Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M | IC | Roses on Sullied Hands | Dire Hoef x Luminous Heaven

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"Alduin? How fares the news on your end?"

His thought-process was interrupted when Faun entered the room. He sighed as he looked up from the map, and paced over her; his stride barely breaking. "It fares well enough. Our guardsmen are prepared for the Wave, but it mustn't be a battle of attrition for if that were to be the case, then we'd surely lose. As for the Ripper, I've sent for my Adviser to post a task across the region, hoping to grab someone for the job. In other news, Runewolves as well as Undeath have been spotted in the region.. But I've sent for Hunters and Battle Clerics to handle that. However, for there to be Undeath and Runewolves in the same place means trouble for this Wave.."

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Faun sighed and placed a hand on his arm to get him to stop pacing. "You'll burn yourself out if you keep this up. Come." She led him over to a chair and forced him to sit down, before going back to his lunch and bringing it back to him. "Now go ahead and finish it. You may not be hungry, but try and eat anyway, while I tell you what I wrote for the other houses."

She pulled up another chair and sat directly across from him. "Just as you told me during breakfast this morning they all had a theme and that was the fear of necessary loss. So, I thought if they didn't listen to reason maybe they would need some proof and what better proof than what they're hiding from the public. House Grisha's water supply is no longer viable, so they've been importing water from house Lestle. House Ocenna has the most knowledge on eradicating the sickness that has come when the black magic started spreading, having them on our side would be most beneficial. House Tannis is an ally to my family, they have been ever since their food shortage years ago, and I know for a fact that House Tannis has a personal vendetta against the Nighthaunts. I have yet to pull any information to sway house Kiel and house Shadis, but hopefully when I'm out assuring our people I will pick up something to pull them to our favor. And don't worry about the nation's stock, I have sent word to mother and father so I am sure they are willing to help along with our allies the Erving's. "
    Spoiler: Signature 

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He took his seat, and finished the lunch while quietly listening to his wife. And when she was finished, Alduin was more than impressed. He was shocked.

The intrigue of this woman was something to not be trifled with, and Alduin came to learn this well. He gave a stiff smirk at this information.

"Blackmail. That is certainly interesting. Your level of intrigue is most impressive. I will support this action in any case. The Wave will be here within the fortnight, so it's best to gather who we can before that time."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She returned his smirk with one of her own- secretly taking pride in his praise. "Ah but remember dear we are just merely empathetic in their plights, afterall we all have a common enemy. I imagine we should have replies by the end of the week." Her attention then shifted to the window and nodding she stood and straightened her dress before focusing again on Alduin.

"Alright, I must be going now but I shall see you at dinner." She leaned in slightly then stopped catching herself quickly. A slight blush dusted her cheeks as she nodded at Alduin and made her leave. 'Too close'.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He took this into account. He didn't want to be too forward in the idea of blackmail, but it was certainly what it was. So he simply kept this forwardness to himself as he watched her lean forward towards him, almost insinuating something romantic. But due to Alduin's blunt, and inept, nature at "reading the room," this clearly went over his head. He raised a brow to it as she exited the room.

And after she was gone, he set about to his study where he would spend a good part of the day reading and writing in silence But as he was dozing off in the middle of his writing, a fleeting memory came back to him:

He could see himself, standing there amongst a battered and destroyed battlefield; ground soaked with blood and steel. He could see, across the vast swathes of devastation, a city that was being laid siege by an invading army.. His army.. He could hear the shrilled screams of innocents being cut down like butter to a knife.. He didn't want to listen, but he had to for he was a soldier and soldiers follow orders... However as he stood there, cringing at the sounds of wanton death, he could feel his soul burn with a fire unlike any other. He felt himself slipping before he fell into primal desires.. He leapt into the fray thereafter, and slew anything that moved.. Even his own men...

He shuttered awake at the sound of a butler who informed him that dinner was ready. Alduin, who seemed a bit soaked in his own sweat, told the butler he'll be there in a moment and proceeded to clean himself and assure himself that he was not what people feared him as. After that he headed for the dining hall, continuously reminding himself of such a thing.
    Last edited by Dire Hoef; 08-22-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She had spent the better part of the late afternoon and early evening going around and putting citizens at ease about the oncoming and informing them of the safety protocols and probable evacuation routes if things got out of hand. Finally her last stop was in sight and before she entered the tavern she put up the hood to her cloak. Taking a booth right in the middle and leaning back Faun closed her eyes and began listening to the conversations going on around her. A lot of the patron chatter was either unassuming or information she already knew.

"Good evening milady."

"Noah."

"The usual?"

"Please."

"Of course, one ale coming up. And I feel it would please milady to know that house Kiel and House Erving have been working on a hunt for some time now, and they have in their custody...a runewolf."

Her eyes shot open and she stared hard at the waiter. "Noah that is a very serious accusation...a-are you sure?"

"Yes milady, I saw the beast with my own eyes just last week."

With a sigh, she stood and discreetly handed a small sack of coins to the waiter, before leaving the tavern and heading back to the estate. Kiel and Erving? Just what exactly are they getting up to? What are they planning? Why capture instead of eliminate? And why is it such a secret between just those two houses. Something wasn't quite adding up and try as she might Faun could not figure out what. She hadn't even realized that she made it home until she looked up noticed that she had followed Saris and Elise back up to her dressing room.

"There you are lady Domme. Elise and I were starting to worry that you left us for good this time."

"Oh, I apologize...I was just thinking."

"We know my lady- no need to explain, let's just get you freshened up for dinner."

Doing just that Faun was thrust into another bath and forced into another dress- albeit a bit simpler this time before finally having her hair done in a simple braid.

"There, now you can just change into your evening wear, once you're ready for bed."

"Thank you ladies, you are dismissed for the night, sleep well." At that both handmaidens curtsied then took their leave and with one last look in the mirror Faun made her way down to the dining hall herself.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

And upon Faun's arrival, she could see that Alduin was a bit shaken but seemed more or less composed. He was staring into his bowl of soup that one of the servers had given him to ease his apparent tremors.

He looked up from his bowl before glancing around, his eyes having fallen upon her. He gave a stiff nod at her approach.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She frowned softly at Alduin's appearance, he looked like he had just seen a ghost- or rather he's still seeing it. Completely bypassing the place that was set for her she sat down next to him and placed a hand on his. "My dragon, you are shaking and you are pale. What happened? Are you alright?"

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"I am quite alright.. Just some post-war fatigue is all.. It is been quite awhile since I left the battlefield, and it's all swirling back to me. I'll be fine with a goodnight's rest.. Now, let us eat. I'm sure you're famished after the day's activities." He tightened his grip on her hand, using this sensation to calm himself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Alright, but tonight I will sit here. It is quite refreshing to look at a different wall." She said with a small smile as her thumb rubbed gentle circles against his hand. A maid brought her plate to her and she used her other hand to begin eating. "We don't have to talk about anything right now, let's just enjoy dinner, okay?"

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast