Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a question to the opposite sex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Depends. Are we interested in that person or in love with them?

If it's complete sobbing, for no reason, it's annoying and we just want you to shut up and hold it inside.

If it's genuine, we immediately feel like we somehow caused it and want to fix it instantly.

The Land of Egypt, in the Palace of the Blue Star of Isis.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Adventure, Sci-fi.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When a guy says to a girl "It's not you, it's me" is that true, or are you just trying to be nice and lying completely?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We'll tell you white lies all day to not hurt your feelings.

No, we don't realize that lying hurts you more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why do guys get mad when they can't "fix" something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cause we are stubborn and get disappointed in ourselves if we can't fix something.
    Meet me at the corner
    And tell me what to do
    Cause I'm messed up on you...
    Receding into the forest
    I will lay around in wait
    And I'll wait for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is it when a guy breaks up with a girl, he doesn't show emotion, but when a girl breaks up with a guy, she feels bad for it later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
    Oh my god. I think you guys are becoming better writers just within the role play! Non, I think that was your all time best post ever ever. I'm the GM and I'm surprised as hell.

I feel like I'm losing control of this RP, but not in the bad way. You guys are starting to surprise me I love it.
    Best compliment of my life 5/11/2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guys are supposed to be considered the "tough" ones, that's just how society believes guys should act. Getting emotional in front of a girl kills that image that guys are tough and unable to be hurt and just asks for society to mock them. Even if a guy isn't showing that he is hurting it doesn't mean that the breakup isn't affecting him.
    Meet me at the corner
    And tell me what to do
    Cause I'm messed up on you...
    Receding into the forest
    I will lay around in wait
    And I'll wait for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well, guys show they are tough, mainly for others and themselves. Though I have been told many times that girls would love a guy who is more emotional, but not the one crying over your shoulder every single day. But yea, we try to act tough because then we know it was our own doing if anyhintg happens.

One thing that has questioned me about the female race, let alone both males and females it contexting. How the heck do you get two opposite reactions from a prase if it is said by a guy or a girl? For example, a woman says she isn't wearing underwhere. For a guy it means "Jackpot!" , or he is getting lucky. for a girl it is something like this in her head. oh boy, where is that we gotta go girl? or how do I break it to him?

Nothing can't be settled without remembering that in case of emergency is abreviated to ICE. Which Ice can be used to make cool things such as drinks or ice cream. So when asked what element of dragon you want to be with. Ice is the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonangelic92 View Post
    Why is it when a guy breaks up with a girl, he doesn't show emotion, but when a girl breaks up with a guy, she feels bad for it later?
    Biological imperative. Women have at the core of their being the idea of raising kids. They have the most at stake in a child and are more important in the process of raising a kid. Part of raising a kid is 'being motherly' and part of that is showing compassion. All people have compassion hardwired because we need to rely on one another to not die, but it's even more prominent in women as they need to nurture the fragile offspring and perhaps an element of leading by example. From compassion come the rest of the irrational emotions, so women have a more prominent set of emotional responses.

Men on the other hand have evolved as the provider. They're physically more developed and have parts of their mind more geared for solving problems and getting practical things done. Socially, this has translated into the protector idea that men need to look out for the rest of the herd and we've come to associate a level head with being a good protector. This, paired with the less emphasized role in child-rearing, makes for a far less emotional being, as it gets in the way of the primary goal of a man, which is to look out for the herd.

I speak, of course, in generalities. There are certainly exceptions to that rule and I'm not trying to offend anyone, just applying biology to answer the question.

Security of Mem

I know this is a very general question and it's generalizing it a bit to far. But, I want to know why young ladies take things personally? Like in a recent relationship with a girl, she wants me to talk about how she feels about us. Earlier this year we decided to slow things down a bit because we were always together we became frustrated with everything. So now she has these weird talk to me days. And she wants to know about us. But whenever I say something about us, she goes and changes the us around to an I..meaning it's about her, "I can't believe you said that about me"...but I didn't I was talking about us. Why is this?
    Why do most of the females I meet do this? I don't understand.

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast