Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror and Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why Are You Here?

Dream Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's really cool Troy! I'd love to do this and I'd love to hear everyones stories! I don't know if I'll make a video...and if I did I'd feel more comfortable showing my face than I would my chest DDD But I'll think about it.

And dannggg sexy chest ;D

Queen of Awesome
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

I love it!

Thank you Troy for doing this and sharing your smexy accent & chest!

Can't wait to see what people put up in response! But please, keep it clean peeps, mk?

(and nice camera work Zak!)
    Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good video Troy! Your camera crew did a really good job...

This question is a great one, and it does really make me think. When I watched the original video and you told me how you wanted to apply it to RPA, it made me realize some stuff. There is much more to the members of RPA than meets the eye. Everyone has their own life, their own problems, their own things that drive them outside of RPA. And I think we tend to forget that.

Now, to start answering questions: Why are you here?

Well, the whole reason I'm on this site to begin with is because Troy here, who I am good friends with, told me of this story he was starting, and linked me to the OOC. I read through it and decided it would be fun to try this out; you know, something different. I've been a writer for a little while now, and enjoy it thoroughly. Having never written anything in an RP, I thought it might be interesting to basically write a story with a whole group of people. So I joined the site, enrolled in the RP, and that was it. Well, while we were waiting to get the IC underway, I was browsing through the site while bored, and found the Downtown section. I was hooked after that. It was really great just having that informal, fun place to hangout and talk to people (Im a very social person, I like to talk with people) I started to make friends, and people really made me feel right at home (well, most people ) And that's my story. Joined for a RP, and went to Downtown! I still enjoy doing the RP, I find it really fun, but 99% of my time here is spent in Downtown. I guess it really is the social aspect that keeps me coming back to RPA. Its the same way with playing on xbox live. I've met some really cool people here and I like to talk to them

Who are you?

To start off simple, I am a 18 year old male, going to college, trying to find my place in life. I love food, friends, fun, and fellowship. My hobbies include writing, playing teh xbox, airsoft, playing the guitar, and of course school. (unfortunately lol) I'm a fairly simple person, not to extravagant, but I'm definitely not boring to say the least! I just don't fill my life with lavish things, and tend to enjoy the little things in life. I live out in the country and enjoy it greatly, but I am not a redneck in the least bit. I am a educated, fun, caring guy who loves the outdoors. You can find me doing anything from playing on xbox live, to chilling out playing some music on my guitar, to hanging out at the mall with friends. Reading is also a favorite of mine. My friends are very important to me, as well as my Faith. I love my country, yet not fond of my goverment, and a strong Christian. I am who I am and I am me

I am Zak

I walk alone...

The muffin this city deserves
    Horror and Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha thanks you guy, Of course I do wish my muscles were as big as they were when I played football, but oh well. Anyways you all should make a video response. That would be cool.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

My dad got me hooked on rpgs when I was a kid. But game books are so expensive. I wrote a simple homebrew system but had to use guerrilla tactics just to share it with others - and got snubbed a lot. Then I found the Townhall Talking-In-Character forums on WebRPG where you didn't need expensive books and complicated systems - someone came up with a concept and people played.

And I had fun.

But there were problems - server crashes that wiped out posts, slow times, too many to mention. People left. There wasn't any games to play.

And then I found this place. ^ _ ^
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Queen of the Seas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So is this your excuse to show off your voice and your body for attention?

I would have watched the entire video, but it was like sitting in a lecture class with a professor who doesn't have a head.

As for I, some, if not most, people recognize me from the original RPA. It's basically my second home now and a getaway from the real life stress. Some people like me and some are just not fond of me (which, frankly, I don't care. As I always say, if you have a problem with me, tell me). Regardless, I can't just peel away from RPA. GZ brought me to Iwaku and then he brought me here--I was a forum gypsy I suppose, but even other forums aren't truly the best like this one.

thanks hayabusa!
    lol bringing the dragon eggs back:

The Snail Whisperer AngelicAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because what the fuck else is a lazy ass like me supposed to do?
    Thank you Luth! <3
    Wanna become a better writer? Check out my mentor thread! It's sexy!
    Spoiler: Click me! 

The Pure One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Simple answer to why I'm at RPA without getting gushy and wierd...
    Where I am I'm a very wierd guy, I'm generally a weird guy but its extra where I am especially for a black South African, just liking rock makes you a wierd person. This place puts me with poeple who are just as wierd, or poeple who like my wierd. This place allows me to just be. Its nice to not get riduculed or be forced to defend yourself on basic questions. My blackness my Cultural history, my everything isn't questioned becuase of my accent, or lack there of, etc.

As for the role playing....er...I like writing, I write all the time. This seemed like to good outlet to grow as a writer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I thought about making a dramatically narrated typography video thing, but that'd probably just annoy folks, especially when I'm obligated to say...

I'm here because it's a thermodynamically favorable state to be doing this over something else.

But really, I used to be a part of a much tighter, well, at least to me, roleplaying clique a few years back and it was a blast. Back when I was capable of actually posting in an RP reliably, when my bouts of madness didn't cripple my ability to focus, back when everything seemed lovely. Events took place and it started to unravel. Ever since, I've been searching for something to fill that void. I stumbled upon RPA at some point in my travels and keep stumbling back. It doesn't fill the hole, but it's better than nothing. And nothing to any of you, but I don't really feel like a part of this site. I'm not an overly social person, and that's what this feels like. I walked in on a society. Y'all put up with it because that's what friendly blokes do, but why I'm here is an excellent question. I really don't know. I'm looking for something I'll never find, and this is a stop along that journey, I guess.

As for why roleplaying? Well, I think it's an excellent way to think. Almost everything I know, I know because of some RP or another. I learned an obscene amount of science, from physics up to sociology because of a scifi RP I ran forever, I learned a good deal of military this or that from RPs, some of the more substantial stuff here. I even learn obscure geography of places I somehow end up being in every now and then because of RPs I've been in. RPing has been a better teacher to me than any school I've ever been in, and that's why I keep coming back to RPs. RPA is just the best RP site I know of.

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast