Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 LastLast

Thread: [M] Mannaful ~MadinWonderland & Shades of Gray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Raeralrin is not heavy to me, no." The man gave her a gentle smile. "We have been watching you two, hoping for the best. You, my dear Kadey, have given us the news we've been waiting for for over a thousand years."
    Looking back down at the passed out Raeralrin he sighed. "I have been following you two, ever since Raeralrin landed on this planet."

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kadey kept her pace, her eyes fixed on the ground. "What are you talking about?" she asked. "You've been following us since Rae got here? And what about this news? A thousand years? No one can even live that long."
    Kadey stared ip at Rae, panic still edging her voice. Will he make it?
    "I don't know who you are or why you know my name but it's really starting to scare me. Why are you here, again?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I am the reason Raeralrin is here on Makai." The man said, not looking down at her. They approached a small but elegant white stone house. On the inside it was just as beautiful yet simple. Small plants grew along the walls, surrounding portraits of an enchanted forest coated in lines of Manna. Taking Raeralrin upstairs, he set him on a large king-sized bed.
    Once that was done, he went downstairs into the kitchen and began preparing some tea, adding ingredients that Kadey had never seen before.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kadey stared at him making whatever it was he was making. Is that rosemary? No, can't be.
    "Well then why is he on Makai rather than his home planet? Why did he come out of a hole on my farm?" There were so many more questions that arose but Kadey didn't want to overwhelm this man. After all, he had saved Rae from that village.
    "Where are we?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"This is my home, soon to be Raeralrin's." The man poured the boiling water into three cups. He handed her one. "Drink, it shall calm your spirits. I will explain once I give Raeralrin his drink." Once again the man headed upstairs. Raeralrin was already looking better, his Manna glowing with a healthier glow. "This house is directly connected to Silas, he should be making a full recovery soon."
    The man helped Raeralrin drink the tea. "Come now, I will talk to you about this in the garden."
    He led her to a small garden filled with plants that shone with Manna.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kadey stared at her surroundings. Connected to Silas? How is that possible?
    "I am so confused," she murmured quietly. "How is this connected to Silas? It doesn't feel different. We are still on Makai, aren't we?"
    Kadey quieted herself. "I'm sorry, go on. I'll let you explain."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"A thousand years ago, our two worlds were connected by the Rings of Silas." He began, his voice rising and falling like a melody. "There was harmony between the two worlds for centuries as the elves shared the Manna and their knowledge with the young race. It was our hope that we could bring them up to be like us and one day they'd have the Manna as well. Though it was all well in the beginning, as the human's evolved they took a surprising twist. They wanted the Manna for themselves, they wanted to use it in wars and for killing. As elves who have taken the vow to never use our Manna to steal another's life, we were shocked. The humans raided Silas, burning and pillaging through our beautiful forests. They were a destructive race, our creation had gone out of control. We had no choice but to remove ourselves from them. The day for the removal of the Rings of Silas has been a sacred day to us elves, mourning the loss of the lives that were taken that day and the loss of our connection with the humans. That's where I come in. My name is Quesulhon. I am the bearer of history and the bridge between Silas and Makai."

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kadey was following the man's story until he explained who he was. "What do you mean you're a bridge?"
    Kadey looked at her own hands, going back on what Quesulhon had said. How could her ancestors have wanted war? She thought of modern humans. Did they still have the same craving? Was it passed down from generation to generation, or was it born within.
    Do I have it?
    "Well what makes me special?" Kadey asked. "There haven't been elves on Makai for a thousand years. Why now?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"You are special because you didn't care about what he was. You, Kadey, are the hope of salvaging humanity. You are the proof that even humans can change! I was born to be the bridge, I never chose it. Much how you were born raised on a farm."
    He stood motioning to all around him. "I was put here to observe mankind and spark the change. You were that spark. With you, I know Raeralrin can complete his destiny."

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"I was moved to a farm," Kadey corrected but all the same she was staring at him with big eyes. "And I'm sure anyone would have helped Rae. I'm not special. I'm just a plain old farmgirl."
    She sighed, then got caught on one word. "Destiny?" she said, her voice rising in question. "What would that be?"

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 LastLast