Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A gifted romance ~~Taylor and Shades of Grey(M)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Taylor smiled sweetly at him until he turned red from her asking him to go on, she giggled a little as he sped up and ignored her. "why won't you tell me your story Link?" she said with a fake frown that she had to work to maintain. When he asked to see some of her work she blushed to match him and then shrugged, she then said something she never would expect herself to say "I mean I have some of it right here", the words came out in an incredibly soft, shy tone but she was sure he heard them loud and clear. She looked at him become elated from simply finding the coffee shop and that made her smile softly, she wasn't sure why but she liked that something so simple could make him smile.

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Link held the door open for Taylor. Once they were both inside the Coffee House Link turned to her. "Ol' Linkon has a lot of stories. If I were to tell you all of them you'd die of old age."
    He sat down at one of the booths. Leaning over the table, he said, "Great, let's see them. I would show you something of mine but it was all...lost in the move.
    Let's go with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Taylor walked in and sat down in a booth and smiled at Link as he sat down across from her, his eagerness to see her art kind of scared her. Taylor looked at him and saw his grey eyes looking at her seeming full of excitement and she couldn't help but nervously take out the rolled up canvases and papers in her bag. She flattened out the first canvas which was covered with stunning reds and oranges and yellows of a sunset, it had detailed black silhouettes of trees and bushes over the gorgeous colors. She looked at his reaction and quickly added "its not finished".

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Link stared down at Taylor's artwork, his eyes shining. "Wow," he breathed. "This is amazing. Have you ever taken lessons before?"
    He was tempted to reach out and run his hands down the beautiful scene bit then she told him it wasn't finished. It looked finished.
    "Have you got anymore?" Link asked, still not finished admiring her first work. Sure he could pull something like this with both hands tied behind his back but for a human to draw like this? It astounded him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Taylor blushed at Link's reaction, it was not what she had expected, he was genuinely impressed with her artwork which was a far cry from the fake 'oh that's lovely' she expected from everyone who manages to see it. Taylor nodded slightly as she unrolled the next piece, this was a moodier scene with muddled grays and blues forming a pond which was reflecting a stormy sky above, 2 beautiful swans took up a portion of the pond, a little bit of serenity surrounded by chaos. She loved this one, it was very special to her as far as the meaning of it went and so it was particularly difficult to share.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Link stared in awe at the next painting Taylor brought out. It was such a depressing picture, but right in the middle were two beautiful swans. He let out a sigh. Thenpainting was saying one thing; Anything is possible. The most beautiful bird can come to the most depressing place and automatically lighten the mood of the art.
    "This is awe inspiring," he said softly. Link was always a big fan of art and judging by her paintings Link could tell they'd make great friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Taylor smiled again at his reaction "you are bullshitting me hun" she said softly as her smile shifted to a smirk. She began to unravel a few more of her pieces, a few portraits of beautiful women done in charcoal and a few more landscapes painted in the largest array of colors and tones. "I have a lot more than this but not with me" she said softly as her eyes ran over all her work, as she looked at it all she automatically critiqued it all and found flaws in every piece, it was the fact that she was such and extreme perfectionist that would be her downfall, it even held her back from letting her emotions just flow into her work at points. Just then a waitress approached the table asking for their orders, Taylor smiled softly and looked from her to her own artwork, it bothered her that this random woman was seeing it all so she quickly ordered a latte in order to have the woman leave.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Link stared up into Taylor's icy eyes. "No, I'm not. I've never seen paintings like this. These are amazing."
    He heard the waitress approach but he was too busy staring at Taylor's works. "I'll take a coffee with milk, please," he said without looking up.
    Link's pale hands reached for one of the paintings. "You know, you can get better strokes for hair if you tilt the brush at a one-hundred fifty degree angle. At first it looks pretty sloppy but once you get used to it you get fantastic results."
    He stared up. "I mean, what you're doing with the twenty degree angle looks great." He offered a lopsided smile.
    Way to bring your superhuman intelligence into things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Thank you" Taylor said, taking the compliment which she rarely does, she watched as he continued to stare at her paintings. Then he began to get technical, he went on to discuss angles of her brush strokes and such "I thought I was the perfectionist, my work is the only thing I remotely let go in and now you are telling me I need to alter my angles" she said, she offered him a soft smile as she did to lighten what she was saying. She truly was not dead serious but in some ways she meant what she said. She began to gather up her artwork before the coffee came because she didn't want her work to get destroyed.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Link searched his brain for the right words. "You know what? Don't listen to a thing I say. Your art looks great just that way it is. Forget angles and such."
    He shook his head slowly, scolding himself repetitively. Way to go, idiot.
    Link looked up as their drinks were laid down. "Thank you," he said to the waitress as she scurried back to the kitchen.
    "So Taylor," Link said, trying to fill the silence. "What are you studying to be?"

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast