Thread: Lookin for some 1x1

B
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy? Weird? Dark? Maybe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Lookin for some 1x1

Hiya,
    I've been gone away from any roleplay action for a long time, so I'm super rusty when it comes to writing. The beginning of the year I wanted to regain some of the creative hobbies I'd neglected for too long. Slowly that has meant art but I realised recently that I wanted more. So I'm looking for up to 2 or 3 partners to get into some 1x1's and get creative.

I'm from Australia so my timezone might be a little weird. Outside of creative activities my main hobbies reside in the very opposites of gardening and video games. I'm typically a hermit outside of work.

Spoiler: Expectations 

Interests
    • Typically anything fantasy is good. Modern/ High/ Whatever else.
    • Adventure and/ or Discovery sounds nice right now.
    • Weirder settings can be fun.
    • I'm open to short RP settings.

My hesitations.
    • I've never done too much for horror.
    • Don't have the knowledge for high science fiction settings.
    • I'm not typically down for anything fanfiction.
    • Romance as the plot.

On the matter of romance.
    I'm not a fan of strictly romance RP. I don't mind there being build up over time, or naturally occurrence. However romance is not something I seek to RP write, and don't like writing as a main focus.

Loose ideas
    I have a couple ideas which need some decent fleshing out, I'm not entirely sold on them. So I'm open to other settings. If I have more ideas I'll be sure to update them in this post. But if you have a cool idea, I'd be interested to hear them out.

Spoiler: Not Quite Modern / Alternate World Monster Hunting 

Spoiler: Fantasy 

Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Mature, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Greetings!

I have been terribly/wonderfully distracted from here lately with the new Pathfinder game that came out, but if you wanted to hop into doing some 1x1 stuff I have a list in my signature of RPs that are available. It sounds like you might be interested in trying some new RP themes out, or are those listed as things to avoid? Keenly noticed, the off-brand monster hunting scenario is basically one of the stories already set up as well.

B
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Since I've been away for so long I was thinking of sticking with closer to home interests. I did check our your threads, in particular Sorority Slayers. It's not quite what I'm after, the school based setting isn't for me unfortunately. I don't want to ask you to rework it, but maybe we could come up with a similar setting together instead?

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I have time for role-playing involvement in here left, I love opportunities to write including creatively with others in this way. I would like using fantasy, I can come up with settings but in this site with involving others' writing I will be flexible for their input. I would keep going with the writing, I have time for starting something for writing with you largely because in other threads I got involved in others have dropped away. If you wonder about my writing and if that would be why others dropped out you may certainly freely look at threads I have posted in, for seeing how I would be involved.

B
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What sort of fantasy do you like? Or nothing specific and we can work up to something together?
    I'm feeling some sort of quest / adventure could be enjoyable right now. But happy to work out a setting with you.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    What sort of fantasy do you like? Or nothing specific and we can work up to something together?
    I'm feeling some sort of quest / adventure could be enjoyable right now. But happy to work out a setting with you.
    Most of what I have been doing with use of fantasy is more of low fantasy. But where it is desired I could get into high fantasy. I would not be doing fanfiction myself, I am more creative and if I find anything really likeable of others' creations I would tend to use those as inspiration for what I can come up with. If you would like quest and adventure writing I will really get into that.

I use this world in much of what writing I involved myself in as it is expected in general, fantasy elements can be brought in. But I can always use more fantasy in the writing and it can tend to be more my creations than anything of classical fantasy. So even high fantasy I take part in writing for would not be all conforming to things of classics some are more familiar with.

I like things of antiquity, or parallel to it, much more than what is modern in setting, and what is previous to the industrial era. Further into antiquity has more possible for creativity. And there can be connection in some way between somewhere in this world and somewhere in another world.

I will be ready to put things together for a setting and what can initiate an adventure in our writing. I still would want to hear what things you will like for including, I would be as inclusive as I can for it, and let it guide my ideas too.

Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Mature, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Since I've been away for so long I was thinking of sticking with closer to home interests. I did check our your threads, in particular Sorority Slayers. It's not quite what I'm after, the school based setting isn't for me unfortunately. I don't want to ask you to rework it, but maybe we could come up with a similar setting together instead?
    Indeed, I am happy to set up new stuff as well. I have been setting up other stories while waiting for activity to pick up, but honestly this new RPG I was given has been enthralling so I have not been checking every day for once. If you want to try a new setting, let me know whats sharpest on your mind and we can make an entirely new story if you would like.

B
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyD&D View Post
    Most of what I have been doing with use of fantasy is more of low fantasy. But where it is desired I could get into high fantasy. I would not be doing fanfiction myself, I am more creative and if I find anything really likeable of others' creations I would tend to use those as inspiration for what I can come up with. If you would like quest and adventure writing I will really get into that.

I use this world in much of what writing I involved myself in as it is expected in general, fantasy elements can be brought in. But I can always use more fantasy in the writing and it can tend to be more my creations than anything of classical fantasy. So even high fantasy I take part in writing for would not be all conforming to things of classics some are more familiar with.

I like things of antiquity, or parallel to it, much more than what is modern in setting, and what is previous to the industrial era. Further into antiquity has more possible for creativity. And there can be connection in some way between somewhere in this world and somewhere in another world.

I will be ready to put things together for a setting and what can initiate an adventure in our writing. I still would want to hear what things you will like for including, I would be as inclusive as I can for it, and let it guide my ideas too.
    Just want to double check where your thoughts for low fantasy exist. As in, a setting based in a completely different world, which has mostly normal humans and low magical/supernatural/etc themes? Or something else.

AS for time period, am I understanding correctly in that you are meaning something prior to a middle-ages setting, or would that be inclusive? Just trying to understand correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corrik55 View Post
    Indeed, I am happy to set up new stuff as well. I have been setting up other stories while waiting for activity to pick up, but honestly this new RPG I was given has been enthralling so I have not been checking every day for once. If you want to try a new setting, let me know whats sharpest on your mind and we can make an entirely new story if you would like.
    I can understand that all too well, hope its a good one!

I'll give a good think and see if I can come up with anything fully new.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Just want to double check where your thoughts for low fantasy exist. As in, a setting based in a completely different world, which has mostly normal humans and low magical/supernatural/etc themes? Or something else.

AS for time period, am I understanding correctly in that you are meaning something prior to a middle-ages setting, or would that be inclusive? Just trying to understand correctly.
    I want you to know I am open-minded and flexible for this. I am comfortable with writing for the fantasy in places of this world, and of circumstances in other worlds that are imagined. In certain writing I have even included connection for crossing from this world to another such world. It would include humans, of which I count elves and dwarves included along with the mantypes. It would include other creatures too, not all hostile but some might be. I don't have much magic happening but there are powers of supernatural energy that can be shown, that are often understood by many as magic. Yes, I rather like settings to be before industrialization, which can have those around the middle ages, or any time before those, late or early antiquity, or maybe in stone ages. It would be in times of there being more respect widely of supernatural things.

Yet quests and adventures are called for to make writing of such things really interesting.

I would like getting started in shared writing with the role-playing. Please do let me know your ideas, for what we can work with, for something interesting, and maybe we can start soon.

B
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

That all sounds perfectly fine to me.

As a base starting point, perhaps we could work on two factions. An empire/ kingdom/ land our characters are originating from, and their journey toward this other people. Maybe whoever is leading their homeland is seeking some form of alliance with them.

I know that's basic, but looking for a starting point is hard.
    Apologies about the slow response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast