Thread: Solace, Times of Change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Solace, Times of Change

Hey Aveais here this is my...i don't know how many RPs that i've tried 2 start, but they all failed (i blame the game forums :P ) This is a very rich RP, with a strong storyline and many characters.

Intro:

I slowly crept into the dusty alcove as i descended into the den of a dragon. I had been told to be very careful, as I have heard many rumors about him, everything from being able to generate pulses of energy to melting people whole. I came to a stop...this was it. A massive stone door stood in front of me, etched with forgotten runes and adorned with gems of all sorts. I was so ready i thought as the massive doors swung open, reveling its secrets inside:

a strange library of sorts enveloped me in its mystique, and a young boy sat in the middle, on a red, plush couch, gilded with gold. he had the appearance of someone who never ate enough, slightly too thin and pale to look healthy, his shaggy hair hung down from his head like a coat of snow, and eyes misty white like two full moons. He was wearing what appeared to be a comfortable white robe, until my eyes fell upon the gilded trimmings and runes on his cloak. just slightly out of his robe, i saw the tip of a dragons tail.

He looked up at me with a sort of comical amusement as i was in complete shock...this kid was the leader of the nobles, the bringers of justice, the...

"Welcome, i would ask you to take a seat, but you're not going to, so i will insist, before anything of any sort to start, that you take a seat. " the kid said, still reading

I took a seat, slightly confused. how did he know what i didn't want to take a seat?

"Because it would be symbolic, and you know it." he replied

A worried face was scribbled across myself. mind reading was not an ability i was prepared to face.

"Now entice me, why are you here... to kill me or to make me an ally. if you are here to kill me, please stand up, else you might get blood on my chairs."

I remained seated "you are really quite full of yourself, arn't you."

the kid laughed, a hearty laugh not seen in people with white hair, then proceeded to put down his book.

"i am not full of myself. i have red carpets for a reason." he replied

a shiver of fear raced up my spine as i begin relaying my message, blunt and simple.

"I am an ambassador of the rebels, and we would like an alliance" I replied

The kid simply smiled. " then you are not return, instead i will come along with you. such an alliance cannot be forged under words that may lie."

If you are coming along with me, at least tell me your name. I replied

"If i tell you my name, stop thinking of me as a kid. dragons live long, and so youth lasts long." he replied

I nodded

"Then my name is Aurais"

to be continued...

opened
    Last edited by aveais; 10-15-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    "the world, what a strange, beautiful, and creepy place."

also, for a new world, join Solace, Times of Change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

character profiles:
    pg1: mine
    Last edited by aveais; 10-15-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The plane of Solace:
    Solace is a huge landmass surrounded by oceans with its own rules.
    in Solace, the sun is up for days on end, and the night envelops the land for days on end as well. There is a cycle to the days and nights, but only educated scholars care for such a thing.
    Most humans worship the ascendants, although nobody knows what they are, worshipers imbue trinkets with runes of worship, and the trinkets are fused with power, what humans use proof of the ascendants power.
    Lightning is non-existent, reserved for master of magics and/or spirits
    silver is the most valuable metal by far, as it is the only metal that could be enchanted with high-level magics. a pound of silver could often be traded for houses.

races of the land of Solace

Humans: humans are well...look at yourself in the mirror. Humans are united into 1 kingdom, called Gorvon.

Dragons: dragons are winged, reptilian...do i really have to tell you guys what a dragon is? anyways, normal dragons have been dominated by humans, although there are many dragons in the wild. dragons are seen by most as the property of the rich and wealthy, and a symbol of nobility, but wild dragons are seen as dangerous and a problem that needs too be solved.

Nobles: Dragons are magical creatures, and nobles are merely dragons who can channel the magic that make them creatures of awe. Regardless of such a simple distinction, Nobles are the aristocrats of dragons, and are extremely rare, compared to normal dragon. They are seen almost as a force of nature, due to a Noble's huge magic reserves (check magic). They have many talents, such the gift of tongues, being able to take a human form (although not perfect, as from Aurais' tail), access to magic, while still retaining draconian abilities that make them deadly (enhanced eyesight, increased stamina and reflexes, etc.). The common people view them as majestic enforcers of justice, to the extent of worship. Others see them as inhuman elements that must be controlled. The human kingdoms have never captured a Noble, so the appearance of a Noble is a sure sign of triggering a huge conflict.
    (LOCKED. until i get to know people better, no nobles, sry)

Dragon Riders: While not really a race, the dragon riders are a entire different section from a normal human. They live in recluse with there dragons, because they are a paradox. They are the greatest champions humankind has, but are seen as unworthy and unsavory, as they befriend their dragons, not control them as most member of the nobility would. They, like humans, are found all over the plane of solace, their services for hire by the richest only. (LIMITED NUMBER...will not tell u the number though )

Magic on Solace

magic is your very essence, and the very over-use of magic could send magic users to kill themselves. Magic users have a certain limit (that limit is not very high) before they begin tapping into there physical strength to cast spells. when they hit that limit, they begin to lose control of the very magics that they are using, and slowly killing themselves over time. Therefor, magic is often seen as a secondary weapon, although a very strong one. Of course, this rule only applies to humans. Nobles do not have this limit, mostly because their very blood flows with magic (humans must extract the essence of magic from land, but Nobles are born with a massive amount of magic from birth). Pure Mages (mages that only use magic) are highly valued, but rare, due to the lack of endurance in a battle. Despite the drawback, Pure Mages are masters of magic, and so are extremely adept in magic, which is invaluable.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i will kris, except i'm not finished building the world I like my details . I will submit it to sources, so don't rush kris, and thx 4 the advice

A little more about Nobles:
    Nobles most live in isolation, but often meet in large meetings every year to discuss the state of Solace. Nobles are always slightly arrogant, due to their abilities, and rightfully so. Stories have circulated about a single Noble turning the tide of battle. Nobles fight with weapons conjured from their very own magic, some of these weapons strange and exotic. The smartest of human mages suspect this is the Nobles recalling tooth and claw in a different form, but, just as with many things about Nobles, nobody knows for sure.
    The homes of nobles are often filled with magical traps. entire armies have died trying to capture a noble. No known person knows how Nobles choose their leaders, but one can only imagine for beings like Nobles...

Locations of Solace:
    Gorvon: the name given to the united kingdom of the humans. it is the middle of the map.
    Silvercrome coast: the coast leading to the north sea, a strange place where the sand shines when the moonlight hits the bays. the sand is said to have magical properties, but nothing lives around this area. A huge tower stands watch, said to be abandoned by a great wizard. In this tower resides Aurais' home.
    Kerosa: The forests surrounding Gorvon. They house the rebels forces and the occasional dragon rider.
    The Gandorian Cliffs: to the west, cliffs of huge size house wild dragons and the majority of Nobles. Dragon riders also often make this location their home. No being have ever spoken about what is passed these cliffs, and so nobody (except dragon riders and nobles) knows what is passed these cliffs.

Factions of solace:
    Nobles: only Nobles may write this down as their faction, also self- explanatory (A.k.a, locked for now!)
    Riders: only dragon riders are of this faction
    Mages of Solace: a neutral faction made of mages
    Garvon defenders: the faction that is the Garvons fighting force.
    Rebels: the "men of the forest" fighting against Garvon and its king
    Mercenaries: soldiers of the coin
    Merchants: although poor at fighting, merchants provide any party with the resources they need to survive.

Classes of solace:

unlike most RPs, i will not give you set classes. when making your characters, please take the following into consideration:
    -unlike most RPs with dragon riders, not all dragon riders can or will use magic.
    -mages use staffs not to "channel" magic, but to be able to use a flexible weapons that could stall melee users until they can cast a spell.
    - on the dawn and dusk of each solar and lunar cycle, magic is renewed to all magic users... use magic sparingly. The rise of the sun or the moon will be told in the RP regularly.
    -mages are attuned to a element. they can cast spells of their attuned element much easier then other elements.
    -Normal dragons cannot use magic normally.
    -enchanted weapons are reserved for the rich.
    -

Character creation sheet
    Name:
    Race:
    Faction:
    Appearance:
    Description (history):
    Weapon and Combat:
    Does the character use magic : y/n
    if yes, then...
    Attuned element? ( fire, air, wind , earth )
    Magic:
    Other:

(ps, if i missed anything, then inform me )
    Last edited by aveais; 10-15-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

few other notes:

1st, your character CAN die. just like in real life, people die because they were stupid, made poor choices, or was just plain unlucky. MY characters might die, and so might yours. if you got killed, make a new character and don't complain. if i kill you off, don't take it personally, because most characters will most likely survive.

2nd, no overpowered characters? i assume we're all good, reasonable people, so if your character is overpowered, or after i accept you, you are abusing your character, then i'm going 2 ask you to rethink your character. an overpowered character does NOTHING for you and makes everyone elses RP experience just plain bad.

third: you can make more then 1 character, and other stuff (like more dragon riders or nobles) will be unlocked as the storyline progresses.

forth: i may reject your bio, but don't take it personally. if i say that the reason is because your character might be overpowered, i don't mean that you would abuse your character, but just that it is abuse able. Also, don't complain if you are not a dragon rider, because i assure the number is 3 or less. (i've already made my mind about it

5th - if i say something and you disagree, give me a PM, but don't go blowing up and fussing about it. If i say something regarding this RP that is questionable, it's probably because i have a plan...and that i am brick :P

6th - this RP is split into 3 phases (for my own brain) , i will inform OOC when a phase is over

7th - you are totally allowed to be against the Rebels and Aurais, in fact it makes things more interesting

8- enjoy!
    Last edited by aveais; 10-16-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my character bios

Name: Aurais
    Race: Dragon- Noble
    Faction: Noble
    Appearance: did you read the intro?
    Description (history): Unknown
    Weapon and Combat: Aurais' draconian weapon has not yet been seen, but he carries around a short staff around.
    Does the character use magic : y
    if yes, then...
    Attuned element? (attuned elements only apply for humans, not nobles)
    Magic: (draconian magic is very different from regular magic. Nobles are only able to use magic they are born with, and can never learn new ones)
    unknown, you guys will see in the RP
    Other: Aurais looks like a young mage, with a large hood covering his abnormal white hair and his tail tucked into his clothing.

Name: Dorian Vandercloven "a.k.a" Jack
    Race: Human
    Faction: Rebel
    Appearance: Jack is a fairly tall, 6 foot tall to be exact, and wearing a red jacket, a white shirt, and black pants. The fabric are all of fairly high quality. his face is tanned from constant traveling, and his brown boots worn down for the same reason. Jack always carries around a aura of mischievous, perhaps from his sketchy smile or the fact that his shirt always has too many pockets. you can just about see a chain around his neck. His hair is also brown. despite his constant traveling, his face is fair, but not enough that he ever gets complemented. A reaper hangs from his belt, one with a glint of silver on the guards, a sign of wealth.
    Description (history): you will see...
    Weapon and Combat: reaper and magic
    Does the character use magic : y
    if yes, then...
    Attuned element? fire
    Magic: Jack, unlike most non-pure mages, tends to be very aggressive with his magic. he is often seen using it as a fear tactic, often using impressive spells such as shooting fireballs, creating a flame wall, and such. even without his "explosive" magic, he is a fair fighter with his reaper, although no master swordsmen.
    Other: he is the person who was sent to meet Aurais in the intro.
    Last edited by aveais; 10-15-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

come on out! it's open! let's make those bios!

we need 4 peoples bios 2 start!

enjoy this masterpiece!

(there will be limit 2 the number of players, but we're not going 2 reach this 4 a while )
    Last edited by aveais; 10-15-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok, so i'm getting this darn thing posted on rp of the week...

been rly busy last week (you may have noticed that i posted nothing new...) which was due 2 various other stuff (i work, u work...u know)

so come on guys and post (i'm not letting this darn thing die! )