Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atonement and Retribution

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Atonement and Retribution

(Still Accepting! Please go to Atonement and Retribution OOC)

Evangeline was pursuing a halfblood. Or rather, her spirit was, she was using her Spirit walk ability to follow him, her body at a safer location. She'd like to pursue him in person, but there was no point in putting herself at risk when she had such little fighting ability. It really was safer to do it this way, in case she got found out.

It wasn't like she planned to battle him. Evangeline was just going to pursue him in the futile hopes that he might know others. Alright, so that was a lie. She found this new breed fascinating, sort of like how a child might find an ant interesting, right before they put them under the magnifying glass. Evangeline had never seen a Halfblood in Hades. They were a new breed entirely - maybe that was why they were hunting them down. Vampires don't like to change. Especially if this change makes them weaker.

Of course, she'd have to tell the other vampires about this one sooner or later. She couldn't just let him go walking about, the others would question her. Not only that, but he wasn't as interesting as he first appeared to be. Look there, he's fraternizing with humans.

Humans were quite interesting too, but they'd lost their appeal. There were a lot of those in Hades, mainly used as slave labor. Only the really evil one’s mind you. But then, they don't look so evil after they've been put in chains by demons and tortured. Really, it was kind of the purebloods when they use them as food. Evangeline shivered. The Hades outside of the vampire communities was pretty horrible. Especially as you went deeper into the seven layers. The Living world was much nicer, she preferred it out here.

Something was wrong. With her body - Something was happening over there. Evangeline focused on her body, feeling the not-too-familiar feeling of snapping back into her true form. She preferred to take her time to get back and re-enter it, but if she was under threat then.. well, she could be completely separated. Right now she felt really dizzy from the sudden re-entry. It was a surreal sensation.

A roar. Battle cries. The smell of intense magic filled the air, the scent of Demons and Humans and even the faintest whiff of Fae mixed in. There was blood about. Lots of blood. How did she end up in the midst of battle? Such violence everywhere! If she moved from her hideaway, surely she'd be killed?

But she had too. There was something fishy about this magic, if you removed the layers of the usual battle magic, the strengthening, the fire, there was no doubt that there was Old Magic there. The kind of stuff that causes Cataclysms. Evangeline waited for a slight lull, before running out of her hideaway. Well, walked swiftly. Royals aren't supposed to run, its underneath them.

She was just in time to see it. Above, a pure white ball of light was forming. To the West, a black mist as the demons pooled together their strength. A lightish green sparkling to the north revealed the Fae and their magic. The humans, a writhing mass of color, moving and writhing about. Their magic wasn't quite as controlled.

The Magic didn't do what anyone thought. It all pelted forward, as normal, before drifting upwards and combining in the air. It gave Evangeline a sense of nostalgia - was this the magic the Royals told tales of, the Old Magic at the beginning of the world? She could, for a moment, see reflected in that mass of pure energy the reflection of this world. It was ...awe-inspiring.

That’s when she got sucked in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mikazuki was hunting. The smell of blood was overpowering. She was sure that she was being followed so she hadnt been able to feed for a while.

As she zoned in on the fight she smelt the magic. It was so strong she stopped in her tracks. what on earth was it? She looked up and saw the ball in the sky, it shuddered like a water balloon too full. What on earth is going on?!
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Of many, one.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mordecai pulled the cursed sword from a Fae's body, the blade shining bright crimson in the dim light of the surface. Two armored skeletons stepped up to either side of him, one wielding a pike and the other a pair of curved axes, Mordecai stood a few inches taller than both of them. His cloak swirled in the slight wind created by all of the magic about, the air stank of it and the putrid stink of the other races filled the air around him. Mordecai looked around himself, nearly everything on his outcrop of rock lay dead or dying and blood of all colors drenched the ground. Below he could see the forces of each race flowing back and forth in the valley, the clouds of black magic making him smile with malice for those it would soon effect.

He took a few steps forward and then dropped off the cliff, it wasn't very high.. perhaps thirty feet at the most, he hit the ground with a heavy thud, making a small depression where his knees and feet landed. The skeletons followed, completely unfazed by the landing. Mordecai watched as the clouds of magic gathered over each army, the Fae's disgusted him the most, closely followed by the unorganized mass of tangled colors produced by the humans. He stood proudly as the black cloud of magic moved to combat the others, then nearly fell over as they combined into one force that hovered over the battlefield. As he watched he felt a strange pulling at the back of his neck, then a force swept him off his feet and he flew towards the cloud knowing not what sick magic lay within.

Reaching for the sky as I am swallowed by the Ocean
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Death, what was it a being or merely a thing? Many people believe that Death did not even exist in this world, but the truth is that Death has always been around even when the earliest of demons walked the earth. Death has no feeling, no emotion, no sense of justice,or even a body. Death needs to make a body and fast, for there is something coming and it is to blame for it. For many beings will run, many will fight,and many will cower. Only one thing is for certain, they will all DIE!
    Last edited by moabete; 01-11-2010 at 09:02 PM.
    Spoiler: My personality test 

"Sometimes it feels like I'm losing my soul
    At least that means I still have a soul left to lose"
    -Senses Fail

Sorry guys I am swamped with work an school I will try to update when I can. The GM of the RP can control my character for a bit only if necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dante stood in a tree, trying to find a scent. He put his goggles up onto his forehead. Aaron then started talking in his head, half laughing

"You let it get away, again."

"No I didn't, it's around here somewhere."

"If you say so."

Dante sighed and jumped out of the tree. "Fine, I lost it," he said out loud.

"You really need to get better at hunting, that's the second one this week."

"Shut up"

"Fine, I'll be quiet for now."

Looking around once more, he heard a sound, the screams and yells of battle all coming from the direction of his hut. He took off running on all fours and approached the battlefield. Hiding in the edge of the forest the battle unfolded in front of him. there were magic spells being hurled in all directions. Demons, Fae, and Humans, all fighting.

Dante shifted into his fallen form and walked out of the tree line, trying to find a way to get past all the fighting.

"Why don't you just go the long way around?" Aaron said with a worried tone.

"It'll take to long, the sun'll be down by then."

"This is too dangerous."

"Don't worry, I can hold my own."

"Yeah, well don't forget, if you die, so do I."

Dante took a few steps before a blinding light came up above him. "What the hell," he thought as he was being sucked in. He quickly threw himself onto the ground and grabbed the nearest grounded object he could find. Dante was only able to hold on for a few seconds before slipping and getting sucked up.

Both Dante and Aaron simultaneously thought, "Fuck"

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Somewhere not far from where the battle would be held, a woman was walking alone at a fast pace. She did not know of what was to happen, or what was happening around her, but nevertheless she was gaining the feeling of being watched. Her paranoia was starting to get to her, and she would constantly look at her surroundings hoping that she could shrug off the feeling once she knew there was nothing there. But even if she would constantly change where her sight was situated, it never freed her from the feeling. It wasn't long until she took notice of a dark figure somewhere behind her.

She was scared at first, but noticed that it was not moving at all. Seeing this, she started to take a few more steps forward but only to be replied by the sound of someone else's footsteps behind her. She was starting to be frantic, and decided to walk even faster. But each time she did the footsteps became closer and louder. She started to run at first, thinking that the figure was coming after her. She decided to look at the figure behind her once more, trying to see how much faster she must go in order to outrun the figure. Though the moment she set eyes on the walk behind her, the figure was gone and the sound of steps ceased. She finally stopped at this point, thinking that perhaps everything was her imagination.

After assuring this, she took a few steps forward without shifting her vision from the walk. But the moment she turned her head, she was greeted by a man whom she would bump into. The woman was losing her footing by that moment, though the man was kind enough to keep her from touching the ground by holding unto her arms gently. She looked up at this man, and he smiled at her kindly; she did the same to him to show her gratitude for keeping her up. She suddenly started to gaze into his eyes, and she was starting to lose herself because of the sight....

Before the woman knew it, there was an intense pain that overcame her torso. Slowly her head moved down, and quickly she saw a blade right through her body. "You should have seen this coming..." The man said as a smirk appeared on his face. "I must admit, you've got the face... And your scent is just so... Appealing... But let us see if your taste is worth the smell and your looks!" Using his free hand, he grabbed her by the face and pulled her closely, quickly making her attempts of making a sound unheard. "Don't worry... I'll be quick..." Lifting her face up, he opened his mouth widely, revealing his fangs, and impaled them into the skin of her neck, drinking to the amount of his desire.

By the time he finished, he pulled his blade out of what was left of the woman and threw her body aside. Looking at his blade covered with blood, he brought it close to his face. "Might as well finish off what's left of her till the last drop...." he thought to himself as he proceeded to lick the blood off his blade. He was satisfied.

By the time he left the corner where he took the life of his victim, he was about to proceed to his business. It wasn't long until something took his attention. He turned and dashed to a direction, wondering what exactly was creating an intense amount of the scent of blood. Before he knew it, he was watching a battle between different races take place, and an immense power was building up. He watched it intently, grinning at every death that had overcome the human beings. "Hahaha... By the time this is done, there will be more food for my brethren..."

The immense power that was building up on each side was suddenly growing at an extremely fast rate that it had to be released at the same time in the same direction. It wasn't long until each collided and started to rise into the air, sucking in different individuals into it. The vampire tried to keep his distance, but even from where he was standing it managed to take him in. "What.... What is this?!"

Hey, guys! Why don't you check out my deviantArt and/or Art Thread?
    How about my Request Shop?
    Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"Trixibelle.” The deep, rumble filled voice caused a slow smile to form, only one person in the world (other than her parents who were no longer speaking to her) got away with calling the elf girl that. Her small pale head popped from behind a thick group of bushes and tilted back so she could look up, up, up at her one and only long standing friend.

“Yes Alarik?” She asked the picture of perfect innocence. The dark, shaggy haired male continued to stare down, face impassive as he waited. It didn’t take long for the young elf pulled a face and held out a slender arm. Alarik snagged her hand and swung her up upon his shoulder as the magic of the Fae gathered above them. Trix sighed pulling her bow from its place on her back and pointing it towards the shimmery green mass of magic.

“I’m going to be disgustingly weak, you know. And now we’re closer to the battle, nothing better happen to me.” She muttered, bracing her feet on the wide shoulder as Alarik nodded. She grunted and without bothering with an arrow, drew back the string of her bow. Her magic shimmered between her hands, before she released the string and sent it soaring towards the others. The world tipped and she lost her footing just as the ball of magic went flying off. Alarik shouted something she couldn’t make out as a curious wrenching sensation moved through her, then something tight locked around her ribs and everything went blissfully black.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It was the strangest sensation. Not like flying, not like falling, more as if the world was bending around her, as if she was not moving at all. That was the magic manipulating the laws of reality, changing it to whatever it saw fit. It was obvious now that no side had true control over their magic anymore - and how could they, after it had all fused together?

Evangeline felt sick. The intense magic was affecting her, making her feel fatigued. She felt as if her own magical powers, though weak, were being sucked into the mass. She fought against the feeling, clinging to her pride as a Royal blooded Vampire. Evangeline vaguely registered the scents of other beings around her - had they been sucked in too? Was the magic affecting them in the same way? Were some going to die?

She was being pulled further and further in. Strange, there seemed to be something in the very centre. it was hard to tell from here. The closer she got, the more horrible she felt. Eventually, Evangeline blacked out completely.

Awakening, she found herself somewhere else completely. The sky above was a dark blue, a harvest moon low on the horizon, proving some light. It was nightime in some sort of forest, but she had never seen this species of tree before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Are we dead?" Dante asked Aaron.

"No, though I don't know where we are."

Dante felt a tingling sensation in his wing. It was becoming hard to think, everything was slowing, down. "What's happeni-?" His eyes began to slowly close until he blacked out.

He soon awoke in a forest. Something about it wasn't right; it looked, different. Dante slowly stood up and dusted his clothes off. Nearby, there was something beginning to move.

Dante quickly ran behind a tree and looked out towards the sound. It was a woman, probably a vampire because of her wings. She was looking at her surroundings, confused. It seemed as if she was in the same predicament he was.

Dante reached for his bow and an arrow, taking them out as quietly as he could. Pulling the string back he walked out from cover. "This is probably going to be the stupidest thing I've done," he thought. "Who are you, and what are you doing here?" he asked the woman. "Did you get sucked into that ball of magic like me?"

Dante noticed the tingling in his wing again "God, why is my wing still tingling?"He muttered. Turning to look at it he saw that it was different. It had grown a few feathers, black feathers. "What the hell," he said, still whispering.

"It seems that the magic accelerated your growth."

"Is that good or bad?"

"Um, mostly good. If you don't mind the feathers. Although I don't know why they're black. Must be the magic."

"Magic?"

"Yeah, all the magic from the portal, thingy. You should pay attention to the person you're aiming at."

"Oh, crap." Dante focused on the woman in front of him again. "Yeah I know that was a little weird me just talking to myself. Pay no attention to it."

Wow, that's all you're going to say?

"Shut up."

Reaching for the sky as I am swallowed by the Ocean
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Death was formed it took the form of a shadow, this was the form that it would not be noticed in. And as it was in it's world it noticed an anomaly in the universe. Death quickly went to go see what this anomaly was, for, it was not supposed to be here this quickly. As it floated through trees and brush, it quickly spotted two beings at a stand still. At this moment it just watched because Death always acts on time. And Death still has a secret that nobody knows not even the highest of lords, or even most Gods.
    Last edited by moabete; 01-13-2010 at 02:52 AM.
    Spoiler: My personality test 

"Sometimes it feels like I'm losing my soul
    At least that means I still have a soul left to lose"
    -Senses Fail

Sorry guys I am swamped with work an school I will try to update when I can. The GM of the RP can control my character for a bit only if necessary.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast