Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Mannaful ~MadinWonderland & Shades of Gray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is a human doing on Silas? His brown eyes stared into hers, cold and unwavering. Even in his eyes, the bluish-white light glowed around his irises. "Tea would be fine, thank you." He sat down on the bed, still a bit taller than her, even though he was sitting. What is going on here? There is no way they'd be able to hide from the authorities. How did they even get here? Raeralrin turned his gaze away from her to stare at the picture of Manna.

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kadey skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen where her mom was removing a charred ear of corn. "Oh, burnt corn, my favourite! Thanks Mama!" Kadey said jokingly. She got the kettle and began to boil water.
    "I would have made you some tea, dear," Kadey's mom said.
    "Thanks, but you'd find a way to burn the water."
    Her mother grimaced but Kadey smiled. "Mama, what can you tell me about Manna?"
    As she pulled out a burnt roast, she stared at her daughter quizzically. "Why?"
    "Just wondering."
    "It's a blue and white light that we used to have but the Silasians took away from us."
    "What's a Silas-whatever?"
    "Someone from Silas. Have you milked the cows yet?"
    "No Mama," Kadey admitted. "After tea."
    Nodding, Kadey's mother walked out the kitchen. "We're having salad today," she called.
    Kadey stared at the roast her mother had left on the table. Surely she would mind if Kadey took just a piece...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's decided then. I shall turn them into the authorities after figuring out why they are here. Raeralrin stood slowly, the bed creaking as he removed his weight from it. His skin shone a bit brighter from before, the after effects of having used Manna to tend to his head. The smell of burnt food was still lingering as he waited for the girl. "Kadey..." He tasted the word in his lips then made a face as if it tasted gross. "The human language certainly is worse than this smell of burning food."

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kadey grabbed a cup of tea and the plate of roast. She walked upstairs and presented it to Rae. "Sorry the food is a little burnt. Mama is making salad for two and this was all I could get. I scraped off most of the char."
    She sat down on the bed. With her fingers she removed a wrinkle in the sheets. Over the smell of burnt meat she still smelled him.
    She shook her head to clear her mind and look at Rae. "Anything else?" she asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Why are you here in Silas?" He said, not planning on beating around the bush.
    Sipping at the tea, his face didn't change, his gaze didn't move. Every inch of his being was focused on her and her existence on his planet. "Humans do not belong here."
    The roast wasn't bad, a little crispy but it was not bad. This was something the humans could do better than the elves, he admitted. Cooking was not an elf's best skill.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"What?" Kadey spaced herself from this strange man. "You're on Makai. Are you saying your from Silas? That's...That's impossible."
    She studied Rae carefully. "Are you... Can you.." Kadey couldn't decide on a single question. "Why are you here? How did you get here?"
    Kadey tried to take a breath. This couldn't be real.
    But it was. There was an elf in her Papa's room. A real, giant elf.
    "What's it like?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"This planet is not Silas?" Raeralrin's eyes narrowed in confusion. "That's impossible."
    Walking to the window, he shoved it open, staring at the scenery. "Impossible..."
    It was true, nothing shone with Manna like he did, there was no smell of magic in the air. He was not home.
    "No... no! No! NO!!" Raeralrin jumped out the second story window, landing easily on the ground. He began sprinting toward the hole where he had first come to awareness.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Rae!" Kadey called after him. "You're going to get yourself killed!"
    She ran down the stairs and out the door. "Shep!" She yelled, a quick syllable, and watched as the dog ran by her side. "Heel," she commanded as she picked up speed.
    Kadey stopped at the hole she had found Rae. "Rae, what was that?"
    Shep growled but Kadey quieted him. "Why are you here?" She had a feeling he didn't know the answer, and if he did he wouldn't tell her.
    "And why are you attempting suicide?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Why? Why am I here?" Raeralrin stared up into the sky, his home planet so close yet so far. "Suicide would bring me farther from home, why would I try that?"
    He was silent for a moment, closing his eyes, thinking.
    "It seems... I will need to take up residence in your home for a little while longer, Kadey." He turned to look at her, his eyes back to their unemotional state. "I apologize for the inconvenience but it seems I have no where else to go."

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Considering you just jumped from a two story window... Yeah, it looked like suicide."
    Kadey shrugged. "Oh, I just love your way of asking. And I'll love Mama's response to you even more. 'Hey Mama, can an alien stay in Dad's room?' This should be fun."
    Kadey looked up and remembered Rae was right next to her. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound so rude. Yes, of course you may stay. I'll just need to ask my Mama."
    Kadey knew her mother would say no, which is why she ran to her house and only pretended to ask her. She ran back to Rae.
    "She said sure. Welcome to Treddar Farm, Rae."

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast