Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BEJEWELED〔M〕〔IC〕「Hoef & GodlyD&D」

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Default Fear, Panic and Wanton Death

The tribesmen were hesitant. They didn't know whether to trust this outsider or not. Few had come from beyond the Great Blue, but their presence upon arrival imparted a sense of deification on the Damuzi. So, the supposed leader from among this group of hunters spoke plainly to Ildapan. "We cannot lead you to this Old Source Shell, but we can lead you to our village shaman who may know of what you speak. You must come alone, none of your men shall follow. Death will befall them if they do so."

✧ ✧ ✧

As Idmah drew closer to her village, she felt this area of the jungle grow cold and distant. The spirits that danced among the canopy were gone.. Any bird or small critter had cleared out, leaving an eerie silence that was deafening. She clambered her way to a vantage point where she can see the village and coastline. She saw how the ships were now well within range to launch smaller ships toward the shore. However, just as the ships began their journey flashes of fire were seen along the sides of the larger ships.

There was only moments of downtime before several areas of the village were engulfed in fire. The ground shook, and earth was displaced. The power of these detonations were enough to send shockwaves throughout this section of the island.

Idmah covered her mouth in abject horror. She did not want to believe that this was the power of her enemy, of these invaders who have brought war to their shores. She was even more terrified realizing that her father was there. He was supposed to be the first line of defense against the menace, but those explosions provided that there may be nothing left of him or the village. Her heart flared up with rage, and anguish. She stood there, and stared; tears welling up in her eyes.

On this day, these invaders had proved to Idmah that the peace she came to know was gone. She understood. The days ahead, they're going to be harsh. Turmoil will be ever present. She clenched the branched she was using to prop herself up, "I will avenge you father.. They will not get away with this.."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Ildapan turned to those men with him. He said, "This must be our only chance. Those who came that we were taken along with do not have the right idea and do not remain in the will of Hylax, they do not seek out what is right from higher powers, but we must not use violent ways as they do. These men who encountered us agree to take just me to the village healer, the shaman they have, where I can learn about the Old Source Shell, the artifact that is sought, this means you will have to remain and wait until I return, as I plan to very soon, do not follow after me and do not engage in any violence from your initiating it, or it will ruin everything for which we came. And be alert to any approach of vessels from the Kingdom of Nynmark, should it happen that they come already, that you can let me know."

When the men with him indicated agreement, Ildapan said to that one leading the Damuzi tribal party of men, "I agree to this and will go with you for you to lead me, if you agree to leave these men with me alone to wait here for me and I can return to them soon. Then lead the way and I will cooperate." Ildapan saw this way was necessary.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Gernot seemed against this, but realized that this was the break they were looking for. He stepped back a few paces and nodded to Ildapan, "If you think this to be correct, then I will argue in this accord. However, I do want to stress that if you don't come within a day's time, then I will forced to report you as captured by the Damuzi.. Do come back safe, Father. You've been instrumental in our journey thus far. We will also keep our eyes on our surroundings for the Nynnies. I suspect they are already here." Gernot watched as the Damuzi tribesmen guided Ildapan away from his party.

Through the trees and across a few wide rivers, Ildapan found himself in a village where its people were moving to and fro. However, they stopped what they were doing to stare at Ildapan. They had never seen a man like him before. Thus, they treated him like a roadside attraction. Many children came to see Ildapan, but some mothers kept their children away from him. There was, indeed, a sense of fear from among the crowd that had gathered to see him.

But that fear would only grow as Ildapan entered the shaman's hut. He was hit with a whaff of a smell that was rather pungent to his nostrils. It took a minute to adjust to the smells, but when he did he was greeted with a man who was deep in a trance. The tribsmen bowed before the shaman who held up a hand.

"Is this to be the Starchild foretold by the bones?" The shaman did not even look up from their trance.

The one leading them shook their head, "No.. But this one apparently knows about the Anu-Hadis and wishes to know where it is."

That's when the shaman opened their eyes and looked over at Ildapan. "The Gemkeeper.."

✧ ✧ ✧

Returning to her family, Idmah was hardened.

She assumed that her father was dead after witnessing the power of the invaders. She even understood that going there now would only ensure her demise. So she wanted to protect her family and friends, she needed the power of the Anu-Hadis.. But to do that she'd need to get the central village, which is further inland. It'll be a couple days travel at her speed.

"Mother," Idmah called as she came running up, "The invaders! They've attacked! The village.. It was wiped out.. Nothing remains but fire and stone!"

Nisaba stared at Idmah for a moment before looking in the direction of the village, tears welling up in her eyes. She understood what her daughter was saying, but also knew that she needed to be strong now that Meskalam-dug was gone. Nisaba came back to her daughter and said, "Now you understand what bloodshed does.. What war reveals in the hearts of men.."

Idmah stared off, she didn't want to admit it but.. she was right.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

When the shaman was looking at Ildapan waiting for him to speak, Ildapan said what he had spoken to the Damuzi men who led him here. "I and others with me have come across from the sea, where those of Erhohen live, because others from another land, that of Nynmark, are coming here, to possess this land, and the Anu-Hadis would be within their access, and we should learn where it is before they do, that it would be safe from their access. We would seek guidance to that."

The shaman answered, "Do you understand the presence of the Anu-Hadis on this land you and many others come to is what enables all of us who are the Damuzi to live together and prosper in many ways, and have peace with the other creatures here, since the Master of the Sun and Vitality left it here with our ancestors? They were warned that if the Anu-Hadis would be moved away from this land, it would return to what it was to be without it, without this prosperity, and division between groups on this land and no peace with the other creatures. We cannot let the Anu-Hadis depart from this land, no matter what."

Ildapan said, "Then you must use wise strategy. It must be in a new hidden and very secure place, known only to the most trusted who would never betray its location, and a duplicate lookalike for it kept in a notable place that is still a new location. There are those both of the Nynmark and some of those of Erhohen who would take possession of it from you."

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The shaman huffed, "Then where must we move the Anu-Hadis? I know not where the Holy Gem is. To know of the few who do, you must travel from here to the village in the west. There you must speak to the Elder Shantu. He will tell you where the Anu-Hadis is truly stored. The truth of its place cannot be spoken, and only those oldest among the Damuzi may know of its cradle. I do not possess such wisdom for I merely walk among young sprouts. In time, and in good faith, I shall come to know of such a thing."

✧ ✧ ✧

Some time had passed, and Nisaba had ordered what remained of her people to begin marching to a nearby village. Idmah followed alongside the march, keeping to herself as she pondered her mother's words. She was rather..inspired. Something about her mother's willingness to keeping pushing even when her beloved is gone. Idmah understood then, and she was internalizing it now.

She looked at her hands, catching the glimpse of the future. "These hands will know bloodshed, just like those men of war." A fire was lit in her soul, and a look of determination gradually formed on her face. She knew what she had to do, and knew what measures were going to be taken to make it happen.

She followed the caravan a ways, keeping a relative distance from them.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Ildapan said to this shaman, "If the Anu-Hadis is really so well hidden now so as to not be found in any way by chance, and no on knows of its location but a very few who would never betray its location under any torture no matter how much, then it would be safe enough that it should remain where it is. But people who I came from knew something about it, already, and there are some from them who desire to obtain it themselves, knowing another country of aggressive people are coming to take this land and obtain that, too. How would they have learned of that? It does not seem to have been kept so secret, as it should have been. In any case, I should really go to the Elder Shantu who you mention, who I should be led to by any who would be sent from here with me, that I would give him this warning. But I must return right away to those who had come with me, who would assume I was taken hostilely, and with their report to others who were coming they would come aggressively against all here."

The shaman said with concern showing, "That would not be good at all. You speak well for what is needed. I can appoint my trusted aid here to go along with you. Treat him very well and allow him to return here when he has accomplished what you say is needed, with you, and he will guide you to the Elder who knows all about it."

Ildapan nodded, speaking his thanks. "I will be sure it all goes that way." He looked to the aid whom the shaman had indicated. This man with a strong appearance indeed looked ready.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The aid stood tall and firm, his eyes never broke Ildapan. He then began to move, so as to usher Ildapan, and once Ildapan returned, Gernot appeared far more elated than usual. "Father! The natives didn't kill you!" He approached Ildapan, but stopped when he saw the native. "W-Who is this?" The aid looked to Ildapan to translate what the man was saying as he had a look of confusion on his face.

✧ ✧ ✧

When Nisaba and her people reached the nearby village, the refugees scattered among the masses. Idmah stood by her mother and brother as the three of them moved to this village's center. Here it was a small ziggurat the size of a three-story building, and was adorned with carvings venerating Ama-sin. Idmah felt at peace here, but it was tense as Nisaba stood before this village's elders.

They cast a doubtful eye over her, but she remains firm. She said, "My elders.. My mate, the chief of our village, was slain by foul men.. Those men came from beyond our land, and now seek to burn all that we know. Their intentions remain unclear at this moment, but I know they mean all of us harm."

One of the elders, after quiet dilberation, spoke, "Your heart rings with the sadness of loss. That is new for me, and new for all of us. Those cracks of thunder were not storms, but were weapons of war.. Very few of us still remain to remember a time where peace was a farcry.. I sympathize with your pain, and will house your people. We stand by your cause, and will aid where we can."

Nisaba bowed, "I humbly thank you for your support and will come back to you when I know of what we intend to do to return your kindness." She turned and walked out, Idmah and Illum-sha followed in behind her. The two were in awe at how she handled things, and wondered individually how she was holding up.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Ildapan explained to the shaman's aide who was with him that the one who had spoken thought it was possible that he Ildapan would have been killed for the Damuzi people here were thought to be hostile, and he wanted to know who the shaman's aide who was now there was. Ildapan said he would have to explain how it was not the Damuzi people who were hostile.

Ildapan turned to Gernot and those standing clustered near him. He said, "Men you know how Hylax is, and what Hylax wants is not being represented by what the leaders who come against the native people here pursue doing. So I have told you to not come against any violently here. They will not respond against us or any coming peacefully with violence from them. Do you rememberwhy we have come? It was really to get the Old Source Shell to keep from the Nynmark people who would come against them. We are not supposedto be like they are thought to be. I have leaned that the Old Source Shell is absolutely hidden that almost no one here knows where it is, the couple of individuals who do know will not say its location and would prefer to die rather than give that away. It is what is keeping this island in its stable pristine existence, which would be gone if that is removed. But we cannot get access to it. To do the will of Hylax we must find the Elder Shantu who this shaman's aide will be guide to us for, just for warning about those who do come violently to take it, whether those of Nynmark or those of our people of Erhohen who are much like that with a violent approach. We cannot go against Hylax."

Gernot nodded. "I see. But our superior officers will not see that they are going contrary to Hylax, while they have become convinced that this island was given over to them by Hylax for the taking, and that there are just savages who are almost mindless here."

Ildapan said, "They are certainly wrong. You can see this one who will lead us, and though you didn't see all those who I just saw they are a people with manners who can get along, but they would not let us push them around. Now cooperate and this one will lead to one who knows where the artifact remains well hidden, that we would give warning there, and fulfill what Hylax wants from us."

The others did not say anything but they followed along.
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 11-08-2023 at 10:53 AM.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The group, guided by this shaman's aid, was brought through thick jungles, wide rivers, and rolling hills that may allow oneself to see for miles. All of it, every foot, and every mile, was exqusite to the eye. This island, although isolated, harbored a brilliance that not even the nature back home could measure. It wasn't even fair.

Their trek lasted most of the day, and when they had arrived the aid was little perturbed by the amount of people there were. He had told Ildapan that there were this many people the last time he was here, and that he was concerned for what has transpired. The aid picked up his pace, and brought them to where Elder Shantu was to be.

The building was low, and rotund. There was a tree in the middle, but had not grown to full height. The elder, who sat quietly at his place before the tree, did not move. In fact, he did not even hear the group enter the chamber. But after a long moment of silence, he spoke.

"What brings you before me?"

✧ ✧ ✧

Idmah was pondering her next move. She wanted to do something about these invaders, but as the day grew old and the sun crept toward the horizon, her ideas grew fewer in number. She was left only a few ideas, and two of them were going to get her killed if she did them now. So, there was only one thing she could think of to do.

She climbed the nearest tree to hangout in the canopy, and sat there. Silently.

She took in the ambience of the jungle, and focused in on her connection with it. Perhaps the Anu-Hadis would provide her with the answers she needed.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The shaman's aide turned to Ildapan indicating it was for him to speak. So when the elder turned to look, Ildapan said, "Elder, this aide brought us from the community by the coast near the bay, sent by his shaman who I brought news to and told him we should know where the Anu-Hadis is kept, for it might not be adequately safe, as invading people would take over and seek it for use to themselves. He assured me it was adequately hidden so that it could not be found by anyone where it was hidden, and that I should give you the news that there are those who will come here to maraud this place thinking that would be found and could be taken from this land."

Elder Shantu said to him, "And did you not know, or not think, that the Holder of the Bliss Realm has a presence with the Anu-Hadis? The power that keeps this land separate from all the other lands so well as it is can only be from that Holder's presence, which is with more power. There is power against any who would approach the hidden place of the Anu-Hadis with malicious intent to take it. I or others with the secret knowledge would never indicate where it is hidden no matter what, but that is not its chief defense. You would best avoid it altogether. Yet the news you bring me is of value. I and others I tell will make petition for the intervention we know that will devastate the attempt of those who would come, to take over this land for anything."

Ildapan said, "Do that right away. There are such who have already come to this land, to use force."
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 11-09-2023 at 02:18 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast