Page 1 of 45 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] 'Hunted' OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Psychological, Dark Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default [M] 'Hunted' OOC

Rated [M] for scenes of possible violence, gore, coarse language, sexual situations, drug abuse and religious content amongst other things.

Hunted

Escape, Futile. Memories, Lost. Emotion. Panic. Death.

---

You awake, naked and stripped of all possession.

You recall nothing of your past. Your memories come back in flashes as you look around your environment, jumbled and blurred as your mind attempts to recollect your identity.

You see glimpses of others, all around. They are pale, flickering, like ghosts on the wind.

You are embedded with a deep sense of dread and the vague realisation that you are being hunted, although by what you do not know.

You run. They run with you.

One by one,

You fall.

---

You have been transported to a planet - a hunting ground - by a superior species. You have each been placed in a different dimension slightly out of sync with the others. Your companions appear like apparitions to you; you can see them, you can hear them but you cannot touch them. Those hunting you can jump between dimensions to pick you off, one by one.

The Setting;

You awake to find yourself in a forest. The weather and sounds differ in each dimension.

The Hunters;

Foxglove Crow

Messengers for a higher species that spend a lot of time spying on their master’s prey. Although they do not attack unless provoked, in their presence, humans experience more vivid flashbacks and find fear is far harder to shake.

Esqu / Dire

The demon vulture pair rejoice in the misery of others but, unlike most monsters, are capable of practising patience in order to gain greater satisfaction. Whilst some might gain hope from this, it usually turns out more gruesome in the end. They are best known for their riddle games. Their prey is posed with questions of increasing difficulty. If they answer correctly, another riddle is posed. If they cannot, the duo turn bloodthirsty and strip their prey of flesh. Skin the body and dice it apart – Esqu and Dire always enjoyed the sound of screams after a long, patient wait.

More species will be added as they are discovered IC.

The Roleplaying Aspect;

All character awake in the same setting albeit in different dimensions.

The terrain and obstacles are the same. However, the other players cannot see a monster that appears in your dimension.

You have completely lost your memory. You can choose to remember parts in flashbacks as the roleplay progresses so as to develop your character’s personality and background.

Your character will die.

I will PM a character every one or two rounds of posting. Characters will be chosen at random. When I do, I will explain what monsters are after you. It is up to you how long they take to kill you and the manner in which it happens.

The Rules;

+ Standard RPA rules apply.

+ Two paragraphs minimum. Decent grammar and spelling preferred.

+ Your character will die but you can choose how long it takes to happen.

+ One post per week preferred.

+ If you go inactive, I reserve the right to control or kill your character.

+ Two posts maximum per round from each person please. If you want to have a conversation with another character, take it to co-ops.

+ If you have any questions about the roleplay, feel free to ask.

Character Sheet;

Name:

The Prey;

Survivor;

- Harold Rider (TwistedMyth)

Deceased;

- Musho Misaki (Ru_XCIII)
    - Christopher Andres (shadow12)
    - Shiruba Ookami (Nama)
    - Andrew Baker (DB Wolf)
    - Richard Hunt (Kalyde)
    - Jason (kagomri)
    - Edgar Freeman (SQJPure)
    - Caitlin Davies (Auki)
    - Lydia Jun (Ru_XCIII)

Status Unknown;
    - None
    Last edited by Auki; 12-18-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That sound like a really nice idea for an RP. You mind if I tag along? ^^

However, I have few questions.

When you say that we wake up naked, are we talking bare-butt naked or underpants naked?

When you say that our characters will die, I'm good with that. But say my character dies after two round of post, can I make another one?

You said "If you want to have a conversation with another character, take it to co-ops." But since we are in the same place but different dimensions, how can we talk to each other? Is it something that will come after in the story?

every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyde View Post
    You said "If you want to have a conversation with another character, take it to co-ops." But since we are in the same place but different dimensions, how can we talk to each other? Is it something that will come after in the story?
    I was wondering that too!

Skadooer
    Mature ftw
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I'm interested, but have the same questions as Kalyde

Hayabusa made me a pretty.

❪ ❪ ❪ Check Out Teh Ru ❫ ❫ ❫
    « Ru Drew [art stuffz] » ❉ « [M] Olinkai Serenity {OOC} »

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The dimensions you find yourselves in are not completely different; they have been placed ever-so-slightly out of sync with each other. Like the dimensions have been seperated by a single sheet of glass.

The effect this gives is like looking through a misted window.. or perhaps looking at a hologram.

As I've mentioned, you can see them, you can speak to them. You just can't touch them. And the monsters are invisible unless in your specific dimension. I'm sorry if that wasn't explained well enough.

1. Bare-butt naked. But really, I'm not encouraging anyone to go into detail - The itch of fear will cancel out any lust.

2. I would prefer you didn't but I will allow it.

I hope this answers your questions well enough!

Oh, and I would love to have any of you along <3
    Last edited by Auki; 07-14-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

DON'T FORGET!!!

You can submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players!

Skadooer
    Mature ftw
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

w00t

Is it one person per player?

I'm not asking to keep alive longer xD I just really prefer playing two characters or more ha ha.

Hayabusa made me a pretty.

❪ ❪ ❪ Check Out Teh Ru ❫ ❫ ❫
    « Ru Drew [art stuffz] » ❉ « [M] Olinkai Serenity {OOC} »

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How long is this going to last? How long do you expect a character to live, on average?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I was waiting for that, Kris.. xD

And this is the one roleplay where yes, I will allow it. But two is the maximum. If you feel yourself struggling, one can just die off anyway.

For anyone who goes inactive by the way, your character will just disappear without explanation, presumably dead

Oh and I don't plan for this to be a long roleplay, DB Wolf.
    I'd rather go for the intense, emotional package. Perhaps a dozen rounds of posting more or less? It's not the kind of thing I like to put a number on. The choice of when to kill off your character is up to you after I've PMed you - You could have them escaping for posts upon posts before falling off a cliff; it's really up to you xD
    Last edited by Auki; 07-14-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok then, thank you for answering my questions. And don't worry about the naked thing, I was just asking out of technicality, not in a lustful/pervert way ><

This sound really interesting, I'm curious to see how it's going to turn out. My character sheet will be up soon.

Page 1 of 45 123 ... LastLast