Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: {M} Beauty and the Beast {Alanoth and Natora}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and medieval (but still like a modern fantasy from time to time.)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default {M} Beauty and the Beast {Alanoth and Natora}

{The following roleplay is rated M for alcohol, abusive language, and possible violence and sexual scenes.}

Duchess Marilyn Trumpette. That is what her parents named her. Fittingly, she chose to use her second name instead of her first and then tried to convince most people to call her Lyn after that. To walk around being called Duchess seemed much too obnoxious. She was now the personal executive assistant to one of the big shots in town. She didn't mind her work. The reason she had chosen it was so that she would have time to do what she actually enjoyed doing with her weekends and her free time.

She was in her mid twenties and had long brown hair that she streaked red or blonde, alternating between colours. In any case it was always long and framed her cute face and brown eyes. She wasn't the most stunning woman as all the magazines liked to tell her but she loved her look and she kept it the way she pleased. She had a fine frame with a set of wide "birthing" hips as her mother called them. She would use them that way but she had never found a man that appreciated her for all her quirkiness and didn't really spend time looking either. Sure she liked feeling appreciated by men but most would run as soon as they found out about her "fun", most using the excuse that she was "too dedicated".

She looked up at the clock. It was 4:55pm. She had five minutes left until she was allowed to leave for the weekend...as long as her sometimes jackass of a boss didn't slap something else on her desk. She would be ticked if she did but as always she would take the work without complaint, knowing that she was actually paid quite well and she did need the job. She sighed, saying a quick prayer that he woudln't say a word and continued to finish the quick letter that she was writing for him. It was just yet another press statement about something else that didn't matter as far as she was concerned. Why couldn't he use all his money to support an actual worthy cause? An animal shelter or a free clinic or something? Well, she knew what she would do with the money anyways. It surely wouldn't be wasted on herself.
    Love, Peace, and Happiness!!!

Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Parody/Fan-Fic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alanoth James Kynareth, one of the most unusual names to ever grace a birth certificate this century. That was the full, written name of the owner of Casamir Financial Incorporated. It was the only true corporation based here in town, and had been around for about three family generations. The founder had been Alanoth's grandfather, Casamir Lirian Kynareth himself, who had in fact paid for the land which consisted of about half of town. That was where the generosity ended, as ever since the Kynareth's have been known as nothing more than the local big shot rich snob family who owned half the town and "allowed" the town council to build on it.

Alanoth formally used his name only when representing his company personally in big time business deals or other necessary negotiations. For the most part he went by James, hell the only reason any of his assistants knew his proper first name was because of the times they had seen him sign a contract or document for them to fax over. He wasn't exactly known as a desirable employer, but he actually preferred it that way. Having what some called "moderately handsome" features, a rounded jaw with an immortal five o'clock shadow, charcoal black hair that was never greasy, brown-hazel eyes, and a slender form that when he dressed casually revealed how much he enjoyed swimming in what little spare time he had.

At that moment, he was wearing an unbuttoned suit coat and glowering down at his desk. He had only just gotten off the phone with Ned Beardsley, CEO of a large time business partner company. The company had gotten word of the time Alanoth lost his temper while in a bar, and had decided to save heir own necks politically and popularly by pulling out of the partnership. This would look bad for him, and since they were his third biggest partners, his company risked suffering greatly. So he got up, buttoned the center button of his suit, and walked out to the front lobby, walking right up to his assistant, Mary or Maly or something like that. "I need you to set up some sort of meeting with all of my major partners, as soon as possible. I don't care if it takes them an hour to be convinced to show up, just get them to meet with me immediately. Tell them no matter what Ned Bastardsly says, I'm still a trustable partner. Then start work on a speech for me to give them."
    Why don't I stick with just one roleplay genre/forum/site/method? Because limiting myself would be sooooo boring! - Alanoth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Duchess smiled up at him as he came to her desk and heard him out. Of course the partner had backed out! If they were smart they all would and he could see what it was like for normal people. In her mind she had dropped her head to her desk then stood up with the binder of all the speeches she had written him thus far and smacked him over the head with it. In reality, doing that would get her fired. She simply nodded and gently said, "Yes, Mr. Kyraneth."

She turned back to her computer and started typing up a speech and meanwhile picked up a phone to make the first call. It wasn't to any of his partners. It was to her friend. She had intended to go out for dinner with an old friend to catch up. She quickly cancelled apologizing greatly with the promise to reschedule later on before going on to call all his other partners. It took her near three hours to set something up that all the partners could live with along with his current schedule. She had had to convince three of the partners that he really wasn't a bad person and that Mr. Beardsley's informants were mistaken. She sighed when she finally finished and stood, printing off a copy of the speech for him, almost three pages, and then walked to his office door, knocking before walking in.

"Your appointment," to try and convince all your partners that you're not as self centered as you really are, "is set for Monday afternoon during lunch. I am having a Italian cuisine ordered and brought in for all of you and you will have two hours before your next appointment that afternoon," she said to him, thinking that one part to herself. She would never actually stand up to him. That wasn't who she was.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alanoth had known his assistant wouldn't say no despite it being five minutes until her contractual time for departure. She was one of his few assistants who he had never heard complain or even threaten him with the law about him disobeying contracts constantly. He couldn't give a damn's ass about how people viewed him normally, and the only employees he actually employed were those with the patience for his temper. After all, why pay someone who's going to give up at the first sign of trouble?

After giving her her assignment he had gone back into his office and sat in his chair, looking out the very large window that gave him a view of most of town. He had built his mini skyscraper on the very spot that his grandfather Casamir had first set the headquarters of the company. It was a good spot he had to admit, on a bit of a hill, the tallest one in town, and gave a nice view of the whole area. Almost like he really did own the entire town like all the satirists joked. He only owned half, so what was their big deal?

Three hours later, he had almost nodded off for a nap, having calmed down significantly from earlier, when his assistant came in at that moment. The knock had awoken him first, and he appreciated that she was the only one who actually knew how to knock. Though of course he would never admit that vocally. He glanced up at her with an uninterpretable neutral expression. "Thank you...I know it's past your scheduled time so you may leave for the day now. Just remember to keep on call in case I need something." He went back to papers, working on the rest of his speech so that he would have it memorized to the point of being able to speak it out casually.
    Why don't I stick with just one roleplay genre/forum/site/method? Because limiting myself would be sooooo boring! - Alanoth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She smiled to him stiffly and nodded. "As always," she said to him simply. She left the office and grabbed her purse and jacket, near running to the elevator so she vould avoid getting trapped into doing something he "forgot to mention". Her stomach was growling loud enough that she was worried he would hear it through another room and into the doors. She stepped into the elevator and took it all the way down, careful not to say anythig negative about him while cameras were around.

She went home, taking a cab. Where else would she go? As much as she did make working for him, she never saw the point in buying a car. She walked to work in the mornings and normally walked home. When it was dark out, however, she refused to walk home alone. She went inside and changed quickly before making herself some macaroni and cheese. "That no good, goodie two shoes, can't do anything nice for himself," she started venting at the food and continued until it was all mixed together.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alanoth would remain there at the office for some time, working out his speech until much later on. In fact, when the clock he hardly ever looked at on the wall read 11:37, he had only just finished writing it up and felt satisfied it was enough brown nosing to satisfy the partners. It was about six pages long, but he could easily shorten it into about two minutes of talking and reassurance. He had always had the orator's gift, perhaps he should get into politics...

Suddenly his phone rang and he glared at it, picking it up. "Who is this?" He growled into it. "You really should get home soon, sir." It was the ever calm and almost annoyingly collected voice of Ms. Potts, his head housekeeper. She acted something of a nanny for him, making him meals, and even letting him know about mail and when a reasonable time to get home was. Like now.

"You called me for that?! I'm working here!"

"I know, sir, but after midnight your driving gets very erratic. You could get hurt unless you start now."

He sighed and rubbed his temples, finally realizing that he was tired. "Fine, I'll be there soon. Have some coffee ready for me, you know what kind." He hung up, put his suit jacket back on, and then walked out, locking the doors as he went to his Lamborguini. Hey, if you have money, spend it. He started the engine and drove home, ignoring more than one stop sign because cops never patrolled this area. He stopped at the lights only because others usually didn't see him coming and might hit him. No need to ruin the car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Duchess was up until 11:30 that night watching a sappy love movie. She looked up at her wall clock, brushing away the last of the tears. She laughed at herself and got up, turning everything off in her cozy condo. She went to her bed and wrote in her diary for fifteen minutes, venting about her boss until she sighed, finally admitting to her diary things that were hard to normally admit.

Maybe he is kind of terrible but it's too bad. He is so hot. And sometimes I think that maybe all the mean and rudeness might just be a facade to keep all the nasty things that can happen in business out. He's got some good in him somewhere. Maybe one day I'll see it.

She put her diary away and then pulled her teddy bear close to her. It was something childish, sure, but it was all she had left of her mom. Not even a picture to help her remind herself of the lovely woman. She closed her eyes and easily went to sleep.
    --------

An old beggar woman walked up to Alanoth's window and knocked. "Spare some change or gloves, sir?" she asked in a very crooked and struggling voice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As Alanoth waited at the last light between him and home, he thought for a moment as he often did about his assistant. Why was she so enduring despite his anger issues and rudeness? IT had always perplexed him how Ms. Potts did it, but then again she was old and so was more patient with age.

So why does Mary, Marl...Marilyn, put up with it? She was the only assistant I've ever had who didn't frown even once at the workload the first week and the only time I've seen her tired she hid it quickly. Maybe she wants to keep looking good, which isn't too hard for her. A frown does supposedly detract from one's looks.

Alanoth was startled as he heard a tapping at his window, and he looked out at the old beggar woman with his nose wrinkled in disgust. Great, now he would have to get the window washed! He angrily rolled down the window as the light turned green, then gave her the one finger salute. "Go die in a ditch where you belong, hag!" Then he pushed her away and drove off with tires squealing. What did he look like, a freaking charity?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The old woman stumbled back as he pushed at her. She stood there, watching him speed off down the street. "We shall see then on Monday. We shall see," she said to herself before disappearing back into the darkness of one of the nearby alley ways.
    -----
    The next morning, Duchess woke up fairly early for a weekend morning. She was up at nine o'clock sharp. She smiled as the sun kissed her, shining in from her windows. It wasn't the most luxurious apartment but she really didn't need much she thought. It was what she could afford with what she earned. She got out of bed going to have a quick shower, doing as any girl does, and sung for about a half hour. She was a movie star. In her shower. Hopping out, she got dressed and had a quick breakfast before leaving the house at eleven. She walked for only ten minutes until she got to a homeless shelter.

She went inside and signed in quickly. She was a weekly volunteer in the soup kitchen here. She served lunch on the weekends and it was the only time that she actually turned off her phone from Alanoth. She never told him that but she hadn't been called on during a lunch hour on Saturday ever so she didn't care much. The few hours went well and she hung around, chatting with a few of the homeless. Most of them were absolutely wonderful and the few that weren't she avoided.

When she was done, she went back home and had a quick dinner, getting changed again before going to a pub this time. She clocked in and started her shift. Her boss knew of her other job and how demanding it could be. It was part of their agreement that she leave if need be. Mr. Kynareth may have paide her well but rent kept getting more expensive for some reason so she needed something else to help make ends meet. The pub was only a few blocks from where she lived so it worked well for her, only having to work weekends and the odd weekday where she was the only one left to call in.
    Last edited by Natora; 01-20-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alanoth had driven straight home, grabbing his coffee and then taking it with him to look over his speech in his office at home. Well, his third office. Having a very large manor home, he had many rooms, including four that branched off from the main bedroom. Two of those rooms were his offices, one for files and reading the other for whatever necessary computer work needed to be done. As I'm guessing you've surmised, Alanoth worked a lot, in fact as much as he possibly could. Why do anything else except make more money?

After another hour or so of revising his speech, he tiredly rubbed his eyes and went to bed. As he changed into some flanel pajamas he noticed a strange itch along the back of his neck. Upon inspection he saw nothing, just the usual somewhat thick hair on the back of his neck. Hang on. He checked again, he always had his neck waxed. What the heck was up with that? Had he missed his waxing apointment last month? HE decided to ignore it and rectify it tomorrow after work, since he only ever allowed himself a half day of no work.

That next morning he noticed that he needed to trim his facial hair later on but ignored it, irritated by the itch that had traveled around somewhat. At work he was his usual crabby, grumpy self, making everyone who had to work that day grumble as usual. IT wasn't anything new, he just seemed to be a little more irritable than normal. His employees ignored it, and he just kept on working and making money. After all, you can never have enough money, right?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast