Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Deepsea Dweller & the Dweller of Asher Skies (OOC) [ZiekwaltZier & NoviDome]

Sovereign of Twilight
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Romance, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Slice of Life
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Fantasy [M] Deepsea Dweller & the Dweller of Asher Skies (OOC) [ZiekwaltZier & NoviDome]

Name:
    Cyreus

Race:
    Merman

Height:
    6'2" Tall

Tail Length:
    4'0" Long.

Weight:
    235 lbs.

Biography:
    Cyreus has lived in the sea ever since birth having never gone on land as growing up his parents told him of the heinous atrocities the land dwellers have committed against the Merpeople so they have told him to stay away from the surface. Even so Cyreus being a curious and inquisitive person can't help but become curious about the surface world and what lies above the water. Cyreus often goes out scavenging for things that fall to the Sea floor from above and collects them as trophies and trinkets hiding them from his parents and has been building the courage to check out the surface. As his parents have even told him about the eternal battle between the Merfolk and the Sky Dwellers who rule the sky.

March Member of the Month
    Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Name:
    Ike

Race:
    Avian

Height:
    177 cm

Wingspan:
    3.5 m

Weight:
    50 kg

Biography:
    Ike got his first pair of wings when he was only 11. The sky dwellers construct their wings from the finest of feathers, preferably albatross or eagles or even vultures. Meticulously crafted, they are attached to leather straps with which the user can bind them to their torso. They put their wings on first thing in the morning, and only take them off at night when they go to sleep. Only the Avian people can fly with them, for they have evolved to be natural lightweights. Their bones, like their bird brethren, are hollow. Their body fat is practically non-existent, and their intestines are small and delicate, forcing them to live off of a light diet. Their skin is tanned to protect them from the sun, but thin and easily broken. They don't retain fluids very well so they need to drink regularly. Most sky dwellers frequent the many fresh water lakes that lie near their coastal colony, where they have built a wonderful village up in the trees, but not Ike. Ike lands a fair way away from them and goes the rest of the way by foot. He shuns open water to the best of his abilities, to his father's deep disapproval. His father holds the title of the colony's chief of battle, and leaves no space for questioning when it comes to the matter of his son following in his footsteps. Though they all know - but don't ever say - it shouldn't have been him. It should have been his older brother, Sol, but he isn't around anymore. Sol fell victim to what some of the youngsters in the colony thought was a harmless little prank. They loosened the straps on his wings while he was asleep, and Sol didn't notice until it was too late. By that time he and Ike were flying out to sea to do their share of spear fishing, and Ike will never forget the scream his brother let out as he slipped from his harness and plummeted into the ocean below. Ike dove after him to try and save him, but his brother disappeared under water and never resurfaced. Ike's wings got wet during his frantic search for his brother, and he barely made it out of the water and back home. Ike's father, to this day, is convinced the merpeople had something to do with his son's death.
    Since then, Ike has never gone spear fishing again. He never really liked it in the first place, it always felt... cruel. He sustains himself with various fruits and grains, and always, ALWAYS double checks all his straps before flying. The whole colony knows not to touch Ike's gear, or he'll flip out.

Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Okay gosh darn I've been trying for almost an hour now to upload pictures to my post and I can't for the life of me figure it out so here:

https://imgur.com/a/AG7hNUO

(for some reason it gives a warning for erotic imagery?? Maybe because there's a shirtless man. But there's nothing erotic there, don't worry)

- - - Updated - - -

Soooo plot wise: I'd like to discuss

- how they meet
    - I'm assuming we want them to fall in love
    - is there an end goal
    - what are the obstacles/challenges

Sovereign of Twilight
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

alright so we could have them meet when he's on the surface. Yes we want them to fall in love eventually and at the moment I haven't thought of an end goal but they could go through the challenge of having to keep their relationship secret from their families due to conflict sorta like romeo and juliet but the sky and sea.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

yeah cool! Can Cyreus move on the surface?
    I thought what could also be sick is if Ike gets in trouble and ends up in the water and can't get out anymore and Cyreus rescues him? It will have to be a really serious situation for Ike to end up in the ocean though

Sovereign of Twilight
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I havent really decided if I wanted to make it so he could walk on land but be stuck in the water only able to be taken around by being carried. We can definitely have it where Cyreus has to save Ike. Maybe Ike could end up being attacked and fall into the ocean where Cyreus saves him.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yesss that could be cool! He'll be EXTREMELY freaked out then haha
    Maybe the land dwellers attack their colony during the night and he takes off in a hurry and gets caught up in a thunderstorm that carries him out to sea?

Sovereign of Twilight
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yeah that sounds like an idea!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Cool! Okay another question, where is this world at technology-wise?

Sovereign of Twilight
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Think somewhat modern but only to the point they have black and white televisions

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast