Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Mass Effect - Chapter 1: Induction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Mass Effect - Chapter 1: Induction

Mass Effect

We will be using the mass effect universe, with only a few alterations. A few notes on the rp as are follows:

It is rated [M] for sexual content, violence, and language.

None of the characters from the game will be present in the rp. In specific cases where this is unclear, that rule may have exceptions, but as a rule of thumb, no characters from the game will be present in the rp.

Our rp will be seperated by sagas, or chapters. The main story is the same as the game, very basically. The reapers threatening the universe, etc.

Players will be able to chose from several different races. Ill be limiting them to try to get some variety, however, if you pm me concerning this, exceptions can be made.

Please please please have side plots of some sort. I GM with a gentle hand. There will be a driving plot, but there will also be plenty of room for pursuing your own sideplots. I do not want to see people milling around just killing time with filler posts, unless you really want to do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following links will describe the rp. Everything is already written with great detail on the wiki, i dont think it is necessary to cut and paste for an hour, losing valuable formatting, which in turn makes it harder to understand... i think everybody knows the story, so it might not even be necessary, however i will include these links if anybody wants to brush up or if we get some new people who dont know the universe.

If anybody wants to submit a description of the world, ill stick it here and give credit.

- Universe/Storyline starting at 2172 CE:
    https://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

- Races (playable races: Human, Asari, Drell, Salarians, Turian, Volus, Geth(good explaination required), Quarian, Batarian, Krogan, Vorcha)
    https://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Races

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheet

Name:
    Race:
    Appearance:
    Weaponry/Important Possession:
    Notes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interested, can we have more than one character?
    Ask me questions, I'm a doctor

Nightcall Developing the future, one night at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What? No Hanar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like I said, any races not specifically mentioned, just pm me. As a hannar, you realize you wouldn't really be able to fight, yeah? That's fine with me.

And yes. You can have multiple characters. As long as you can keep up with them.

::edit::
    Upon closer inspection... it seems I've been the victim of a joke =0... lol.. forgive me I'm very sleepy, lol

Ill be creating my quarian quite soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Gio Noh aka "Tenor"

Race: Drell

Bio: Gio was raised in indentured service of the Hanar, like many of his kind. It was by no means slavery though and his masters treated him and his family well. But as a youth though he was something of a troublesome child. He lacked a true aptitude for the arts or sciences. He possessed a minor interest in mechanical devices but was by no means motivated. From a young age though he displayed above average athleticism and keen observational skills. When he was 15 he went to work for a Hanar known as "The Songwriter" by its peers. At the time Gio was told that he'd be something of a page or assistant. This wasn't a complete lie but certainly wasn't the truth either.

Gio discovered very quickly that The Songwriter was a favored contact of the infamous and elusive being known as The Shadow Broker. The Songwriter maintained a network of operatives, drawing from Drell and other races, that it could call on for everything from casual theft to surveillance work and even assassinations. Gio was attached to some of The Songwriter's agents as a runner. He could relay messages to other groups, carry packages between them, and even pick up groceries. He wasn't alone though.

It's no secret that The Shadow Broker isn't popular with everyone in the Galaxy and the same goes for his contacts. It didn't take long for Gio to come under the gaze of a group of mercenaries that had been contracted to investigate The Songwriter. They followed him, tracking his movement, and over time began to locate other Agents. Gio was young at the time and while he had been taught how to spot if he was being tailed he was nothing compared to their skill though. He was worried though, there was a palpable tension in the air all the time. So he went to one of the groups and asked for their help.

The group he went was one that he'd been working with for just short of a year. They were a team of assassins, trained killers that could arrange anything from sniper fire to vehicle bombs. Gio had never seen any of their work first hand but he could only assume they were good at what they did by how infrequently they asked for things like bandages or medical supplies. Their leader was a Drell called Ida, she had always been kind to Gio and took pity on him... not just because of the fact that he had been pulled into something that he hadn't agreed to but because he had no concept of what the groups he was helping actually did. He was a bystander who had become guilty by association. She attached two of her group to him in order to seen if his suspicions were truthful. They were.

The assassins tracked the mercenaries back to their safehouse and eliminated them, killing each in turn before burning the house to the ground. It was then that Ida turned her attentions to Gio. Despite having no formal clandestine training Gio had had the natural skills to notice that the same individuals kept appearing along his routes. Ida spoke with The Songwriter and began to train Gio as part of her group. He displayed a talent for infiltration as well as marksmanship. His only true calling card was an affinity for finding lofty locations to aim from. Because of this he was given the code name of "Tenor"... the highest of male voices within the modal register. He has been killing for The Songwriter and by proxy The Shadow Broker for nearly twenty years.

Last year though something went wrong. While deployed to the citadel his group were undertaking a series of missions. They had just finished the last one, the removal of an Asari politician, when the group came under fire. Their transport had been booby-trapped. Only Gio survived. When he tried to contact The Songwriter he could only reach one of its aides.... The Song Writer had been murdered. In a panic Gio began calling on other groups that the The Songwriter had employed using his own memories and the notes that he could recover from Ida's personal terminal. Almost all of them had come under attack. He managed to locate a few survivors... some simply wanted to go into hiding, too paranoid or scared as to what might have happened. But one wanted answers just as much as he did.

Appearance: Lean build, stands just shy of 6 feet tall. Skin is predominately a jewel-tone green that fades to a blue towards the ends of his extremities and his cheek bones. The very peak of his brow, jaw line, finger tips, and lips are a slight lavender. He generally wears a form-fitting black jumpsuit made from a synthetic material that helps wick moisture away from him.

-M92 Mantis Sniper Rifle
    -M-6 Carnifex Pistol (kept in a shoulder holster)
    -Kerambit-styled dagger

Notes:
    Gio suspects that the Shadow Broker might be behind the death of The Songwriter and his network of agents. He has no way of proving it though, not yet at least. He's been busy trying to track down any information he can about the illusive figure.

Name: Razzazz

Race: Vorcha

Bio: Razzazz was recruited out of a Bloodpack Mercenary group to work for some hanar that called itself The Songwriter. He went along with a number of his comrades for a series of raids on Omega. It paid well and most importantly to Razzazz was entertaining. Plenty of big explosions, constant action, more than he could ever hope for. Their opponents were many and varied... other Vorcha, Asari, even some Batarians.

But once it was all done Razzazz's group had their safehouse bombed. Razzazz managed to get out alive which was more than could be said of anyone else. The Vorcha eluded the authorities for a while as well as the other members of the Bloodpack... he didn't particularly want to go back to working for them after all the fun he'd been having. He spent a few months working as a gun for hire and traveling the surrounding systems until some Drell named Gio contacted him. Gio shared some information, most of it he didn't care about but there was one thing... The Shadow Broker. Razzazz remembered one of the missioned he'd done back on Omega. They had killed off some of Aria T'loak's people but as they were leaving Razzazz had found a note mentioning someone called the Shadow Broker. Razzazz joined with Gio, he had some questions of his own to answer... that and he was on the verge of being old and wanted to spend the last few years of his life doing something fun.

Appearance: Razzazz is festooned with all the claws and spikes of any other Vorcha. His skin is a dusky red, the color of muddy rust. His eyes are a sulfurous yellow will bright blue pupils. He wears a collection of armor pieces salvaged from his former comrades and people he's killed. Not all of it fits right and none of it is clean.

-M-8 Avenger Assault Rifle
    -M-3 Predator Pistol
    -A machete made from the sharpened blade of a human lawn mower.

Notes:

Razzazz thinks Aria T'loak is the Shadow Broker and intends to kill her.
    Ask me questions, I'm a doctor

Nightcall Developing the future, one night at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Kelar'Nedas vas Udar (Nedas means no one under this I mean that Kelar dosent belong to any clan)

Race: Quarian

Bio: Kelar was born to an exile quarian family who had been thrown out of they're clan and had renamed themselves Nedas meaning no one. They lived in a tiny apartment in the Wards. Kelar learned quickly the basics of engineering, hacking and repairing things. He got a job as a ship technician at the early age of sixsteen. He was a good worker and in a year he rose to be the head technician of Udar the ship he served on. Content at last Kelar began putting money on the side so one day he could visit hes ancestral home of the migrant fleet and join them once again. He had not counted on the pirates that came on board two years later and killed all of the crew except Kelar and human female named Seila. They developed a close relationship over the month they floated in space barely surviving on the last rations. Weak and hungry the finally docked on Omega they were treated for they're wounds and hunger but as they had no money they had to pay off the debt with labor. Kelar started working on repairing smaller ships and Seila took on a job as a bodyguard for an small human family.

Appearance:

Weaponry/Important Possession: A knife at his side, an Nexsus omni-tool, a Stinger pistol and a Light Quarian Survivor armor.

Notes: Does anyone want to play Seila? Otherwise she will be my second character.
    "Love is a poison... a sweet poison ,but still a poison!" -Cersei Lannister

Born in Gondor, raised in Valhalla, reside in Cloud city.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

-sighs dreamy- I always wanted to have Wrex and Tali come with me but since I prized Garrus (Garus? Fuck been awhile.) Over both of them, I had a human/Turian/Krogan team. (Mediem, short, and long ranges if you will .)

So here's a relatively nice looking pair.

Spoiler: Kea'Sala 

Spoiler: Jaak 

Yes they are both against the Blue suns. Jaak for revenge. Kea'Sala to find who was selling the highly important and expensive enviro-suits to them. (When you think about it.. those Enviro-suits when modified to fit different species.. would make fucking awesome hazard suits. And I'm sure modifying the size and shape is cheaper then creating one from scratch.) So yeah. Since in the ME games the blue suns are a problem of sorts in many instances both in the main plot and side plots, I figured. 'Why not have two characters have a personal grudge against em?'

And yes, a Krogan who isn't afraid to use some stealth. You never see a Krogan sniper do you? No cause they prefer charging into you with shotguns. So I mixed in clever tactics with the charging thing and you have Warhammer orks fighting Tau. (You are a real gamer if your referencing a game while talking about a different one. .)

I am Drakkon on Wattpad. (Kinda makes sense.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

before we actually start rping, i really want to stress that im allowing dual characters ASSUMING you guys can handle it. if you cant, it will become problematic for the entire rp.

also, right off the bat there are two quarians, so i guess ill be taking another race. a drell maybe. we will see once i get my character created, i think we have plenty enough to start the IC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Karil Merrok

Race: Drell

Bio: Karil's family was killed shortly after he was born. His family was on the transport ship 'Silent Covenant', where he was born. The ship was assaulted by a pirate vessel, and ultimately destroyed, but not before his father put him into one of the escape capsules and shot him off into space. The distress beacon on the capsule drew the attention of a passing human ship called the 'Nerasu'. The humans took him aboard and dropped him off as soon as they had the chance, and he eventually ended up on Omega.

His first several years of life, without a family, were very harsh. Living on his own, he survived by working in shops and stealing when he had to. Eventually he was picked up by Aria T'loak. His early life was consumed by training. Aria told him he was to become her private assasin. He was terrified by the thought, but eternally grateful to have a place to rest his head and food to eat.

He went through biotics testing throughout his childhood with Aria, sometimes being subjected to brutal and certainly inhumane testing. It was found that he had latent biotic potential, which was grown through the testing and experimentation.

His first job was at the age of 15. Still but a child, he infiltrated a very important person's stronghold, and in the morning, that person was found dead. It was assumed he died in his sleep, but it was actually a very potent poison. After that, jobs came quick, as Aria trusted him to take out her most important enemies.

Upon going through puberty, he was implanted with biotic amps and nodes required to harness his latent power. Soon he would be able to control it enough for it to be effective in combat, however, he couldnt manifest biotic entities. He could control it to the extent of giving himself cloaking or shielding, but couldnt use it to create a vortex, for example.

His morality began slowly eroding away. Soon he was given a job that required him to kill one of Aria's enemies... as well as that enemy's child. He quickly dispatched the father, and when it came time to kill the child, he hesitated. He couldnt do it. At the age of 22 years, Karil left omega on a trade ship, along with the child he couldnt kill.

The ship was headed to the Citadel... Which is where the two got off. Karil dropped the child off there, knowing they would get taken care of, and bounced from planet to planet, doing things he wished he wouldnt have to do, living off of the money made from it. He no longer takes assassination jobs.

Aria's people track him wherever he goes, so he doesent stay in one place for long.

Appearance:
    https://rikona.deviantart.com/art/ME-...%20drell&qo=81
    Karil has dark blue skin, and bright blue eyes, which generally give off a feeling of tired and worn out. He wears a thin, hard, form fitting grey shell under his clothes, which is difficult to penetrate... one of the things Aria's money and influence provided him. On the outside, he wears a black cloak, and lose black pants and shoes.

1 Sirta Industries Armor-Shell (Provides increased Stealth with Biotics)
    1 Volkov Sniper Rifle
    1 M-3 Predator
    1 Chameleon Omni-Tool

Notes:
    Karil does not know who killed his parents, and knows nothing of the impact his assasinations of youth may have caused.

IC IS UP. https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...471#post778471

if anybody wants to plot with my character, please let me know. after looking over everybody's character, there seems to be alot of chances to interweave plots. just let me know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(URGHHH! I really wanted to limit my roleplays but...Goddamnit, it's mass effect, how CAN'T i get involved in this!?))

Name: Steven Spiegal
    Race: Human
    Bio: Born on Omega to a con-artist and a drug-peddler, Steven was indoctrinated rather early into the seedier parts of Omega from a very early age. From a short time after he could walk, he spent alot of his time around thugs and criminals as well as the odd group of pick-pockets, allowing him to gain some skills as a pick-pocket. He also learned to use his young age and appearance to his advantage by making people 'take pity' on him, normally stealing from their pockets when they had their backs turned or during the moment they turned their back.

Unfortunately, one day when he was 12, he picked the pocket of a blue suns mercenary that passed through the slums and ended up being caught and taken back to the base. Fearing a beating, or worse, the Mercenary instead offered the young Steven a choice: Either work off the 'sin' he had committed, or face punishment by the rest of the Mercenary band for what he had done. Thinking it a chance to see the galaxy and get out of his life, he accepted the chance and was brought aboard.
    For the next three years, Steven did numerous odd jobs for the mercenaries, essentially working as a slave for the one who had taken him in. It was during this time that he met and befriended another slightly older Turian Mercenary named Nero, who proceeded to take the then fifteen year old Steven under his wing.

Steven wasn't very profficient with sniping or most heavy weaponry, but soon found he had proficiency in wielding pistols and some degree of skill in using assault rifles. He proved to be a more agile and slippery gun-fighter due to his upbringing, which translated over into some of the basic hand to hand skills he learned. He didn't have much in the way of strength, but he was quick on his feet and was a crack shot with a pistol as well as in dual wielding some of the smaller recoil pistols. This was a far cry from Nero, who was an incredibly skilled snipers and favored sub machine guns as well as feeling more at home with brute force then Steven. He particularly enjoyed fighting up close with a knife, finding the experience to be more 'personal' and 'exhilarating'.

When Steven was twenty, the blue suns were contracted to hunt down and kill a group of former cerberus employee's who had attempted to black mail the corporation. Much as always, Steven and Nero took the mission on easilly and boarded a transport they were on. Unfortunately, there were a large amount of innocent people and children on board the transport, with Steven objecting to having to open fire on an unarmed crowd. Nero meanwhile had no such reservations, killing a large amount of people on board the transport along with the employee's they were contracted to kill. Angered at his friend and mentors willingness to kill innocent people, he got into a brief firefight with the man, ending when he shot Nero through the shoulder when he charged him with a knife. Taking the knife, Steven left the ship behind.

Knowing he had just taken leave of the blue suns without permission and injured his former friend, Steven decided to go into hiding and try to start his life over. He got his armor cosmetically redone, so that he could blend better with crowds and took up various jobs as a freelancer so that he could get by. All the while, he is trying to flee his former life and the Blue Suns mercs, hoping to never run into Nero again.
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:  

Two M-3 Predator pistols which have been illegally modified to produce less recoil, allowing him to dual wield them
    M-8 Avenger assault rifle
    Turian dagger which he 'borrowed' from his mentor.
    Cosmetically Modified Blue suns armor that has gotten rid of the insignia's and is now colored black and dark blue.
    Notes: He has a rather high tolerance for Alcohol and is a smoker, as well as being a fan of Jazz music. He also has a targeting visor not unlike Garrus', although it's been modified to fit a human. The only downside is that his doesn't work and is simply used for show.
    Last edited by infernai; 11-07-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast