosed with autism and have been navigating a burnout that’s lingered over 2 years. But here I am, ready to dip my toes back into the mystical lake of imagination. Please be gentle—I’m aiming to engage in one roleplay at a time, with a possibility for a simultaneous 1x1 scenario.

I’m still on the lookout for my Vulcan prince or counselor (check out my thread here). That’s always on my mind, but I’m open to other stories as well! I have a soft spot for dialogue-driven campaigns with strategic elements and a flair for comedy of manners.

A toast to all my beloveds here! What shall we pour into these scintillating flutes?
    Last edited by Whimsical Wail; 08-12-2024 at 07:10 PM.

Just around the river bend, through the mists of Avalon, hard right at the rainbow.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Also, I have a little secret--I'm pro-Mary Sue. I wrote about my stance for Incluvie when I was a Team Lead!

https://www.incluvie.com/articles/ar...nary-superhero

I'd love if you checked it out and gave me your thoughts!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Congratulations!
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thank you, Enigma! You're unforgettable. I think we might've exchanged some visitor messages with each other. We might've even created character sheets for the same RPGs!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Also--Enigma: your groups are so cool! Amazing organization!

Remember the Pulse

Somewhere where the sun shines a bit too much.... and hot...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ay! Congrats! That's honestly so cool to hear how accomplished you have become, and it all started with a hobby!

Knowing you're a LitRPG writer, which is a genre I only recently found and fell in love with, and then writing articles not only on mental health but also metaphysics speaks to the spiritual side of me in a great way! Now I'll forever wonder if I ever read anything of yours, and encourage myself to read to be sure that I do statistically speaking haha.

Take your time getting back in after a break, lord knows I am. After all, there's an adventure for everyone, we just have to find the right one!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hah hah hah -- I'd like to claim that I got into ghostwriting to encourage people to go on a literary scavenger hunt! That's so fun! And yes...adventures abound here.