Page 4 of 375 FirstFirst ... 2345654 ... LastLast

Thread: ❣ Breaking Boundaries ❣

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Coffee was brilliant. Colton was working on his sixth cup of it now. There was still plenty left in his mug so he offered it to Faye, "Careful you might catch something." He told her while making a gesture towards his mug. When she prodded the question of the base, he nodded his head this way and that. "It's definitely something. City is... an understatement."
    "What does that mean?" ArraBella asked as she followed out the door to go get food. "Does it have what a city does except more?"
    "You could say that." Colton answered her with a slow nod of his head.

So he was going to meet...? That's what she hadn't expected. Caitlin turned her head towards the door again wishing suddenly that someone was there. She hadn't the slightest idea where the research team was located. "Hold up." She told him before dashing out of the room. She moved down the hall until she found the head scientist arguing with a co-worker about the dynamics of gravity. "Hey, he wants to meet up."
    "Great." The man snorted with an added sigh, "Well, tell him to come to London, England. That's where the Americans are going to meet us. The research center."
    Caitlin slowly nodded her head before backing up to the room again. She picked up the phone and told him: "Kay. They'll be meeting at the research center in London, England."

​Beautiful Nightmare

Member of the Month October
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Yeah. He's dead. Blown away. Killed. Probably the work of your guys' favorite devil woman. Lots of people seem to hate her nowadays. She's an interesting one. Anyway, there's been a lot of hype about it, and if you weren't on that team it would be pretty useless telling you anything on the matter, but since you are, I'll be first to give you a heads up: things are probably about the get pretty different for you and your buddies."
    He still seemed pretty nonchalant about the whole thing and Zakai was getting a little nervous, "You think Tamara did it?"
    "Who else? The woman's pretty slick. People like her are known for getting things done pretty quickly without actually being wherever the action takes place. The best usually are. It happens all the time, but a lot of it is underground and kept close watch over, though an entirely separate party is in charge of that. You probably know more about the details of that sort of dirty work than I do since you're in on that sort of thing. Aren't you lucky?"
    Zakai wouldn't say that exactly, "But... how..." "Your terrorist got killed too, right? Only the lucky ones survive stuff like that. It's in convenience for different calculations to fall into play. A lot like those abandon buildings being blown up in the Isle of Wight. They're all components for a plan. That's where your job comes in. You're up to more than just hunting down certain criminals. If that's all they needed you for, they'd leave it in the hands of people with more experience in that field, right? That's not the sort of experience they want though, is it? Well, they probably have others in the case, but you guys must be worth something for them not to hand you over. Well, that's a theory anyway."
    This man was talking in riddles. He kept bringing up things that didn't make sense.

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I'll take my chances." Faye said taking the cup in both hands and brining the warm liquid to her lips where she swallowed a good amount. "Thanks by the way." She smiled and held it closely as it warmed up her otherwise freezing hands

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Colton led them to a small diner that was heated on the inside. He opened the door up and was immediately welcomed by early morning chatter of soldiers discussing whatever their hearts desired. A few of them had children hanging off of them or sitting in their laps, trying to steal their food. Others were alone reading newspapers, watching the television, or flirting with the waitresses.
    Colton didn't know if they had ever been into a place like this before, but it was pretty old fashioned despite one adjustment. He took a seat at the counter and moved his hand over a small circle. A small squared popped up in front of him that had a menu. "You just click on what you want and the cooks make it. It's then delivered by the waitresses. It also works in conjunction with your payment cards." He told them while taking out his own and showing them, "Once you make your order, place the card on the square and it rings up."

​Beautiful Nightmare

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Faye sat down and placed her own hand over the circle and looked over the menu. Without surprise she chose chocolate chip waffles and another cup of coffee. "That's awesome." She grinned as the menu disappeared and she looked over to the others.

Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Is that your theory?"
    "It's a theory. Never said it was mine to begin with. It's an interesting one though. We may be in a deeper scandal than just a dead vice president. Regular citizens are fine for now. It's times like these that we Americans are reminded that we have a greater purpose that no one ever cared about, which is basically to exist and say no to terrorism. It's pretty twisted actually. There's always some sort of force trying to reckon with us, and when there's not, there's some force we're reckoning with. This one just so happens to be in deeper water, and instead of just going back to their ordinary lives, citizens are starting to go back to their ordinary in fear that something actually might be threatening to them for a change, which when you think about it, it really is. Funny how these things work."
    He paused for a moment to write something down before continuing, "Anyways, there's things that that Tamara lady knows about that and other stuff that everyone else just must know, and apparently the only to get it is to kill you guys. I'm surprised she doesn't just do it herself, what with her weird powers and all that are hidden from the world, but maybe there's more to you guys and her that I just don't see right now. Luckily for you, though, you're not gonna get killed and this is where your unrecorded and mysterious value comes in. Apparently, the military wants you alive even though you guys are a pretty small subgroup. Still, it makes sense considering what you've done so far, though I'm not sure how others would see it."
    "What do you think about our value and the whole vice president thing?" "I haven't the slightest idea what might be going through the minds of our leaders and our enemies, but I like I said, I know plenty of theories that keep flying around. I'm just saying, conditions might be altered for you and your group. You saw what happened when humans suddenly became mutants and everyone went crazy for a while over that. That's still an issue actually. I worry for the well-being of those guys... or at least something similar to worrying."
    Last edited by DizzyMaelstrom!; 03-23-2014 at 09:23 PM.

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Blake moved his hand over the circle to just watch in surprise as the screen appeared. He hadn't seen anything like this before, even in the Isle of Wight where everything so high-tech. He took a look over the menu before deciding that he wasn't very hungry and just ordered some coffee. When he ran the card over it, the screen flickered off upon payment.
    "-zombie!" The soldier behind them insisted to his friend, "And he just shot him without blinking! That twisted bitch laughed!"
    "Really?" The man questioned him with a look of awe. "Man, she's so hot though. I'd like to have monster babies with her. Sink my claws into her if you know what I mean. She ain't the only one with a blade, eh. I'd make her scream. Tell you what, I'd be the real monster."
    "You're a freak." The soldier insisted with a laugh, "But I bet it would be even freakier in bed." The two roared with laughter and slammed their fists onto the table.
    ArraBella's face continuously turned green when she heard the two behind them start to talk. "That's so gross." She whispered to the menu. "... What if she hears them?"
    Colton turned his eyes towards the two and then back to ArraBella. "She bit someone yesterday. They had to be shot in the head for fear the person might turn into a zombie."

​Beautiful Nightmare

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Faye reached over to Blake after paying herself and linked her fingers through his. She waited patiently and also happened to catch the conversation between the two soldiers. "Oh my god." Faye gagged and covered her mouth for a second. "I agree with you Red. That's nasty." Faye shivered

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Blake glanced at Faye's hand when she linked her fingers through his own. He stared at one of her fingers for a moment, noticing how small and skinny it was. After a moment of staring, he turned his blue eyes away and towards the soldiers. Looking at them he could tell they were drunk, or at least on their way to being drunk.
    "How many soldiers spike their own drinks?" He asked Colton curiously.
    "Quite a few." Colton answered honestly before gasping, "Oh shoot! Faye, I am so sorry." He started laughing while taking his mug back, "Oh well. At least you didn't drink the whole thing. Won't even do anything if you didn't have a lot of it."
    "Are you serious?!" ArraBella exclaimed when he took his mug back, "Are you seriously drinking spiked coffee?"
    "No." Colton laughed back while shaking his head, "I can't drink alcohol after being assigned a mission- it's the rule. Or maybe I'm lying to you."

​Beautiful Nightmare

Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Zakai studied Isaac for a moment who was talking like this was nothing and normal, but he didn't trust how this guy seemed to know a lot of things that he'd never really heard before. He stared at him for a moment before crossing his arms over the table and resting his chin on them, "Do you think that a war is going to start?" "I think it'll become official. As for starting, it's already done that."
    The child nodded and still stared at the guy, "Why are you telling me these theories?" "Because you're a child who is mixed in with this danger and your life will be affected by this directly, probably. If it were anyone else on your team, then whatever, they can deal with it, but you're only a child. You require extra looking after, and you're dumb enough to avoid it when you can. Who knows you're here by the way?" "No one." "Exactly!"
    He wrote something else down then stared at the kid, "In a group of mutants and trained military men, you don't seem to fit in at all. Then again, you did survive San Francisco. You've got a scruffy appearance and an uncanny air about you, even though it's just a faint glow. Someone taught you how to survive and yet you still had enough childish passion to remain innocent throughout the whole thing... or at least that's how you come off. You must have had a lot of guardians take care of you, huh?"
    Zakai glared at him for a second. That wasn't any of his business.
    "What? You came here, didn't you? It's your fault since you have an interesting background and you insist on hanging around with someone as 'suspicious' as me." Again, Zakai knew he was probably right.

Page 4 of 375 FirstFirst ... 2345654 ... LastLast