Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (OOC) Time Wars!

A Pilgrim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (OOC) Time Wars!

Present day New York had become the battle ground between the past and the future… cybernetically enhanced humanoids battle out with dinosaurs while Roman Centurions fend off waves of nuclear mutants while World War jets and flying battle droids rain hellfire down from the sky, these two sides are both seeking the same thing, the ones known as the Code Bearers. Ordinary citizens who hold within their minds a fragment of the Time Code which when pieced together will give whichever side total mastery over space and time.

• The Past…

Your character can be from any country and any era, Victorian pirates, roman gladiators, Vikings, hell even dinosaurs (in this interpretation Dinosaurs are actually intelligent beings…Prove they weren’t!). You can even be specific people! You wanna be Winston Churchill? Then dammit you be Winston Churchill!

• The Future…

Any iteration of the future is acceptable! Steampunk, cyberpunk, space age, nuclear wasteland, even a political dystopia is fine

• The Present…

We will need seven people from the present, as you are accepted I will pm you a piece of the time code, it will probably sound like nonsense on its own however even an individual piece can be powerful (what is does will be explained in the pm)

The Story so Far!

September 10 2008 The Large Hadron Collider was activated! During the very first minute of its activation it succeeded at its assigned goal encoding the secrets of time travel onto a half eaten Twinkie one of the scientists had discarded. The event went unknown and unrecorded for the next six hundred years when a brilliant yet homeless scientist discovered the Twinkie in a junkyard while looking for used robot parts to exchange for money.

Using the powers of science Bill managed to discover the secret unleashing a swarm of tachyon particles in the process, these particles traveled backwards in time carrying the information of time travel to the past! However this event would have a deadly side affect, for you see, while the present (2011) still worked normally thanks to the Time Code uncovered by the Large Hadron Collider last week, both the past and future were changed irreparably. The past began happening all at once, while every itineration of the future was coming true all at once. The only way to repair their damaged timelines was to find the code hidden in the minds of seven people of the present, not only would it save their time streams but give them unlimited power over the space time continuum!

Character Sheet!

Name:

Side: (past or future)

Specific Date:

Appearance: (description or image is fine)

Brief History:

Past Characters!

• Flint- Kiall
    • Cheryl McChord- Storm

Future Characters!

• Leo- The Wulfe
    • Klith Jarco- EvilLord1

Present Day Characters!

• Dorothea Riedmann- sneakyonfoota
    • Kag- The Wulfe
    • Jenny Whyte- Storm
    • Verloren Kreuzer- A-Chama
    • Abby Reed- LadyJane

Name: Flint (true Dino names are unpronouncable to the human mouth)

Side: Past

Specific Date: The Late Cretaceous

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Flint trying out one of your crazy Ape inventions 

Brief History: A decorated scout in the Dino Army well known for his ability to navigate hostile and unknown terrain. He had been handpicked to represent Dinosaur interest in obtaining the Code Bearers. While not well trained in managing large groups, he is invaluable in maneuvaring small squads in fast strikes and recon work.
    Last edited by Kiall; 11-25-2011 at 01:14 AM.

The muffin this city deserves
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror and Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems interesting. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players?

Vixen of the Heart
    Where reality clashes with the dream world
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, though a really good plot goes a long way with team work. But fantasy still rules it all :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ohhh this may be interesting..one, shame on you for not asking me to check this out you! lol

Will think of if want past, present, or future....hmmmmm....hmmmm

A Pilgrim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well I didn't know you'd go for it!

tis a very silly premise as you can see!

and I imagine you as more of a present/future kind of gal, but go with whatever you want we have a ton of empty space!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interested.

A Pilgrim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh sneaky... I knew you couldn't keep away from the soft science!

(ohmygodohmygodsneakywantjoinohmygodohmygod!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How are you handling antagonists, by the way?

A Pilgrim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was just gonna let the past and future deck it out...no need to make an exterior threat considering their timelines are already on the line..why? what were you thinking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just thought it would be interesting to have an antagonist who was absorbing different pasts as the story went on... Like say a Victorian woman who then gains a cuirass and memories of a past life, fastforwarding to the 30s and another fashion upgrade and a tommy gun and effectively evolving, gaining different things from different pasts as all time begins to collide and merge.

She'd be a by-product or symptom of the event as a sort of gauge as to how bad the anomaly was due to the crashing timelines. But she'd be twisted by it, thanks to the merging of personalities and exploiting foresight.

Or hell, I could just stop thinking so hard and do an expy of Cyndi.

A Pilgrim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hmm well we're well past the hour where things went wrong, the past is already one giant merged mess...which is why so many people are willing to leave for the present, ever looked at a map that had a bunch of different continents yet was still Pangea? total mind f*ck! but I do like this idea of yours...maybe spin it so she's not an antagonist per se..just someone who had no idea what timeline she's from and holds a smatterring of memories from many?

but if your heart is set on being a villain..might I suggest you be a present day-er? someone perhaps corrupted by the time code you hold in your head? (they do grant certain abilities, what they are is something i'll reveal in a pm)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast