Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [M] The Ultimate Origin of Things (IC) OPEN!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Trad Fantasy, Sci-Fi Horror, 1x1 romance, anything thoughtful in structure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] The Ultimate Origin of Things (IC) OPEN!

He strode confidently through the halls of stone. He'd often heard the servants of the castle complain of the crushing atmosphere in Lord Vataal's quarters, and, to the commoner, such an attitude was to be expected. Emperor Vataal, despite his station showed little interest in refinement or art or the aesthetic quality of his surroundings. Indeed, the halls he now traversed were made of pure stone and lit by crude torches. A simple red rug ran along the floor, leading to a large set of oak double-doors, behind which were the Emperor's personal chambers. Upon approaching the door, he grabbed the handle and pushed open.

Luthor Vataal sat in a finely made, if not simple, leather chair, sitting near a bright, burning fireplace. Vataal's attitude always conveyed an intense disinterest with his surroundings, even in the fire of battle. Such an occasion was no difference. He sat with his chin in his hand, eyes peering into the fire. Upon noticing his entry, Luthor made no movement other than to briefly shift his eyes to get a look at who had entered his chambers. The man who had entered occupied a very important position with the ranks of Luthor's empire, allowing him to enter Luthor's chambers unannounced, such an audacious act would have likely cost a servant or guard their life. Luthor's cold blue eyes returned to the fire.

"The meetings will be starting tomorrow, I take it."

"Yes, my lord. We received word earlier today. The officials are pouring into Ostbaum as we speak. It is, as you expected."

At this, a uncharacteristically pleased smile crossed Luthor's regal features. "Yes. Just as was predicted. Most interesting...most interesting indeed."

The lively smile faded, however, and Luthor returned to his half-dead state. His expression shifted to its usual look of boredom and his eyes went back to the fire.

"There is no rush in mobilizing the armies. Let them have their meeting, they'll not make the first move."

His visitor arched an eyebrow at this.

"Are you certain? A preemptive strike would be far better, holding will give them time to set up their defenses and--"

"Do as I say." Luthor commanded, his voice cold and venomous, but still barely any louder than a whisper. His eyes fell back onto the fireplace. He said nothing more.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    His blue eyes gazed into the fireplace of the inn. It was something he'd always found comfort in, ever since he was a child. The flames danced and crackled with life, and the warmth felt good in the cool, Autumn night. They'd arrived in Ostbaum, and were now staying in one of the smaller inns on the outskirts of town. Carth's nose wrinkled in disgust when he considered the job he'd been given.

He was guarding a lowly lord traveling to this meeting of Kings. So lowly was he that he had been forced to pay for room in some dank inn outside of the aristocratic sections of the city. He was asleep upstairs. Carth meanwhile, sat downstairs in the main floor of the inn, finding no sleep. He gazed out a nearby window, seeing a crescent moon hanging proudly in a cloudless night sky. Tomorrow he'd show the lord to the Castle, and be free after that. It was something he couldn't wait for. This lord was particularly obnoxious, jabbering excitedly to his advisers and peers along the way about the opportunities for diplomacy and alliances, such blatant political opportunism disgusted the half-orc mercenary, though perhaps his way wasn't much better.

What was he doing anyway? He'd spent the last few years wandering aimlessly, taking jobs where he could find them and sleeping in whatever bed was open. Yet, at the same time, was there any justification in having some kind of plan, like this irritating lord? To be a man who dedicated himself wholly to achieving a single goal? How strange that also seemed. How frustrating it all was.

He looked back into the flames, allowing himself to escape those feelings of uncertainty that had plagued him lately. He made a note then and there to explore the city and escape his unease with some of Ostbaum's pleasures and comforts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was a clear an beautiful night, a light breeze rustled the leaves, the perfect cresent moon shone down on a lone traveller. A tall powerful figure, cloaked in a midnight black shroud. Vos looked to the sky, an simply enjoyed the peacefull silence, and the presence of nature untouched by man. As his horse continued to trot down the relatively empty road, he turned his eyes back onto the path ahead of him. In the distance, he saw the lights and shadowy outlines of buildings against the nighht sky. Ostbaum, the city in which the fate of the whole continent was to be decided. Sighing, he didn't exactly know why he was attending. And without an assignment, there were plenty pf juicy targets at the meet. Another sigh, Vos hoped he would be able to find the answers in Ostbaum.

-

Reigning in his horse outside a inn just on the edge of the city, he jumped down from the saddle. Two pairs of suspicous eyes followed him. Watchmen, standing guard outside the inn and stables. Vos smirked from behind his plated helmet, a mere movement of facial muscles; his eyes held no humour, the guards were less of a threat to him then a scorpion would be.

But since they made no move to hinder him, he dismissed them from thought. Leading his horse to the stables, he spotted a travel carraige and a few other horses. The carraige was fairly wll decorated, indicating somebody with money. But from the poor choice of curtain covering and wheel design, that someone had little to no sense of taste. Tethering his horse, he slung the two bags hanging from the saddle over his shoulder. He didn't think anybody would, but just incase he muttered a hexing ward. Feeling a slight loss of energy as his words weaved reality to his liking. Now he would know if anybody had tried to temper with his horse.

He stode into the inn. Requested for some decent drink and food, along with a room for the night. Then wordlessly settled into a corner to wait for his food, not bothering to make note of the room beyond the fact that the only other figure in the room was beside the fire, posing no threat to him.
    Derp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ostbaum, one of those cities "Richter" Solaris couldn't stand at all. It was the capitol of a small kingdom and due of it's central position in Cyren a important trading point so there was a lot of thrash to get rid off.
    The young woman walked along the way toward the city, she was wearing a white cloack over her clothes so it was extremely easy to spot her in the light of the cresent moon.
    Suddenly three men appeared from the bushes armed with swords and axes;
    "Look 'ere mates, it's a 'oman! Now cutie 'ust give us 'our gold and 'othing will happen you." Said the leader of the band. Solaris was unshaken and dropped her cloack, revealing the claymore on her back.
    "What if I refuse?" Solaris asked cold and crabbed the sword, "I'm 'Richter' Solaris I'llamun of rank 'Fechter' and you have been chosen to be the first to be punished!" Solaris said and dashed right in front of the men and kicked the leader in his knees. The man fell on his knees with loud shout as the reinforced boots smashed his kneecaps. Simulatously Solaris brought her sword on his neck and wih one clean cut excecuted the man like a profecional executor. She then turned to the other men but they were already running away from her while screaming in fear.
    Solaris cleaned her sword with the shirt of the dead thug and put it back on her back, she then grabbed her cloack and continued her travel toward the city.
    "Damn, now they warn everyone in the city, I should have not let them run..." Solaris thought and sighed.

---

Half an hour later Solaris entered a small inn in the poorer part of the city. She hoped to find more "criminals" there but the tavern was almost empty. Only two quests were in there and both seemed to be from somewhere else. The one was wearing an armor and the other seemed to be a mercenary of somekind. She couldn't see them clearly but their posture was so clear that she didn't have any problems with them.
    She took off her cloack and revealed the short white dress she wore (and her large sword) and sat right next to the door after ordering some wine. The war that was starting would bring her a lot of work and Solaris was really excited about it...
    Thank you Bia for the amazing Signature and Avatar!

Spoiler: Gangnam Style! 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

-The next morning....

Carth awoke the next morning rather early, shaking off the fatigue of too little sleep. He gathered his equipment, left the hotel, and stood outside on the streets of Ostbaum, awaiting the arrival of his employer, who was still upstairs in his room. The irritated half-orc folded his arms and leaned against the wall of the tavern.

Despite being only early morning, the city was already lively with activity. The inn, situated on a cobblestone road just outside the wall-section of the city where Ostbaum's nobility and aristocracy resided, had its fair share of patrons running about, ordering breakfast or heading out the door to go about with their errands, many of them stopping for a moment to gawk at Carth. It was something he was relatively used to in this part of the world. Orcs were generally a rarity this far away from Vindslaga, and half-breeds like him were even rarer. He turned and looked back into the inn, seeing his employer, Lord Arthuis Tennon, mincing down the stairwell of the inn accompanied by his poorly equipped guards. Lord Tennon was a smallish man, standing nearly a foot shorter than Carth and likely weighing barely any more than half of the muscular half-orc. Lord Tennon stepped out into the streets and formally turned, standing directly in front of Carth. His several guards scurried out afterwards, forming a semi-circle around the small man. Dressed in his purple garments, the frilly lord looked at Carth with characteristic condescension. Carth suppressed his anger, knowing full-well he could kill this foolish man and his pathetic guard with relative ease.

"Well, you have seen us to Ostbaum safely and in time for the conference, mercenary." Lord Tennon declared in a voice far too formal for Carth's tastes. "I expected a much sloppier journey given I was guided by one of your stock, especially considering how cheap your services were." Carth said nothing, merely staring at the small man, knowing perfectly well that the lord, overseeing such a small and pitiful land could not afford anything more. Taking Carth's silence as a an inability to find a reply, Tennon's expression became insufferably haughty. "Your silence speaks volumes...and perhaps it is better that way."

Growing tired of the Lord's antics, Carth's expression darkened. "Give me my money." Tennon wrinkled his nose in disgust, and withdrew a small leather pouch from his belt, tossing it to the half-orc. He checked the pouch, seeing it was indeed full of coin. "Now leave." Tennon's face assumed a look of indignation.

"Pfah! You think to tell me--"

"Now." Carth growled lowly, finally fed up with this foolish man's disrespect. Tennon's expression twitched, briefly melting into terror before reassuming a look of feigned dignity.

"Let us leave this brute." He said shakily, failing to fully mask his intimidation. Unable to help himself, Carth let himself grin broadly, showing off his sharp, orchish teeth.

'Good riddance, you petty fool,' Carth thought bitterly. For all Tennon's talk of the importance of this meeting and the concerns and points he had to make, Carth was certain that Tennon's input would inevitably be pushed aside as the powerful kingdoms of Thelia began to seriously discuss the future of this region and Luthor's incoming armies. Carth gazed down the road, the Ostbaum royal palace standing proudly above the rest of the city like a beacon of humanity's achievement. Some of the most influential people on the continent were there right now...

And he didn't give a damn. Carth looked down at his coin, knowing that somewhere, back in the inn's tavern, there was some liquor with his name on it...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The great hall of Ostbaum's royal palace was a magnificent sight to behold. Its marble floors shined brightly, massive pillars were placed in the corners of the room, sustaining its high ceiling, large windows let in the bright sunlight, and beautiful tapestries adorned the walls. In the center was a great table of oak, intricately designed to be only for the wealthiest of peoples, in this case, a King. At the front of the table sat Kaze Zachan. The King leaned back in his chair, stroking his goatee as he waited for the gathered crowd to silence.

At this table sat lords and kings and queens from all over Thelia, gathered in his kingdom to discuss a certain political unification and massive army that had just formed to the north. Slowly, the discussion died down, and the guards settled into their positions. Kaze gazed upon his fellow rulers for a moment, allowing the room to become silent for a few moments.

"I will not waste your time, nor will I attempt to decorate my speech with flowery words, my friends," Kaze leaned forward, folding his hands and resting them on the desk. "To the north, at this very moment, Luthor Vataal is gathering a massive army, not only of professional soldiers, but of the savage barbarian tribes that have always populated Vindslaga. None of us here are uneducated, and the historical records of what has happened in the past when one man, especially one from such a violent region, has accumulated this much power so quickly," Kaze did not finish his sentence, letting the implications speak for themselves.

Throughout recorded history, there were instances of Vindslaga barbarian chieftains, human and orc alike, uniting most of the tribes under their banner and marching on Southern lands like Thelia. It had not happened for several centuries now, but the stories of the invasions live on. Indeed, parents still tell their children tales of the monsters who came from the north, burning and destroying everything in their path.

Kaze looked at his fellow rulers, some of them looking at him intently, others fidgeted and shifted with discomfort in their seats.

"But Luthor has made no movements or even indicated that he plans to march south yet," Came the first objection from Torias Banon, Lord of Erstland, a decent-sized kingdom located in eastern Thelia.

"Not yet. But does one simply amass that kind of army for no reason? Even as hostile a region as Vindslaga is, such an army is not needed to sustain a rulership, especially when the entire region is united under one emperor!" Kaze retorted. That response sent Banon back on his heels.

"So...what is your proposal?" Banon inquired. Kaze paused, collecting himself.

"I propose that all the kingdoms in Thelia form an alliance, and we collectively prepare the region for all-out war," Kaze said resolutely. That proposal brought the entire room into an uproar, with every person present shouting their objections and opinions all at once.

"This is absurd, Lord Zachan!" Cried Arnas Fren, a lord from the southernmost region of Thelia. "An entire chunk of landmass stands between Vindslaga and my kingdom, you expect me to send resources to the north? Let the northern kingdoms deal with this threat!"

"We lack the resources to hold off such an invasion, and you are mad if you think I will
    let my people shed their blood for your benefit and receive nothing in return!" Shouted Norlan Heideg, a fiery-tempered king of one of Thelia's northern kingdoms.

"Unification is madness!" Came another shout of dissent. "Such a massive alliance would be wasteful and infringe upon my kingdom's sovereignty! We would be better off preparing individually for Luthor's supposed invasion, should it ever come!"

"Have we even the resources in all of Thelia for such an endeavor? We might just be wasting our resources with such a move. What of the rest of Cyren, have they offered any support?"

Realizing he was losing control, and seeing an opportunity, Kaze seized it.

"ENOUGH!" He shouted, standing up and slamming a fist on the table, bringing a strained silence to the room. He looked at the man who'd asked of the rest of the continent. "The El'Rheans promised a representative here...though she was reported to be running a bit late...and we have been attempting to establish contact with King Rodgar of the Dwarves."

"A wasted effort." Came the crushing rebuttal. "Rodgar hasn't established contact with anybody in Thelia for the last century, the last human king...hell...the last non-dwarf he spoke to is probably long dead!"

"That is not true," Said a feminine, melodious voice. Standing at the table was a shortish female figure, her long blonde hair hung freely from her head, and her almond-shaped eyes were a striking shade of emerald green. The distinct green tunic she wore marked her as one of the rangers, one of the most famous politically independent organizations in Cyren.

"I am Valandria Galanodel of the Rangers, sent here to represent the Rangers and to make two declarations. First, the rangers offer their full support to King Zachan's plan. Second, As a personal friend of King Rodgar, I will be traveling to his kingdom in the mountains to discuss what has come to pass on the rest of Cyren. My only request is I am provided with soldiers to assist me in my journey by the kingdoms of Thelia.

"We cannot do that, Ranger." Banon said cordially, if not a bit sharply. "The only way to the Dwarven kingdom is through Vindslaga, if Thelian soldiers are found passing through Vindslaga, it might provoke Vataal."

"He has a point, elf." Kaze conceded. "Our hands our tied on this, I can perhaps personally fund your mission, but I can provide no personnel. You will have to find those on your own...Have you any knowledge of the El'Rhean representative?"

"I do not," Valandria said. "Though, I assure you, the El'Rheans are, for the most part, quite willing to discuss involvement in King Zachan's plans.

Kaze frowned, hoping that the elven ambassador would show up. Perhaps they could get something out of this almost disastrous meeting yet...
    Last edited by TheShadeofBlue; 02-09-2013 at 06:05 AM.

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Not wanting to interrupt on top of her tardiness, Ka'ia had slipped through the door as quietly as possible. The fact that she had to speak out now, and in front of so many people, terrified her to the point that she almost couldn't begin to speak. She took a deep breath and approached the tables, deciding to just get it over with. "I-I am the representative you speak of, your highness. My name is Kaaiatharas, of the El'Rhean communities.
    "It is without question that Luthor Vataal must be stopped. It is also true that my people are willing to discuss the King's plans. However, a discussion is not the same as an agreement, nor does it always lead to one. An alliance will more like than not be easy enough to arrange with my elders, it is only sharing a government they resist. Our freedom from the oppressive intrusion that is sure to come with an established government is of dire importance to my people. So long as neither freedom nor justice is compromised, we can agree to peace and declare a common enemy with just about anyone.
    "That being said, the number of soldiers we can promise relies entirely upon the choice of each individual soldier. Our army is only institutionalized for organizational and training purposes; there is no draft. As we lack what your cultures call 'government', it is hard for me to say what the majority of them will decide to do. I can only assure you of two things: that I will deliver this message to my elders as quickly as possible; and that they will in turn inform the people, who will pursue whatever action they determine is best. I am merely a messenger bird, and my elders merely guides, albeit well-respected and trusted guides."
    Shy after having said so much, Ka'ia sat in one of the empty chairs. Still feeling eyes crawl all over her face, she blushed.
    Last edited by trouble.muffin; 02-10-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vos looked at the proceedings with great interest from his perch in shadows near the back room of the council. His stealth wards prevented him from discovery, though several guards lay unconcious on the outer patrols. They would wake up with nasty headache and no memory of what had transpired.

At first it was the mere bickering expected of human leaders, fickle minded and generally useless. Then a ranger strode in, an elf, one of his own kind. And as she began to explain her presence here, Vos quickly saw the chance forming before his eyes. The Ranger needed escorts, the humans were pathetically refusing to send troops. He could, and would provide such escort. Just then another elf entered the room, dressed in a robe barely covering most of her lithe figure, the elf meekly presented her case to the human leaders and then sat uncomfortable, with her head low in one of the seats.

He raised an eyebrow, the Ranger's getting involved were understandable, but if the Elf council actually bothered to sent a ambassador without escort, means things were indeed serious. He gazed back the Ranger in the room, Valandria Galanodel. He had heard of her while still serving in the rangers, and by the time he had left, even at her age, she had already acquired quite a name for herself. And the Elven council representative. For even though Vos hadn't been to El'Rhean for over a decade, and hadn't had contact with anybody from the council for over 30 years, he still owed duty to the Elders, and most elves did. It was a matter of honour.

Still moving silently and inconspiciously, he slid into the seat behind the Elven representative and continued to watch events unfold.
    Derp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kaze nodded, considering the elven woman's words.

"Let me assure you that I, nor does any ruler that is a part of this alliance have any designs on establishing a government in El'Rhean. We are content to leave your people to their own affairs, but I must press that we require your assistance..."

So the discussion continued for many hours, debating the possible course of action, considering all the possible factors that might require consideration, predictions of what Vataal might do, or what might provoke him. Late in the afternoon, the meeting began to come to an end. In the end, very few of the kingdoms threw in their lot with Kaze's proposal. Even fewer, however, flat-out refused to join. The majority, and indeed, the vast majority, remained undecided. With the discussion coming to a close, Banon, so wise and respected among the other rulers, came to speak for the undecided.

"As it stands, King Zachan, though we understand your fears concerning Luthor Vataal's armies, we cannot entrust our soldiers and resources to this cause...However, we are aware of the promises you have made concerning help from outside of Thelia. I think I speak for all of my fellows when I say that, if you can guarantee the support of the lands outside of Thelia, I will readily join your cause...but until then, it seems far wiser for our kingdoms to focus on their own preservation, rather than Thelia itself."

Kaze nodded, frozen by the declaration. He said nothing, and merely nodded, slowly sitting down. As the discussion died down, the leaders all shook hands with one another and returned to their chambers, leaving Kaze, Valandria, and Kaaiatharas.

Slumped in his chair, he looked at the two elves. Valandria returned his look, gazing at the human ruler with a stern expression.

"You cannot be surprised, King Zachan," She said. "You knew these rulers would be reluctant to form such an alliance, many of these men have met on the battlefield in the past."

"I'm well aware, Ranger." He retorted. "But there seems to be little I can do in the meanwhile, there is no way I can persuade the foreign rulers to come to my..." His voice trailed off, his eyes twinkling with the inspiration of the new idea. Valandria frowned, realizing he was looking at her. The king stood up, and slowly approached.

"What?" She asked, her frown widening.

"I certainly cannot do anything..." He began, pointing a finger at the ranger. "But YOU might be able to! You're not just an elf, you're a legendary ranger! You've been all over the world, you've met many rulers from all over the continent!" His voice continued to elevate with excitement.

"Hold on, I never agreed to--"

"Your mission is to assist me in forming my alliance, yes?" Kaze interrupted.

"Well, yes, but--"

"And gaining the trust of the kingdoms across Cyren will assist me in that, yes?"

"I suppose it would."

"Well there it is!" Kaze declared, grinning. "Rest assured I will fund your journey and aid you in whatever way I can!" The king clapped his hands together and looked to the elven ambassador. "If it is alright with you, m'lady, I would have Lady Galanodel accompany you back to El'Rhean and speak with your elders on my behalf." At this point, Valandria held up a hand to stop the enthusiastic king.

"Rest assured, King Zachan, I planned to return to the forests of El'Rhean after this conference," The elven ranger declared, sighing loudly. With that the king bade the two goodnight, directing them to where their rooms were and leaving the two elves alone in the hall. Valandria sighed and sat upon the table, crossing her legs and looking to her fellow elf.

"King Zachan is a wise and capable man...despite what you may have seen today," She said reassuringly to Ka'ia. "Humans in general...they seem incapable, foolish even, but their resolve is truly remarkable. The elf stopped and paused, sighing.

"You can come out now," Valandria said aloud. "A stealth ward is not especially beneficial when in the presence of elves if it fails to mask sounds!"
    ----------------------------
    Carth returned to the inn tavern after some time, taking a seat by the door and folding his muscular arms across the table. He'd seen enough of the city, and was quite exhausted. Having ordered his room for an extra day, he decided he'd stay in Ostbaum for another day, and then set off on the road again. He had no idea where he'd go from here, but he suspected he'd go north. War was brewing, and if he was to find work, it would be there.

One character at the tavern caught his attention. It was a woman, a pretty blonde human. She wore a white dress and carried a large sword. Normally, Carth would make a snide remark about trying to compensate for something...but it clearly didn't apply here. He eyed her for a moment, trying to make sense of who she was. No normal person dressed like THAT and carried such a well-crafted weapon.

"Hmm, looks like Thelia's drawing sellswords before the damn war has even begun..." The half-orc muttered to himself. After all, he was here, and he was a sellsword.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Felkythr Vos let out a sound he assumed to signify amusement, though it was more of a growl then then chuckle. He rose from his position behind the Elven representative and walked out infront of both women. He pulled back his hood and slid of his armoured helm, which at the same time dismissed the stealth wards embeded into his armour. To almost anybody watching, it would have seemed that the air infront of the elves shimmered before an outline took shape, in the form of a tall warrior clad in black.

Sliding his helm to a hook on his belt, he flashed the Ranger a smile that little warmth. "The Rangers chose well when they selected you to be their leader, Valandria." He bowed his head for a second in acknowledgement of her skills. "I've yet to meet one who has been able to detect my presence and live." Turning to the other lady. This time he gave a low and scincere bow from the waist, wards unactive his armour crinkled noisily as he bent. "My lady, I apologize for not introducing myself, but any friend of the Elders is a friend of mine. My name is Felkythr Vos, former Elven Commander, Ranger, and now sellsword along with the occasional assassination. At your service, and seeing from the previous discussion, you do indeed seem to need somebody of my particular field."
    Last edited by Reaper; 02-10-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    Derp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Solaris had slept in the inn but hadn't enjoyed it much. she prefered fresh air and loved to sleep outside without any useless garnaments but in a city it wasn't possible to sleep outside, at least it woudn't be comfortable.
    As she sat in the tavern and ate a light lunch, Solaris noticed the same man she had seen last night in the tavern. She had not seen him clearly but the stance was idential so it had to be the same man, and it seemed he was an orc, or half-orc, Solaris couldn't see enough differences to say what he was but the man seemed to look at her.
    Solaris snugged and ordered another glass of vine...
    Thank you Bia for the amazing Signature and Avatar!

Spoiler: Gangnam Style! 

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Ka'ia was grateful to only be in the presence of two others, especially with one being an elf. She realized she was going to have to get used to the idea of spending less time alone, but definitely wanted to ease in to it. "While I normally prefer to travel alone, it would be an honor to go back to El'Rhean with you, Valandria. I must admit that you are an idol and an inspiration to me." Her cheeks grew hot once more, knowing she had said too much. "If you'll excuse me for now, I really must get myself something to eat before we head out. I'll meet you at the inn, if that's agreeable." Barely waiting for Valandria to nod, Ka'ia rushed out the door and scolded herself for sounding so eager the entire way to the inn.

Once there she sat away from all of the other patrons and ate her stew in silence, washing it down with four or five mugs of ale to calm her nerves. How big of a task have I signed myself up for, anyway? Knowing that her sense of obligation would not allow her to part ways with Valandria in El'Rheal when so much help was still needed, she wondered if she had bitten off more than she could chew. Could King Zachan's plan work and truly eliminate Luthor Vataal? It seemed to good to be true. If anyone can organize and lead a group to victory against Vataal, she decided, it's Valandria.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast