Thread: Anyone know if there's any writing workshop things going on here?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Anyone know if there's any writing workshop things going on here?

So back in university when I was doing my Creative Writing course, there'd be writing workshops every other week. Everyone would write a themed piece, bring it in, and everyone would discuss each others piece - what went well, what could be better, just what the thing means and how different people interpreted it, that sort of thing. It was a good learning experience.

It's been a year or two since university ended and I've done anything like that. Looking for local writing groups hasn't been particularly fruitful, so I'm wondering if anything like that is present here?

If there isn't, I'd like to try my hand at setting such a thing up, but I'd have to ask the question of which part of the forum the damn thing would go in.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I would suggest putting it in the Creative Writing section!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

The April extravaganza usually does a writing bit as part of the contests, but sure, that would be a fun thing to do. Monthly or weekly?

To make it easy, you may want to have it as a flash fiction piece, 2,500 words or less. Otherwise you're reading someone's 5,000 page epic first draft.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I would suggest putting it in the Creative Writing section!
    Best place for it, I suppose. Could set it up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    The April extravaganza usually does a writing bit as part of the contests, but sure, that would be a fun thing to do. Monthly or weekly?

To make it easy, you may want to have it as a flash fiction piece, 2,500 words or less. Otherwise you're reading someone's 5,000 page epic first draft.
    I'd like to try it being a weekly thing. It'd help in practicing getting pieces out quick. And 1,000 to 2,500 sounds like a good word count. 'bout the same as the pieces I did for uni.