Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Unexpected Encounters of the Knights (IC)

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

After a moment, the phoenix who spoke with that understandable way said still, "It seems you are concerned about what you might eat here. You had wandered a bit to get here, but since you did not go further, I sent a bush full of fruit you like, that you would eat that. The fish in the water are not good to just eat. But if you come along away from this creek, I will point out my nice residence further that way where the mountain ranges draw closer together. There I have nice nests where those who come to me may lay and rest. I have stores of a variety of food which will include things you would enjoy. But aside from drinks in vessels I can offer, there is no water for use, except for this creek that runs this way."

Alastair was thoughtful, he then asked, "But where does this creek run to?"

The phoenix answered, "All this valley is mine, for many dozens of miles. It comes to a greater fall, between two hills far that way. Beyond it is another country with a powerful maiden over it, and the inhabitants there, where there are many lakes joined together. I respect those of that country and their maiden over it all to work out all things for themselves, and they respect me to leave this valley and those I have in it to me, and I deal fairly with all of it, and the occasional visitors I have coming here."

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Romance RP
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Valeria walked a little closer to Alastair. Then she nodded her head as he told her what the thing was. “Oh my I see. You are such a beautiful bird I have never seen one like you before. But I might have a few questions for you.” she said as she studied all the bright colors on the bird. “Does this place ever get dark or does the sun stay up all the time? I ask because the spell a wicked wizard cast on me requires me to be in the water after the sun sets.” As she ask this she looks over at Alastair to see what his reaction he would give to what she had just told them.

Then as she listened to the answer the phoenix gives her she nods her head. “Now if we ask you for any things will you be able to give us what we ask for? Like food and other little things we may need. Oh and do you have a name you go by if we need you? Once the phoenix answers all their questions he then leaves Alastair and Valeria alone for the first time.

As Valeria stands there next to him she grows a little nerve because this was the first time Valeria had ever been alone with a man and a man she hardly knew anything about. What should she say to him? Then building up enough courage Valeria turns to Alastair and she says. “Alastair would you like to take a walk with me and we can talk and get to know each other some? ”She asked as she looks up into his eyes and smiles at him.

As they started to walk Valeria was quite for a few minutes. Then looking over at Alastair she asks her first question. “Alastair how long have you been severing as a Knight for? And what made you want to become one?” When she asks him this she started to look him over. Seeing he was a little bit taller than her and by the looks of his arms he was very strong, he had dark blond shoulder length hair. She also notices his shirt and trousers were neatly under a leather coat. In Valeria eyes she thought Alastair looked very handsome and she was looking forward to getting to know him more.

As they continued to walk another question came into Valeria mind. “What made you want to come here to me when you have a job back at that fort?” But as she was asking him that all of a sudden Zad the wicked wizard appears right in front of them. Valeria screams and grabs Alastair’s arm tightly. “Valeria Segrave what do we have here? Have you told him that you belong to me?” Valeria stood there not sure what to say. “Oh please sir don’t hurt him he is here to help me and No sir I have not told him yet.” she said as she looked over at him. “Alastair this is Zad the wizard who casted the spell on me and turned me into a mermaid because I refused to stop singing when he told me to and then I refused to give him my voice. ”She said as she looked up into Alastair face.

Then Zad started to laugh. “Go on Valeria tell him the rest and how the spell can be broken.” Valeria looked to the ground for a minute. Then taking a deep breath she started to talk again. “The only way the spell can be broken is if.” She stopped speaking and bits her lip. “Go on Valeria or else you are asking for something more too happen to you.” Zad said as he took a step closer to her. Valeria nodded her head and continued to talk. “For the spell to be broken a Knight must show Zad that he cares and um….loves me and then Zad will then give him three tasks he must complete to break the spell. But if he cannot complete the tasks the spell will not be broken and I will remain a mermaid the rest of my life.”

As Valeria finished speaking she looks to the ground. Zad then nods his head and starts to laugh again. “Yes this is all true what Valeria has told you and so far no one has wanted to have anything to do with her because of this. Now the question is you young man…” But before he could finish what he was saying Valeria interrupted him. “Oh Zad you must not push him to do anything right away because he just met me today, please give him some time to get to know me before you ask him to do something.” she says as she bit her bottom lip.Zad then growled at Valeria. “Valeria Segrave, how dare you interrupted me, and tell me what I cannot do.”

But before Valeria could reply Zad takes his hand and slaps Valeria on the face. As he does that Valeria screams out and drops to her knees and placing her hands over her face and starts to cry. Zad once again starts to laugh out. “I will be watching you two don’t try to do anything foolish or you will be sorry.” he says this as he then disappears. After Zad had left them Valeria then looks up at Alastair. “I hate that man he is always that way with me. ”She says as she whips a tear off of her cheek. “Oh Alastair I want to return to the creek now please.” She says to him as she stands up again.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The shiny fiery bird gave answer with amazing ability as anyone who could speak with Valeria. "The sun of this place does set, after a much longer time than what you are accustomed to in your world. It does not get dark here after that, before it comes right up on the other side." Alastair was just as interested to learn anything from this great bird.

"This place is very safe for you. Any hostile being entering my realm would deal with great wrath from me, which is generally known. I provide something for you if you do not come to my home. But there is abundance there, not in the rest of this great valley. You would not miss seeing where it is, if you know about it. It is in the area of those two peaks that way, and it has great glow, so even when the sun here does set it does not get dark around here. You would not lack anything there. I adjure you to come there and stay as my guests. But I see you wish to spend a little time alone. I would leave you just for now, but do please come to my home right away, where you can meet me immediately. I am Frah the High Phoenix! I know you will remember."

From Alastair’s perspective Valeria had just come out from the water of that creek, and after sitting there just the short time while the phoenix was speaking, legs that she had as a woman as the huge fishlike portion, like part of a huge swordfish, not like these miniature swordfish in the creek, vanished. She then came to him, and started asking these things.

Alastair answered, "Yes, we might walk toward the phoenix's home that way. All the knights at the fort are new knights and are young. The fort is brand new, just built little more than fifty days ago. I have been given knight status three times that long ago, one hundred days before that fort was completed. I joined the forces as one uncle I looked up to, and it was a good way to grow independent of my parents and relatives at home, who are really too controlling. In combat in a battle with a troop of ogres I stood out with my fighting, and was then knighted."

Alastair then explained that he came thinking there was a real chance to save her, as the mermaid it seemed probable that she was, from a place with not enough water for her. He thought he would be right where she was sent, that she would be there, as he was told, not thinking he would lose his way back.

The appearance of this evil wizard stunned him. How could he possibly know how to find them there, and how did he even dare to come? The High Phoenix might annihilate him!

When the evil wizard suddenly disappeared, Alastair said with not understanding it well, "You do not want to go on toward the High Phoenix's home? We would really be safer there." He looked at her, and said honestly, "I like you very much. But truly, I did just meet you and we have never spoken together before this."

Romance RP
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Valeria looked to the ground as Alastair started to ask her a question. As she kept looking at the ground she started to shake her head. Then looking up at Alastair she said. “Well the Phoenix did say it would be safe there at his home if we were to come, So does it mean I will not have to see the wicked wizard any more if we go there? If so I guess I do want to go then.” she said as she brushed her dress off.

Then as she looked around she hears Alastair tell her he likes her. “Aw really, Thank you Alastair that was very nice of you to tell me that.” she said as she blushed. “Well I guess we should probably start walking again or we will never get to the Phoenix’s home.” As they started to walk again Valeria started to have a hundred thoughts run through her head. What was this place they were heading to going to be like? Would she truly be safe there away from the wicked wizard? Would she see him again? Would the wizard be able to find her again? Oh Valeria stop worrying about all this right now, for everything will work out somehow you will see.

But remembering Alastair was walking with her she turned her attaching back to Alastair with some more questions for him. “Alastair have you ever seen a mermaid before? I ask because I don’t want you to think I am going to be any trouble when I change back into one when I am in the water.” She ask as she studied his face closely. She had noticed he was good so far at answering her questions she had for him.

After a few minutes of walking quietly she ask him another question. “You said the fort was just build fifty days ago? Then where did you meet at before the fort was build? Does this mean you probably don’t know my brother Daniel Sagrave then? He has been training to became a knight for about a year now. What do you enjoy the most about being a knight?” Her questions just kept coming and he could probably start to see she wanted to know something important but she was just not telling him. “I am so sorry Alastair. Am I asking too many questions? If so I can stop. For I know you must have some questions to ask me too.” she said as she blushed again and this time looked away from him.

When they had been walking for a long time the two peaks finally came into view and Valeria stopped walking and froze. “Oh wow! The Phoenix was not kidding when he said the peaks would be in a great glow. Look at it! It’s is beautiful. I think I will really feel safe here after all.” She said as she stood there with her mouth open wide. “Now I wonder where the Phoenix is at.” she says as she looks around for him.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Alastair responded at first, "I am sure if we are with the phoenix who invited us to come, we would be safe from any that would be hostile, including that Zad, there."

They had gone some way, and the home of the phoenix with light showing from it came in to view as they came toward the peaks where the surrounding ranges of mountainous area narrowed at that end, from where the creek ran. Alastair then answered, "I have never seen a mermaid. But I heard it said that out at sea, beyond that inlet where you were staying, there are mermen and mermaids, in some large community out there, but there are other creatures out there too. And you never saw any of them, did you?

"We knights were at attendance at the Lord Averbody's residence, until the fort was complete, and most of us sent there. I did hear of Daniel Sagrave, I am happy to know you are family with him. He might have gone with those of us who went to the new fort. But there was renewed battle with ogres on the frontier, and he was sent in another party of fighting men to that. Being a knight I find to be involving watchfulness and being really observant."

They came closer to this home. It was like a great pillar, with apparent gnarly trees clustered together into a bunch that like cords in a rope twisted around each other going upward. Light shown brightly in very small space between them, making spirals of light going upward. A large bushy platform seemed to be at the top, and four extensions reaching out in each direction from that top also seemed to have bushy platforms, a little smaller than the one central to them. There were indentations they found when closer that seemed to be steps leading up along the side.

Romance RP
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Valeria face lite up with a smile when Alastair said he thought the phoenix place would be a safe place to be at. She was glad he agreed with her. Now they just had to get there to know it for sure.

Then when Alastair told her he had never seen a mermaid before Valeria eyes grew wide. “Oh my goodness really you have never seen a mermaid before? Well, they are beautiful creatures, and they are fun to be around. Do you like to swim? Maybe we could go swimming together later on and you will get to see what a mermaid is like.” Then nodding her head.

“Why yes, I have seen that large community of mermaids you are talking about. Infact, I know a few of them that live there.” she said as she bushed a strand of hair out of her eyes. Then shaking her head when Alastair said there were other creatures out there in the water. “No, I don’t think I have seen any of them. What kind of creatures would that be and what are they like?” She said as she looked around.

Then nodding her head when he started talking about where the knights stayed before the fort was complete. Her Uncle had told her about that place, but she had never been there before. Her eyes then grew wide when Alastair said he had heard about her brother before. “Would it be easy to find out where he was at if I was to want to see him? Because I have not seen him for a long time and would love to be with him and let you meet him as well, that is if we ever find our way back there.” she said as she looked up into Alastair’s face.

As they got closer to the place Valeria looked all around taking it all in. She had never seen anything like this before and was wondering how it had been made and what it would be like inside of it. “Alastair have you ever seen anything like this before? I have never seen anything like it. But it is amazing to see. Alastair I…I...” she started to say and then she passed out and stated to fall to the ground because she had fainted.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Alastair was answering that swimming together appealed to him. "I have heard there were many sorts of large creatures out there, I just remember hearing great sea snakes were included among those. I could probably find out about your brother after the battle with the ogres is over, if we come back to our own world soon." That Valeria suddenly started falling now that they came near to this huge structure of Frah, the High Phoenix, alarmed him, and he quickly brought his arm closest to her behind her to catch her, and maneuvered himself to hold her with both arms. But then he needed to set Valeria down, and he put her carefully to where it was most level, here where it was still sandy ground.

She was out. He looked carefully and understood that Valeria had fainted. But why? If the air pressure was not good here for her, it would not be good for her going higher, where the phoenix had accommodations, which he understood from the steps up that wide pillar of the phoenix's home. But how could he even go up those carrying her? He saw, looking at Valeria, that she was out cold. What could he do?

Alastair looked up toward the top of the great structure, with its bushy platform on top and four branches going in the separate directions with their bushy platforms. He called out then. "O Frah, High Phoenix, come and help us!"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Alastair did not wait long, the phoenix flew from there right down to him. He declared, "This woman Valeria just fainted right here when we came. There is no way we can just come up there."

The phoenix said, "I should not carry her up, even with your help along the steps holding one part of her, claws on my feet are rather sharp and would injure her. I am strong enough to fly with her though. I must get water for her! I will be right back."

The phoenix flew right back up to that central platform, and a few moment later carried down what seemed to be a great bowl. He flew before Alastair and placed it without trouble right on the ground. It was full of water, and the phoenix had not spilled any of it!

The phoenix then flew off to land nearby. The creature said, "You should to start with splash some of the water with your hand onto her face."

Romance RP
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

As Valeriaslowly started toopen her eyes she looked around. What had happened to her? Why was she laying on the ground? Then looking up she sees Alastair standing there next to her. “What happen to me?” she ask with a whisper. “The last thing I remember was everything started to spin and I got light headed and I black out.” She said as she started to sit up and looked around with a confused look on her face.

Then noticing the Phoenix also stood watching her she nodded her head smiled at him. “Frah I love your place it is beautiful; I have never seen anything like it before. Thank you for inviting us to stay here for a few days. What are some of the things available for us to do here?” She asked as she looked around more. “Is there a lake or a pond here?” She said as she started to stand up.

When Valeria was standing up she brushed her dress off and then slowly walked over to Alastair’s side and taking his arm in her hands she leaned her head up against his shoulder and whispered. “Alastair thank you for caring for me when I fainted. It means a lot to me to know you did it and wanted to help.” she said as she lean forward and gently placed a kiss on his cheek and then smile at him. “Now are you ready to start climbing all the steps? Because I think I am alright now and I am ready to go.” she said as she looked up at the steps they had to take to get to the top.
    As they started to climb the steps Valeria asked him a few more questions. “You had told me about a battle with the ogres was going on. What kind of battle is that and how long has it been going on for?” she ask as she looked over at him. When he had answered her she then said. “Alastair please don’t be afraid to ask me any questions you may have, because I want you to get to know me as well. I don’t care what other people are saying about me. They say I ask too many questions and won’t let them talk. So please do ask me some.” She said as she looks up into his eyes for a minute and studies him.

Now when they both had climbed all the steps and reached the top the Phoenix was waiting for them there. Valeria could not believe how many steps there was. “What a climb that was, I don’t think I have taken that many steps this high up before and I am glad we made it to the top safely.” Then turning and looking at Alastair again. “Is it just me or are you hungry as well?” Then turning and looking over at the Phoenix. “Frah, what kinds of food can you provide for us to eat right now?” she asks as she leans up against the wall to rest.

As they waited for Frah to provide them with food Valeria studied Alastair face closely she wonders if this was the man that would break the spell. Should she try talking to him more about the spell? She hated to have to bring it up again knowing if she did it may bother him. But she wanted to make sure he did not have any more questions about it before the wizard came back. No, she would wait for him to ask her more about it. But for now she would just enjoy watching him.

Then when Frah had provided fruits and nuts for them to eat Valeria sat back and enjoyed it all. As she ate she turned and looked at Alastair and said. “Alastair please tell me about your family. What are they like? Are you the only child or do you have any siblings?” Sheasks as she ate a hand full of nuts.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Alastair said, "That was it, but why would that happen? I don't understand that. Are you weakened from some condition? I am surprised if you are ready to go, but if so we can start up that way."

The phoenix had taken the bowl with water after Alastair had splashed some of it on her face, as she was fully aware and getting up without trouble, and said, "There is the spring of water that runs into a pool, just at the foot of my home on the other side, the creek runs on from there." The huge fiery bird flew up with that bowl to the platform above on this lighted pillar. Once there the phoenix looked over the edge, watching them at first.

The steps wound around the pillar along with the appearance of outer sides of trees in a bundle, a couple of times, until they reached the last step to come onto the platform. As they went up the steps going up around the pillar, Alastair said, "Ogres have been invading this country, coming from far in the north away from the coast there, and rather more often lately. They are aggressive and at least pester and abuse any people who encounter them, and they do not retreat except for our forces coming in large numbers to fight them off. They have ways to fight back, with simple huge sharp instruments for attacking, but our superior fighting was too much and they fled back. But when our defense diminishes they return again. So more serving as soldiers come in a new shift. I had withdrawn with others after my shift, which was for a couple of months, and for my outstanding attacks in combat there I was knighted. I was soon sent with other knights for the defense on the coast at the cliff overlooking the sea there. I had seen your .brother briefly, he was then sent with another shift of fighters when some of the ogres were returning from the north then.

"I would like to know if you have a condition that we should be careful. And if you knew of mermen and mermaids of the sea beyond the inlet, tell me what they are like. I was told that they are immortal beings. I wonder if that means they are from another realm. But there is danger from creatures out there too. And if you can tell me yet anything about that wizard that came to you and what demands he makes I want to hear it."

They came then to the platform with a fairly high bushy edge all around it, except where the small space was left for an opening from the steps right at the top, before Valeria answered anything. And she seemed overwhelmed at what was seen here. It seemed woody and firm, but from an opening at the center of the wide circle of this platform, there was something like a very bright orb protruding. There were large things rather like leafy piles each with a shape like a large beanbag formed into a low seat. By each of four of them was a wide bowl with items seen in it to one side, and something like a low cup, holding water, was on the other side of those things that must have been meant to sit on, with those facing toward the bright center. The bowl of water was near on this side of the glowing center. And something like a rounded box open at the top was nearby, just past the bright center. And a bushy plant grew from a pot looking like a coconut shell with potting soil held in it, past the protruding thing like an orb, to the other side. They could see the other platforms which were smaller at the ends of the protruding extensions in four directions.

The High Phoenix told them, "Sit where you choose, and eat and drink what is provided there, and if you ask things of me I think I can give you answers. When you would be tired there is bedding I think you would like on any of those further platforms enough on one for either one of you, and you may use it for any sleep you need."

Alastair listened for what Valeria would answer to him. He soon said, "I grew up through much of the time being an only child, but then my sister was born, when I was past most of my childhood and nearing manhood. My parents never treated me so well but they acted then like they preferred her."

He considered the extended platforms also with bushy edges. "So, each extension is enough for just one of us, where we would sleep when it is late?"

The High Phoenix said, "You may be tired enough before the sun goes down, it does not go through the sky as fast as any sun for other worlds."

Alastair said, "So this is really another world! I can't help but wonder if there is any way back from here to the world we were from."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast