Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Surprise Ending (Shades of Grey and CuteLilRedhead)

Either at work or at home playing video games
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Romance, Parody, and... whatever I feel like playing?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Auhsa nodded when he addressed him. She took out a card and gave it to him. "If you need anything at all, call me anytime and I'll come okay? But lets go to my place for a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, alright?" She looked at Max. "Unless you don't want to."

"Before you head out I'll need both of you to stay in town and to give me your numbers." Ausha gave him a card as well and looked at Max.

Big thank you to .Κάρμα. for the avi and signature <3
    Follow me on Pintrest ,Tumblr, and Instagram

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Max nodded a thanks towards Ausha and stared down at her card. "I'd love to," he said although he sounded anything but excited. He turned to O'Brian. "My number," he murmured. "I don't.. My phone..."
    Max stared at Jenny's house. His cell phone was still in there, next to his dead girlfriend's body. "It's in...keep it; I don't want it. My home phone..." Max sighed and gave him his home phone number. "I won't be there for a while. If you need me you should probably check..." Max hesitated before saying Quiana's, the local bar. When was the last time he had ever been out drinking?
    He turned back to Ausha. "I really...thanks."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ausha frowned and decided he wasn't in a good state to be left alone. "I'll walk with you to Quiana's." She said. O'Brian left them leave and went back to the crime scene.

As they walked Ausha was silent. Until they reached the door and the bouncer checked them for IDs. "So what do you do for a living?" She asked Max as they walked in.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Max stared at the big doors to the bar. He hated this place; he didn't know why he was here.
    Oh yeah.
    Max searched his pockets for identification but he couldn't find any. He figured it didn't matter; he didn't look like a teenager anyway.
    Max sat himself down at a stool and held his head in his hands. "I was going to go to school and maybe become a doctor, a lawyer, some great paying job. But now I won't be able to find the money for school. So I work at Shop Rite."
    Working at a supermarket was sad enough as it was, but now he needed to live off that $7.25 an hour.
    Max ordered a glass of the most expensive drink they had and turned towards Ausha. "How about you?" His eyes went blank as he said, "Oh jeez, I just ripped you off the street. I-I you... You don't have to stay here. I mean, if you don't want to... Ma'am."
    Last edited by Ashen; 09-11-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ausha shivered at the word "ma'am".

"No, no. I want to stay. I work for the law firm on 80th and German Street. I'm an assistant to three of the big lawyers." She ordered a glass of water. When the bartender rolled his eyes Ausha glared at him. Well someone isn't getting a tip from her. "you can always fin d scholarships," She added.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Scholarships," Max repeated, turning the word over in his mouth. "I would have to be smart to get one of those, right?"
    He sounded like an idiot, asking stupid questions. This girl was obviously smart; she worked for lawyers.
    "If that's the case I'm not getting any. In school I was satisfied with a 60%. I figured it could always be worse."
    Max's face lost its expression. It could always be worse.
    What is worse than losing the girl you were going to propose to, and to a rapist on top of that?
    "Scholarships," Max said again, sadly. "That's not happening."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"No, you don't have to be smart. There are all kinds of scholarships. There's photography or video making. Short essays. There are so so so so so many." Ausha tried to explain but she knew that it was going through one ear and out the other.

As the night progressed and Max drank more. She paid the tab and left a lousy tip for the guy's attitude towards her. She called a cab to take them to her place. When she said he wasn't being left alone, she wasn't kidding. "Max, you are going to sleep on the couch." Ausha explained as she went into the closet to get a blanket. "Is there anything from your house that you need? Like an inhaler. Or do you have a pet or something?" She asked him hoping he wasn't too intoxicated to answer her.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Max was nearly falling asleep at the bar and was grateful when Ausha got up to leave. He didn't like that she payed for the bill but he didn't have any money on him anyway.
    When in the cab, Max's head drooped. The cab pulled to a stop and Max stumbled out and into Ausha's house.
    He collapsed onto the couch, not able to see straight at all. "Inhaler," he said slowly. "No, I don't have diabetes."
    Max shook his head. "Diabetes doesn't need an inhaler," he said, more to himself then to Ausha. "Inhalers are for cancer."
    His eyes drifted shut until Ausha mentioned a pet. Max shot up. "Oh dammit," he murmured. "Ferdinand, he's my dog. He's gonna be pissing..."
    Max once again collapsed on the couch, both from his drunk state and his exhaustion. He started to snore softly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well then I guess he's going to go to the bathroom in his house. She wasn't going to disturb Max. She put a blanket over him as Winney gave her a irritated look. Winney didn't like guests. "Oh, hush you." Ausha whispered and went into the kitchen to get Winney some food.

Ausha yawned and went into her bedroom to change into some Pjs. SHe realized then that she only had 'sexy' PJs. Like large shirt and practically see through night gowns. She sighed and closed her bedroom door. This was a bad thing in the making.... She put on a large T-shirt that fell of her shoulder and crawled into bed. Winney followed after her and jumped on the bed.

Ausha's bedroom door was broken, so it didn't close all the way which made it possible for Winney to move in and out of the room at her will. Ausha checked her alarm and shut her eyes though she was sure she wasn't going to be able to sleep.

Her apartment was a one bed one bath. The kitchen was small and it sort of resembled the apartments in Friends, only smaller.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Max shot up and looked around him, taking everything in. He didn't know where he was for a minute but a sharp pain in his side reminded him of the previous day's events.
    He rolled off the couch and creeped around until he found a bedroom. Considering it was the only bedroom he had passed, Max assumed it was Ausha's and avoided it.
    He wandered into the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror. He was too pale; was that what alcohol did to you? Max couldn't remember he last time he was drunk. He couldn't even tell if that's what gave him the pain in his side, but he assumed it did.
    Max walked into the kitchen and stared at the clock on the wall. It was two in the morning if he was reading that correctly.
    He couldn't just leave at this hour, could he? In this state, he wouldn't even be able to find his way home.
    Max walked back to the couch and fell onto it. He'd wait until atleast dawn.
    Then he'd leave.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast