Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [OOC] The Adventures of Dr. Lazarus' Paranormal Science Adventure Team (Ep. 1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [OOC] The Adventures of Dr. Lazarus' Paranormal Science Adventure Team (Ep. 1)

IC

Doctor Ethan Lazarus!

World-renowned adventurer!

Super-scientist!

Paranormal investigator!

Single father.

When Doctor Ethan Lazarus is not out saving the world he is locked up in his secret underground laboratory, curing diseases, solving world hunger and otherwise staring into infinity, leaving his lone daughter to her own devices (and also to screen his telephone calls).

Welcome to the world of Dr. Lazarus' Paranormal Science Adventure Team (total membership: one).

Meet the other Dr. Lazarus: Xinling "Cyndi" Lazarus, Dr. Ethan Lazarus' precocious yet lazy pre-pubescent daughter. With the tranquility of her tea-sipping, cake-eating days shattered by the endless cacophony of summons for her illustrious father to investigate the unknown or save the world from mortal peril, Cyndi finds herself unwillingly taking up the Lazarus mantle so that she can get some peace and quiet.

Oh, but every super-scientist-cum-detective requires a sidekick; this much is certain.

A posting on the local community bulletin board outside the supermarket ought to do...

And this is where our story begins: an answered ad, a flimsy interview and then it's off to save the world, solve murders and unravel dastardly conspiracies...

It's the Adventures of Dr. Lazarus' Paranormal Science Adventure Team!

In all seriousness, ladies and gentlemen, this RP was made as a sort of homage to all things cartoony. Ridiculous violence, slapstick and sophomoric comedy is expected throughout.

All that is missing is you.

Are you a plucky recruit who answered Cyndi's clarion call (ie. her bulletin board advert)?

Are you a supervillain with a silly theme?

Are you a member of a certain government agency trying to keep things on the downlow?

Whoever you choose to be, dear viewer, I promise that much of the damage will be collateral and that little is safe or sacred from the marauding Paranormal Science Adventure Team.

Given that we are dealing with super science, the Lazarus estate exists simultaneously in several locations on Earth all at once--be it the French countryside, a villa in Sardinia, atop a New York skyscraper, a Brisbane suburb or the moon. And what a wonderful plot device it will be.

The character sheet will be nothing too fancy. Just a gist or a sentence or two will be fine.

Spoiler: Character Sheet template copy-pasta 
    Last edited by sneakyonfoota; 02-24-2011 at 01:15 AM. Reason: IC link added

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Cyndi Lazarus (Liu Xinling Lazarus)
    Personality: Lazy, yet brilliant. Sometimes lacks common sense and prefers cunning (yet overwrought) solutions to problems. Has a bad habit of underestimating adversity.
    Appearance: a petite young girl whose hair is styled into impossible ringlets and favours elaborate, antique clothing with a slight "gas lamp" bent. Mostly takes after her mother.
    Brief History: A recent MIT graduate despite only being eleven. She thought that once she completed her studies that she could kick back and do nothing with herself until she was 18--how wrong she was. She is fluent in several languages and has a peculiar trans-Atlantic accent. She had a pony once, but it "flew away".

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players?

A Pilgrim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Justin Hephmire
    Personality: confused would be the best way to describe Justin he's either completely oblivious of a situation or aware of but confused on what exactly he's supposed to do, he's manic at times and catonic at others and shifts wildly between the two depending on how much or little something interests him.
    Appearance: he's short for someone his age, he has light brown hair he keeps shaved, and brown eyes, he's recently started wearing sunglasses and a collared shirt with a sleeveless vest sort of his interpretation of a super hero costume
    Brief History:Justin was an average highschool kid when, during Biology class the pig he was assigned to dissect turned out to be radioactive, thanks to his half hearted attempt to wash his hands some of it got into his mouth sparking an amazing transformation, his sense of smell became heightened! he could now smell crime! he also gained the equivalent strength of a pig, he couldn't lift a car or anything but if he punched someone it would hurt really bad, like definitaly going to be some bruising, he also grew a pair of tiny invisible neck arms but he didn't discover those until later. With these new powers and the knowledge that chicks dig super heroes he decided to fight crime, he became known as 'The Scent Sense' scourge of evildoers. Unfortunatly an ability to smell crime and a moderate increase in strength does not protect against bullets, things went south fast. Defeated and shamed he was about to move back to his parents when he discovered an ad in the bulletin board from a Dr. Lazarous, feeling that this must be his calling, he set off with a new goal and happy in the knowledge that he wouldn't have to admit to anyone that the whole crime fighting idea was stupid and would get him killed!
    _________

this is still going on right? ooh hope so!
    anyhoo there's my character hope everything checks out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I can begin almost immediately with that.

A Pilgrim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sweet! go Team Lazarus! (I assume we'll be calling ourselves Team Lazarus, or maybe The L-Gang?)
    Last edited by Kiall; 02-21-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We'll see how it goes. I'm playing Cyndi to be extremely detached from things and as a deliberate downer. I will probably be throwing in more characters as necessary, but hopefully we won't be alone in this RP.

IC link in the first post.

An Apple Pie of Angry
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, but I'm open to all! VM me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I may be interested... I'm sleepy and not reading right, so I'll look at this again tomorrow!

Thank you Hayabusa for the Sig and Avi.

Alright everyone. Thank you for your time. This is a link to the thread explaining my departure from RPA. Stop by for the read if you have a chance. And catch you all on the flip side

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your business is appreciated.

An Apple Pie of Angry
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, but I'm open to all! VM me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmmm bumbling villain or another on the team would be preferred?

Thank you Hayabusa for the Sig and Avi.

Alright everyone. Thank you for your time. This is a link to the thread explaining my departure from RPA. Stop by for the read if you have a chance. And catch you all on the flip side

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast